[Recruitment] Unending Tide - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 148 (permalink) Old 02-18-16, 01:20 AM

Euphrati's Flag is: USA

As Reever said, what you read in my post is what you get- meaning those in the outpost might (at the very end of their actions) hear a deep, vox-rendered voice followed by an explosion of some sort outside the walls.

What such a thing means to your character? Well that is on you and your character's personalities!

Now, onto the second (and to me more important part) of what Darkreever mentioned- questions. Pretty much every update he posts up, Reever receives a barrage of questions from me. These includes additional information my character might know/have access to, more detailed descriptions of items/locations/people, questions relating to what my character might be able to do (or think s/he is able to do), etc.

Many of the questions I ask (or have asked in the past) are fairly simple, some are more in depth and in reference to exacting details, some are even are met with the classic Darkreever vague response of 'I guess you will find out...' (Keris got that one a lot.... )

Here are the questions I leveled at Darkreever for the first update-

So it begins.

Are there any orks still living in the wreck that he needs to finish off in his search?

You note things taught by the crusades' chaplain, I am going to hazard a guess that you mean the death rites of the Templars and not any sort of geneseed extraction, correct?

Initiate Veldir and Initiate Walsh, could I get a brief description of both and was Theo particularly close to either of these brothers or is that something I can choose? Does either of them have a notable battle history? Is there anything in particular that each of them carries Chapter relic wise that Theo would not leave behind (even if it is something he wouldn't use out of respect, merely burden himself with carrying)? In traditional Templar fashion, do these brothers have oath scrolls on their armour that Theo could take unto himself (accepting their oaths in honour of their lives)?

What is the name of the Crusade's Apothecary?

Which leg is broken and how: upper or lower leg, merely a fracture or a full blown break, has it set or is it still grinding with each stubborn step? Can Theo combat jog for short stretches? Can he sprint if he has to (I know this might not be advisable.. but you know the stubbornness of the Sons of Dorn!)?

Can you give me a bit more detail as to the two main sections of his armour that are damaged? Is the integrity still viable or is it breached in some way? How is his vox, are there any signals he might pick up if he scrolls through the frequencies?

What is the terrain like that he is crossing? Is there any sign of Orks having passed through?

How far is he from the outpost at the point of the explosion, and is his helm's visual auspex able to magnify/shift spectrum enough for him to get a glimpse of the scene and the enemy as he approaches?

What is the weather like currently? Is it relatively calm or have the Ork dropships stirred up the atmosphere into looming storms?

Can I name the 4th member of the squad to make it to the ork dropship? (My plan is that he was killed early in the assault of it and going to note that his body was in the now absent rear section of the downed craft which is why Theo cannot find it.)

-

This is just an example of what runs through my thoughts when I start considering my post for a character.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 148 (permalink) Old 02-18-16, 02:47 AM

LordNecross's Flag is: USA

That's all I needed to know. I can cut any mention of astartes and just have an observation instead.

post #73 of 148 (permalink) Old 02-18-16, 07:14 AM
visit roleplay threads!

unxpekted22's Flag is: USA

It can be a learning curve, knowing how to stay within the bounds of the updates but still be creative.

Just so everyone knows, The dialogue and actions from Tobias are always written by me, and Elias's are always written by Dark Angel, in our posts.

You can never be prepared for the unexpected

Last edited by unxpekted22; 02-19-16 at 02:49 AM.

post #74 of 148 (permalink) Old 02-18-16, 06:44 PM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

In advance, I apologize for any blunders on my part. It's been a while since I've RP'd so it might take me a few updates to get back into that head-space.

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
post #75 of 148 (permalink) Old 02-21-16, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Moderator

Right, calling out @Tha Tall One as I wonder when we will be seeing something from Thede.

Komanko PMed me around the middle of last week, he's more sick than he had orignally thought and his character is going on the back burner till he doesn't feel like death.

Expect an update in the next day or so, though I think several people would definitely like to see some edits from @Khorne's Fist before I do.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #76 of 148 (permalink) Old 02-22-16, 12:18 AM

I recall the last character to go on a full god-mod spree in one of your rp threads came to a rather sudden, and rather violent, end...

I was still somewhat of a new member here at the the time and it still gives me pause to stop and think if I have pushed the envelope too far even now in my posts!

Post traumatic storyteller disorder.
post #77 of 148 (permalink) Old 02-22-16, 12:33 AM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

Oh, I think we all remember that one.

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #78 of 148 (permalink) Old 02-22-16, 06:55 AM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

I don't but I would love to here about it more!

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
post #79 of 148 (permalink) Old 02-22-16, 08:32 AM
visit roleplay threads!

unxpekted22's Flag is: USA

Basically, Deus, if your character is a fresh-blooded space marine and he runs out of the bounds of an update after some Alpha Legionaries, they will bust out of a wall by surprise and he'll get wiped from existence. So, don't do that, and apply the lesson forward haha.

You can never be prepared for the unexpected

post #80 of 148 (permalink) Old 02-22-16, 12:36 PM

Said event happened nearly 7 years ago and it still haunts my thoughts in all roleplays since.

This, my friends, is what a good roleplay does to you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode