ADnD 2nd Ed - Original Campaign Setting - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-21-11, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Initiate's Flag is: Iran

Default ADnD 2nd Ed - Original Campaign Setting

I thought I would return with a new campaign setting/rules adaptation I have come up with for 2nd edition ADnD. This is supposed to be as realistic as possible in a fantasy world, and I want there to be possibilities for political, military and adventuring campaigns, depending on what the players want.

I am beginning play testing soon, but for now, the back story/politics portion and the rule adjustments are attached. This is a work in progress, so suggestions, comments, criticism, things I've missed etc. are very much appreciated.

To come: Maps and detailed explanation of magic.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Tarod Campaign Rule Details.doc (64.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: doc Tarod Campaign Fluff.doc (37.0 KB, 1 views)

"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for."
-Socrates
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-25-11, 05:09 AM Thread Starter

Initiate's Flag is: Iran

Magic

In Tarod, Magic functions differently than in vanilla DnD. One uses magic by opening a portal to the Plane of Chaos and harnessing the powers within. The Plane of Chaos itself is highly unstable, but there are safer parts within it, called Realms, which have been mapped by past generations of magic-users.

When a portal is first opened, it opens into the Realm of Harmony. This part of the Plane of Chaos is harmless, with a few (good) side effects, and only beneficial spells. Spells cast from the Realm of Harmony have the highest success rate.

From there, if one travels deeper, they run into the still calm waters of the Realm of Benign. Here, spells are not truly harmful, but they are rarely beneficial. This Realm is most commonly used by Illusionists. Side effects from the Realm of Benign are usually mischievous in nature and do not directly hurt anyone. While not as high as spells from the Realm of Harmony, the success rate for spells stemming from Benign is quite high.

Further still lies the deadly sea that is True Chaos. Here, power runs rampant and its use has—often deadly—consequences. Because of the hectic nature of the Plane of Chaos, it is difficult to bend spells of True Chaos to your will. Often, they will do something unexpected and sometimes counterproductive. These spells are much more powerful than those originating from the Realms, but they are also much more likely to go wrong. If a spell proves too powerful for its caster, anything can happen, the spell could destroy everything nearby or it may lead to the creation of new life. But, under the command of a skilled Manipulator, True Chaotic magic is a frighteningly effective force.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tarod.jpg (700.3 KB, 1 views)

"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for."
-Socrates

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Games > RPG Resources

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode