[Recruitment] Blood and Iron - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-14-14, 02:30 PM

Boxagonapus's Flag is: USA

No he was referring to me as I have an iron hands gene seed and am not from Olympia. Was an iron warrior from the getgo I just sorts drew the short straw from the medicae primus. It's a very normal size and I've never had a woman be disappointed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-15-14, 06:32 PM
visit roleplay threads!

unxpekted22's Flag is: USA

Name: Lugerev

Homeworld: Olympia

Geneseed: IVth Legion

Appearance: Lugerev has bronzed Olympian skin, with darkened sections on his scalp and face where his black hair used to grow. He has no cybernetic augmentations to his body, believing in fixing the flesh by means of his own line of work. His eyes are rather small, his pupils dark dots among the sclera. His cheekbones are like the ridges of a desert cliff. His neck is thick, but his jaw not so wide.

His armor is an Mk V Apoethcary variant. The right shoulder shows the Prime Helix in dark red, represented with a Iron Warriors skull over it, rather than the traditional. His left shoulder, and sections of his back unit showcase the black and yellow chevrons typically seen on the armor of the IV legionarries. His narthecium, helmet, and the rest of his back unit are all the same Iron color as the rest of his armor.

Weapons and equipment: Where his left hand serves to preserve life, his right is set to take it away. A wrist mounted bolter keep his fingers free to work on a dying brother. A long sword hangs at his waist, acting more like an elongated cleaver than a true sword. Its handle is a stretched out Iron Warrior skull, thinning at the mouth grill for the hand to grip. There is a bolt pistol typically maglocked to his right thigh, as well. The magazines for his pistol are beside the medical pouches at his waist. The wrist mounted bolter is belt fed into a section of his large back unit. The right side of this medical pack is modified for this. The left half reserves the typical room needed for gene seed storage and blood transfusion. On the top lay a searchlight and extra sensory devices that link to his helmets optics, which are enhanced for monitoring the physical status of his brothers both up close and from a distance.

Personality: Many in the XIX may be of the opinion that Lugerev is afflicted by a failing mind. Lugerev mistakes the present with the past almost constantly. His sense of time is random at best, often calling people by different names for instance. Fortunately, his medical abilities have never wavered. Astartes were built to have superior minds and a well developed acumen for a wide range of subjects. Their abilities to learn and retain memory are far greater than their average human counterparts. The events caused by the rebellion, and the time spent in the warp, are some of his brothers’ explanations for these lapses in thought processes. The circumstances the IV legion were thrown into before the Heresy, time and time again, saw more than a few of their minds begin to slip, though. His old self still comes to the fore at times. Most of the time, now, he is rather hard to follow.

He is unafraid to say his opinions, feeling his position allows this without any real repercussions. It is his belief, that a brute or savage warrior, is much easier to come across amongst the Astartes than a master apothecary. The XIX needs him alive, especially with the increasing need for gene seed preservation and implantation. He purposefully withholds certain knowledge from the other Apothecaries of the Grand Company. It is not clear whether or not he knows his mind is slipping, but by doing this he keeps himself a more valuable asset.

He despises any situation in which he has to use foreign geneseed for new recruits. He was, and still is, extremely proud to be an Olympian, a true Iron Warrior, one of Perturabo’s faithful sons. Though his long term memory is flawed, anything from before the Siege of Terra remains clear.

With his respect for flesh working, he admires Warmsith Pelegon’s adherence to keeping the Iron Warriors with him pure and untainted by the Warp. Lugerev was never fond of the chaotic, repulsive changes the Warp inflicted the ultimate human form with.

He greatly enjoys the freedom his position offers.

Background: Lugerev was well liked by nearly all of his brothers in the XIX Grand Company for quite a long time. He was level headed, competent in battle, and exceptional in his role. Most of all, he cared more than any other brother in the Medicae when a life was in his hands. This trait that many deemed a beneficial one, would ultimately be his mind’s undoing after the failure of Horus’s rebellion. Atypical of one of Perturabo’s sons, Lugerev felt deep scars beneath the ones in his flesh when he had to enact mercy-killings, or retrieve the gene-seed of one of his brothers. He knew all the brothers in his Grand Company. He was the first to see every new potential brother inspecting them for flaws. He knew their names and personalities throughout their lifetimes as Iron Warriors, and he was the last one to see each of them when their time was done. He made sure of it, whenever possible, to be the last to see the bodies before their caskets were sealed or remains burned.

Much of the time, from running against nigh impregnable walls so often, there would be nothing left to even call remains.

It was unfortunate for him, that he was part of the IV Legion. More of his brothers died in hammering wars of attrition than any other. They were a Legion abused, slaughtered for inglorious victories and rewarded with garrison duties. Lugerev, nearly everytime he left the confines of a ship, came back from the surface with overflowing amounts of retrieved gene-seed.

He had little issues rising the ranks of the Grand Company’s Medicae, and no issues whatsoever with siding with his Primarch over the Emperor. He became a seething monster when he brothers fell during the early stages of Horus’s plan. After the Siege of Terra had failed, and the further defeat at the Iron Cage, was when Lugerev’s personality had clearly, and profoundly changed. He was no longer a calm individual, no longer someone that people regularly sought for advice. He would conduct surgery, believing he was still working on someone that had died after a previous battle. He did away with his chainsword, and took up the simpler, yet sharper and denser blade he now carries. He found an enjoyment in killing he never had before, in hacking limbs clean off his enemies, and putting holes through their torsos. It no longer felt like it was simply his ‘job’ to do so.

He barely paid attention as Olympia was destroyed, and his Grand Company flew to Medrengard. He barely paid attention as his ‘pure’, ‘unbroken’ Grand Company became debased with the gene seed of other Legions. When his Primarch became a demon prince, so openly perverted by the powers of Chaos where he and his brothers tried to retain what they had been, it served only to confuse him further.

He is always glad when his Warsmith announces a leave of Medrengard once again, but is always reminded of the consequences that come with it when standing over his surgical tables. A sense of power floods him, knowing he holds the power to someone’s life in his hands, knowing he could choose to bring it back, or let it go. In this, he plays a much more significant role in the shaping of his Grand Company than perhaps many of his brothers have yet to realize.

You can never be prepared for the unexpected

Last edited by unxpekted22; 09-19-14 at 02:05 PM.
post #73 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-15-14, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Nol

That's a very interesting character. And with that we have our full complement of essentials, though there are still spaces for Captains 4-6 and 8-10.

Will get the Action thread up toward the end of the week.

post #74 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-15-14, 08:47 PM

LordNecross's Flag is: USA

I am guessing he would be the Medicae that found Adriun. How fitting.

post #75 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-19-14, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Nol

The action thread is now up. Let's make this a good one.
post #76 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-19-14, 06:32 PM

Looks to be interesting, will be the first RP of this type I have particpated in. Lots of writing, But I'll learn as I go.

post #77 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-19-14, 06:59 PM

Already posted as you've seen, will post again depending on Deus's or Dark Angels reply.

Already, you exalt me for my triumphs, When I ask only that you remember me for my treacheries

Victory is nothing more than survival.
It carries no weight of honour or worth beyond what we ascribe to it.
If you wish to grow wise, learn why brothers betray brothers. - Khyron, First Grand Master of the Eighth Brotherhood.
post #78 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-19-14, 07:12 PM

@Nol

Hey Can I customize how the Factorum and Forge look for Adriun, like its design and construction. I wanted to make it look fitting of the name Titan Breaker.

post #79 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-19-14, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Nol

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNecross View Post
@Nol

Hey Can I customize how the Factorum and Forge look for Adriun, like its design and construction. I wanted to make it look fitting of the name Titan Breaker.
It's your domain.
post #80 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-19-14, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nol View Post
It's your domain.
One last Question.

Workers. Besides Tech-marines and Servitors (Not including combat walkers and Servitors and machines)
wouldn't I also have Tech-Priests and Human servants? Not slaves but actual workers.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode