[Recruitment] Unending Tide - Page 13 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 148 (permalink) Old 05-19-16, 11:57 AM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

There's my post. Hopefully it's to everyone's liking!

Also thanks for bearing with me while my schedule was manic.

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 148 (permalink) Old 05-19-16, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Senior Moderator

And Deus managed to beat me in getting a post up before the update, kudos to you for that.

I've been mulling over this update for a few days now, over the length and what I want some of the characters to do. Ultimately I've chosen, this time, to keep it a bit shorter; but there is a method to this madness!

Clearly Theo, Elias, and Tobias are more experienced than the rest of the group. The plan has always been for that fact to play a part in how the group interacts. So from this point onward you might see me giving the PDF players a bit less outright direction in place of letting the above three have a go at it.

Because while I will get a feel for how each of the characters will act/react these are still your characters first, you know them better than me. So for now, @Euphrati, @dark angel, and @unxpekted22 will be able to have their characters decide who does what in this update (read the update and you'll see what I mean.)

And for any and all PDF players don't worry, your characters will become more experienced and battle hardened as time goes on. In time they will more than likely will know what to do and be trusted to do it.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #123 of 148 (permalink) Old 05-19-16, 07:47 PM

Lord Ramo's Flag is: England

After a rather long absence from this site, I am throwing in a character that I hope will be able to bring me back into rps. Here is my rather rusty looking character!

Name: Markus Lineas

Appearance: A rather unassuming individual, Markus is small and thin, standing at barely 5'7" and weighing no more than 120 pounds. His hair is a light shade of auburn and since his induction into the PDF his once long but messy hair has been cut so short that people that knew him before would never be able to recognize him. Markus' eyes are a deep shade of brown, and help with his rather unassuming look. His face is kept clean shaven, though not entirely by choice but rather the inability to actually grow some noteworthy hair which leads to people mistaking how old he actually is. He is of a pale complexion, having spent most of his life growing up in one of Prolial Prime's space port cities. He has a handsome face and carries a rather infectious smile across his face at all times.

Personality: Markus is a seemingly jovial but annoying individual, loving to hear the sound of his own voice above others. Whilst he grew up on the streets of one of Prolial Prime's spaceports he learnt quickly that whilst he wasn't much of a fighter, he was able to talk his way out of troublesome situations. As a result of this he will always try and talk his way out of certain duties and situations since joining the PDF with varying degrees of success.

Markus is a fairly loyal individual, looking out for himself as well as those that he cares about above all others. He is not a particularly devout man, having witnessed the disparity between the rich of
Prolial Prime and the poor, leading him to question privately whether the God-Emperor is one worth worshiping.

Background: Markus Lineas was born to a poor family indebted to one of the local gangs. His family would harbor their illegal goods on their property before they were killed by another gang who were trying to steal black market goods from the house. As a result of his parents death when he was just a child he sent to live with his Aunt, who wished to have nothing to do with him. As a result of this he spent more time out on the streets falling into the wrong crowd and joined a gang at a very young
age as a thief, pick-pocketing what he could to survive.

He knew he wasn't a fighter from an early age and would prefer to try and talk his way out of fights with other local youths, even going so far as offering them what he had managed to pocket that day to avoid confrontations. As he grew up he became better at stealing, and as a teenager would start to charm and distract people as he pick-pocketed them, or so that one of his friends would be able to steal from their bags and such. Eventually his life as a thief would come to an end when he was attempting
to pickpocket a low level administrator charming her before her rather jealous boyfriend, who happened to be an Arbites started to pick a fight and pushed him, revealing that he had his hand in her bag and was trying to swipe what he could. After a rather serious beating he was taken to a Arbites precinct where he was given a choice, hard labor or join the PDF.

Markus found himself somewhat reluctantly joining the PDF, which is where he has been for the last three years. During that time he has attempted to do as little as possible, though he has managed to make some extra cash through procuring items as well as gaining the favor of junior Non commissioned officers through his charm and his procurement of items. He like the planet was not ready for the Orkish invasion, and found himself questioning whether he should have chosen the hard labor
over the PDF as there will be no chance of him talking his way out of this predicament.

Group: PDF

Equipment:
Frag grenades, a combat knife, spare ammo, and sub-standard flak vest and helmet

Weapons: Las-carbine

I am hoping that this is acceptable, and will obviously change whatever is asked.

post #124 of 148 (permalink) Old 05-19-16, 10:02 PM

Euphrati's Flag is: USA

Ramo! Good to see you around again.

@ Khornate Renegade ; I would like to see how Hal reacts to Theo before posting as it will somewhat determine how Theo treats him and the other PDF troopers. Even if it is a short post from you regarding that bit, it would be much appreciated.
post #125 of 148 (permalink) Old 05-24-16, 04:00 AM
visit roleplay threads!

unxpekted22's Flag is: USA

Dark angel, Euphrati, and I have got some dialogue down between our characters. DA and I will be reaching out to some of the guard players next, just so everyone knows we are still here and working on posts.

You can never be prepared for the unexpected

post #126 of 148 (permalink) Old 05-24-16, 08:53 PM

As Khornate Renegade has not been on the site for ~10 days, I am not going to wait on him (and hold up the RP) to react to Theo before interacting with the other characters.

I'll have a few questions for you Reever concerning details, as always.
post #127 of 148 (permalink) Old 05-25-16, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Moderator

@Lord Ramo , looks good to me, Markus will be in the next update. And definitely looking forward to seeing what everyone posts up this time around.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #128 of 148 (permalink) Old 05-29-16, 02:27 AM

I went ahead and posted so that unxp and darkangel can post- I figured I can do a second post once you decide on how Theo's dinner pans out Reever :-)

It is not adversity itself that makes one great, it is our actions when faced with hardship that define us. Never forget your purpose. Never forget the oaths you have made and why you made them.
post #129 of 148 (permalink) Old 05-29-16, 10:29 AM
visit roleplay threads!

unxpekted22's Flag is: USA

Good call, maybe we should just post up our parts as well and then move on to the PDF interactions.

You can never be prepared for the unexpected

post #130 of 148 (permalink) Old 05-30-16, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unxpekted22 View Post
Good call, maybe we should just post up our parts as well and then move on to the PDF interactions.
I think that would be a solid idea, though I'm stuck chewing on grey matter until a certain gm gets back to me on the details.

It is not adversity itself that makes one great, it is our actions when faced with hardship that define us. Never forget your purpose. Never forget the oaths you have made and why you made them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode