Interest Check: The Korps and the WAAAAAAAAGH!!! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-04-14, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Default Interest Check: The Korps and the WAAAAAAAAGH!!!

So guys, this is blasphemy, but we all know the Guard is better than the Space Marines, so I am going to make an rp about them. You will most likely be Death Korps of Krieg, and you will probably be fighting the biggest WAAAGH!!!! Ever assembled. I know this happened on Armageddon already, but I'll steal it for the shear use of Torturing you. If we get good activity etc etc we might even let you fight a little bit of chaos. So who's in? Remember no space marines. Although there might be some Navy positions and you will get to be in the amazingly cool Death Korps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-04-14, 11:12 PM
Irn Bru 32!

Nacho libre's Flag is: Scotland

fuck it!!!..... Count me in!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-04-14, 11:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Honestly I don't see this working out, as cool as the Death Korps are theres very little character to them. I mean no name, no real defining features, adhere to orders with dogged strictness, and no overall comradeship; kinda like RPing a wall with a gun.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-05-14, 01:31 AM

LordNecross's Flag is: USA

Rping as an Ork that thinks he's a Krieger. There, lack of personality resolved.

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-05-14, 03:35 AM

Warhawk's Flag is: USA

Day 3,766 - Sat in trench. Light rain. No contact.

Day 5,980 - Sat in trench. Clear visibility. One enemy scout party eliminated.

Day 9,991 - Sat in trench. Victory procession at 0800.

Yeah... To be honest, Krieg has become cliched, and as darkreever pointed out there's no real 'character' to individuals in it. Furthermore, huge ork waaaghs are overdone as well. You put the two together and all you get is "blam blam blam," and effectively no other descriptions.

"There are old heretics and bold heretics, but there are no old, bold heretics. How do I know? Because I make sure of it myself."

Wing Commander Silo Barstad, Imperial Navy 3355th Fighter Wing
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-05-14, 07:35 AM Thread Starter

True. Okay, some cruelty. Who wants to play as the Savlar Chen Dogs? Or on a more serious note, the Iron guard mght be okay. Here is a better idea. YOU guys tell me what regiment is best. Considering I am only going to be saying how many were brutally murdered and what the enemy does in the update. As for the enemy, Tyranids? Or Eldar? Throw suggestions at me.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-05-14, 04:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Just about any regiment that isn't the Death Korps or similar would be good, since just about any other regiment doesn't act like robots. (Well Mordians and Cadians kind of, but not nearly to that level.)

And any enemy would really work, though keep in mind that 70% of most fights the Imperium deals with are from riots, cults, renegades, and the like, another 20% from Orks, and the rest from everything else.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-06-14, 12:40 AM
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

im in

it doesnt have to be a regiment of guard, it can be just a planetary defence force that is assembled to meet invaders of some kind, that way everyone has really unique characters (well more unique than that of a regiment- cause they were all civvies before this) and you can really go to town on your backstory

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bruva Alfabusa
"My first model had so many layers of paint, that an excavation team could probably find fossils in it".
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-06-14, 02:13 AM

Boxagonapus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPr1est View Post
im in

it doesnt have to be a regiment of guard, it can be just a planetary defence force that is assembled to meet invaders of some kind, that way everyone has really unique characters (well more unique than that of a regiment- cause they were all civvies before this) and you can really go to town on your backstory

Might I request that the character app be incredibly simple for mass production of characters if that route goes? I might get it down to the point where I go through a character per post!

Anyway yeah the main problem with Kreig that whole fatalist mentality you get to the point where the posts are

dakka dakka dakka

1234: "Hey 1337 frag out."

1337: . . . "I'm hit"

1234 *shoots 1337 and takes equipment*

EDIT!

Oh yeah. Interested definitely

If you need to get a hold of me my Skype is zhnthebox
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-06-14, 03:40 AM

Warhawk's Flag is: USA

I might chip in as a faceless guardsman. Or if room permits, do a flyby as my beloved Imperial Navy fighter jock and then say a prayer for the poor damned boots on the ground.

"There are old heretics and bold heretics, but there are no old, bold heretics. How do I know? Because I make sure of it myself."

Wing Commander Silo Barstad, Imperial Navy 3355th Fighter Wing

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode