My Duty Is My Fate-meus officuim est meus fortuna - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-09-10, 06:45 PM
Senior Moderator

-Lets see if the second one can remain

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this

Last edited by darkreever; 02-10-10 at 12:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-09-10, 11:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Huh, thats weird; I posted but you can't see the post for some reason. Must be some sort of glitch or bug or something.

Toffster and Darvaleth, might I suggest you two get together and work out this little thing your doing behind the scenes; that way you can just post once each and have everything done rather than draw it out and lose some people.

I mean the last half dozen or so posts have just been back and forth between the GM controlling NPC's and one player. Do the others even have anything to do while this goes on? (Also doing this would prevent something like posting one liner posts when they are clearly not something allowed here. Four sentence minimum people, remember that.)

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-10, 04:43 PM

Farseer Darvaleth's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
-Lets see if the second one can remain
Not meaning to be rude or anything, but what do you mean by that?

No problems if you don't won't to tell me, I was just confused.

EDIT: Ah yes, I see, there's that glitch problem. I've seen recent posts on this for a while by you but no posts there, and was confused.
I agree, this little pyschic test is making people lose out, perhaps just have one for now or something, then continue with RP, then every now and them another "dream" in which another challenge is made?

Give a man a match, and he's warm for a day.

Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life!

Cato Marquand

Last edited by Farseer Darvaleth; 02-10-10 at 04:46 PM.

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-10, 04:46 PM
Senior Moderator

I posted exactly what my second post says earlier yesterday, Heresy registered that I posted, but when you clicked to see the post you could not go onto page three. I posted again, and that post also went through but this time you could go to page three and see both posts as if nothing had happened. I edited the first post because theres no need for a doublepost of the exact same thing, not when one post is more than enough to convey the message.

post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-10, 04:54 PM

Ok thanks for the clear-up.

I've asked the GM in both this thread and the action thread if we can spread out the challenges. Hopefully another Character would second me as I'm sure if I were them I'd be pretty bored of these challenges and have nothing to do.

Cato Marquand
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-11-10, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

toffster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Theres something going on right now for the others yet they chose not to post. Theres a time bomb situation and they're doing absolutely nothing in posting wise.

"To the darkness I bring fire, to the ignorant I bring faith. Those who welcome these gifts may live, but I shall vist naught but death and eternal damnation on those who refuse them"
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-11-10, 05:34 PM
Senior Moderator

That might actually be largely due to the back and forth of you and only one of the players. Your essentially leaving them in the dust with a page or so of back and forth with only one person. Its kind of a little disconcerting to be so seemingly forgotten and cast aside like that.

post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-11-10, 06:10 PM

Euphrati's Flag is: USA

If I was a member of this rp I know i would be highly confused as to what is going on. Where did the Grey Knights come from? Why is the one character being singled out?

These 'tests' are basically from the book 'the Killing Ground' (Ultramarines novel) with some modifications. Not saying that that is a bad thing, mind you.. getting inspired by scenes and events in books is quite common for translation into rp, however in the book the events are explained to the reader in much greater detail. As well they are in no way, shape, or from presented as 'chaos powers'.. infact they are very hallowed.

I know i am not in this rp, but I have been following it out of curiousity from the start and I have to say that this set of scenes would be really confusing if I had not read the book/recognized where they came from. Just my 2 thrones on the matter.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-11-10, 07:13 PM

I myself am quite confused although I'm playing along how confused my character would be (helpful as I'm confused too) and assuming that at some stage quite soon the GM will clear everything up.

Cato Marquand
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-13-10, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

toffster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Ok now I'm confused too. The reason there is so many back and forth posts is that the scene i set up for the others hasn't been responded too. Thats why theres so many posts. The original idea was too have the grey knight and the Pysker come back and save the others from the time bomb. I was going to take a minute of each time the others posted, but they have not posted. So therefore I'm trying to keep half of the Rp going at least. Do you see them posting in this discussion? No. Exactly, there not osting at all.

"To the darkness I bring fire, to the ignorant I bring faith. Those who welcome these gifts may live, but I shall vist naught but death and eternal damnation on those who refuse them"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode