Our Path Home (action) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-03-10, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Feed

Default Our Path Home (action)

Eyes flickered open suddenly and their owner was brought back into a world of pain. His left arm was numb and a wave of dizziness almost knocked him back out as he sat up.

Kellaryn Dreamweaver almost cried out at the horrifying sight that surrounded him. As his gaze surveyed the corpse strewn charred landscape, the memories came flooding back.

The greenskin had not fallen for the trap as had been planned. Someone had messed up, someone had mistakenly revealed the presence of Eldar on this world before they had been ready to strike. The orks had attacked en masse, catching the Biel Tan forces by surprise before the Swordwind was ready to move in.

Unable to muster the forces in time to retaliate, even the mighty Phantom Titan they had brought to bear had been destroyed. Kellaryn and his squad of Storm Guardians had been too close to the explosion. It was a miracle he had survived.

His squad?! Kellaryn stood jerkily, looking about frantically for other survivors. By the look of it the battle had been over for a long time now. The sun had been high when the titan went up, and now it was beginning to sink into the horizon. Hours had passed.

"Estheran!" Kellaryn called out. 'Taldor?!" He looked around desperately, but nobody answered. Wandering to the titan`s wreckage, he sank to his knees and began to meditate. He must allow all of his emotions to run their course as quickly as possible, lest they distract him from the critical task that now lay ahead...

Surviving the journey home...

--- --- ---

Guardians: You will all wake up, recover your weapons and make your way to where Kellaryn is waiting. How do you feel about the tragic defeat of the Swordwind? How do you feel your odds of survival are? Report your presence to your Warlock leader.

Anikteos: As a Ranger, you have been active in the area for the duration of the day. Most of the other Eldar are dead, so you have spent most of your time gathering waystones until you notice the group of other survivors. Furthermore you are aware that the nearest webway entrance has been destroyed, and must break this grim news to the others.

Nonsense is our Salvation

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-03-10, 11:27 AM

Snowy's Flag is: Australia

Taldor wafted out of his dream of death and hate.
He had dreamt that he and his squadmates had been on the forefront of an attack that had ripped the heart out of the swordwind and that their graceful Phantom Titan was brought down by the Greenskin menace...

...Wait, that isn't a dream, it all happened.
He tried to stand but felt light headed and as soon as he raised his head he briefly fainted, he then looked around and saw his blade and pistol.
After a time he raised himself to his feet and gathered his weapons and sheathed and holstered them respectively.
He then finally surveyed the horrific sight around him.
Dead Eldar lay everywhere, there were some missing their stones he noticed, but he brushed it off as some Orks taking them as loot. He then tried to talk, to yell, but all he did was make himself faint again.
Then when he finally got up enough strength again he raised himself to his feet and yelled out.
'Are there any of the Eldar left.'
He heard no immediate reply but then he heard a distant calling.
"Estheran!"
'Taldor?!"
Taldor looked up and walked steadily towards the voice, then he finally saw the owner of the voice.
Warlock Dreamweaver.
'Warlock, it is I Taldor,' he said as he rested a hand on the Warlocks shoulder.
'It is a terrible tragedy isn't it, we shall never recover from these losses,' Taldor said to the Warlock.

I'm a major fan of Winston Churchill and Walter Tompson (his bodyguard.) So that is why my avatar is of Winson and Walter. No I'm not wierd, I'm not stupid, I'm just Snowy.

Last edited by Snowy; 07-12-10 at 10:13 AM.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-03-10, 03:14 PM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Estheran felt a twang of pain shoot up his left arm, making him realize he was awake and not asleep. He tried to sit up, and immediately fell back down as his left arm gave out from under him. He heard a voice in the distance calling out. "Estheran!"“Taldor?!" Estheran realized it was the voice of Warlock Dreamweaver calling out, and Estheran knew he had to get to her as soon as possible.

He tried to sit up again, and was rewarded with less pain than the previous attempt had warranted. He slowly moved into a kneeling position, and found his weapons lying around him. He picked up his weapons and walked around for a little bit, taking great care to move each and every muscle slowly and independently. He realized his left arm must have been serious bruised, and that a rib or two were fractured. He couldn’t recall anything except a large ball of fire suddenly lifting him off his feet; then darkness.

Leaving the memory to later meditation, he saw the Warlock, being supported by Taldor, not more a few yards up. Walking up the duo, he reported, “Warlock, Estheran here, we got beat bad by them didn’t we?”

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-12-10, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Feed

Kellaryn greeted the arrival of Estheran and Taldor with joy. He had hated to think that he had been the only survivors.

"This is a terrible tragedy. We can never recover from these losses." Taldor said as he approached. He left a hand on Kellaryn`s shoulder.

"Warlock, Estheran here." The second guardian said, as Taldor lifted Kellaryn to his feet. "We got beat bad by them, didn`t we?"

Kellaryn suppressed a caustic reply and simply nodded. He raised his weapon to his hands and leaned on it for support.

"Yes..." He said to them. "We were defeated, a humiliating loss from which we may never recover, but we must persevere."

With little else to say, The three of them began to travel to where the nearest waygate should have been. The pace was slow, their injured limbs requiring them to rest often.

By nightfall, the battlefield was far behind them, but the waygate still lay many tens of kilometres away. Kellaryn spotted a nearby cluster of trees, as good a shelter as any in this vast savannah.

"We will rest there tonight, and resume our journey in the morning." Kellaryn decided.

"Do not lose hope..." He added, before they settled in.

--- --- ---

Estheran + Taldor: You are trapped on a doomed world and nobody else knows that you survived. Describe your dreams. Do you still cling to hope? Or are you resigned to your fate to die here?

Anikteos: As above. Intro yourself and inform the group of the near gate`s destruction.

Eltheran: You woke up later than the others, and followed their trail. Catch up and inform Kellaryn of your survival.

post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-12-10, 10:22 AM

Taldor sat down and looked at the trees, they were ugly attempts to copy the Eldars own graceful wraithbone constructs, he rested his head on one of them and thoguht of the days events. The Swordwind had been defeated on a massive scale and he had done nothing to stop it, he felt ashamed of himself and knew that he would keep fighting on, to salvage some of his honour, if any remained.
Then slowy but surely he drifted off to sleep.

He had been walking on a sandy plain, not much different from this one, apart from the fact he was dressed in the wargear of a Farseer and a group of Warlocks surrounded him, Kellaryn was one of them.
Then suddenly, out of the ground in front of them a Serpentine creature blasted out of the ground and went to attack the nearest Warlock but instead was met by a blast of Psychic power and the creature fell backwards, dark ichor leaking from its body.
Then he was blown into the sky by something he couldn't describe, almost like a bigger version of the creature he had killed and then he found himself no longer falling but drifting on the wings of a Swooping Hawk and he brought himself to land next to the creature and he threw a grenade dead into the creatures mouth, after what seemed an age the creature finally died and Taldor was a Farseer again, surrounded by a group of Warlocks, walking down a sandy plain not much different from this one.

I'm a major fan of Winston Churchill and Walter Tompson (his bodyguard.) So that is why my avatar is of Winson and Walter. No I'm not wierd, I'm not stupid, I'm just Snowy.

post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-12-10, 04:49 PM

Estheran slept soundly, dreams not coming to him in a real sleep that he rarely experienced. He woke earlier than the other, so he meditated upon the gravity of the situation while waiting for the others. His mind drifted to getting off the planet, and their survival on this wretched planet. It is not that I fear death, but I fear not dying a good death in battle. To die by starvation, or torture, or another way besides battle or a natural death would dishonor me; both personally and family wise.

All of Estheran could think about during that day was to find an enemy on this planet that might grant him his wish should they not be able to reach the warp gate in time.

post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-18-10, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Feed

As the sun rose in the horizon behind them, the group stood and surveyed the barren land surrounding them. What was once a paradise was now a wasteland. Kellaryn could not shake the feeling of failure and guilt. They had failed this maiden world, and the price had been high.

"Fan out." Kellaryn commanded. But do not travel too far."

A short time passed as they searched the immediate area for anything of value. There was nothing.

A low rumbling suddenly sounded on the edge of the Warlock`s hearing. Focusing on the distant sound, he tried to determine its source.

Suddenly he knew. It was an ork vehicle. They most likely returned to steal more loot. Kellaryn thought. They will not defile our dead any further!

"Warriors!" Kellaryn called. "To me! We will make these savages pay!"

Taldor and Estheran rallied to his side as the ork vehicle suddenly appeared around the wreckage of an ork skulhamma. Gutteral cries of excitement could be heard as the passengers spied the trio of survivors.

With rage in their hearts, the eldar charged.

With jeers on their lips, the orks did likewise.

--- --- ---

Taldor + Estheran: Each of you are facing three ork boyz in combat. Remember, you are warriors of Khaine.

Anikteos + Eltheran: Last chance to join in and help before I take control.

ooc: Heartslayer, I will keep your guy alive until you tell me otherwise. But I cannot say the same for the ranger.

post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-19-10, 01:02 AM

Estheran saw the ork boy charge him from there supposed hideout; brandishing their wicked serrated knifes and axes. Estheran drew Anduril Eth’Narsil, and started to a jog towards the enemy. As he closed, he felt the bolter rounds pass around him, one striking his helmet and blowing out the circuits. He tore it off, and sped up into a full run, jumping at the last second.

He landed behind the orks, striking the last one as it passed him, slicing its spine in half. The second one turned and put two shots past him before Estheran darted forward and easily carved off both arms. It fell spasming, screaming a curse in a guttural language as it bleed out from both arm sockets.

The last ork, however, was no fool, and slowly turned in a guard pose, both its axes wielded in a blocking cross in front of its body. “Ok greenskin, let’s dance,” Estheran said, and swung his sword in a figure-eight movement in front of him, attempting to drive his oppentnet into a more favorable position. The ork didn’t flinch, and instead roared and brought one axe down and the other down and up. “Damn you,” Estheran cursed, and moved up into a guard as he stepped back, avoiding the downward blow. Then he cut the other axe in half as it came up at his groin, taking the orks hand with it. He twirled and spun his sword, brining it down on the other axe as the ork went to another blow. He finished his a spin above his head and a downward cut, taking the beast’s head from its shoulders. The body fell with a hard thud, and Estheran beheaded the other two orks quickly before their regenerative powers could bring them back from the dead.

“Estheran here,” he transmitted,” three orks down, what do you want me to do DreamWeaver?”

post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-19-10, 06:17 AM

Taldor brandished his sword with a grace unbeknownst to the Ork Creatures, he fired his pistol until the clip was dry, but never the less he pushed on, the damage his volley had done was to kill one of the Orks and to wound the other two, he jumped over the first ones blow as it aimed for his ankles and he swept his sword in a graceful arc and slit the neck of the creature, it roared in agony and stepped back, Taldor pushed his advantage and with a thunderous blow to the head from his pistol, he dazed the Ork and swung his sword up and decaptitated the monster.
The last Ork ran at him and Taldor jumped back at the last second and threw his sword outwards, slicing the Orks arm off, he then pushed his shoulder into the ork and pushed it over, he then leant in and slit the Orks throat, not giving it any mercy, he then re-loaded and when the Ork got up to face him, Taldor spun with a deadly grace and shot the creature twice through the eyes

post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-11-10, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
Feed

Anger and Hate overcame him.

Kellaryn drew the attention of two of the ork creatures, calling a song of challenge in his melodious voice. The greenskins roared in reply, raising their crude weapons and charging.

So predictable. The warlock sighed, almost disappointed that they had made it so easy. His halberd thrust forward, all but terminating the forward momentum of the first creature before ducking low. He swung into an uppercut, pistol in hand and shredded the second ork`s head from the chin up as he weaved through the combat.

The first ork grappled with the weapon impaled through his chest. With a sadistic grin, Kellaryn took hold of the haft and channeled psionic energy into it, annihilating the ork`s feeble soul and bisecting his body.

Spying the last ork still in the cockpit of the enormous transport, Kellaryn left the ground with a mighty leap. Landing almost on top of the driver, he planted his halberd like a flag of triumph in the alien`s chest, killing it instantly.

The raw aggression subsided with the creature`s demise and Kellaryn returned to calm steady breathing. With a look around, he noted the controls of the transport before him.

"What do you think?" He asked of his companions. "Do you think we could use this?"

It was a distasteful idea, but Kellaryn knew there were few alternatives...

--- --- ---

All: Voice your thoughts on using the ork vehicle for transport. Do you think it worth while? Do you think it too risky to rely on such a crude machine? Or would you rather amputate your left leg than degrade yourself aboard an ork made device...

ooc: Sorry for the delay. I was toying with the idea of letting this thread go, but EH89 was having fun...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode