My Duty Is My Fate - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-26-10, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

toffster's Flag is: United Kingdom

You hear the roil of thunder up ahead, the shouts of men and the whines of assualt cannons. You hear desperate screams. A Physic buzz fills the air. Tarkantor falls to the ground, on his knees. Timan walks over and helps him to walk. Tarkantor moans and dribbles at the mouth.
"Shall we put him out of his misery Timan?" A PDF trooper asked.
"No" Timan said sternly. "We leave no one behind, remember?"
"Sorry Timan" The trooper gazes at the ground.
A large ray of light penetrates the gloom and the noise increases. You hear some bellows and Tarkantor collapses to the ground completely. Timan lifts him and drags the moaning Pysker. You look up at the terminator size hole in the roof and you climb up.
In front of you, there is three terminators, sorrounded by walking corpses. Their assualt cannons cut swathes, yet more corpses rise up from rune circles on the ground. One terminator, a Chaplain turns and faces you. Even though you can see his face, his expression is unreadable.
"Brothers, for the Emperor!" He shouts and charges into the ground of creatures. A strength surges through your veins as he chants the words of a true Black Templar. You feel invigorated, like fire runs through your veins. "No Matter The Odds Brothers! Abhor the witch, destroy the witch!"
Thats the moment you finnally see a brooding presence, leading the corpses. He is encompassed in complete space marine armor, with horns and mutations. He screams manically at you, yet the Chaplians words protect you from the worst.

"To the darkness I bring fire, to the ignorant I bring faith. Those who welcome these gifts may live, but I shall vist naught but death and eternal damnation on those who refuse them"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-26-10, 06:16 PM

zxyogi's Flag is: England

Sarin stumbles over a dead rotting corpse and swears.....he puts his hand in his pocket and produces his hip flask and takes a quick swig "Uughh its warm!!' then he spits it out onto the foul filth laden tunnel floor.
He spots Timan quickly rush to tarkantors aid,Sarin follows,Timan helps Tarkantor to his feet."Shall we put him out of his misery Timan?" says Sarin, Timan glanced at Sarin and sternly shuts Sarin up!"sorry Timan" and Sarin looked down at the floor.......
"Bloody Psykers......i spit em!" sarin said taking another swig of the warm amasac then promptly spitting it out again.
Sarin follows Timan up through a large hole in the ceiling,Timan falters,Sarin steps to one side spotting 3 black armour clad Terminators blasting fist size holes in the walking corpses,quickly Sarin ducks behind some rubble...checks his carbine,attaches his bayonet.....takes a large swig of warm amasac "Ughh!",then another "Imperator!!!"......gulps...burps..."Emperor guide me!!".....climbs over the rubble and charges into the corpse horde....."YOU!!!...YOU made my amasac bad!!!"...then sticks his bayonet into the neck of the nearest corpse then pulls the trigger taking its foul head off...."and you...YOU made me leave it behind!!!" as he rifle butts the next in line.
Sarin slashes out in all directions cursing the names of the Chaos gods and praising the Emperor....then.....His mind is gripped by something evil,something so corrupted that Sarin starts to vomit..."there you go again..uhh..ma...king me w..w...ww...waste my ama..am..a...sac...." the pain in his head was so intense that he couldnt feel the corpse filth crawling all over him tearing at his flesh....then came a wicked evil voice grating through his mind...."Give up you dogs of the corpse emperor,give yourself to the chaos gods and be reborn eternal!!"
The pain increased,Sarin screamed inside and out....then he felt as if he was floating,the pain seemed to cease,Sarin looked up and into the face of a mighty Warrior,"come little man,fight for the Emperor....fight for your life!!" with that, the warrior clad in black and with a death skull mask put Sarin on the ground and continued to fight on.

Last edited by zxyogi; 01-26-10 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Numpty enuff of a reason?
post #23 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-26-10, 08:59 PM

Farseer Darvaleth's Flag is: Great Britain

"my hood" Tarkantor moaned, amongst his dribbling, "it powered off on the way back......turn it on" he mumbled, coughing blood. Timan quickly switched the power on behind Tarkantors head, and he quickly stood up.
"Thank you." tarkantor said, power in his voice. "Black Templars...damn better not use any psycich power, they might execute me on the spot. I'll just use my powers to make us stronger without them notcing, and charge in with my force weapon." tarkantor whispered an incantation, and all the PDF troopers felt strength coursing through them.
"For the Emperor!" tarkantor charged into the corpses, his blade set alight by his arcane powers, cutting down the corpses in scores, felled by his warp-fuelled strength.
As he butchered the corpses, Tarkantor thought back to his vision.
"A Space marine Librarian leads me to the device that this sword must go in," he thought to himself, "But there are no black Templar Librarians."
The fighting progressed steadily, but the corpses kept coming. SOmebody had to kill the leader, and fast.

Give a man a match, and he's warm for a day.

Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life!

Cato Marquand

post #24 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-26-10, 09:52 PM

zxyogi's Flag is: England

On and on....the corpses were relentless pushing past each other to get to the troopers and the Templars,wanting blood wanting to kill for their chaos gods wanting to please.
Sarin stood close but not too close to the Chaplain that saved him, fighting the fight of his life,he felt a new force of strength and pride buzzing through him,where it came from he did not know or care.Sarin could see Timan and Tarkantor coming in his direction, killing in a frenzy, a frenzy that almost met the templars onslaught.
Tarkantor was cutting down the corpses with his flaming force weapon....the massive black armoured Astrates killing machine,the Chaplain glanced over his shoulder at Tarkantor....."Witch!!" shouted the Chaplain and spun round swinging his crozius at Tarkantors head....Sarin screamed "noooooo.....",the Chaplain heard Sarin over the roar of the chaotic noise and diverted the swing but it glanced off of Tarkantor sending him reeling to the ground.The Chaplain looked at Sarin "the witch is with you?".....Sarin wanted to say no,even tho he hated pyskers he said "Yes....YES he is....he is...." with that the Chaplain spun round and continued to attack the corpses,rallying his men on for the Emperor.
Timan knelt alongside tarkantor,Sarin covered them,other PDF troopers rallied around Timan and Tarkantor and gave covering fire as well.
Sarins attention was caught by the Chaplain,he was pointing,pointing?..then it clicked,the Chaplain wanted the troopers to attack from a different angle,Sarin wanted his flask,no,he NEEDED his flask he wanted the hot amasac that should be cold but hot would do!....now he could fully understand what the Chaplain wanted,distract the corpses,the Chaplain wanted to take the fight to the Chaos traitor marines,but he needed the PDF to make it happen.

Last edited by zxyogi; 01-26-10 at 09:58 PM. Reason: spooling and gwammer mishtakes
post #25 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-27-10, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Sarin explained his plan to Timan in hushed tones. Timan stood and began directing their attack. All the PDF troopers fired upon the sorcerors protective sheild in one attack. The Pysker turned, so did the corpses. And they began to head straight towards them.

You can see the desperation in the corpses eyes, pleading for forgiveness and mercy. The corpses flung themselves into the weapons fire like they wanted to die. Jonas, the Chaplain, turns. He looks into the eyes of the corpses and see's people there. You feel a tingling sensation go down your spine as the chaplain bellows.
"Imperator, Guide us! For we are your sons, and so are these, unclean, tainted, yet still your sons. Help them see again Father!"
The corpses eyes flash, they begin to collapse to the ground. Eyes and noses bleeding. Fighting the Pysker's will power. None could win, they died in swathes, screaming in glee as they finally seperated from their bodies. A cheer went up from the PDF troopers as you see the rune circles go out. Yet, the sorceror still stands. Lightening arcs around him, he is the most powerfull Pysker you have ever seen. Far stronger than any other.

Yet Jonas is not intimidated in the slightest.
"Abhor the Witch! destroy the Witch!" the three terminators bellow in anger.

"To the darkness I bring fire, to the ignorant I bring faith. Those who welcome these gifts may live, but I shall vist naught but death and eternal damnation on those who refuse them"
post #26 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-27-10, 06:59 PM

tarkantor propped himself up, feeling the wound on his head. it has smashed his hood onto the *on* position, so at least he would be safe from any prowling daemons. he saw the chaplain charge, all was blurred. he knew as soon as he had dealt with the psyker he would come after him. the Black templars had no mercy for any psyker, exept a Grey Kinght, which, unfortunately, tarkantor wasn't.
"ugh," tarkantor groaned, grabbing his force weapon, the flames now gone, and crawled towards the nearest ruined building, slipping inside and shutting the automatic door. Crawling on his hands and knees, tarkantor reached a medical station, and dressed his head, applying a poultice and a bandage, as well as a painkiller. After the pain receded, tarkantor stood up, and quickly climbed the stairs to the top floor.
he watched the carnage below him, the corpses falling, and the sorcerors energies billowing around him, like a ghostly veil. tearing himself away from the scene, Tarkantor prepared an exit route in case the terminators searched the building, a tube leading down to the sewers, then watched the carnage unfold.

Cato Marquand
post #27 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-27-10, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Timan glanced around, Tarkantor was nowhere to be seen. He gazed into the dead bodies, he was not there. Where was he? Timan looked back to the Sorceror. The body of the foul thing seemed blurred. He frowned.

Jonas charged at the foul witch, bellowing war cries and shouting hymns. He would slay this foul witch for the deaths of his brothers.

You gaze on as Jonas reaches the Sorceror, the blazing crozuis sweeps through the air. Yet it doesn't make contact with the Pysker's body. It just swings through. The image laughs.

"You think you can hurt me? Fool, I am but a messenger of your doom. Prepare yourself warriors, for this was just to slow you down. Until you know of the Templars intentions, you will follow blindly. You have no other choice. For you are weak, you, and your Pysker. I will enjoy killing you on the crusade. Right now i'm standing somewhere safe. You must be fast, if you wish to save a world. You may have a artefact, yet speed is of the essence. Have patience, for you shall need your wits.

"Patience is a virtue I no longer posess witch! Show yourself!" Jonas bellowed, spit flying through the air.
Jonas turned to face the PDF troopers.
"You will stay here. Or else you shall be damned." Jonas growled.

Timan nodded. The terminators ran of, round the corner.

Their footsteps fade. You turn to Timan, awaiting orders. He speaks:
"You didn't really think we'd stay did you" Timan smiles at you.
You begin to follow in their steps.

post #28 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-28-10, 04:12 AM

The entire stream of events seemed as a blur to Wolf. Somewhere along the way, his long-las had run dry, and it now hung uselessly from its strap along his chest, an autopistol replacing it.

He was jerked out of his locked state of mind when he saw terminators of the Black Templar chapter. At last, some good news. Solomon took heart in the following battle, despite the corpses raised by the enemy sorceror, and that sorcerer's arrogant dismissal of the Templar chaplain.

Sighing, Wolf returned to his normal mental state, owing it perhaps to an adrenaline rush at seeing the horned Chaos Marine he remembered. Scavenging around, he found a fallen soldier with a laspistol, and took the charge, which was medium full. "You didn't really think we'd stay did you?"

Solomon turned to see Timan smiling. He smiled as well. They *could* survive this, and they had proved that.

Writer of crappy fics, I hope you might derive some enjoyment from them.

FictionPress.com: For original stuff.

FanFiction.net: For stuff that is part of an established universe.
post #29 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-28-10, 07:18 PM

tarkantor watched the image of the sorceror fade, and the terminators move away, soon followed by the PDF. But none of that concerned him. There was something about the sorceror...it just didn't seem right.
Descending to the ground, he moved amongst the corpses, towards the rune circles where the sorceror had stood.
"Odd." said tarkantor. "These are not some Chaos markings, they follow an ancient High Gothic dialect." hearing shuffling behind him, Tarkantor cursed at being unable to study the runes further, shooting off into a side alley.
Pulling up behind some rubble, tarkantor peered over to see who was there. Tarkantor gasped.

Cato Marquand
post #30 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-31-10, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Timan headed off down the alleyway. Meanwhile behind him:

Tarkantor gazed in wonder as he saw a large figure step from the shadows. The sorceror was back, the image of the heretic bent down and put his finger into the now silver ichor spilling from the corpses. He lifted it up to his lips and gently kissed it. He dropped the now purple ichor into the main mass.
"Enjoy the company, soon you shall be mine Pysker."
The pool swirled and flickered. It began to take shape. A creature akin to a large preying mantis reared up from the ground. It's purple eyes flashed.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode