[Recruitment] whos up for an adventure - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-14-18, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Default whos up for an adventure

I'm going to be the Gm ( my first time so take it easy but still up for criticism my character will joining you on the mission as a blank in case under eichandwald
The mission we are going to do is a infiltration and potentially purge of a suspected chaos world under the order of the inquisition We were recruited as training by a young inquisitor named eichandwald

My oc he's name is turala Wentworth he is a omega level blank and carries a chain sword a laz pistol he has both arms being robotic and is very much a prick he has short cut brown curly hair brown eyes and a scar going up his lip from his chin he was olso from a noble family before being taken by the inquisition

Some rules: character must be accepted by me before we can start( just message me them) in fighting between characters is not allowed up to 6 players at least for this(me included so that's five extra ocs) INGAME heretical behaviour( i.e being an idiot for no reason) can get your character the commissar treatment no god ode style things like surviving and orbital nuking by riding a piece of wet grox crap for example

Limitations on ocs being few but important rules: no chaos or xenos no knights or titans as well and no alien tech for characters unless explained in the oc and not some overpowered warp stuff unless your character can handle it without ripping a new universal asshole on your self like an imperial guard using malcadors powers without training

For the COG you BOLT

Last edited by IAMCOGBOY; 06-15-18 at 11:00 AM. Reason: None really
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-14-18, 03:37 PM
Senior Moderator

First, welcome to the boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMCOGBOY View Post
I'll start
So whats the story here?

You've labeled this a recruitment thread but there is no information, no premise, no rules for potential players to follow, no limitations, nothing..

Quote:
I got a what's equivalent to a half baked skitarii that had still kept enough of a psychic presence to be semi conscious (think krieg from borderlands the inner voice)
So are you not going to be the GM of your RP then? I've always found it a bit hard for the GM to be, relatively, subjective when they have a non npc character in their own RP.

Quote:
small part being what was once a delta class psyker
If you have not already, I recommend reading The Assignment for a brief overview of different psyker rankings. A delta class psyker is extraordinarily powerful; its the fourth highest in the eighteen ranks and requires considerable training or else they are more than likely to be possessed or die from the sheer amount of warp energy they can harness. (Inquisitor Gideon Ravenor is noted as a delta class psyker.)

Quote:
that was born not made on a forge world and had been decided to be turned into a skitarii
A forgeworld would likely have been able to detect that he is an extremely potent psyker, which could have been looked at as a weakness of flesh and not worthy of transformation. So how was this missed?

Quote:
but had not a suffecient mind wipe
This can kinda be explained as him subconsciously fighting the procedure, but I'm pretty sure the Mechanicum partially lobotomize skitarii which no amount of psychic potential can protect against.

Quote:
to remove what is essentially a psychic headache and kept some sentience but decided to worship the Omnisiah
This is less than the most coherent, he was brought up on a forgeworld so worshipping the Omnisiah and Emperor are second nature. Having the majority of his mental faculties removed, as your implying, wouldnt leave him with much to decide otherwise.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-18, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for the imformation and yeah I did sort of make this on the fly let me change it quickly

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-18, 09:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Thank you for the imformation and yeah I did sort of make this on the fly let me change it quickly
Might I recommend giving the Recruitment Thread Template and GM's and Player's stickies a read through. I think they could be a great help to you.

Quote:
my first time so take it easy but still up for criticism my character will joining you on the mission as a blank in case under eichandwald
Take a breath, this is the first sentence and it already feels like your jumping all over the place.

Quote:
The mission we are going to do is a infiltration and potentially purge of a suspected chaos world under the order of the inquisition
Perhaps a bit more here? Why is the world suspected to be a chaos world (and what does that even mean?) Is this a world of the Imperium and the planetary governor/members of the ruling elite/head guild/etc is suspected of consorting with chaos and we are investigating to determine the validity of this suspicion?

Quote:
We were recruited as training by a young inquisitor named eichandwald
This sentence honestly makes no sense.

Quote:
My oc he's name is turala Wentworth he is a omega level blank and carries a chain sword a laz pistol he has both arms being robotic and is very much a prick he has short cut brown curly hair brown eyes and a scar going up his lip from his chin he was olso from a noble family before being taken by the inquisition
Whenever it comes to GM characters who will be more prominent NPC's my advice is always less, within reason, is better. Create a character sheet for your character, especially focusing on personality, appearance, and background, but do not put it up with everyone else. By keeping that sheet to yourself, you are able to make changes if needed and you can pick and choose when/if others know about certain traits.

Quote:
character must be accepted by me before we can start( just message me them)
This kind of goes without saying

Quote:
in fighting between characters is not allowed
Why not? At times this may be part of character interaction, because not every character will or can get along perfectly. I ran an RP years ago where the characters were a pack of Space Wolf blood claws and a central focus in the story was internal conflict due to choices some characters made.

Quote:
up to 6 players at least for this(me included so that's five extra ocs)
As the GM any character you control is an NPC and would not count towards character count.

Quote:
Limitations on ocs being few but important rules: no chaos or xenos no knights or titans as well and no alien tech for characters unless explained in the oc and not some overpowered warp stuff unless your character can handle it without ripping a new universal asshole on your self like an imperial guard using malcadors powers without training
Perhaps include a character sheet template? This way you can include sections you require filled out and any limitations on things like weapons.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode