[Recruitment] Blood and Iron - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-14-14, 12:16 AM

LordNecross's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nol View Post
Don't know why they'd pick on you, you've got Iron Warrior gene-seed - lack of Olympia as birth world? But that's up to them.

Also accepted! Excellent character.
I wasn't born on their destroyed homeworld. So the purity will eventually end as all the old folks die off in combat.

Edit: Just a note I edited my character sheet a bit again, mostly to note the materials his armor is made out of, as a majority of it was reconstructed from materials from his titan kill, making it quite the potent set of armor.

Last edited by LordNecross; 09-14-14 at 12:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-14-14, 12:21 AM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

Iapetus, at least - I'm assuming Coeus feels the same - Doesn't like the fact that the Olympians are becoming a smaller and smaller faction in the Legion. He's trying to preserve them, gather them around him, and uphold the old ways. Arguably, Adriun and those of Olympian Gene-seed are more acceptable, but he's still not a massive fan. He can probably tolerate to be around you more than the thieving Night Lord. ;)

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #53 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-14-14, 02:03 AM

I would think first company would just keep any terminator arnor for themselves and kill off those who tried to abscond with it. Perhaps several thousand years ago there was a minor civil war between the two companies? Just seems strange that the 7th company would be allowed to swell so much in numvers and take terminator armor in large numbers

post #54 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-14-14, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krymson86 View Post
I would think first company would just keep any terminator arnor for themselves and kill off those who tried to abscond with it. Perhaps several thousand years ago there was a minor civil war between the two companies? Just seems strange that the 7th company would be allowed to swell so much in numvers and take terminator armor in large numbers
I don't doubt they wouldn't have been able to keep them, in large numbers at least. It also is a political thing that would threaten stability in the company. The Warsmith would no doubt want it handled promptly.

post #55 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-14-14, 02:09 AM

I'd discussed the Terminator Armour with Nol - And the larger numbers - Most of the Terminator Armour, as in, 90%, were already in use by the Seventh Company, as fits their role. The larger numbers, and the Terminator Armour, are due to their duties; since Coeus has came to command the Librarium, the vast majority of the Seventh Company never set foot on the ground - They are boarders, reavers, and spread out over more than one ship. Without the Terminator Armour, their efficiency would fall, and without the numbers, they wouldn't be able to police and board so many ships.

I thought, that during the transition of power, some of the old die-hards, like Iapetus and Coeus, would have slipped away somewhere. If the Tyranthikos turned coats so quickly, and killed brothers they'd fought with for upwards to two centuries, they definitely aren't the loyal Marines that Pelegon thinks so.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #56 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-14-14, 02:33 AM

I am pretty sure Marines can use Boarding Shields.

post #57 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-14-14, 02:44 AM

Again, just seems like a very divisive company to have still involved. I would think that also, the intent of tyranus' whole corronation of sorts was to enact the removal of those who would not follow him. He certainly wasn't going to just let weaker members of first company walk away with valuable assets such as terminator armor. The numbers i get being more fleet based, but the term armor and more specifically defecting from first company without penalty seems extremely unlikely. I.e. any looking to defect would be killed and raped with chainswords and their gear taken.
post #58 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-14-14, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark angel View Post
The remainder of the Marines, unknown hundreds, are made entirely of Breacher Squads and Dreadnoughts.
I never said that they couldn't. In fact, I said the complete opposite - That they could and did. The Company's composed uniquely; where other Companies will have Rhinos, Predators - So on and so forth - The Seventh lack them completely. Thus the higher amount of Marines and Terminators.

If Nol wants me to change the background, so there's no former Tyranthikos - Though, for the sake of the argument, they could have been reassigned to the Seventh Company before Krotas was killed - I will. I, however, cannot see them suddenly sitting down and accepting a new leader so easily, especially one who's just killed their Captain.

'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
post #59 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-14-14, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krymson86 View Post
Again, just seems like a very divisive company to have still involved. I would think that also, the intent of tyranus' whole corronation of sorts was to enact the removal of those who would not follow him. He certainly wasn't going to just let weaker members of first company walk away with valuable assets such as terminator armor. The numbers i get being more fleet based, but the term armor and more specifically defecting from first company without penalty seems extremely unlikely. I.e. any looking to defect would be killed and raped with chainswords and their gear taken.
It also seems dishonorable, if they held themselves so Highly they would just leave the armor.

Plus as for my mention of boarding shields, I do believe it would be more cost effective for boarding parties to use them instead, meaning they don't risk loss of Terminator armor, and would be more mobile traveling through the hallways of a ship.

It is also typically how Marines do boarding operations anyways, not every boarding action is like space hulk where you send a bunch of terminators in to handle the problem.

post #60 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-14-14, 03:05 AM

I don't think they would leave the armour, personally. I wouldn't leave the armour, were I them, to someone I neither liked or trusted.

Extermination supports the idea of Terminator and Breacher Squads being operated in unison- There's both Iron Warriors and Imperial Fists mentioned having them, and boarding with them. I'd say the idea of there being none is pretty preposterous; if you're boarding an Astartes cruiser that likely has Dreadnoughts, vehicles and Terminators, then you're going to be way outgunned. I'd say it's pretty standardised, at the time of the Heresy and amongst the Traitors, to have mixed Companies.

'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode