[Recruitment] The Emperor Protects - A Survival Horror RP - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-18-15, 09:11 PM

On the bright side kanis gabe would hold you in high regard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-18-15, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses1 View Post
It appears not, but I have a feeling they won't be discussing it much ^^
I would take the opportunity to remind you that character interaction is what the main purpose of this RP is, not fighting massive battles. It'll be about how you interact with one another and the choices you make to survive which may or may not work as well as you hope. You may discover what's going on, you might forge a band of lower hive militia, or you might just live to see another day. So you may well find that you do get to discuss that kind of stuff.

On a related not, Ulysses I'm not keen on how far Mikhail has traveled abroad. The purpose of having a vocation is to give you a limited skill set. From reading your profile, your character has military training, the technical and argueably expertise to maintain a bionic limb (however rudimentary it may be. I don't get the impression it's a peg leg) as well as the technical skill set of a munitions worker. Either be a munitions worker, or you can be a PDF trooper who is past his prime who is mostly relegated but you can't be both. Or you could pick a different profession entirely.

If you want you character to have military experience I would prefer it to be something local, like battle against the Underhive gangs. You can still have him having lost a limb, but I struggle with him being able to maintain it. Besides, the prospect of his limb deteriorating would at a weakness rather than old age.

I also don't get much of a feeling of who Mikhail is. Does he long for the glory days of fighting, or is he glad his life isn't at so much risk daily? Does he not speak to people by choice or because he's shy/anxious from his previous experiences and doesn't want to get close to people. All I really know about him is that he doesn't like 'fools' ore religious folks and cant take hits like a champ.

This is not me saying no, since I've critiqued other characters who are now accepted, but I'd like to see some edits. I look forward to seeing what you come up with

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
post #33 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-18-15, 10:35 PM

He left his +3 inv at home ;) only kidding can't wait for this to kick off it's gonna be more epic than my first kinder egg

post #34 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-19-15, 11:05 AM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

Name: Pieter Hark

Sex: Male

Vocation: Power Station Worker

Appearance: Pieter is 5' 9" tall. He has short hair, prematurely greyed and thinning all over. His skin has an unhealthy greyish hue and appears thin and lifeless. His face is drawn and creased, especially around his eyes and forehead. His left cheek is branded with the crest of the Tech-Guild he works for. A life of heavy manual work has had mixed effects on his body. On one hand he is fairly strong and seemingly muscular. However, the continued stresses, along with poor living conditions and malnutrition have had long term effects on his structure. He is generally stiff and constantly sore. He has a constant hunch and often limps.

His only attire is a set of heavy drab grey overalls that scrunch and rub when he moves. Underneath he wears a light vest that was once white but it now coated in layers of dust, sweat and oil. He has a pair of heavy black work boots.

Personality: Pieter is a quiet and simple man. He is socially awkward and has trouble communicating. He is emotionally stunted to the point of being a sociopath. However, his low intelligence means he in no way as dangerous as the term often implies. For most of his life he has been depressed. The only reason he had not committed suicide is because he had no concept of it. Death was something that occurred while working, he had no knowledge of it happening any other way.

Now he believes himself to be blessed (see History below). This has greatly improved his outlook on life but has done nothing to improve his social skills. The few time he spoke with other people at the power plant they all knew the same things he did. He therefore expects everyone to know the same things he does. He expects people to know about things that have happened to him that they could have no knowledge of and gets confused when they do not. He then finds it hard to explain the events and starts to doubt them.

He in singular in his purpose of discovering his destiny with little regard for the lives of others unless he believes they can help him achieve his goals.

History: Pieter is an indentured servant, the son of indentured servants. He was named optimistically after Saint Pieter the Merciful, a figure once said to have provided comfort and benediction to the worlds most downtrodden people. From birth he was raised by Guild appointed carers while his parents worked every day in the same power plant that Pieter would also go on to work in. This meant he was never really close to his parents and there were few other children around for him to befriend. He was given very little in the way of traditional education, only learning basic literacy and numeracy. The majority of his education was given over to fulfilling the role in the power station that had been assigned to him at birth. Pieter began full time work at the age of 12.

Both of his parents would go on to die at their posts, his father first when Pieter was 19, his mother four years later. He did not cry for either of them.

Pieter's life would always be grey and lifeless. He was assigned a room by the guild, only large enough to hold a bed, a toilet and a small cabinet. This would be his home for the rest of his life. Everyday he would wake up, say his prayers and prepare for work. He would make his way to the power station with thousands of other indentured servants like himself. Few of them looked at each other. Fewer still spoke. He would work a minimum of 16 hours a day with only minutes to eat and drink in the middle of the day. After his shift he would eat one last meal in silence with his colleagues, go to evening mass, then return to his room to sleep before repeating it the next day.

Pieter was working when the event occurred. The power in the plant went out at it took several moments for him to even notice anything had happened. It was the first scream of a dying working that brought him out of the trance like state he entered while ministering to his duties. Then there were more screams. As his eyes adjusted to the low light he saw the bodies around him. Rather than run or hide for his life, Pieter stood still and waited for death. It never came.

As the screams ended Pieter found himself alone and unharmed amongst the dead. The sole survivor of a massacre that had now destroyed everything he knew. In this moment Pieter decided that he was blessed, that he had been protected from harm by the distant Emperor. This meant that he must have a destiny, a greater purpose that he was meant for and greater things that he would achieve. He stepped over the bodies of his colleagues and masters, the first steps he had ever taken of his own free will and stepped out into the city. This was the happiest day of Pieter's life.

He now wanders the Hive looking for signs of what the Emperor needs of him.

Equipment: Insulated gloves, purified water, battery pack, copy of the Lectitio Divinitatus.
post #35 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-20-15, 01:03 PM

the_barwn's Flag is: Great Britain

Hi, sorry I have not been able to adjust the character I submitted but things have gone to busier than I expected at the moment so I would not be able to give the required attention to participate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
"Hey! I just made a full suit of tactical dreadnought armour!"

"Cool! Does it work?"

"Well, my virginity now has a 2+ invulnerable save so yeah, kinda did "
post #36 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-20-15, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

That's fine barwn, thanks for letting me know. I hope your endeavors elsewhere go well.

Asamodai, I like Pieter a lot. Certainly an interesting character to be sure. He's in.

Ulysses I'm waiting on you to let me know if you have/will edit your character. Hopefully this will go live some time over the weekend so you (and anyone else looking to join) had a couple of days to post/edit characters if you want to be included in the first post.

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Quote:
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
post #37 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-20-15, 02:58 PM

Deus Mortis, you raise some good points, stuff I really should have consider to be totally Frank. Looking over the character sheet everything you said has become apparent and I feel rather silly having not done an adequate job.

over the weekend (most likely Saturday) I'll put up a new character sheet, I'll have brainstormed a new character by then. However I think I'll stick with the old-guy-who-has-seen-better days theme.
post #38 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-24-15, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

The action thread is now live! The next update will be on 9/3/15 and I expect to see your posts by then. I hope you all enjoy this RP, because I'm really looking forward to it

Two things for you to bear in mind. All of you are in need of something. You will find whatever it is you need, but not much of it. What not much constitutes as I leave to your discretion but I'll let you know if it's too much. How you find what you need will provoke reactions/interactions from things around you, and each way of doing things has a different outcome.

Second is that with the exception of Kirai and Samuel, you are all alone right now. How you play your characters will determine whether they stay that way or find others. These others might not be other player characters or they might be. The nice thing is that this story is about individuals so it is entirely possible for your characters to never meet, or meet as friends or as hostile scavengers fighting one another. These choices are yours to make.

If you have any question PM me and I'll do my best to guide you. To all survivors, good luck and may the Emperor protect you!

Quote:
post #39 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-24-15, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Also, just to clarify, you can feel free to post more than once in between updates. I just would like 1 post per update minimum.

Quote:
post #40 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-26-15, 11:49 AM
Mad as a sack of Squigs

Ratvan's Flag is: England

@Deus Mortis . When searching for food/water etc will you be telling us what we find and how much or is it left to us?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode