[Recruitment] The Storm... - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 91 (permalink) Old 06-05-16, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Feed

Let me cheat again and say you still have two valkyries in the air to call on for support. They're still adding to the arbites' fire in keeping the encroaching rebels at bay, but with luck one of them might be able to lend a momentary hand.

Their rocket pods are useless and their multilasers are going to be only a little better than your own hellguns. Remember however that these are civilian rioters, and the fear factor of a looming aircraft could work to your advantage as well.

So, in addition to what you've begun to work on, there are other options. Impress me.

Nonsense is our Salvation

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 91 (permalink) Old 06-05-16, 10:35 AM

LordOfTheWolves's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm always nervous when the GM starts giving ideas!

Okay...if there is anything more dangerous than a scared man with a gun is a scared man with a bigger gun! Its armour but I believe the principle still applies.

If they weren't put off previously by scare tactics, I don't think they'll work here. We could use a Valkyrie for suppressive fire, order the release of the rocket pods to act as a distraction. We know it won't penetrate the armour but should put them off balance at least for a few moments. This should buy us some time, if only for a little while.

The key thing is are we attempting to disable or destroy? Both options have their own risks and rewards, but I think we need those suits dead. Seeing their destruction may break the morale of the rioters too which will (I assume) make life a little easier later on.

@Serpion5 , what is the armour plating on the lifters like at the rear and servo joints? Any chance a well placed shot might immobilise?

Also, is the damaged Valkyrie now gone or is it still in the air…any chance the pilot could eject in time if he pointed it towards the lifters?
post #73 of 91 (permalink) Old 06-05-16, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Feed

The armour is comparable to a Sentinel, so the anti personnel firepower of your weapons and your valkyries are not reliable enough to bring it down in time. Multiple krak grenades would work, but would also put you much close to the servo arms they're packing. The rear armour may be lighter, but the lifters can move faster than the aircraft can line up a shot and your own hellguns still won't penetrate it.

The damaged Valkyrie has executed a controlled crash landing within the palace walls so it is beyond being able to help you.

post #74 of 91 (permalink) Old 06-06-16, 06:59 PM

Hmm, okay...this will be fun. At least I survived to make it to the second post!

Come on guys, need some help here, otherwise I'm going to do something I think we shall all regret!

Perhaps use the Valkyrie to produce a smokescreen by aiming at the floor, hoping to either discourage or blind the operators for long enough to get close or for us to get behind the walls and hope to Emperor they can't get through the gates (I think we can safely say they can get through the gates)? Or just go leroy jenkins and see you all in the afterlife?
post #75 of 91 (permalink) Old 06-07-16, 02:04 AM

Harlequins-Kiss's Flag is: Ireland

Location: Traveling between Dublin, Ireland. And Chicago United States

We should not use the flamers as ied's, in the guardsman handbook it is against the rules anyway to use equipment not for the intended purpose. I think that a flanking maneuver for the krak grenades shall work and we just have to aim for the feet to unbalance it, or we can go for the cockpit and take out the screen to kill the pilot inside. Not sure if we should use the air support as it is needed to deter the rioters.

May the wheel turn as the wheel wills and may we not be caught in so many threads we cannot help but turn it ourselves.
post #76 of 91 (permalink) Old 06-07-16, 04:56 PM

Just got back from vacation in the UP of Michigan, so i am free to post at will now.
post #77 of 91 (permalink) Old 06-08-16, 12:50 AM

Harlequins-Kiss's Flag is: Ireland

Location: Traveling between Dublin, Ireland. And Chicago United States

Welcome back.

May the wheel turn as the wheel wills and may we not be caught in so many threads we cannot help but turn it ourselves.
post #78 of 91 (permalink) Old 06-08-16, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial_Commissar View Post
Just got back from vacation in the UP of Michigan, so i am free to post at will now.
Hope you had a good time! I'm in dire need of a break at the moment so very jealous!

I think we would be foolish not to at least keep the IED idea as a last resort.

But agree that it is probably best not being our first option. Flanking at least gives us a better chance, and as you say unbalancing them will give us a edge at least. But its how close we need to get to them is what is worrying me.

I feel that disabling the lifters would more likely break the morale of the remaining rioters, but can see your point of view! How shall we decide?
post #79 of 91 (permalink) Old 06-08-16, 05:17 PM

I for one am always a proponent of doing something stupid and hoping that it works out in the end. although in this case i am trying to think about how a squad of storm troopers would react to these two walkers. The thing that is popping into my mind right now is that they would want to neutralize the threat as quickly as possible and that would mean rushing in to close range despite the inevitable casualties and either kill them with the krak grenades, or utilize Kharis' power sword. Both of which are obviously exceedingly dangerous for us and the rest of the scions. I am formulating another option in my head right now but it would rely on if we have smoke grenades, and on if our helms have the capacity for thermal vision. Serpion if you could enlighten us that would be helpful. This plan would involve us reducing visibility to zero around the walkers and closing in that way to simply finish them off. But obviously we need to learn what our assets our first.
post #80 of 91 (permalink) Old 06-08-16, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Feed

You have frag and krak grenades. Hellguns and auto targeting systems.

No smoke grenades or thermal vision.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode