Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Anyone play 40k and live nr Darlington, UK?

8K views 27 replies 6 participants last post by  Red Orc 
#1 ·
Alright lads, as i mentioned in my hello thread i'm looking to get into 40k but would quite like to try and fins folk my own age or older to have a game with as opposed to the guys who hang out in my local shop who all seem really young any time ive been in.

I'm 27yrs old and although only just getting into 40k ive played historical wargames for years with my old man. I did have a little bash at 40k about 15 yrs ago which resulted in a small BA army but thats all.

Looking to paint up a Salamanders army as i speak.

As someone already suggested i might try stores in other nearby cities like Durham to see if i get any joy.

#6 ·
Cheers bud, got the PM and looking through the website now. The only downer is its outside Middlesbrough, and as sods l;aw would have it, on the opposite side of the town to me :S

But alls not lost, maybe just means i'll have to only go once a month or something so thanks a lot.

#8 ·
Maybe the two of you could arrange to meet once a month in York, at the GW there say, and game with each other?

Go on. Go on go on go on. You know you want to...

Just a suggestion anyway, based on your vague geographical proximity.

:bringing Heretics together cyclops:

#28 ·
... Red Orc: Heresy Online's Official Gaming Pimp!

Well, my work here is done...

Looks smug, exists stage left.

BTW, that's going in my sig.

:matchmaking cyclops:

#10 ·
Au contraire, mate, Darlo to York on the train is... just long enough for a banana to turn brown... let's say half an hour.

As for Heresy's Pimp... well, I was thinking 'Matchmaker', myself, but it's much of a muchness...

:yer not wrong cyclops:

#13 ·
Well i went to my local GW's Sunday games thing where they rent a little hall and have a few games. I was a bit dissapointed as the game was IG v Nids and wasnt very entertaining, it was more of a whitewash really. I think the Nid player lost 3 genestealers, the IG guy, his entire army.

The worst thing, which the GW guy confirmed is that i cant really get a game till i have an army, so looks like i may have to wait some time. I had thought previously GW would let you use theirs for an introductory game.

I may have to try further afield for possible guys to game with, one area i'm looking at is Newcastle, its only 2 stops on the train and even if i could get a couple of decent lads to get games even once a month with i'd be happy.

I've yet to try the Middlesbrough lot out as i thought i'd give darlington a bash first and although i wouldnt rule it out, it didnt blow me away. Atmosphere didnt seem too friendly apart from a couple of guys, though there was more my age and above than i expected. Funnily enough the friendliest were the young kids lol.

So if anyone knows of any clubs etc in Newcastle i'd be happy to go along for a look.

#21 ·
cool! and that goes for Da Red Paintjob Grot as well! Tho I would add we only really have people over the age of 20 ish... you said you have a wife so I reckon you must be!

We are in the pub tomorrow night, we can work out when everyone can kinda thing.. Oh Anchient is a new recruit as well!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.