[Recruitment] Unending Tide - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 148 (permalink) Old 01-14-16, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNecross View Post
Any Comments reever? Do we get a pass?
I actually have no comments for your characters; I am liking everything I see. That being said, yep all characters so far are accepted and have been edited into my first post.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 148 (permalink) Old 01-16-16, 03:01 PM

Euphrati's Flag is: USA

Pretty good mix of characters so far it seems, is there a total body count you are looking for Reever?
post #33 of 148 (permalink) Old 01-16-16, 08:14 PM
Reaper of Souls

Santaire's Flag is: United Kingdom

Oh, damn you darkreever.

It's been so long, and I'm definitely massively out of practise, but it's really bloody tempting to give this a shot.

I'll see what I can do and get back to you.

We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment - and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly.
— Flemeth

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

post #34 of 148 (permalink) Old 01-17-16, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphrati View Post
is there a total body count you are looking for Reever?
To start I would like another three characters before putting the action thread up. After that, I will still be accepting new characters for a time, as I often do.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

post #35 of 148 (permalink) Old 01-17-16, 02:06 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I think I might throw together a young PDF recruit for this. I'll have a think about the character and post him up in a day or two.
post #36 of 148 (permalink) Old 01-21-16, 12:20 PM
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!

komanko's Flag is: Israel

Ill try throwing a sheet tomorrow after or before I watch the new Star Wars and come back from work.
post #37 of 148 (permalink) Old 01-22-16, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Senior Moderator

Hoping people who claimed interest still are, I'd rather not start this with only five people but I do plan on putting the action thread up by next weekend.

So @Khorne's Fist , @Santaire , @komanko , and @Asamodai if your all still interested I need those characters. I know The Tall One has also expressed interest, but he contacted me earlier about delays.

post #38 of 148 (permalink) Old 01-22-16, 11:06 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Yup, sorry, been fighting a particularly virulent dose of man-flu this week, and working all this weekend. I will definitely have something up Mon or Tues.
post #39 of 148 (permalink) Old 01-22-16, 11:39 PM

Tha Tall One's Flag is: Netherlands

Finally got it done boss! I shall await thy judgement!

Name: Zachariah Thede

Appearance: Before the misery that befell the Prolial system, you might have come across Zachariah as he travelled to his office, or when he went out to buy food or clothes. Surely, you wouldn't remember him, for his narrow features are rather plain. His clothes are long-sleeved, and coloured mostly shades of beige, brown or grey, though always clean and never in disrepair. He isn't very tall or short, nor fat or lean. Probably the most remarkable thing about his appearance is his hair, an almost whitish blonde, combed and waxed tightly backwards, reaching short of his neck.
His grey eyes are flanked by shallow wrinkles, which become more visible when he is genuinely smiling, something he rarely does among strangers. He may give a nervous impression at times, though he seems often rather calm when stressful situations arise, as his mind is occupied with more important things than worrying.

Personality: Zachariah is somewhat of an introvert. He's not very comfortable when lots of people are around, especially not if he doesn't know them. He likes puzzles, and enjoys solving problems that require thinking. He enjoys this even more when working together with someone else, progressing quicker when discussing his thoughts out loud. He easily gets along with anyone indulging him in this manner. He doesn’t easily make friends however, and is rather reluctant in talking about himself or his feelings.
He is often frugal, going without a meal sometimes when he feels he’s not hungry enough, and hoarding items that basically have been used up. He repairs his own clothes, at which he has become quite adept.

Background: Zachariah started his career as a clerk in the management of ore-transports of the moderate mining town where he was born. His father had been a miner, working hard to provide for an education for his only son. From early on, it was clear Zachariah had an affinity for numbers. Diligently advancing his career, he found himself the logistics manager of the mining operations there, after some years had passed. During this time, he built a lasting friendship with one of his collegues, with whom he still corresponds, albeit irregularly. Their hobby was to design math problems and puzzles for one another, which also sporadically continues. This irregularity in their correspondence was caused by another advance in his career. In what was one of the proudest moments of his life, he took a gamble and applied for a similar job in one of the starports.
To his surpise, he was accepted, and moved to the big city. Despite making a step forward, the splendor of his new job disappeared quickly, as he was now inserted into a much larger bureaucracy, and had become a much smaller player on the local scale. He still enjoyed the work he did, but never felt as comfortable as he had been back home. He never showed any discontent though, as he didn’t want to imply that he had perhaps made a wrong decision, in addition to having a sense of duty.
When the Orks invaded, he figured that the management would soon fall into military hands, and there’d be no place for him in his current position. However, the military could probably use someone with his skills very well for smaller tasks, and perhaps he could come back later to a higher position with some military service on his resume. So he decided to quit his job, and sign up with the PDF. Only when he was handed a gun and a helmet, did he realize that thís job might not be what he had envisioned. However, his sense of pride forbade him to turn back. As did somewhere, deep in his subconscious, the fact that he found it terrifyingly exciting. After all, how dangerous could it really be?

Group: PDF

Equipment: frag grenades, a combat knife, spare ammo, and sub-standard flak vest and helmet. He also bought a pair of binoculars and a small flashlight, and has packed extra clothes and some hygiene products. Additionally, he carries a needle and thread, in case a button comes loose or his clothes get damaged.

Weapons: las-carbine

Last edited by Tha Tall One; 01-22-16 at 11:51 PM.
post #40 of 148 (permalink) Old 01-23-16, 11:48 PM

Assuming there is still room in this, I'd like to give it a try.

Name: Liam Caul

Appearance: Wiry thin despite having spent nearly a decade underground in the mines. Pale skinned, almost painfully so, with a shaved scalp, squat nose, and sunken in eyes. Liam stands at just over five and a half feet tall with small knicks and scars on his face, arms, chest, and back.

In addition to the sunken eyes and nose, Liam has green eyes and scruff of brown, with a line missing from his right eyebrow. He also has a tattoo, a set of numbers on his left shoulder blade used to mark him as an indentured worker.

Background: Born to a low class mining family in one of the port city slums. Liam knew hard life from very early, and before reaching maturity was sold into labor by his own family to pay off debts owed by his father for gambling. As a slummer child, Liam had grown to know tough life but when he was sold off, he was thrust into a world where no matter how hard you worked, you only got just enough to survive and there would always be those who would try and take that for themselves.

Mere weeks after being sold into labor, Liam was nearly dead from malnutrition and having to perform full workshifts of twenty hours. It was then that he was taken in by one of the cities mine gangs, the Earth Shakers, who fed him back to strength and life and taught him how to work and survive the mines.

Because of his life in the slums and near death in the mines, Liam never grew overly muscled or big like some of the others. But what he lacked in size and bulk he made up with in wit and speed until the day when the monsters came. While some of the people of Prolial prime would join the PDF by choice, the mining unions and guilds were tasked with making up the numbers the volunteers lacked.

For some of these numbers, the guild unions turned to various gangs and let them bleed the heads of each bleed their lower ranks to avoid being sent to fight or to get out of the mines. It was through this that Liam learned why he had been saved by the Earth Shakers, as a body in case they ever needed one. And like as a child, Liam was once again sold into another form of labor; this time as an indentured soldier. They trained him in how to fight, use a knife where before he only had a shiv, aim and fire a gun where before he might have used a riveter to stick someone to the floor or wall. With these things Liam swore he would never return to the mines for anyone but himself, and definitely not back to the mines of the city.

Group: PDF

Equipment: frag grenades, a combat knife, spare ammo, and sub-standard flak vest and helmet

Weapon: Lascarbine

Hope this is good.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode