Total War! - Page 31 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #301 of 512 (permalink) Old 01-24-11, 03:37 PM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

warsmith7752's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0arr View Post
warsmith7752:

It’s not a spotting problem, it’s a communication problem. It’s completely solvable by ‘bouncing’ a landing ship through the atmosphere to relay communication. The primary problem is time, taking between 10-15 minuets for the ship to make a round trip.
Still only need one of those trips before barrage is possible, after that movement can be calculated. Another technique that can be used is this, I keep thunderhawks just below the ash clouds and then they jump through into space to relay comms, this only adds about 40-50 seconds to comm time if the vox operators work properly.

current win rates;
csm 3/1/1
daemons 1/0/0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 512 (permalink) Old 01-24-11, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Warsmith, you realise that next turn your moon base will be complete. Once you kill anfo's troops up there, you could shift them planet side. They will not be able to take the moon base, unless the luck calculator gives them some extremely lucky kills.

which brings me to an interesting point. I don't know this happened, I'm still checking the numbers, but it seems that for the Vorax Vanquisher's vs. the Xianren Dark Eldar, Xianren's ships managaed to score a S9 hit and disable the void shields on the damn thing.

Basically put, Bane, you better get ready to be boarded, or at least a tough fight.

BlackApostle, I'd be very careful if i were you. 2 vs 1 is good odds, especially with the morale roll you get for having the chaplian in the fight, but you fail to realise something. Shadow can phase in and out of reality. Only Varians weapon is equipt to hit shadow while in phase, meaning your chaplains got a really good chance of................passing on.Good luck though

Finally, Farseer Darvelath and Serpion5, you guys have been boasting alot lately; which is fine by me. However, i hope you realise that Lord Rambo's(or is it Ulthris's) Avatar of Khaine is about to come up behind your forces. In short terms, you die!!!!!!

Your greatest threat is the Eldar, their weapons being more intune to kill your guys unlike the human players. Plus, even with the Outsider helping you, the Avatar has some ungodly F786574 strength (S8).

The following is a possible outcome..........

"Sorrow stabs at Avatar, burns his scythe off

Avatar turns, annoyed, and crushes Sorrow like a toy"

On another note, Warsmith and Anfo's duel is going to pretty much determine who gets control of Galbatorious. I'm interested to see if a +2 armor save can beat Warsmith's S3 Sword of Blood...............mmmhmhmhmhmhmhmhm, heehehehhe, very interested.

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
post #303 of 512 (permalink) Old 01-24-11, 04:39 PM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

warsmith7752's Flag is: United Kingdom

Don't forget the armour save denying chainfist strapped to my other hand, I still have 400 traitor gaurd sitting up there ready to shoot the crap out of anything that come within sight of them.

current win rates;
csm 3/1/1
daemons 1/0/0

post #304 of 512 (permalink) Old 01-24-11, 06:11 PM

Lord Ramo's Flag is: England

Yay for my Avatar! Seems like the eldar will once again become the big players in the galaxy, well in this at least.

post #305 of 512 (permalink) Old 01-24-11, 07:13 PM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Well, if worse comes to worse, I suppose I could always take up the role of the White Scars Reinforcments who should hopefully arrive, and I'm praying for a rescue from them .
post #306 of 512 (permalink) Old 01-24-11, 07:27 PM
The Hammer of Olympia

BlackApostleVilhelm's Flag is: USA

hmmm well if my army does loose and im out then i want to come back as a chaos force to replace whoever looses in that battle

EDIT: thought i would add this in seeing as how EH glossed over it, my fleet is running alongside yours Bane and keep in mind i have the majority of my men waiting to board enemy ships or to defend those that get boarded. just a heads up

Here is the beginning of my fluff for my Iron Warriors Eighth Grand Company https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=51842

"A fortress is a living thing: the commander its brain, the walls its bones, the sensors its eyes and ears, the troops its blood, their weapons its fists. This tells us two things: If one organ fails, the whole dies. And if the whole dies, no single organ can survive alone."

Last edited by BlackApostleVilhelm; 01-24-11 at 07:56 PM.
post #307 of 512 (permalink) Old 01-24-11, 08:06 PM

Farseer Darvaleth's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Shadow needs a little help by the sounds of it. Maybe not...

eh89, you remember what Shadow can do, right?
Hmmm..... Phase Shifter! Aww, shame, enjoy swiping at my ghostly spectral form. How annoying....

Oh, and of course, his Disruption Fields make for nasty armour-penetrating Ghost's Talons. What else.... personal short-range teleportation, and, of course, a Chronometron.

Slow time.... stab.... phase shift..... slow time.....stab.....win.

Give a man a match, and he's warm for a day.

Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life!

Cato Marquand
post #308 of 512 (permalink) Old 01-24-11, 10:05 PM
The Hammer of Olympia

BlackApostleVilhelm's Flag is: USA

keep boasting bud, while my chaplain might not be able to hurt you when you phase shift my captain sure as hell can and if you want to win this duel you'll need to kill the chaplain quickly. this of course will leave you open to attack from behind if you do attack him, giving Varian enough time to jump you and rip some circuits out....

oh no no more phase shifter? now my chaplain can add his strength to pummeling your "wraithlord" into the ground

Here is the beginning of my fluff for my Iron Warriors Eighth Grand Company https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=51842

"A fortress is a living thing: the commander its brain, the walls its bones, the sensors its eyes and ears, the troops its blood, their weapons its fists. This tells us two things: If one organ fails, the whole dies. And if the whole dies, no single organ can survive alone."

Last edited by BlackApostleVilhelm; 01-24-11 at 10:15 PM.
post #309 of 512 (permalink) Old 01-24-11, 11:02 PM

Samu3's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackApostleVilhelm View Post
oh no no more phase shifter? now my chaplain can add his strength to pummeling your "wraithlord" into the ground
Not to meantion that he will have several, large very angry men with the build of a tank crashing into his side accompanied by a smaller but much louder man waving a sword around willy-nilly.

I shall enjoy this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven302 View Post
It's called a meltagun because "microwave over gun" is retarded

Things a Guardsman would say
" Why do the Orks have one of our Basilisks?"
" Quick get that spotlight over here if our lasguns can kill then that mean's it must be a template weapon!"
" Lighter, X ray, tanning machine dang weres the kill setting on this lasgun?"
post #310 of 512 (permalink) Old 01-25-11, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Ok, farseer, you have all those cool toys, but Samu3 is right, your surrounded, and if he manages to disable your phase shifter, your messed up. Also, Varians a Army Commander, meaning your not just going to come up behind him and just stab him through his armor. Come on, did you really think it was that easy

Samu3, I'd worry bout yourself. Serpion5 is extremely strong, seeing as he's a Necron Lord where-as Shadow is just a Wraith. your in for a fight buddy.

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode