"Balanced" Ork table - Page 12 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 127 (permalink) Old 01-30-10, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

omgitsduane's Flag is: Australia

I would love to make that belt contraption but the easiest and best looking would be girders I think and they go for like 14$ a pop around here

Also it seems a bit... unstable in a sense I wonder how it would hold up if anyone touched it during the game?

Thanks pie, but for the life of me, I can't find that sign outside when I looked the other day. I hope its not lost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 127 (permalink) Old 02-01-10, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Ok so I've been trying to make some interesting area terrain that sort of fits into the theme of the table. I have made three small pieces so far, none of which are overly detailed as I've been busy with other things.

This is the first piece, will be slightly more defended than the other 3 of the set I'm currently working on.

The machine gun could of used more dakka but its too late now as I don't wanna snap it off its delicate structure. It swivels up and down and around the curved pole to face the enemy.

The middle piece was going to be a small mek shop that would be where the kans would be retrofitted with their different gear but I am a little undecided about this. Maybe a temporary HQ or armory?

The last piece is sort of a tribute to the downed kan during the last time the beakies arrived. I have another beakie and plan to convert quite a few headless/disembowed orks for the table as well as beakies to show give it a bit of depth I guess.

And they fit together like so:

I also had a toy AK from a long time ago that I broke the barrel off, figured it was perfect for this so I turned it into a kill kannon battery. I have no idea how I'm going to model this exactly or what its going to sit on... Maybe I'll make a small "fort".

Anyway that's it for now! My tub of plaster has run out and I need to go down and fetch another to fix up all the edges and add more layers to some of the hills.

I was wondering today weather some craters might be in order? Just smallish ones but craters none the less?

Last edited by omgitsduane; 02-01-10 at 03:42 PM.
post #113 of 127 (permalink) Old 02-01-10, 05:52 PM

Looking good.

Wisdom means having the ability to admit what you do not know. - Me

Mother nature does not give do overs. - Me too

post #114 of 127 (permalink) Old 02-01-10, 07:38 PM

Oodles's Flag is: New Zealand

Your brain is incredible, where my brain sees a tyre, yours sees a helicopter. Keep it up! Ill be watching

Two drums and a Cymbal fell of a cliff....Badoom Chish!!
Check out slaine69's posts! A wicked Artist!

post #115 of 127 (permalink) Old 02-02-10, 04:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oodles View Post
Your brain is incredible, where my brain sees a tyre, yours sees a helicopter. Keep it up! Ill be watching
new signature! This is awesome.
post #116 of 127 (permalink) Old 02-03-10, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

I smashed a hammer I made at fabrication school into the table and carved out some thin craters. I would of gone deeper but I don't wanna limit the traffic too much around the table as it gets to be a huge pain eventually when you can only go so many ways. I also took off the fences as I found them to get in the way during games, perhaps I might just glue them to some of the tank trap areas.

ALSO! I put some holes in the pillars as a sort of collateral damage look.

These all need some bulking up and I'm not sure how as I'm sort of getting sick of the ramshackle plasticard look I want something with a little more substance maybe?

I also put some rocks for the base one these two, perhaps the first one has a bit too much, I may cover it up with more sand I think.

I was thinking of putting some little defenses up on the hill sections or is the pay off of having the high ground the ability to be shot down just as easy?

I was thinking of making a few pillars similar to size as the ones in the middle that can be places around however and I need to find a use for the last of the spiece of panzee dungon that I have lying around.

Quote:
Your brain is incredible, where my brain sees a tyre, yours sees a helicopter.

Last edited by omgitsduane; 02-03-10 at 11:13 PM.
post #117 of 127 (permalink) Old 02-05-10, 05:25 PM

Keep it up
post #118 of 127 (permalink) Old 02-20-10, 04:56 AM Thread Starter

I've been a little busy in my personal life drawing up storms as much as I possibly can and trying my hand at sculpting (no pics til I'm content with it) and I thought with my free time today I would use it to paint the couple of objectives and some terrain pieces just roughly to give it a bit more life.

The triple piece scenery that fits together, I'm unsure what to write on the signs, I was thinking something standard and orky like "dakkadakkaboyz" like a gang tag and the other one some anti-beakie slogan "go away blueboyz!" or something? As the ultramarines are features on the terrain as being the losers.

I have another objective outside but it is pretty much only mildly detailed so I didn't bother to bring it in to paint just yet. the deff copta crash I think is fun and when I build up the scene should be pretty interesting. I also wanted to have one that was a King Arthur-inspired "golden klaw" stuck in a rock.

I used magnets on this to stick the top of the piece to the support beams and although it wasn't a totally smooth operation it worked none-the-less.

The water tower I am very happy with as am I with the refinery section but the top of the water tower seems to drag the whole piece down a little. I contemplated today maybe cutting the "top" off and having it jagged like the orks wrecked it or god-knows.

Any comments I'd love to hear!

Quote:
Your brain is incredible, where my brain sees a tyre, yours sees a helicopter.

Last edited by omgitsduane; 02-20-10 at 04:58 AM.
post #119 of 127 (permalink) Old 02-20-10, 07:53 AM

Scyfus's Flag is: Canada

This post was the main reason I joined Horus Heresy. Very cool, please keep up the good work.
post #120 of 127 (permalink) Old 02-20-10, 08:25 AM

BaBaBaBen's Flag is: USA

Looking really cool keep it up.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting > Scenery & Basing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode