Guinea Refinery - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-08, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Miniature's Surgeon

Dusty's Corner's Flag is: Philipines

Default Guinea Refinery

This project is being thrown together quick. So excuse any rough edges, glue, blue tac, and other bits of crap. It's using an old frame which was originally for my guinea pigs, but they kept adding their own battledamage!
So using loads and loads of bits from the box, been trying to fit something out in suiting with Muffinman's request for pipes and valves.
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=20431
It's a very time consuming/and really messy with glue (but maybe that's due to haste). This is gonna take ages to complete. There's a guest appearence from Bronco for scale.

Smaller structure's front

At the top

This is gonna be a control desk, the middle console was gonna how a sheet of glass because the silver bits have springs, but just as I was gluing no.4 they all got stuck. So it might not be a set os scales anymore.

The back

Wanted to put some electrics somewhere, but with being in a rush...
But I did quickly throw this gadget together, now you'll know if that armour piercing shell caused the building to tilt!

And another industrial pipe thing, needs lots more still.

Loads to do,

Dusty

Last edited by Dusty's Corner; 11-28-08 at 07:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-08, 12:03 PM

Wow. this looks like it's going to be really good! I do so like that "oh look, here's a broken computer part... WRONG! Here's a control node for a Promethium Extractor!"-type approach.

:applauding while typing cyclops:

"Well it's Forty-one Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty-nine OK -
Gotta war across the Milky Way - "
Iggius Popiscus and the Stoogii, "41,969"

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-08, 01:35 PM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

Looking very good. The structure looks very impressive. The idea of using the spirit level is new. Are you intending to paint it or leave it see through?

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-08, 02:16 PM
Must keep painting....

squeek's Flag is: United Kingdom

Looking good so far Dusty, you have an incredible array of bits and bobs on your scenery you make. Do you have a particularly good source of little things for modelling, or do you just constantly keep an eye out for interesting bits?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-08, 08:14 PM

W O W !

That is awesome!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-08, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humakt View Post
... The idea of using the spirit level is new. Are you intending to paint it or leave it see through?
There's a thread on TerraGenesis here http://www.terragenesis.co.uk/forum/...pic.php?t=4284 where these are used, and they look very funky (it's about 8 shots down, but don't rush to get there, there's too much good stuff to see on the way). They look completely 'right' when they just sit there, as great big coolant tanks, regeneration chambers, or something like that.

Anyway, more pix of your fantastic creations please Dusty!

:awesomized cyclops:

"Well it's Forty-one Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty-nine OK -
Gotta war across the Milky Way - "
Iggius Popiscus and the Stoogii, "41,969"

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-08, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Miniature's Surgeon

That's for the comments guys.
Sorry I'm abit crap at getting back to questions and replys and usely quick and brief, but if I said fully what I wanted, well we'll be here all day (I could probably open a class) and I wouldn't the time to actually build it all. Likewise taking pictures and processing is long, I know I could do a quick photo job, but I like a good picture (I got moaned at pretty hard for taking loads of out-of-focus shots!)
Bits - just keep an eye out. Didn't you giuys ever see Transformers, 'more than meets the eye'. I got a fortune cookie that said (no lie, sounds cheesy too); 'you show others that there are other beauties in the world' - What a chat up line! from a cookie!
Unfortunately the refinery isn't really gonna get built, at least not this one. This is a more 'kit-bashing'project. The pipes and features aren't really arranged properly. Use it as a example piece (for Muffinman originally). Generally I prefer not to use old plastic cases like from VCR's etc. Even though they look quite like buildings with a quick spray over, they're too irregular and to find common parts is difficult. Infact I might nab some of the pipes back and put them on the base that's being entered for the comp. That's scratched built.
Also with he Guinea Refinery, 'cause the kids (Guinea) had it, it's got quite a few bite marks in it. Oh yeah, suppose I could mention, I build toys for my kids. They like their holes and ramps. But they hate this tread mill I made them (for exercise). And it all makes for quite a good scale for City fighting!

Anyways, that's one of my momments to have a bit of a rant. Back to work...
All the best,
Dusty
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-08, 04:32 AM

Otep's Flag is: USA

Hey dusty, if you dont mind me asking, what is that giant piece of plastic? i see part of a level, what appears to be a glow-stick or two... but i cant put my finger on the guant plastic bit :/

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-08, 04:24 AM Thread Starter
Miniature's Surgeon

Howdy all,
Thought this thread was gonna die down, but I dug these up and thought for general interest they may be of use? So just some general structures. Not really planning on taking them any further in build.
First up, my kids 6 hole run-through box. It's been repaired hence the dirtyness. Bit out of shape too.

Here they are BTW, the little devils, most of this stuff was made for them.
This one is Pea

Her twin (got her at the same time), Beans/Beannie

And Polo, who had babies, making us grandparents

Anyway enough from the 'destructors of plastic'.

This is some old half plastic half metal case (power supply maybe). So it's now being converted into a Space Marine HQ. There's small square holes along the top perfect for guns. Probably cover over the smaller circle holes.

Sow off the interior a little. The end wall is actual glass. Here's a view through it.

And another, but I took this upside down without the floor, so the pic looks kinda upsidedown.

Now another structure, a bridge

-YHEW- That took bloody ages to compile...
Would you believe there's even more lurking around this place. Might have to do a thread 'Dusty:memory lane'.

Anyways, I'm behind schedule...better get back to the Base (wink)

Dusty
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-08, 04:31 AM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Insane like normal Dusty, great looking stuff!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting > Scenery & Basing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode