[Recruitment] The Emperor Protects - A Survival Horror RP - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-12-15, 11:09 AM

Lord Ramo's Flag is: England

I'll throw up a character later man if thats ok

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-12-15, 12:03 PM
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!

komanko's Flag is: Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratvan View Post
Hate to nick pick but her name is Kirai
Did I get it wrong somewhere? Might be an autocorrect I dunno. Show me where :D
post #13 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-12-15, 12:15 PM
Mad as a sack of Squigs

Ratvan's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by komanko View Post
Did I get it wrong somewhere? Might be an autocorrect I dunno. Show me where :D
No mate was Deus but have been sorted now

post #14 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-12-15, 03:55 PM

Added a few things on my dinner at work
post #15 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-13-15, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Samuel and Gabriel are both accepted.

However, for the record the RP takes place in the Lower Hive. The Underhive is a separate level below where you guys are and its unlikely that there is much mobility between the levels. Basically if all of you could change references to Underhive to Lower Hive I'd be grateful.

Horatio, my problem is that your character reads like he still lives a normal life, interacting with merchants and stuff. The hive city has been decimated. There are, currently, mostly only isolated survivors. There are groups of a couple of people, and you might encounter larger groups later in the RP but at this stage you will be either alone or with one or two people at best. Basically I need you to rework your character to reflect that before I offer any more suggestions.

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
post #16 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-13-15, 08:21 PM

Awesome can't wait
post #17 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-13-15, 09:31 PM
Shadow's Fury's Flag is: United Kingdom

This seems pretty awesome! Would love to throw my hat in if you'd have me:

Kanis Strike

Sex: Male

Appearance:
Kanis is 6ft and is incredibly muscular for one who has devoted himself to spread the word of the Holy Emperor. His body is covered from his shoulders down to his ankles in tattoos, displaying phrases from the Lectitio Diviniatus or images of holy relics. His forehead bares the mark of the Aquilia, branded onto his face the night he turned from his sinful ways. His body is shaved, giving his pale skin a shimmering effect when he passes under the remaining lights of the city. Although his face bears the wrinkles of age, his eyes burn with determination, a fire which does not seem to want to be extinguished yet. Although not noticeable at first, Kanis has had his tongue removed, meaning that he is mute.
He still wears his red abbey robes, but open so that they do not restrict his legs when running. Underneath his robes he wears a vest and (for decencies sake) combat trousers which are covered in secret compartments, a relic from his past. His thin soled shoes have been replaced with thick leather boots, a far more practical choice when traversing the dangerous terrain that makes up the last of the lower hive.

Personality:
Before he was inducted into the imperial cult, Kanis was a charismatic person. Those who knew him would always remark on how friendly he was, that is until they found him rooting through their pockets. Kanis was and still is a kleptomaniac, stealing items and hording them away in his secret hiding spots around the hive. Also, those who found themselves in his company for long periods found themselves slightly unnerved by the way he would talk to himself under his breath, as if conversing with a seemingly invisible companion. He would be halfway through a sentence when suddenly he would begin muttering to himself about something completely different. Those with medical training put this down to schizophrenia, potentially in response to some unknown childhood trauma.
His time within the cult has not changed Kanis much, but the loss of his tongue indeed affected his charismatic nature. He became more solemn, not being against company as such, but not seeking it either. His kleptomania was still present however, with many of his fellows seeking him out when something of value had gone missing. And although no one now could tell, Kanis still conversed with the voices in his head, but through thought rather than words. What changed most for Kanis was that he found his humility. He found himself no longer looking down on people, and saw the value in helping others, something which he had regarded as foolish as a young adult. He found that his fears of the dark underbelly of the city melted away as he took upon himself to pass on the word of the Emperor, through the medium of pamphets and vox recordings of the prophets. This is not to say he is a man of no fear however, but the light of Emperor can banish the feeling of fear or doubt for a short period, as can the caress of a knife, which he holds close to hand when he visited those sinister places. His faith in the Emperor is strong, but not as strong as his faith in the knife. But of all things, Kanis fears not the dark, but the light. Fire has always frightened him, even as a small child. He sees no comfort in the warmth and light it brings, but sees it as a dangerous and deadly weapon who uses its allure to ensnare and feed its insatiable hunger.

History:
The story of Kanis begins as many do in the lower Hive. His parents were merchants, scraping a living from their wares. At the age of 5 he witnessed his parent’s brutal murder at the hands of a small gang known as the “Stompers”. He watched in horror as the gang broke their legs and then set them on fire, still screaming out for help. Kanis fled the scene, hiding himself away in any nook or cranny he could find. He scavenged what he could by pickpocketing passers-by and stealing from the market stalls. Whatever he could not eat or drink he stored in his hiding spots. By the age of 7 Kanis had become a well renowned sneak thief, and was finally caught red-handed by a merchant of the name of Dagon. Before swift punishment could be dealt, Kanis struck a bargain with the merchant, he would “acquire” trinkets for him to sell in exchange for food and shelter. Impressed with the boy, Dagon accepted, and so began a 5 year partnership, the boy providing wares while the man kept them both alive. Kanis had developed a silver tongue over the years, providing him a weapon to defuse any tricky situation while being able to con anyone out of their hard earned money. This ability however came with a curse, the voices in his head. He found that he had the ability to make people do whatever he wanted simply using his words, but those same words came back to haunt him in the dark hours of night. Over time they became so strong that he could hear them during the day, just as he was about to clench a deal. They consistently pestered him, sometimes simply remarking on the person he was talking to, other times screaming that he must slaughter all those who stood before him. Eventually he learnt that the best way to stop the voices was to just keep talking. His life seemed to get increasing better, until Dagon turned on him. A gang who Kanis had dealt with realised they had been tricked, and tortured Dagon until he gave up the whereabouts of Kanis. That would have been the end of him had a priest not walked the streets that day, preaching the word of the Emperor. The gang had left Kanis to die in a puddle of his own blood, his ‘silver tongue’ removed and nailed into the wall. The priest took him back to his coven and nursed him back to health, giving him the opportunity to repent his sinful ways and to be bathed in the light of the Emperor. Having no friends and with enemies still roaming the streets, he decided that he had little choice. For the next 15 years Kanis devoted himself to the Emperor and the teachings of the Lectitio Divinitatus. Although he could not speak, it was clear to see that Kanis preached the word by his actions. The voices which had clouded his thoughts seemed to disappear into the background as he served in the abbey. Although he could not afford an operation to return his voice, he was given a servo skull with a speaker and a small dataslate. Apparently, the skull was used on days when the speaking priest had lost his voice due to illness, allowing him to still preach the word. Kanis was able to communicate through the skull by writing his words onto the screen of the dataslate, but this was far from accurate, meaning that he was never asked to speak at sermons in fear of him butchering the words.
On the eve of “the event”, Kanis had a vision. He was awoken to a blinding light. A voice unlike any he had heard spoke to him, saying that his devotion to the Emperor had not gone unnoticed. It told him of a horror which would descend upon the unfaithful, and when the time came for him to be tested, he must stand strong against the darkness. When “the event” occurred, Kanis found himself alone in the abbey, deserted by those who would call themselves the Emperors faithful. He tried to speak out through his skull, but no reply was heard. He gathered what he could scrounge and set off into the darkness, seeking to help those who remained faithful to the Emperor and await the time of ending. However, the voices have begun to stir again, and this time they shall not be silenced so easily.

Equipment:
Copy of Lectitio Divinitatus
Knife
Rebreather
Medical Kit

Last edited by Shadow's Fury; 02-15-15 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Spell check
post #18 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-13-15, 11:44 PM
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!

komanko's Flag is: Israel

Done. This RP shall mark my return to glory!
post #19 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-13-15, 11:50 PM
Sharukurusu's Flag is: USA

Name:Callista Santigue- Goes by Cally.

Sex: Female

Vocation: Munitions Manufactorum Worker

Appearance: Lithe, scrawny, or even effeminate didn't suit this girl well. She was of hardy build from her years of labor down in the furnace areas. Sure, some of her looks came from genetics. Cally had her mother's light blond hair, her father's gray eyes. Her general frame was liken to both of them. Standing short at five feet even and managing a healthy one hundred and sixty pounds she was suited to her work. Being a creature nearly native to the Kiln area – the massive crucibles and furnaces of molten metals kept her skin pale, thanks to the heat resistant suiting she was always in for hours upon hours.
Cally had little fat on her body, possessing a taut core, arms and legs packed with tight, corded muscle that lacked her male counter-part's bulk. She was missing half of her right pinky finger thanks to a mistake years ago. Her only decorations lay on her head, in the form of a small ring hanging from her nose in the middle, and her long hair bound up in a messy bun. The sides and back of her head were shaven close, as if someone had allowed a high and tight to go completely astray on top.
Cally typically wore a full set of fire-resistant gear issued to her by the Manufactorum. On the onset of the Event and even in the time after the first and worst of it, pieces have been lost. She holds tight to the thick pants she has left over. Suspenders attach at the waist and a clipped belt ensures they don't fall due to their weight. The heavy, matching coat was lost along the way. Her issued boots and gloves went astray as well, but she has since replaced them with inferior versions she's tracked down. On her upper body she wears a plain black long-sleeved shirt with a high neck, red suspenders sticking out like a sore thumb on the shoulders.
On her back she carries a blackened leather-esque bag. It's mostly empty right now.

Personality: Quiet, in a single word. As a child she was more talkative and bright, but this dampened down over her years of growth as her parents were never in much of a playfull mood after their own shifts in the Manufactorum. They did instill in her a sense of tradition for their collective craft. She took great pride in this before hell broke loose. Now? She uses it as a measure of solace. Quiet she may be, she is no sheep and will bite even the hand that feeds her if ends cannot be met out otherwise. Her expression is typically one of deep thoughtfulness, with lips seeming curled down at the corners more often than not. She prefers working in a team to flying solo and tends to people-seek when the situation permits. Able to react swiftly and with some bit of cunning tends to make her avoid conflict. She shows no shame in needing to run these days, as picking a fight wisely over behaving on impulse has saved her skin in the Kilns, and likely saved her up till this point.

History: As a younger child she was taught and watched enough to learn to care for herself as much as her age allowed so both parents could work. This gave her self-reliance from early on. Upon turning thirteen she was brought to the Manufactorum off and on when it was allowed to begin her training early in Metallurgy, and was passable with it. Her natural talents lay more in a control or safety capacity. While she learned and soaked up every alloy she could get her little hands on she fell so much more passionately for the force purifying these elements; the fire itself.
She was trained and assigned by sixteen and spent her long hours hearing out each story or tid-bit she could from her seniors. This got her the assignment she wanted by twenty. She tended, fed, and tamed the fires inside the massive Kilns of the Manufactorum, and took great pride in it. “The Adeptus Astartes might fire them.. But I feed the fires that birth the molten metal of their Bolter rounds.” Some thing her father said that stuck with her. She never could come up with a short-hand version to ink on her body, else she'd have done it.
Her days melted into the same pot, working with her brethren around the Kilns, able to preform complex tasks without talking to one another – everyone knew what had to be done and when. Even if a hose or gas line got out of control, measures were practiced and known. These drills were enacted mostly without true harm being done. This continued right up until the power failed and the hot glow of the Kiln remained, fed by remaining heat.
She hated remembering what evacuation – or mass exodus – happened from her area of the massive complex. Without power and feeding lines it was too dangerous to remain around the Kilns, thus she ran. Straight home to find no one there, but thankfully no corpses either. She did return to the Manufactorum after the worst seemed over, but stayed away from the Kiln area due to the possibility of lingering hazards still.

Equipment: Rebreather, Insulated Gloves and Boots, Fire-starter

[Very rusty to Forum-RP format, and I'm new to this forum and such... So I do apologize if it's derpy. :/]
post #20 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-15-15, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Kanis Strike is accepted. Very nice character Shadow!

Sharukurusu I'll give your character a look over. We are one more player away from being able to make a start on this. However, if there is continued interest I might delay the start of this to allow others to sign up. However, the bonus or an RP like this is that it's quite easy for individual survivors to join later on.

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode