[Recruitment] The Storm... - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-25-16, 11:32 PM

I feel you, I just went through most of my finals, with my last one being tomorrow. But, after that I have no worries for a couple months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-25-16, 11:41 PM

Mine are yet to come... five weeks yesterday!

But will find time to put a post a week, will be nice to get away from the stress.

~lingua factiosi, inertes opera~
post #33 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-30-16, 05:33 AM Thread Starter
Feed

Still only three recruits? I'd like to see at least five before I invest too much time into this. I want to try and begin putting together the intro to the action post over the course of this week.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #34 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-30-16, 06:34 AM
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

I'm interested, I don't really have a lot of knowledge of scions though, however I do have military experience in the real world so I think I should be right,

I'll pledge my character in the next few hours
post #35 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-30-16, 07:18 AM
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

Farkas Roberk

Standing at exactly 6 feet tall, Farkas is not quite as big or muscular as his brethren. Untidy brown hair, brown eyes, absolutley no scarring at all, Hasn't even broken a bone in his body at nearly 3 decades old. Farkas has always been lucky, finding ammunition or medical supplies always with perfect timing. Picking his way through battlefields managing to avoid small arms fire, mortar rounds and even snipers, emerging at the end with nothing more than a scratch.

Off duty Farkas is a bit of a rebellious one with a tongue that doesn't know when to stop. Always has his sleeves rolled up and tunic untucked when out of sight officers. The punishments when they do find him, however, are always worth the small comforts when one is part of a ruthless Imperial fighting force.

Farkas' kit is standard issue, his trusty equipment and weapons have always served exceptionally, the only discernible thing is the tally mark he keeps on his combat knife, listing all the knife kills he's gotten over the years, which has a total of zero.

Last edited by TechPr1est; 04-30-16 at 07:22 AM.
post #36 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-01-16, 12:02 AM

Scathainn's Flag is: Norway

Sent you a PM, Serpion.

And what shoulder, & what art. Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
And when thy heart began to beat, What dread hand? & what dread feet?
What the hammer? what the chain? In what furnace was thy brain?
What the anvil? what dread grasp, Dare its deadly terrors clasp?
When the stars threw down their spears, And watered heaven with their tears,
Did he smile his work to see? Did he who made the Lamb make thee?
post #37 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-01-16, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Feed

@TechPr1est I can work with Farkas. Thank you.

post #38 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-01-16, 01:36 PM

LordOfTheWolves's Flag is: United Kingdom

Sorry I'm late to the party. I haven't taken part in a role play game in ages! I am a bit rusty but mind if I tag along? My character so far, happy to edit it if its not what you are looking for!

Name: Atlas Stormhaven

Description: Standing approximately 5’ 10”, Atlas has often been one of the smallest during his tour of service. He is quite slim, with little in the way of muscle or fat. He is bald, with only a hint of stubble on his chin. His right eye is a vivid dark blue, while the left has been replaced with bionics. Save for his left eye, Atlas has little in the way of scars. On his back is tattooed the names of the planets he has fought on. Around his neck he carries a bullet with his initials carved into it.
To the untrained eye his armour and wargear appear to be standard issue, practical and well looked after. However, Atlas has made small modifications to improve its efficiency in-between deployments, much to the annoyance of the ships armourer.

Personality: Atlas is an eternal optimist, always seeing the light side of any situation no matter how grim. His devotion to the holy emperor of mankind is so strong, he cares not for what horrors are thrown at him, only that he dies performing the emperors will. After combat operations, he is always the first to make a joke of the situation. His views on life and his dry wit however are not to everyone’s taste, and so often ends up being left chuckling to himself. However, once he puts on his armour and descends into the hells of war, gone is the joking half-wit to be replaced with the cool, calculating solider of the Imperium. The change between these two personas is almost instantaneous, as if he can shift between the two by just flicking switch. This is obviously the result of the harsh training he received at the Schola Progenium, to be able to focus his mind to become the ultimate surgical tool of the Astra militarium. However, it is not unknown for him to blurt out an inappropriate comment during an operation.

At the age of 5, Atlas was found by an Ordo Xenos inquisitor in the wake of an Ork infestation. Somehow he had survived and hid himself in an underground bunker. Upon discovery, the boys survival and his apparent lack of fear sparked the inquisitor’s curiosity and so he decided to adopt him into this retinue. For 5 years Altas was taught by the inquisitor and his retinue basic survival techniques and of the holy emperor. He spent many an hour with the Inquisitor’s Jokaero weaponsmith, learning a few tricks in weapon improvement. He was of course nowhere neared as skilled as his furry mentor, but he had certainly shown promise.

At the age of 10 he was given over to the Schola Progenium to complete his training. It was intended that he become an acolyte and perhaps one day become the Inquisitors successor. However, he never returned, leaving the boy to become a Scion.
The knowledge he gained from his time with the jokaero helped him to become adept at manipulating the machine spirit of almost any imperial weapon or vehicle. He was even sometimes able to interact with xenos machinery, making it bend to his will, at least long enough to complete his task. During a mission to rescue a planetary governor from a tyranid splinter fleet, it was he who coxed a badly damaged chimera back to life, ensuring their escape to the extraction zone with only moments to spare.

His sheer determination and faith in the Emperor has ensured his survival during his fairly short military career. Although he is certain he will die in service to the Emperor, he knows that he will do so with no regrets. He is determined his life will be long however. He was told that “Everyone has a bullet with their name on”, and so ensures it his him who carries that bullet.
post #39 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-02-16, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Feed

Atlas is cool.

post #40 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-02-16, 05:30 PM

Slowly, slowly our numbers grow...

~lingua factiosi, inertes opera~

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode