Misery`s Company - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-25-10, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Feed

Default Misery`s Company

(Dreams came and went, some remembered, others forgotten. At the end of a long sleep, the time had come at last.

Ancient power systems activated, and glowing energy flowed from all across the vast tomb complex into a small cluster of chambers at its core. One by one, these sarcophagi begin to glow, as their occupants stir to life once more.

At their centre, the leader awoke. Hurling the lid from his coffin, he staggered forward, struggling to remember how his limbs worked. As he took in his blank surroundings, his memories gradually returned. His name... was Misery.)

MISERY: "Deceiver... RAAARRGHHH! I will take from you... all!"

(Eloquent though his speech was, he knew that his quest would not be easy. To cast down one of the star gods would be impossible, but to usurp control of his servants... that could be done. He walked with increasing grace in long strides, into the darkened antechamber linking the six main tombs. One by one, his fellows emerged. He met their gaze individually, but time was cruel and each of them had been severed from the command lattice, forcing them to rely on crude spoken language, at least until they could find an alternative or upgrade.)

MISERY: "I am Misery. Though memories of others are at my control, my own is not. Name yourselves, that I might know who fights beside me..."

awaiting introductions...

Nonsense is our Salvation

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-25-10, 10:42 AM

bloodthrister's Flag is: Netherlands

Divider woke up. His stability with the destroyer body dangerously uncontrollable at the beginning. The systems had been down for too long... His power to deform/remove light still worked though, as he tested those with the lighting of his Gauss weaponry.

While checking himself he found out multiple parts still weren't functioning. In order to communicate now he actually had to speak.

As if by luck by the time his stability had returned to the practically normal levels he hovered along a corridor. It went towards another grave.

There was another Necron, judging by his appearance.

"I am Misery. Though memories of others are at my control, my own is not. Name yourselves, that I might know who fights beside me..."
The Lord said.
"My name is Divider. I control light and darkness..." Was the answer Divider gave, while looking at the rest of the group.

post #3 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-25-10, 11:14 AM

Lither's Flag is: Australia

(Rushing hisses, whispers of pain, muffled screams, all fill the room as a sarcophagus, glowing red with the residue blood of the living, opening, unveiling a Necron Warrion, bloody eyes beginning to glow once again with ancient and terrible wrath.

Memories flood back, his betrayal, the joy of killing, the power seeping through the floors. His name, well deserved, flooded back into him.)

AGONY: "I... AM... AGONY!"

(His purpose, to cast down the lesser races, had not yet been fufilled before he was forced away. The Deciever would pay in blood. It would not be easy, and allies would be necessary for survival.

Slowly, jerkily, on machinery whose purpose was only slowly becoming clear, he strode out, the third to emerge into the antechamber.)

MISERY: "I am Misery. Though memories of others are at my control, my own is not. Name yourselves, that I might know who fights beside me..."

DIVIDER: "My name is Divider. I control light and darkness..."

AGONY: "Agony I am. Agony I give. Agony the like of which no other can. I shall cast the lesser races down"

(Sensing bloodshed in an alliance with Misery, his eyes glows even brighter, hefting his Gauss Blaster.)

A Khornate and a Slaaneshi daemon? Those two will spend their time killing each other.

post #4 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-25-10, 11:26 AM
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

warsmith7752's Flag is: United Kingdom

Looking around the antechamber. Pain allowed himself to test his powers he shaped a metal pipe into a long blade. He hoisted up his gause cannon checking to see it if still worked. Memorys of life past flooded back to pain.

Pain muttered a prayer to the void dragon his words barely audible. His thick metalic legs reshaped themselves giving them a long and elegant look. The spare metal flowed up pains body to his shoulders where it re-shaped to fit. Pain slid through the metalic floor disapearing.

Pain apeared next to another necron and the necron said

DIVIDER: "My name is Divider. I control light and darkness..."

AGONY: "Agony I am. Agony I give. Agony the like of which no other can. I shall cast the lesser races down"

PAIN: "I am the pain of the galaxy. I am the prophet of the dragon. Metal is my will and it is at my mercy.

pain stood beside misery hoping to gain his trust.

current win rates;
csm 3/1/1
daemons 1/0/0
post #5 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-25-10, 06:27 PM

Farseer Darvaleth's Flag is: Great Britain

Shadow rose silently from his tomb, feeling the power systems re-initialisng. He tested his Chonometron; it worked perfectly. In less than a second, he had darted out of his sarcophagous and was in the shadows of the chamber. He also realised his communications system was down; Shadow loathed to have to voice his thoughts.

Shadow: I am Shadow. I am the stalker in the Night, the Terror of Hive Starshopus.

Shadow remebered Starshopus; it was a good memory. Filled with the death of the living.

Shadow: Divider, I believe your ability to create darkness will help us in our goal. I thrive in the dark; perhaps we can augment your powers enough to make the whole world become dark for short periods; short, bloody, slaughter-filled periods... Where are we anyway? My memory core has malfunctioned; I remember only fractions of my past.

Give a man a match, and he's warm for a day.

Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life!

Cato Marquand
post #6 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-26-10, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
Feed

(Misery saw great potential in these allies. He smiled inwardly as he thought of the potential that Divider and Shadow presented.

The warrior Agony seemed a little overeager, but that would not present a difficulty, Misery reasoned. So long as he was pointed in the right direction...

Pain too seemed like an excellent addition to the crew. To control metal would be a great boon, but Misery was weary of the potential advantages it gave him over them. Banishing these thoughts so as not to betray any weakness, he turned to the last member of the group who had yet to speak... The Flayed One.)

Awaiting intro from Taint.

post #7 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-28-10, 09:42 AM

WarpSpawned's Flag is: Australia

Green eyes flickered before flaring to life, as awareness came to it the Flayed One noted that it was among other Necrons, tilting its head Taint evaluated the others silently, taking heed of what they said and how they acted. And committing their abilities to memory.

It moved slightly, joints grinding briefly before it go used to moving again, as it shifted its weight. Its claws moved, flexing restlessly as the Flayed One tested its body to ensure that it was working at an optimal level.
Although Taint preferred to remain silent it sensed that words would be needed for now; after a moments consideration the Flayed One spoke, a low sibilant hiss that promised fear and terror to come.

“Taint is who this one is”

There was no need to say more, it's very appearance and voice belying what it would bring to the foe, fear, terror and death.
The flayed skins of the enemy that adorned its frame had long since dried, hardened and stiffening into a tough hide, giving Taint a dry, long-dead appearance in the flesh sheathed areas of its body.

It would replenish the skins when the chance arose.
Taint turned its head to regard the others, a Warrior, a Wraith, a Destroyer, an Immortal and a Lord, an interesting group to say the least, and it seemed that Taint was a part of it.
The flensing claws never ceased movement; they were always cutting something, even if it was only air.

Taint awaited further input, content to merely listen and learn.

I do commissions (Mostly non-human) on DeviantArt, PM me if you want a drawing of a character or whatnot. Descriptions are needed as I am not a mind reader

Taking quotes out of context is always fun:
post #8 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-30-10, 04:53 AM Thread Starter
Feed

(Misery regarded this one with amusement. Taint seemed every bit the archetype of his class, a malevolent, silent killer to the core. His talent would no doubt be invaluable throughout the quest, properly controlled of course. Misery turned to face the group again, taking them all in at a glance. It was time to move.

MISERY: "The Forgotten has given me quite the crew of allies. Know, all of you, that my enemies are now yours. Whoever you were, whoever you served, is irrelevant. Our purpose is the downfall of the Great Deceiver and we will continue to work toward that goal until it is achieved."

Misery brooked no further argument as he led the group down the main corridor onto a large circular pedestal. With a tap of his staff, the ancient mechanisms reactivated, teleporting the group to the surface of this world. The sight horrified him.

MISERY: "...Life..."

There was plant life. They now stood in a large valley. He could tell in an instant that there would be a civilisation here, but where exactly he couldn`t tell. The tomb had been equipped to house the six of them for a time, nothing more.
Looking north, then south, there was nothing in either direction.

MISERY: "Shadow, scout north and stay undetected. Divider, scout south. We must determine who is here and who may be of use to us."

OOC: FD + BT have creative control of our first enemies.

post #9 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-30-10, 03:58 PM

Farseer Darvaleth's Flag is: Great Britain

Shadow was irked that he had no choice in the matter, but he obeyd nevertheless. Something deep in his memory coil influenced him to obey Misery...

Upon teleportation to the surface, Shadow instantly screeched a metallic cry of disgust. Life. Shadow immediately atomised the nearest flower-bush with his Ghosts Talons, using the gauss energies that ran along it.

Shadow: I will do as you command, Misery...

Shadow glided northwards, using his Veil of Darkness to quickly jump from viewpoint to viewpoint. Upon reaching a large hill, he scanned the distance. A cluster of buildings. A redoubt. Humans. This was an Imperial world.

Looking west and east, Shadow was surprised by what he saw. Very different structures dotted the landscape; perhaps this was a warzone, thought Shadow. It would be convienient if some of the living would kill each other.

Shadow glided smoothly forwards, skimming the grass below him; how he despised it. He would see it all blasted when he could power some of the planet's ordanance, or if they could power up some more tombs.

Approaching the nearest cluster of human buildings, it seemed to be an outpost of some sort. A command tent, and a mess hall; towers, with guards. Several barracks, but, most importantly, a large communications array. It could be used to broadcast the return of the Necrons, striking fear into the populace. Or, with considerable technical work, it could be used to broadcast an activation wavelength; awakening more tombs and perhaps even some of the mighty monoliths.

Shadow flew forwards, hiding behind a small rockslide. He would wait for darkness. Then he would move in.

Give a man a match, and he's warm for a day.

Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life!

Cato Marquand

Last edited by Farseer Darvaleth; 04-30-10 at 04:02 PM.
post #10 of 77 (permalink) Old 05-01-10, 09:30 PM

bloodthrister's Flag is: Netherlands

Divider listened to Misery. "What about the west and east? Don't you think there'll be buildings there?"
After that Divider didn't even wait for an answer. He hovered towards the south. He saw a village. He estimated there'd live about 25 people there. None of them'd be a major thread. He had to wait until it was dark. Then he could haunt the place like nobody else. Thus he waited...

When night fell Divider quickly moved towards the village, dimming the red light of his eyes to a faint glow. When he got in the village he used his power: all the lights turned off at the same time. All of them, except his bright red glowing eyes. He blasted through one of the walls of a building. The red flash was very clear and he heard a panicking scream. More shots were fired at buildings. Two men came running out. And they were shot before they could even see what danger they were facing.

The entire village was destroyed and Divider turned back. He took long enough, and there couldn't be anything worthy behind this village.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode