[Recruitment] Deathwatch: Xenos Hunters - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-06-15, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Only just seen your post KingAlle, it looks goof save for the following things:

You will need to wear a helmet especially if you end up on a space hulk and other hostile environments.

Your elk hide will compromise your stealth capabilities of your armour as it doesnt have the armour itself has when its repainted black.

Thats all i can think of for now. and welcome to Heresy

Already, you exalt me for my triumphs, When I ask only that you remember me for my treacheries

Victory is nothing more than survival.
It carries no weight of honour or worth beyond what we ascribe to it.
If you wish to grow wise, learn why brothers betray brothers. - Khyron, First Grand Master of the Eighth Brotherhood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-06-15, 08:50 PM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

I had wrote up a Space Wolf, and for some reason, only now has KingAelle's character shown up.

I'll find a different Chapter and work on something.

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #23 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-06-15, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

No idea whats going on, talking with Reaver at the moment to figure out why peoples posts arent showing.

Already, you exalt me for my triumphs, When I ask only that you remember me for my treacheries

If you wish to grow wise, learn why brothers betray brothers. - Khyron, First Grand Master of the Eighth Brotherhood.

post #24 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-06-15, 09:33 PM

LordNecross's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan4559 View Post
No idea whats going on, talking with Reaver at the moment to figure out why peoples posts arent showing.
I think since its his first post. Its hidden till approved.

post #25 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-06-15, 11:01 PM

Boxagonapus's Flag is: USA

Name: Serafeim Pyrrhos

Chapter of Origin: Salamander

Type of Marine: Devastator Veteran Sergeant

Personality: Common among Salamander marines is a generally friendly demeanor willing to lend a hand where possible and seeing himself as something of a shepherd to younger souls. He's the embodiment of quiet persistence to the point of obstinance taking a good amount of time to chew on a topic before committing to the path but when set few have ever moved him for better or worse. Generally his common sense has proved accurate allowing his long lived tenure within the XVIIIth chapter.

In battle Serafeim is loud and raucous bellowing taunts and litanies of hatred towards his foe matched only by the firepower his preference for wargear affords him almost the same way a sportsman would jest with a fellow competitor. While not as obnoxious as a Space Wolf his outgoing disposition has worn on others in the past. That doesn't take away from his dedication and his reputation for pushing completely unassisted is well known. More recently he's fallen under a degree of self-doubt and will withdraw from others preferring to work at his forge hoping to steel his own soul for battle.

Physical Appearance: The Salamander is an anchor standing much shorter than the average marine with a body so wide as to rival that of tactical dreadnought armor. His skin, typical of Salamanders is black as the void with glowing eyes like two burning embers red and menacing along with a bald head, a wide pronounced nose, and full lips. His body is littered with several scars from burns and more slashes more specifically slash marks typical of Tyranid claws and Eldar blades along with brand marks.

More importantly are the brands dotting the marine's body consistent with Hero Marking common among the Salamanders including: the first brand he received on induction into the chapter, the brand of his assignment within the 3rd company as brother devastator marine, the dubious brand of Ymgarl moons, and his personally very esteemed brand in assisting Forgefather He'stan recover the gauntlet of the Forge. There are two brands of considerable note to the Salamander, the first is a very intricate brand on the back of his left hand and a Twisted gnarl looking like smoke over his first heart.

Background: The planet Nocturne is a very dangerous place made unique by the relationship that the Salamanders have with those on the planet. Serafeim was born on the planet and apprenticed under, then sergeant, Adrax Agatone who instructed him in the ways of the forge along with several other young boys of Nocturnes. The boy offered a degree of skill and zeal to be like the Salamander above average and Adrax felt the urge to push him to be selected for service in the chapter. The sergeant brought the young boy before the scrutinous eyes of an apothecary and chaplain as a test of both his body and spirit and finding both adequate accepted Serafeim. Serafeim excelled in the training process even claiming a great salamander as his own to complete the trials much like Vulkan in ages before him.

Following the induction Serafeim was selected for the third company where his years as a neophyte proved unspectacular and he was quickly selected to be an honored Devastator bringing mobile heavy weapons to the fight. He assisted in the purging of several ork infestations and participated in the later stages of the Purging of the Moons of Ymgarl. The devastator was sergeant of a squad of the auxiliary services maintaining a foothold on the surface while the terminators delved deeper into the moon to eradicate the infestation. His last truly notable campaign was his involvement in Forgefather He'stan's pursuit of the Gauntlet of the Forge, one of the nine artefacts of Vulkan. His own company was contacted for their proximity to the Forgefather and they led a campaign against Eldar pirate Iath Bloodweaver bathing countless Eldar in Promethium flame leading up to the claim of the Gauntlet.

The fall of Serafeim was not a pleasant one. In his final service to the Salamander before his Seconding to the Death Watch was against another Ork warhost. He had reasoned that a hard wedge pushed into the Ork lines would be plenty and drove his forces into the breach despite others advice and orders. This action cost the lives of almost all of his own host and 100% fatality rate of their adjoined Imperial Guard attachment. His resolve had been cracked and he questioned himself. Despite the common practice of the Burning Walk Serafeim chose instead to count himself among the Deathwatch to steel his own resolve. Despite being one of the more veteran in the kill team he himself is not the squad leader having chosen to humble himself.

Armour Appearance: A magnificent set of armor tailored specifically for Serafeim. The artificer suit is covered in fire iconography carefully etched into the ceramite along the limbs of the suit as though engulfed in flames, the chest bears the aquila with a dragon's skull at the center. Finally the helmet itself is patterned after the Mark V Heresy era armor with a dragon skin pattern over the surface of the helmet. There are no purity seals that are so prevalent among Astartes on his suit as they've simply burned away and have never been replaced. The only overt show in the armor is the suit's powerpack resembling two serpents mouths open and jutting out adjacent with his shoulders. The armor is bulky and heavy even for Astartes power armor eschewing speed for pure strength and even features the gorget of the Mk VIII and finally culminating in a brazen orange dragon head on a black background on his left pauldron.

Weapons and Equipment: backpack fed modified Astartes flamer patterned after Surtur's Breath burning with a unique propellant that both extends the range and burns with a brilliant ultraviolet flame that scares and inspires. A combat knife, bolt pistol, melta bombs, and frag/krak grenades

Modified for Flamer

If you need to get a hold of me my Skype is zhnthebox

Last edited by Boxagonapus; 04-25-15 at 10:52 PM.
post #26 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-07-15, 07:40 AM

KingAelle's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan4559 View Post
Only just seen your post KingAlle, it looks goof save for the following things:

You will need to wear a helmet especially if you end up on a space hulk and other hostile environments.

Your elk hide will compromise your stealth capabilities of your armour as it doesnt have the armour itself has when its repainted black.

Thats all i can think of for now. and welcome to Heresy
It probably took a while to show up due to me being a new member.

Helmet - I'm sure I can compromise on the helmet, especially if we're entering Space Hulks and the like.

Cloak - As my character description points out, Valfar rushes his foes and doesn't really know the meaning of stealth or subtlety.
post #27 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-07-15, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Box now added to accepted character list.

Krymson: add 1 more paragraph to your personality and you will be good to go.

KingAlle: Let me know when you've made the changes i requested then ill look at your sheet again.

Lord Necross: Feel free to sign up, im liking the interest in this as we may actually have a full 10 man squad.

Dark Angel: You got my pm earlier, roll with another wolf if you wish or go with something else entirely you can have my skype/msn if you want and we can talk on there or discuss your character over pms.

Angel of Blood: Let me know how its going mate as i know you were stuck on which chapter to go for.

post #28 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-07-15, 12:35 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Son of Ithaka from me
post #29 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-07-15, 04:08 PM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

If you haven't hit 10 in the next couple of days I'll try to get a character up. Got an idea, just need time to write it up.
post #30 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-07-15, 04:18 PM

Boxagonapus's Flag is: USA

For the record we have neither a librarian or a tech marine. If worse comes to absolute worst my character could probably double duty as a mini tech marine.

If you need to get a hold of me my Skype is zhnthebox

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode