Suffer not the Xeno to Live - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 157 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

Necrosis's Flag is: Canada

Default Suffer not the Xeno to Live

The doors to the bridge of the Strike Crusier Abrogation opened as a figure entered the bridge. The captain and his crew looked upon this figure. The figure was a female, who wore power armour and was armed with an inferno pistol, power sword and Praesidium Protectiva. Her power armour was the same wore by that of the Adepta Sororitas but all its marking were gone and replaced with Inquisitorial ones of the Ordo Xenos. The Armour was mainly black with a red trimming. Thus it would be impossible to tell which order she was form. Her hair color was an unusually dark purple; her eye color was green at least her left eye was. Her right eye had been replaced by a bionic implant. Yet the one thing that stood out was her Inquisitorial Rosette. This showed her position as an Inquisitor.

“Ah, Inquisitor Sylivian, we are just about to drop out of warp. We will be entering the Scinivelia system soon.” said the Captain as he saw the Inquisitor enter the bridge. “Good, call for my retinue and tell them to come to the bridge. I wish to meet them; after all I will be working with them until they or I are dead.“ said Inquisitor Sylivian as she took a quick glance at the bridge before putting her attention at the captain. The bridge had several officers, most of them males. They didn’t really stand out. The captain on the other hand carried a bolt pistol and a power sword. He wore carapace armor that covered most of his body. He had blonde hair and green eyes. For a normal human he was pretty tall.

“Captain, dropping out of warp and entering the Scinivelia system.” said one of the bridge officers. “Set a route for Scinivelia II.” said the captain as he then turned back towards the Inquisitor. “Inquisitor I summoned your retinue to the bridge. They will arrive shortly. What should I tell the Space Marines?” ask the Captain. “Tell them we have exited warp and we shall soon arrive at our target. There is no need to summon them to bridge. It would simply waste their time.” said Inquisitor Sylivian as she responded to the Captain question. “It shall be done.” said the Captain.

Valerie & Carlton Corazion: You are each in your own quarters when you get a message from the captain. He informs you that the Inquisitor wishes to see you on the bridge. The bridge isn’t too far from your quarters. Arrive there and introduce yourself to the Inquisitor. Also how is your character feeling? Are you nervous about meeting the Inquisitor? Feel free to ask the Inquisitor any questions you have about her or the mission.

Mikhael Doukas, Nexus Vaddon & Arminius Furien: You are all in the same room. This room is very close to the bridge and to the hanger. Feel free to introduce yourself to each other. The captain has also informed you that the ship has just exited warp. Thus you will be starting you mission soon. The Inquisitor will expect you to be ready to start the mission as soon as they are in range. If you wish to talk to the Inquisitor you may use the Vox to speak to her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 157 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 03:45 AM
Bruva I am hit!

Protoss119's Flag is: USA

"He who allows the alien to live, shares its crime of existence." -Inquisitor Apollyon

Mikhael was uncomfortable. That was a hard thing for him to admit, given that he had been trained and conditioned in the most hellish of environments, but the relative lack of danger, of the natural hazards that he had been accustomed to, was the very source of his discomfort. He had known Dystopia since his feet first touched the muddy soil, and in the years following his induction, it felt less like a nightmarish Death World and more like home.

It had been many years since the Damocles Crusade, and his hatred of Xenos had not diminished ever since - especially the Tau. It was not simply a desire for vengeance that drove him to such hate; surely, the Stormhunters had lost many brothers to the vicious Kroot and the cunning Tau, but he did not simply desire to avenge their deaths. He hated them, as did his brothers, and that was all. They were so abhorrent to him that he wanted to kill all xenos everywhere, to see everything they had achieved cast down before them by their betters.

Admittedly, Mikhael was not as well-versed in battling the Tyranids as, say, the Ultramarines. Ever since the Damocles Crusade, the Ultramarines and the Stormhunters have had a troubled history. He and many of his brothers blamed the Codex Astartes for the deaths of their brothers; where was Guilliman's answer to Mont'ka and Kauyon? Where was his response to the ambushes of the Tau, with their advanced technology, and the Kroot, with their numbers and their stealth and their ferocity? Mikhael and his brothers responded with disturbing joy when mighty Theridus announced their complete abandonment of the Codex. Relations between the Stormhunters and the Ultramarines had been degrading during the Crusade beforehand, but following the Stormhunters' breaking from the Codex Astartes entirely, they would never be the same.

For that reason, Mikhael bore no love for his Ultramarine companion. Even so, they were fighting Tyranids today, not Tau. Given the Battles of Ultramar and of Tarsis Ultra, he figured that Arminius and the Ultramarines knew more about fighting the Tyranids than the Stormhunters did - for now, anyway. And so, holding his helmet in one arm and his boltgun in the other, he approached Arminius and spoke the unthinkable:

"You are Brother Arminius Furien, correct? The Ultramarines seem to know more of battling the Tyranid than our chapter does at the present. Therefore I am willing to defer to your command; we will likely require your expertise."

Homebrew stuff for your viewing pleasure:
The Stormhunters Fluff/Crunch - Updated 10/07/13
The Rust Legion Fluff - Updated 5/19/13
Firaeveus Carron Rules - Updated 12/9/10
post #3 of 157 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 06:07 AM

Therizza's Flag is: USA

Arminius Furien sat there, meditating on the mission he would soon undertake. Though he knew not the size nor disposition of the xeno threat he would face whilst attached to this Deathwatch team, he knew that the Emperor's light would guide them. It was during moments like these that Arminius would recount the battles he had fought in, and won, in the Emperor's name. He recounted the litany of comrades that he had lost, dedicated to memory, and swore that he would avenge every single one of them a hundred fold.

As Arminius neared the end of his meditations, one of the other Marines he had been sharing the room with approached.

"You are Brother Arminius Furien, correct? The Ultramarines seem to know more of battling the Tyranid than our chapter does at the present. Therefore I am willing to defer to your command; we will likely require your expertise" spoke the unknown Marine as he approached Arminius.

"Yes, that is the name my father gave me. But what is a name without a face?" replied Arminius. Rising from his seated position, he deactivated the restraints holding his helmet in place. Walking towards the Marine, Arminius met him with a salute.

"And you, I presume, must be Brother Mikhael, of the Stormhunters if I am not mistaken?"

Mikhael was a Stormhunter, this much Arminius new for certain. Their chapter had abandoned the Codex Astartes in favor of their own tactics, and had shown no love for the Ultramarines as of late. Due to these factors, Arminius knew he would need to comport himself amiably if their stint with the Deathwatch was to end in victory.

"Yes it is true, we have developed some tactics for combating the Tyranid. Perhaps we will have time to train before we make planetfall?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putch. View Post
All I can say is holy meltafuck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
a massive mess of incorrect information and patrotic [email protected]$%s wiggling.
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...81#post1273781

post #4 of 157 (permalink) Old 01-06-11, 12:32 AM
Bruva I am hit!

"Yes it is true, we have developed some tactics for combating the Tyranid. Perhaps we will have time to train before we make planetfall?"

"Perhaps." Mikhael pondered and weighed Arminius's words. He was far from expecting the Ultramarine to follow the example of the Stormhunters, but Emperor's Mercy if he was to follow the Codex Astartes for once. A tactical approach melding the tenets of the Codex Astartes and the teachings of Theridus just might work to the satisfaction of both. He was nothing if not flexible; his mentors had seen to that.

"But I would not do so without the presence of our Brother Apothecary" he said as he turned to the figure in question, taking note of the badge of the Crimson Fists on his shoulder pad marking him as a fellow son of Dorn. "What is your name, brother? And should we have time, would you join us in our exercise?"

post #5 of 157 (permalink) Old 01-06-11, 07:02 AM

Lord Ramo's Flag is: England

Nexus Vaddon looked up as his brothers introduced themselves to each other. He had been in the corner of the room, checking through his equipment when the Inquisitors message had come through. He wished he knew what was happening on the bridge, it would be good to have the full mission details, but he was Astartes. He would succeed without the information if necessary. He had to, the Crimson Fists could not lose any other brothers, they had lost too much as it is.

He took note of the names of his brothers, committing them to his memory, Brother Arminius of the Ultramarines and brother Mikhael of the stormhunters. Both chapters held in esteem by his, the Ultramarines for the codex and conflicts past and the stormhunters as they were sons of Dorn. "What is your name, brother? And should we have time, would you join us in our exercise?" Nexus saw that they were asking him so he removed his helmet and set it in the crook of his arm.

"I am brother Nexus Vaddon, Crimson Fist apothecary 2nd Company. Well met brothers. If there is time I shall watch and learn from the skills of our brother."

post #6 of 157 (permalink) Old 01-07-11, 05:26 AM
Feed

Default Valerie

Val was alone. Like always, there was nobody in the ship`s crew that had taken an interest in her, at least not once they had gotten close enough to feel it...

The Void... Emptiness. She wasn`t like them. She was hollow.

But that hadn`t surprised her, really. It was still somewhat disappointing, every attempt she had ever made to form a lasting relationship had ended in disappointment.

She distracted herself by practising her sword technique. A short butterly sword in each hand spun unbelievably fast as she twisted and danced through the kata she had developed a few years back. She had designed the series of techniques to develop every facet of her skill, to give her a good workout and test her reflexes and muscle toning to their limits.

It passed the time well.

After an hour`s workout, she finally decided to take a rest. Panting heavily, she reached for a bottle of water at the side of her bed when a buzz came from the door of her quarters.

'It`s open!' She called, and the door slid open. A young adjutant stepped into the room, his eyes lighting up at the sight of the young woman before him.

Take two steps forward, lad. She thought glumly. That`ll cure that annoying smile.

'Lady... Valerie?' The aide asked, checking his dataslate.

'That`s me.' Val replied.

'Ah, good.' He nodded. 'The Lady Inquisitor has requested your presence on the command deck.'

'Alright.' Val said. 'Will you show me the way?'

'Of course!' He replied.

He sounds delighted. Val thought. Poor fool...

But in reality, Val pitied herself more than him...

- - -

Entering the bridge of the ship, Val nodded her thanks to the aide as he turned and hurriedly left. She had been right. The smile had vanished from the boy`s face as soon as they were within three metres of each other. She had quelled any seeds of hope for a night with him on the rest of the voyage...

'Milady Inquisitor!' Val announced her presence, ignoring the rest of the crew. They were likely to have the same reaction anyway, and if she was honest none of them really appealed to her. 'You requested my presence? I am led to understand we have a genestealer problem. I am at your command, do you have any further information?'

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #7 of 157 (permalink) Old 01-09-11, 02:04 AM

G0DSMACKED's Flag is: USA

Carlton Corazion was asleep in his chambers when the summoning came. Roused but grogy, he put on his redemptionist robes, and made his way to the bridge. A confusing room, cramped with lights and people hooked into panels. The various servo-humans runing the day to day operations of the ship.

Upon entering Carlton saw Val greeting the inqisitor. Waiting for her to finish, Carlton then spoke up. "Carlton Corazion, High priest of redemption, and excorcist of taint, at your service. Those who know me by reputation simply call me Firebeard."

With that he rested his hands on his hips. His engerness to do good works in the name of the emperor, had gotten the better of him. His Large grin shown through the mess of red hair on his chin.

post #8 of 157 (permalink) Old 01-09-11, 06:48 AM

Therizza's Flag is: USA

I am brother Nexus Vaddon, Crimson Fist apothecary 2nd Company...

A Crimson Fist, Arminius thought to himself. He hoped that the Apothecary would be able to disarm any hostilities that may rise between Arminius and Mikhael.

"It is an honor to serve with you, Brother-Apothecary Vaddon" replied Arminius.

Just then, the vox-system located above the doorway came to life. "Honored Space Marines, this is the Ship's Captain. We have exited the warp and are currently entering the Scinivelia system." With that, the transmission ended.

"It seems we are upon our target sooner than I had anticipated. Time for a training exercise is likely non existent. Nevertheless, I have brought some targeting information that may help us in the execution of our mission." Having said that, Arminius reached for his belt and retrieved a data stick. After activating the device with a voice recognition protocol, a holographic projection emerged.

The image was that of a pure-bred Genestealer, with certain areas highlighted in red to denote weak areas. "I am led to believe that we shall be combating a Genestealer threat. More dire than this, it is known that where Genestealers appear, larger Tyranid forces will not take long to follow." Arminius began explaining the combat tendencies of this species, as well as weaknesses that could be exploited by the Deathwatch Marines, pointing out weaknesses in the bio-armor and other physiological data.

Moving on from the Genestealer, Arminius continued explaining the tendencies, and weaknesses, of several other Tyranid species he had encountered...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putch. View Post
All I can say is holy meltafuck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
a massive mess of incorrect information and patrotic [email protected]$%s wiggling.
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...81#post1273781
post #9 of 157 (permalink) Old 01-11-11, 02:49 AM
Bruva I am hit!

Mikhael listened closely to Arminius, considering his advice on the Tyranids. The Stormhunters knew much about battling the alien in general, and their knowledge did not exclude the Tyranids, but his prediction about the Ultramarines' greater knowledge of the Tyranid threat proved to be true. There were several points that this Son of Guilliman made that he had not considered before. It begged a question: how did a chapter that adhered so closely to tactical doctrines written 10,000 years ago manage to accomplish so much against the Tyranid threat?

A question for another time, he thought. If the Tyranid threat could reach past the Eastern Fringe into Segmentum Tempestus, then that meant that Dystopia itself, located in a system that hugged the border between the Tempestus and Solar Segmentums, could be threatened relatively soon if they were not stopped here and now. But for now, the three of them would need to devise a plan of attack concerning the Genestealers and the rest of the Tyranids when they arrive.

"Genestealers are infamous for their stealth and their guile, as you well know, and they will no doubt be biding their time in the shadows to ambush us. I suggest we cling to those very same shadows in order to steal the initiative from them. Moreover, they seem to be able to organize themselves into cults that hide behind the cover of a legitimate Imperial organization. An investigation into whatever movement or organization we come across would be sound, but we must be thorough.

"The 5th Company and I once purged Hive Romanograd on the planet Gambrilline entirely of life, destroying the Genestealer cult there in the process and ensuring it would never again rise on Gambrilline. Three marines will be unable to do this, so we will need to draw them out of hiding and then eliminate them and anyone involved with them if necessary."

post #10 of 157 (permalink) Old 01-16-11, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Necrosis's Flag is: Canada

((OOC: Sorry for not making a post sooner but I've kind of lost my will to rp but I will keep this rp going))

Inquisitor Sylivian watched the monitor has she waited for her retinue. Then she heard the door opened and turned to face the crew member who had just entered. It seemed he was in a rush. Then Sylivian saw who was behind him. No wonder he was in a rush. He had brought Val, the untouchable. If there was one thing here more valuable than the death watch marines it was her. She was the bane of psykers and Sylivian primary defense against witchcraft, aside form her faith of course. Most people despised blanks but Sylivian did not. She knew what she felt was nothing compared to the pain that witches felt when they were around her.

As Val introduced herself, the other member of Sylivian retinue entered, High Priest Carlton Corazion of the redemption cult. To have one devoted to faith like him was nearly impossible. Only the Sisters of Battle could match such faith and devotion to the Emperor. Val had learned that even the most loyal Inquisitors could become radicals. To become an Inquisitor risks tainting your soul. Yet with High Priest Carlton Corazion at her side, Inquisitor Sylivian was sure that she would not fall into the path of radicals.

"As you both know I have requested both of you to become part of my retinue. Val, you are an untouchable. Those who cannot stand your presence are either weak or are witches. For you are the bane of chaos itself. Even Daemons are hesitant to walk near you. As for you High Priest Carlton Corazion. You are a true servant of the Emperor. You did not wait to be called to fight the enemy; you did not wait for the enemy to bring the battle to you. You instead went and brought the battle to the enemy. You have shown true faith in the Emperor. This is why I have chosen you two. The path of an Inquisitor is a dangerous one, not just for the body but for the soul. Yet with you two at my side, I know I shall not falter. Yet if I ever do I expect the two of you to do something about it, even if it means my death and yours." said Sylivian as then paused for a moment. She was just about to say something before the entire ship started to shake.

"We've been hit." said one of the officers. "Raise shields. Return Fire." said the Captain. "Sir Shields are failing and weapons are firing but the target is moving extremely fast, we can't get a lock." said the officer. "How did they catch us off guard? Why didn't it show up on scanners?" asked Sylivian. "I don't know how but it's a civilian ship. No civilian ship is this fast or has this kind of fire power." said the captain. "Get us a visual on that" said Inquisitor Sylivian. The monitor then displayed an image of a ship with several sharp curves. "That looks like an Eldar ship." said one of the crew members. "Not Eldar, Dark Eldar." said Inquisitor Sylivian. "That's why they were reading as a civilian ship, they were using mimic engines." said the captain. "Sir incoming smaller ships. Looks like there boarding us." said one of the crew members. Inquisitor Sylivian then moved towards the vox that went through out the ship. "This is Inquisitor Sylivian, prepare to repel enemy boarding party. We are under attack by the Dark Eldar. I repeat we are under attack by Dark Eldar." said Sylivian as then put down the vox and then used her comm bead. "This is Inquisitor Sylivian to Death Watch. I want you guys to go to the hanger and repel the enemy boarding party."

Valerie & Carlton Corazion: You should stay on the bridge and protect the Inquisitor. Feel free to ask a few questions about the dark eldar. You see the Inquisitor takes cover behind one of the computer consoles. Once you have finished asking your questions, you will hear a large explosion and see the bridge doors blown apart. From the smoke you see about ten dark eldar warriors appear who begin to open fire with splinter rifles. Out of the ten one of them is armed with a blaster and another one is armed with a splinter cannon who opens fires on the Inquisitor which forces her to take cover and able to return fire.

Mikhael Doukas, Nexus Vaddon & Arminius Furien: You feel the ship rumble, as if it’s been hit by some kind of weapon. The Inquisitor then tells you that the ship is under attack by Dark Eldar over the Vox. Then over the comm bead she tells you to go to the hanger to repel enemy boarding parties. As you exit your quarters you see ten dark eldar figures, one armed with a splinter cannon, one armed with a blaster and the rest armed with splinter rifles. As they see you the quickly open fire upon you. There isn’t much cover in the halls, thus you may want to go back to your quarters and fight them there.

Last edited by Necrosis; 01-16-11 at 06:59 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode