Gathering interest - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-11, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition
Default Gathering interest

Hello my fellow Heretics!

As some of you may have noted, earlier this year I created an RP called Blades in the Shadows. Long story short, I had high hopes for this RP but it kind of failed, mainly due to a lack of interest. So, to save myself and anyone who might join unnecessary effort, I'm doing a bit of reconnaissance before hand.

I am planning to start an RP focusing on the Grey Knights. Before anyone get overjoyed at being able to wantonly use psychic powers, that's not going to happen.

Edit:The campaign will focus on a planet called Soryth. Due to the foreknowledge of their precognicars (I think that's what they are called, I don't have the codex to hand) the grey knights have been forewarned of an immanent daemonic incursion about to take place on Soryth, and have sent a detachment of Grey Knights to deal with the threat. The characters will be a Strike squad of 5-10 (depending upon uptake) Grey Knights. 1 heavy weapon per 5 players. As for enemies, the standard deal; cultists, daemons, maybe some Chaos Space marines in certain places. The objective; close the warp gate, stop the summonings, cleanse the world of it's taint. Fairly standard deal, for Grey Knights anyway. There will be a few option choices I will make available to the players which will alter the course of the RP, and hopefully means that the final outcome will be a result of the players choices and my direction.

As for the style, I'm planning to rather shamelessly steal unxpected22 and BlackApostleVilhelm's style of an omniscient narrator who controls a few NPC's but has no 'character' in the RP. Nothing against other styles that work like that, it's just that I think that this style works best, plus I find if I have a character, I am prone to getting a bit too carried away with my own posts and actions, rather than those of my players, which isn't good.

So my question is, who would want to join if I start this RP?

Last edited by Deus Mortis; 04-09-11 at 11:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-11, 12:55 AM

Euphrati's Flag is: USA

I think that you are going to have to give a bit more information than what you have here in order for anyone to say if they are truly interested or not.

You have basically only said your concept deals with Grey Knights... and nothing about the actual storyline or what 'style' you are going to be using.

Flesh it out a bit more and you will have a higher interest.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-11, 02:17 AM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

I agree with Euphrati. Where as a RP centered around the Grey Knights is sure to garner some interest solely based on the hype out there, I think to get any serious players we are going to need to know a little more about the story.

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-11, 08:36 AM

Karak The Unfaithful's Flag is: Great Britain

A grey knight RP, it could work...
I did once consider the same thing myself but I only have the old daemonhunters codex.

If you know your stuff about GK go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klomster View Post
Ok, doing good gentlemen.
(Except Karak, you are not really a gentleman, but more brutal.... a brutalman )
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-11, 09:49 AM
Feed

I`m listening...

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-11, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphrati View Post
I think that you are going to have to give a bit more information than what you have here in order for anyone to say if they are truly interested or not.

You have basically only said your concept deals with Grey Knights... and nothing about the actual storyline or what 'style' you are going to be using.

Flesh it out a bit more and you will have a higher interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge913 View Post
I agree with Euphrati. Where as a RP centered around the Grey Knights is sure to garner some interest solely based on the hype out there, I think to get any serious players we are going to need to know a little more about the story.
Hmmm...yeah, probably should have thought of that

Ok, I've added some 'flesh' to the original post, as per direction. If that is still not enough, then I'm sure I can add some more. I think I was initially a bit over-zealous at trying not to reveal any main aspects of the storyline, just because a) I'd imagine it would be rather boring knowing where everything is head in the RP anyway,regardless of what you post. b) As I understand it, the GM has a rough idea, the barebones of a plot, and then the player add the depth to it, so it's also a bit difficult to second guess what would happen

Also, I don't know if you meant it this way Midge or not, but this it's just an RP based on hype, and I thought it would be a laugh. I was playing Grey Knights for a while before the new codex came out, and have always liked their fluff (well, the older stuff anyway. The new codex makes me go a bit ), and I thought it would be best as I'm hardly a veteran GM to go for an RP based on an army I know well before attempting anything more adventurous. Just to clarify.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-11, 12:27 PM

Farseer Darvaleth's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
I`m listening...
No Serp! It's a Grey Knight RP, you can't play as the daemons!

I am certainly interested, but not sure I can pledge definitely to this. I'll have to think on it. It's tempting, though.

Give a man a match, and he's warm for a day.

Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life!

Cato Marquand
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-11, 12:39 PM
description whore

deathbringer's Flag is: England

you always have my full support in any venture into gmship deus, however i must admit at the moment i feel like a poisoned chalice.

As for grey knights,always a good idea, cant help but love those boys in silver

kudos to lillian thorne for the awesome sig
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-11, 01:11 PM
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer Darvaleth View Post
No Serp! It's a Grey Knight RP, you can't play as the daemons!
Phooey...

Anyways, the plot sounds interesting enough, there`s certainly room for a few twists and surprises (I love those) so you have my interest. The new GK fluff is certainly interesting to say the least.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-11, 02:36 AM

BlackGuard's Flag is: USA

I'd be interested assuming the plot was fullfilling enough. I know the barebones is there, but Grey Knights tend to be a bit -- bland. They are uncorruptable if I am not mistaken, making the aspect of actually falling to Chaos a moot point.

Still, I'd give it a go to see what its all about. I'm no Grey Knights fluff-fiend so I don't know much beyond the barebones of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
The chaos gods abandoned Horus most likely because they saw the can of whoop ass coming their way and wanted out of the way so as not to get fucked up!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode