[Recruitment] Webs That Bleed (Part 1?) - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-22-15, 03:48 AM

If my character seems a little overgeared I might drop the psyker stuff, change the force sword for a combat knife and just roll as an operator character. Eventually though as my character falls further into Tzeentch's favor (or just his schemes) if it's cool with the GM I could develop low level psyker abilities. What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-22-15, 04:33 AM

Captain_Loken's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagpieKnight View Post
If my character seems a little overgeared I might drop the psyker stuff, change the force sword for a combat knife and just roll as an operator character. Eventually though as my character falls further into Tzeentch's favor (or just his schemes) if it's cool with the GM I could develop low level psyker abilities. What do you guys think?
I'm cool with it. I think it might even play a better RP if you were to 'learn' new things as you go.

That being said, I think we are starting to have a well rounded group! I'm waiting to see the character with the termi armor and combi bolter. If that would allowed, I would think we would be good to go!

(I can count as an assault marine, but if we have a specifically geared one, that would be cool too.) I hope my guy doesn't seem too over powered.

I am anxious to see how Darkreaver's character plays out.

Also, you said you wanted at least 6, now is that a hard number or can we start before that, just in case we don't get many more people to join?

One more question, are you auto approving these characters? Or would you like use to tweak things here and there for your benefit (a reference) later on. Like more detail and what not.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR HIS SKULL THRONE!
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-22-15, 05:09 AM

Yeah, I like it better like this too. I've edited my original post to reflect my updated wargear and backstory. I don't think a possessed marine sounds too op. And it's cool because it's an iconic unit from the tabletop.

I agree this is a pretty sweet team so far. I think it could be cool to get some Dark Eldar characters here too. Although I'd be curious to see how that would work, in most of the fluff I've read Slaanesh scares the crap out of them (and rightly so!)

post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-22-15, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagpieKnight View Post
Yeah, I like it better like this too. I've edited my original post to reflect my updated wargear and backstory. I don't think a possessed marine sounds too op. And it's cool because it's an iconic unit from the tabletop.

I agree this is a pretty sweet team so far. I think it could be cool to get some Dark Eldar characters here too. Although I'd be curious to see how that would work, in most of the fluff I've read Slaanesh scares the crap out of them (and rightly so!)
Good points here.

I'm curious to see what @DarkReaver thinks about the team.

Also, if the time comes that we want to start and we don't have a whole lot of people, I can volunteer to write up another PC to control as well, if he would allow.

post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-22-15, 10:20 AM
Feed

I've been meaning to get myself back into rp for some time now. Was initially planning a thread of my own, but this one caught my eye and seems a better option.

Given that we have all astartes characters so far, how do people feel about an eldar outcast who has found himself roped into this?

Alternatively the astartes theme is one I'm just as happy to keep.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-22-15, 01:21 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

If I find the time later I might try and put some flesh on the bones of a NL character rattling around in my head. Haven't RP'd in way too long.
post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-22-15, 01:56 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Inquisitor Oldman shall watch this recruitment thread closely!

post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-22-15, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
I've been meaning to get myself back into rp for some time now. Was initially planning a thread of my own, but this one caught my eye and seems a better option.

Given that we have all astartes characters so far, how do people feel about an eldar outcast who has found himself roped into this?

Alternatively the astartes theme is one I'm just as happy to keep.
We were actually just talking about having a dark elder character, so I think it would be pretty awesome!

Can't wait to see it!

post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-22-15, 05:13 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'll get in on this.

Character's Name: Azor Sehkt

Character's Description: Tall with copper toned skin and long reddish-black hair, Sekht has a noble aspect and could easily appear on the side of a coin. His body and face are unmarked by tattoos or scars, his eyes however glow in the same kaleidoscopic tones as the unfiltered Empyrean. Sehkt wears ornate Power Armour twisted by the Warp. Cerulean blue lined with a rich gold and silver, the armor is covered in scripts from languages across the galaxy, both mortal and daemonic, that writhe and twist as he chants incantations. A half-cloak made of shimmering Daemon-hide hangs from his right shoulder while a half-robe made of rich Prosperine silk hangs from his belt falling around his legs. His helmet is crested by a pair of silver horns, while the faceplate of his helmet bears only a single glowing green eye.

Character's Race: Astartes (Thousand Sons)

Character's Wargear: Sekht wields a Force Weapon styled as an ancient Guan Dao, which acts as both staff and sword, the blade itself is obsidian black and seems to suck the life essence from the air around it. A grimoire of spells and True Names is hidden beneath his half-cloak, something that very few are allowed to see. At his back march two Rubric Marines, supposedly the remaimder of his elite guard from his days as a Thousand Sons Captain. (Force Glaive/Grimoire/Pair of Rubric Marines - Four Slots)

Character's Backstory: Sekht was born and raised on Prospero during the time of Magnus the Red. Taken at a young age for the Thousand Sons Legion, Sekht was found to be a talented battle-magus with the ability to channel his body's natural energy outwards in devastating waves of power and thus was raised to the Pavoni. Over time he was elevated to Captain of the 87th Battle Company and won several compliances for the nascent Imperium of Man, on several occasions fighting alongside other Legions including the Blood Angels, Sons of Horus, Iron Hand and the Death Guard, the lattermost an incident that was unpleasant to all involved and never spoken of again. Sehkt was present at the Nikea Edict and was one of the most vocal against it, believing the ban a waste of humanity's natural talents and a moment of hypocrisy for the Emperor that claimed he was not a God yet dared dictate what humanity could aspire to and what they could not. Later Sehkt took part in the ritual that attempted to warn the Emperor of Horus's treachery, and later the resulting Razing of Prospero; where Sekht killed ninty-three Space Wolves, including two Jarls and eleven Rune Priests (to this day he still wears the totem chains he tore from those eleven wolves.) After the Legion was taken to Sortiarus Sehkt remained for a time, but shortly after the Rubric of Ahriman was enacted (an event he survived) he left the homeworld after learning that Magnus the Red had allowed the Space Wolves to invade, now believing Magnus to be a craven whose masochistic desire for punishment hurt his Legion even more than it did himself. Taking a small group of Rubricae with him, he roamed the galaxy hunting for a purpose as well as any opportunity to hurt the Imperium that betrayed his brothers. A purpose that to this day, eludes him.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-22-15, 05:18 PM

LotN, by Rubric Marines, they're the lifeless Rubricea (spelling?)

So is that four total, now?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode