Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

A Lesson in Ork Piracy

[Recruitment] 
2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Newbie-202 
#1 · (Edited)
Story:

A Dauntless class Light Cruiser has been spat out of the Warp, after disappearing off the face of the Imperial map, drifting helplessly through space as it's non-Warp engines have all but been destroyed by the ravages of the Immaterium. But due to its remote location, far from the Light of the Astronomicon, no other Imperial ships have been sent to find out what has become of it, leaving it to helplessly float there in the inky darkness. Despite this however, its beacon occasionally sends out a weak pin in the vague hope of being discovered, like a small ripple in a never ending sea. But sometimes small ripples on the surface can attract bigger fishes from the depths, and as an Ork ships pulls along side the lifeless hulk, these pirates are about to get a first hand look at what the Warp can offer them.

Setting:

Your Ork Warboss has detected a ship on his sensors and, upon closer inspection, has decided he wants to do some looting. The ship seems fairly intact, no guns or large sections of hull torn off, so it gets the Boss's head itching as to why someone would just blow up the engines and leave perfectly good scrap. While our Warboss may not be the brightest bolter in the arsenal, he knows something's up, so rather than sending his boys across and end up getting ambushed by Humies who were in the middle of repairs, he decides to send a small team instead. You and a team of undecided size has been ordered to board the Humy ship, take a little lookise and report back with your findings.

Rules:

No Mecs or vehicles allowed, while they could fit in there, I don't really think the Warboss would send his bigger units to search a ship.

No Godmodding, if you ain't smart enough to come up with a valid response then don't bother writing one at all.

A paragraph is the bare minimum I want. Four or five sentences telling me what your characters doing, I'm not looking for huge posts telling me how exactly your Ork managed to cut someone's guts out with a toothpick, but any flavour text is appreciated though.

Two posts between updates if you can manage, but one will do if it gets too time consuming for you.

Have fun, I'm looking to gain some experience as a GM and provide you with a fun little adventure while doing it.

Classes:

Gretchins, your basic little goblin with a tendency to get the ever-living shit kicked out of them by Orks.

Wargear: Knife, Grot Blasta, Stikka-Bombs, Firey Stikka-Bombs or looted Melta-Bombs.

Boyz, the meat of any Ork assault worth it's salt.

Wargear: Stikka-Bombs, Shoota, Big Shoota, Slugga, Choppa, Mace/Flail and other blunt force weapons.

Nobz, those really big guys who'll hold casual conversation with you while tearing apart Guardsmen.

Wargear: Choppa, Big Choppa, Shoota, Big Shoota, Twin-Link Shoota, Power Klawz or a Big ol' Hammer.

Character Sheet

Name: (Duh)

Description: (I also want this to include your armour or lack there of if you prefer)

Background: (Was your Ork born into a warrior tribe and picked up by the Warboss or did some other turn of events bring you aboard his ship?)

Personality: (Is he mean, nasty and overall unpleasant to be around, or is he really just a big ol' teddy bear with rockets strapped to his shoulders?)

Wargear: (Will he go your standard Shoota and Choppa, or will he try something fancy with the Big Shoota and grenades tied to his chest?)

Notes:

This is my first Ever Warhammer Rp, so please ridicule the shit out of me if you see anything out of place.

Updates will normally take place every Monday, but I will update if I see that everyone has posted twice before the allotted day.

Again, first Rp with this canon and my first attempt at being a GM actually, here's hoping I don't do terribly.

See less See more
#2 ·
A Dauntless class Light Cruiser has been spat out of the Warp, after disappearing off the face of the Imperial map, drifting helplessly through space as it's engines have all but been destroyed by the ravages of the Immaterium.
How is that even possible? DDid the ships geller field fail and allow the denizens of the warp to wreak havoc on the ship? And is it the warp engines or regular engines that were damaged or both? Because if the warp engines were damaged then how did the ship make it back to realspace?

But due to its remote location, far from the Emperor's reach,
You don't need much more after this honestly, assuming you mean beyond the light of the astronomicon (it fits with what your going for since Imperial ships are hard pressed to navigate without that.)

he knows somethings up when he is allowed to pull his ship right along side the other craft without taking a single shell.
Why? Ships go missing or suffer a terrible fate that renders them hulks fairly often, its a big galaxy after all. Its just another dead ship ripe for looting or a good scrap.

No Mecs or vehicles allowed, these are halls of a ship after all, not an open battle field.
Ships in 40k are quite large, in fact everything is. It wouldn't be all to surprising if you were able to drive a tank down the central spine corridor of a cruiser.

A paragraph is the bare minimum I want, I'm not looking for huge posts telling me how exactly your Ork managed to cut someone's guts out with a toothpick, but any flavour text is appreciated though.
Yeah..you do understand how vague the size of a paragraph is right? Are you looking for four sentences (the minimum allowed in this sub forum regardless), five, ten, or twenty?

Just a bit of a nit pick, its shoota not shotta.

This is assuming Orks can count, and then that such a concept as age actually matters (which it doesn't to Orks.) I'd suggest just removing it.

#3 · (Edited)
That was fast, I thought threads would have to be up for a week or so before getting any kind of response. Anywho, onto question answering!

How is that even possible? DDid the ships geller field fail and allow the denizens of the warp to wreak havoc on the ship? And is it the warp engines or regular engines that were damaged or both? Because if the warp engines were damaged then how did the ship make it back to realspace?
The power generators for the geller field were blown up, probably thanks to a heretic Guardsman planting a few Melta-Bombs.

The normal engines were damaged and the remaining crew pulled out of the Warp before the other engines were destroyed, and then the power genys were wrecked from forces I'd rather keep secret for the time being.

You don't need much more after this honestly, assuming you mean beyond the light of the astronomicon (it fits with what your going for since Imperial ships are hard pressed to navigate without that.)
I was trying to increase the overall size of the story part of the post, seemed a little small to me.

Why? Ships go missing or suffer a terrible fate that renders them hulks fairly often, its a big galaxy after all. Its just another dead ship ripe for looting or a good scrap.
True, but I was just trying to give incentive for the Boss to send a squad over.

Ships in 40k are quite large, in fact everything is. It wouldn't be all to surprising if you were able to drive a tank down the central spine corridor of a cruiser
Didn't know that, well I did but I didn't think tanks would be able to fit in anything other than the hanger.

Yeah..you do understand how vague the size of a paragraph is right? Are you looking for four sentences (the minimum allowed in this sub forum regardless), five, ten, or twenty?

Just a bit of a nit pick, its shoota not shotta
I'll edit to be more precise, and the site where I got the weapons list from called them, ''Shottas'' I'll edit.

This is assuming Orks can count, and then that such a concept as age actually matters (which it doesn't to Orks.) I'd suggest just removing it.
Going to.

#4 ·
hmm i would really like to join, but you are a brand new member, and quite alot of people join here, post like 10 posts and never come back.

will you be able to take on the task? i tried once but school just got in the way,

i would really like you to stick to this

im in

i will write my thing up soon

#5 ·
School is no issue for me, I have plenty of spare time to invest in this. So do not threat about me skipping out on you guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.