Total War! - Page 36 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #351 of 512 (permalink) Old 02-05-11, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalawaki View Post
Awesome, sounds good. Just a couple questions.

So do I take orders from G0arr, or can i act independantly from him but still take orders from Mother?
How large is a "small force?" I completely understand that for balancing reasons you dont want two entire hivefleets on the same team. (though hive fleets have been known to devour each other to widdle out the weak, and the victor becomes one large hive fleet. >.>)

Other then that, just let me know when I can post.
Just gonna leave this quote sitting here... '>.>

Me--> <--You
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #352 of 512 (permalink) Old 02-05-11, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

I thought I answered that, but let me waste my time doing it again.

No, your in command of your own force, but you answer to Mother, you request renforcements from Mother. If Mother tells you to go here, or go there you have the decison to do it.

Thats what i meant.

HEY GUYS, I POSTED THE NEXT UPDATE!!!! Please finish your stories and post them in the action thread by Sunday night, Monday if your busy

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
post #353 of 512 (permalink) Old 02-06-11, 04:28 AM

Awesome, thanks for clarifying it for me.

I eagerly await the chance to post.

Me--> <--You

post #354 of 512 (permalink) Old 02-06-11, 07:20 AM

Farseer Darvaleth's Flag is: Great Britain

EH, I still have 50 Pariahs and 50 Immortals in my Cairn ship, yet my updates consistently tell me I have only 100 Scarabs up there. I shall assume that it's just an honest mistake, seeing as they were never deployed so can't have died.

Give a man a match, and he's warm for a day.

Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life!

Cato Marquand
post #355 of 512 (permalink) Old 02-06-11, 09:00 AM

Samu3's Flag is: Australia

Plan to bring a ruined ship down on us, eh?

I have no troop's left anyway, not much of a loose. Then again the Nova Cannon is staring down Tallision's Hope to start with and if Apostle's fleet is close enough to be bombarding that location below then they are close enough to my own fleet to be shot at. Meaning we can always erase (Literally) whatever is fallling from the skies, guess its just a shame about the ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven302 View Post
It's called a meltagun because "microwave over gun" is retarded

Things a Guardsman would say
" Why do the Orks have one of our Basilisks?"
" Quick get that spotlight over here if our lasguns can kill then that mean's it must be a template weapon!"
" Lighter, X ray, tanning machine dang weres the kill setting on this lasgun?"
post #356 of 512 (permalink) Old 02-06-11, 09:04 AM

Lord Ramo's Flag is: England

Like to point out I also have 400 guardians in space that me and EH have worked out were there as I haven't really lost that many troops. Well we worked it out a week ago, so I assume it hasn't changed.

post #357 of 512 (permalink) Old 02-06-11, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Samu3, don't give up man, you never know if you might win this fight.

Yes, I'll have your tyranids in next post

Farseer, I didn't realise that, thought you had deployed everything to the surface. I fix that

And Rambo, yes, I did make that mistake, though I thought I shifted your forces for you. I'll fix that

post #358 of 512 (permalink) Old 02-07-11, 07:15 AM

Samu3's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by emporershand89 View Post
2. Be fair, no mega weapons, no “Ganging Up” so to speak. Let’s do this like men
Hate to point it out, but I forgot this. I can agree that bringing the ship down on top us is at least creative, but if I could have had huge uber death missile's then I would have used them a long time ago.

Edit## Post will be up tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven302 View Post
It's called a meltagun because "microwave over gun" is retarded

Things a Guardsman would say
" Why do the Orks have one of our Basilisks?"
" Quick get that spotlight over here if our lasguns can kill then that mean's it must be a template weapon!"
" Lighter, X ray, tanning machine dang weres the kill setting on this lasgun?"

Last edited by Samu3; 02-07-11 at 10:31 AM.
post #359 of 512 (permalink) Old 02-07-11, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Yes, i'm working in progress to prevent that, your all starting to run amoke. You can have those things, but you can only use them when I give the ok, otherwise this shall all end way to quickly.

Ok, Necron players, I have made a decision here. you cannot leave in the middle of a hero fight. the only way to leave is either your really badly damaged and cannot continue, or you crush your opponent and carry on. you cannot run away and constantly teleport between your ships and whatnot(even your advanced technology cannot do that. look at the eldar)

Therefore, i ask Serpion5, and Farseer Darvelath to please alter your post so as your still on the planet. if you still want o bombard or move troops down, then fine. but you cannot all just teelport back and forth when you please. Otherwise this will get too out of hand.

post #360 of 512 (permalink) Old 02-07-11, 07:11 PM

Farseer Darvaleth's Flag is: Great Britain

I will accept that the ship-destruction was perhaps far-fectched. Original, but very powerful, and I fully expected its power to be heavily diluted before impact. If you don't want it at all, then fine... I'm sure heavy orbital bombardment of my forces will also cease if we follow this same trend. EDIT: No, this point is silly and spiteful. Orbital bombardment can of course continue, but I'm just trying to say: why are the Necrons being so heavily limited in what they can do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emporershand89 View Post
even your advanced technology cannot do that. look at the eldar)
Wh-what? Perhaps I misunderstood, but are you saying that the Eldar have superior technology to the Necrons? *calls Serp for expert opinion*

The Necrons were the galactic overlords when the Eldar was a mewling race. The entire fear of death that has been introduced into every single race's psych is because of the Nightbringer. There was no "grim reaper" before him, he was the reaper. There was no fear of death before him.

The Necron technology is so vastly superior that it isn't true. If we cannot have this one advantage (what with the Necron's infamous resilience seemingly discounted and the super-Immortals just regarded as "infantry", thrown into the collective noun that also includes Imperial Guard... when IG are as tough as Necrons, the Emperor will win) , then we have nothing. We are just numbers, to run forward, die in the most boring way possible, and move on.

I will remove the ship-kamikaze if I you wish, and without hesitation. But the fact that the Necrons cannot have their teleporting advantage, and must just slog it out, under heavy orbital fire, assaulting a base defended by Imperial Guard and Astartes, with alliances with Eldar being formed against them; it's just wrong. It screams Black Templars to me, not Necrons. And for Shadow to just sit there dumbly swiping at two Space Marines, incredibly powerful foes, let alone two officers, and do nothing is just... ugh. If that is what Shadow must do to "fit in" with this RP, then I will have him escape at the earliest inconvenience to avoid becoming another autonomous and ultimately boring Necron leader.

And to be honest, I don't see the difference between Shadow and his forces teleporting to the planet to attack, and teleporting off in withdrawal. They're not just a bunch of numbers; they're not just "600 infantry, 100 scarabs, and 16 vehicles". If that is how roleplay is supposed to be, perhaps I have found the wrong hobby. Maybe I should stick to chess.

/rant.

Give a man a match, and he's warm for a day.

Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life!

Cato Marquand

Last edited by Farseer Darvaleth; 02-07-11 at 07:17 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode