[Recruitment] Unending Tide - Page 10 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-15-16, 09:02 AM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

Mine is the first post after the last update. Did you want a second before the next one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-15-16, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Senior Moderator

Sorry about that Asamodai, that was just meant for KF and TTO. (There are three players missing at this time, but one of them is Komanko and I know why.)

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #93 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-16-16, 11:19 AM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Not a massive problem, but to The-Tall-One and Iron-Within, I did specifically mention in my post that Alec was at the back of the group, trying to put a few bodies between him and whatever was on the other side of the door. However, in both of your posts he seems to be kicking in the door. Just be mindful in future, as I put him there for a reason.

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.

post #94 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-16-16, 05:26 PM
visit roleplay threads!

unxpekted22's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
Not a massive problem, but to The-Tall-One and Iron-Within, I did specifically mention in my post that Alec was at the back of the group, trying to put a few bodies between him and whatever was on the other side of the door. However, in both of your posts he seems to be kicking in the door. Just be mindful in future, as I put him there for a reason.
Didn't want to be the first one shot to pieces?

You can never be prepared for the unexpected

post #95 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-16-16, 08:00 PM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Aye pretty much. Never be the first person through the door. Never ends well.

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
post #96 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-20-16, 07:16 PM
visit roleplay threads!

unxpekted22's Flag is: USA

Hey Reever, how are we looking?

You can never be prepared for the unexpected

post #97 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-21-16, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Senior Moderator

Pretty good, update just went up and I'm eagerly awaiting or anticipating any questions you all might have and what you all do.

Sorry though, this was originally planned on going up on Friday but a few big events postponed that.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #98 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-27-16, 04:01 AM

Greetings and salutations fellow (albeit more experienced) RPrs, I just stumbled across this lovely gem of a website a couple of weeks ago and decided to create an account here once I saw the RP section. I have spent a bit of time lurking in the action thread, and I have been spurred onwards to see if I may join Unending Tide. I can totally understand if you are not willing to accommodate further players, seeing how you already have quite the band of characters. But I couldn't help but try to see if I could make a PDF Sergeant who had been dispatched to the outpost with a smaller contingent of PDF Troopers, (with them all getting killed, or at least most) and reaching the outpost. (and incidentally bringing in another wave of the Unending Tide.
post #99 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-27-16, 02:09 PM

Euphrati's Flag is: USA

First off, welcome to Heresy and the rp threads- good to see the active roleplay threads generating interest.

Secondly, Unending Tide has really just started as a story. The characters have yet to even truly have time to interact with one another as they have been spending most of their precious moments trying to stay alive so far so it is a good time for new characters to be included!

Darkreever (the gamemaster of this particular roleplay) tends to be very good at seamlessly accommodating late additions into his storyline using the 'un-named extras' that he includes in most of his works. The basic premise is that your character has been there all along, just has not been spotlighted until now- like an extra in a movie/tv series that suddenly steps forward into the action and becomes a 'named' character in the story.

This allows him not to have to alter his storyline to include new characters (he may not have plans for an immediate second ork assault) and also allows the new character to understand what is going on and be integrated into the group because, according to this premise, he/she has always been there just has been un-named until that point.

Now, this may mean he limits new additions to more of a rank and file PDF trooper, but a good gamemaster knows it is less about how heroic a character is when he/she starts and more about how he/she becomes a hero through their actions in the storyline.

If you have questions/need help with your character- don't be scared to send Darkreever a message. He doesn't bite for the most part (well, unless you earn it from your own actions like god-moding, then you might get to see how sharp his teeth are ). It might take him a day or two to get back to you (life being what it is and all) but he is one of the best gamemasters I have had the honour of playing under so believe me when I say it is well worth the wait.
post #100 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-27-16, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphrati View Post
First off, welcome to Heresy and the rp threads- good to see the active roleplay threads generating interest.

Secondly, Unending Tide has really just started as a story. The characters have yet to even truly have time to interact with one another as they have been spending most of their precious moments trying to stay alive so far so it is a good time for new characters to be included!

Darkreever (the gamemaster of this particular roleplay) tends to be very good at seamlessly accommodating late additions into his storyline using the 'un-named extras' that he includes in most of his works. The basic premise is that your character has been there all along, just has not been spotlighted until now- like an extra in a movie/tv series that suddenly steps forward into the action and becomes a 'named' character in the story.

This allows him not to have to alter his storyline to include new characters (he may not have plans for an immediate second ork assault) and also allows the new character to understand what is going on and be integrated into the group because, according to this premise, he/she has always been there just has been un-named until that point.

Now, this may mean he limits new additions to more of a rank and file PDF trooper, but a good gamemaster knows it is less about how heroic a character is when he/she starts and more about how he/she becomes a hero through their actions in the storyline.

If you have questions/need help with your character- don't be scared to send Darkreever a message. He doesn't bite for the most part (well, unless you earn it from your own actions like god-moding, then you might get to see how sharp his teeth are ). It might take him a day or two to get back to you (life being what it is and all) but he is one of the best gamemasters I have had the honour of playing under so believe me when I say it is well worth the wait.
Yes I have seen darkreever's skill as a GM from just the one rp alone, and I must say the title Game Master really does fit well.

I would be completely fine with being a regular trooper too, hell, it's not my place to be picky when I am coming in late. I will PM him about any sort of 'extra' features I may add along to my character (If he is willing to take on one more player).

Anyways, thank you for your assistance and swift response, and if I have any trouble with my character I won't hesitate to ask.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode