[Recruitment] Blood and Iron - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-08-14, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nol View Post

@The Warpsmith : I can't take a mercenary aboard a Grand Company, and that application is a bit lacking. I mean, "99% bionic, resembling a skeleton" isn't giving us a huge amount to go off. Other sections are also lacking in detail. Look at how beefy the other three apps are!
So no Mercs? Even tho the Iron Warriors are the originators of Obliterator units which are always Mercenaries every time no matter what? The description is easily enough to go on, it is a direct description, nothing can be added to it because it was all-encompassing in the sentence. And i added YOUR minimum required descriptions as per your OP so dont give me that "not enough info". This is a pre-existing character with tons of background already and i really dont enjoy re-writing the same stuff over and over again when it is unnecessary.

"Shackle the Soul and Forge the Flesh. Bind the Machine and Butcher the rest!"
40k Blog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-08-14, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Nol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Warpsmith View Post
So no Mercs? Even tho the Iron Warriors are the originators of Obliterator units which are always Mercenaries every time no matter what? The description is easily enough to go on, it is a direct description, nothing can be added to it because it was all-encompassing in the sentence. And i added YOUR minimum required descriptions as per your OP so dont give me that "not enough info". This is a pre-existing character with tons of background already and i really dont enjoy re-writing the same stuff over and over again when it is unnecessary.
If you don't feel that this RP is worthy of more effort, then feel free to leave. The XIXth don't use mercenary units - which yes, makes them a bit strange, but they emulate how they were before the Heresy.

The character is still not accepted. Also, Krymson, Boxagonapus and Necross, do you gentlemen have any pictures that you would like me to use for your avatars in the hierarchy tree?

Also I stand corrected, Necross.

Last edited by Nol; 09-08-14 at 04:46 PM.
post #13 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-08-14, 05:05 PM

You stated that the characters dont have to be originally from this company, but my character is still an Iron Warrior who works for any IW company or warband so how is that different to any Astartes from other Legions joining your company? Literally the title "freelancer" is the only thing making my character "not" just a drone of your army. And dont say "at least two paragraphs" when that isnt good enough. ALso you wnat me to describe how a skeleton looks? Is that what you wnat because that seems rather redundant considering i know of no civilized humans who do not know what a skeleton looks like

40k Blog

post #14 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-08-14, 05:39 PM
Senior Moderator

How about you respect the GM's wishes and do as he asks? This is, after all, his RP to run and not yours to run roughshod all over as you see fit.

Believe me, anyone who looks at that description would not accept it as enough by any margin.

But hey, if you think your going to argue with the GM and he will eventually back down to your demands than I'd recommend you walk away; because personally I wouldn't and I do advise Nol to do the same.

Quote:
And dont say "at least two paragraphs" when that isnt good enough.
Has it occured to you that Nol is reffering tothe rest of your character sheet? You know, the parts that are all only a single line at best.

Quote:
ALso you wnat me to describe how a skeleton looks? Is that what you wnat because that seems rather redundant considering i know of no civilized humans who do not know what a skeleton looks like
So, if someone were to assume the metal is coated in a bright yellow colour, he has a gimpy third arm, and a prehensile tail ending with a plush toy you don't see any problem? You've next to nothing on what he looks like; eye (or in this case lense) colour? Height? Bulk? Is his head nothing more than a dome?

Theres practically nothing here, so stop whining when the GM wants more and either do it or leave. Its either worth your time or not.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #15 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-08-14, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
How about you respect the GM's wishes and do as he asks? This is, after all, his RP to run and not yours to run roughshod all over as you see fit.

Believe me, anyone who looks at that description would not accept it as enough by any margin.

But hey, if you think your going to argue with the GM and he will eventually back down to your demands than I'd recommend you walk away; because personally I wouldn't and I do advise Nol to do the same.

Has it occured to you that Nol is reffering tothe rest of your character sheet? You know, the parts that are all only a single line at best.

So, if someone were to assume the metal is coated in a bright yellow colour, he has a gimpy third arm, and a prehensile tail ending with a plush toy you don't see any problem? You've next to nothing on what he looks like; eye (or in this case lense) colour? Height? Bulk? Is his head nothing more than a dome?

Theres practically nothing here, so stop whining when the GM wants more and either do it or leave. Its either worth your time or not.
All i am saying is that when someone follows YOUR guidelines dont flip them off when you break a rule that you never mentioned because that is just being a douchebag

40k Blog
post #16 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-08-14, 06:46 PM

LordNecross's Flag is: USA

Quote:
If you don't feel that this RP is worthy of more effort, then feel free to leave. The XIXth don't use mercenary units - which yes, makes them a bit strange, but they emulate how they were before the Heresy.

The character is still not accepted. Also, Krymson, Boxagonapus and Necross, do you gentlemen have any pictures that you would like me to use for your avatars in the hierarchy tree?

Also I stand corrected, Necross.
None that I can think of, my guy's Helmet is just a normal, though pristine, Mark III. He has the big Clamp Mechandrite and four other Mechandrite tentacles that can have weapons or tools.

Also is it okay if I give him a refractor or reductor shield?

post #17 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-08-14, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Nol

Thanks for the support Darkreever - your points are all valid.

Quote:
You stated that the characters dont have to be originally from this company, but my character is still an Iron Warrior who works for any IW company or warband so how is that different to any Astartes from other Legions joining your company?
Because all the other members of the XIXth, despite their possibly varied origins, are all sworn members. The title 'freelance' implies that he works for a fee, and is held down by loyalty to no particular faction. Why would a Warsmith take a mercenary when he can have those who would follow him to the death?

Quote:
ALso you wnat me to describe how a skeleton looks? Is that what you wnat because that seems rather redundant considering i know of no civilized humans who do not know what a skeleton looks like
Okay, so what, you're a literal skeleton with no musculature that cannot move? Or have you removed your flesh and put on synthetic muscle that has been arranged to look like a skeleton with bone motifs, an extermalised ribcage, skull mask and the like? Are you bone coloured? The colour of iron, as most Iron Warriors are? Do your eyes glow? Is your voice calm, low, or angry, or high-pitched? Give us something to work with. Basically what Darkreever said.

Now have a look at the three applications I accepted, then look at yours; it's between a quarter to a third of the size, with none of the details or, honestly, effort that the others put in. Yes, you met the minimum requirements, but there's a difference in life between scoring a pass mark and getting a good one. You said earlier:

Quote:
This is a pre-existing character with tons of background already.
Then prove it by fleshing him out more, because I don't see it. If you don't like what I'm doing, as I said earlier, feel free to leave, but please don't bitch and whine. I don't tolerate that kind of behaviour - especially when there's no real ground for it, nor will I cave in. The character, as he stands, has not been and will not be accepted.
post #18 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-08-14, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the support Darkreever - your points are all valid.

Because all the other members of the XIXth, despite their possibly varied origins, are all sworn members. The title 'freelance' implies that he works for a fee, and is held down by loyalty to no particular faction. Why would a Warsmith take a mercenary when he can have those who would follow him to the death?

Okay, so what, you're a literal skeleton with no musculature that cannot move? Or have you removed your flesh and put on synthetic muscle that has been arranged to look like a skeleton with bone motifs, an extermalised ribcage, skull mask and the like? Are you bone coloured? The colour of iron, as most Iron Warriors are? Do your eyes glow? Is your voice calm, low, or angry, or high-pitched? Give us something to work with. Basically what Darkreever said.

Now have a look at the three applications I accepted, then look at yours; it's between a quarter to a third of the size, with none of the details or, honestly, effort that the others put in. Yes, you met the minimum requirements, but there's a difference in life between scoring a pass mark and getting a good one. You said earlier:

Then prove it by fleshing him out more, because I don't see it. If you don't like what I'm doing, as I said earlier, feel free to leave, but please don't bitch and whine. I don't tolerate that kind of behaviour - especially when there's no real ground for it, nor will I cave in. The character, as he stands, has not been and will not be accepted.
Then change the "minimum requirements" part if they dont actually count. Good Day

40k Blog
post #19 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-08-14, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Nol

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNecross View Post
Also is it okay if I give him a refractor or reductor shield?
Go for it, he's a captain. I'm expecting him to have fancy equipment for the rank, and then as Master of the Forge, to have access to the really fancy gear.
post #20 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-08-14, 09:07 PM

Brother Cato's Flag is: United Kingdom

So...here goes nothing. Pray to the Dark Gods I don't derp too badly here.

Quote:
Name: "Brother" Furor

Age: 200 (this is a rough guesstimate between time since the Heresy and modern times, including time spent in the Warp)

Homeworld: Olympus

Gene-seed: Iron Warriors

Physical Appearance: Furor has never been seen outside of his suit of Terminator Armour, itself battered and worn with age and decay - and it is often rumored that one of his blessings from the gods involved being permanently sealed into the suit. The most unique modification to the suit is a scaled up, back mounted Servo Harness, which he uses to assist in various experiments. While not intended for combat, said Servo Harness is still capable of delivering surprising blows.

Personality: Furor is cold and calculating, governing his decisions primarily with logic and a desire to experiment and try new things. However, he is content with his position, and does not seek to become Warmaster nor a Demon Prince.

Armour and its appearance: See Description

Weaponry and equipment: Asides the aforementioned Harness, Furor carries a Combi Bolter and Power Sword into combat.

Biography: Originally from Olympus, even during the Heresy days Furor was said to be unusually cold. Originally one of the Legion's Techmarines, Furor carried out his oath of recovering, repairing and maintaining the Legion's wargear under the supervision of the Master of the Forge. However, Furor also liked to dabble with his charges. Can he make this engine go faster? Can I expand the range of Ammo this weapon can accept? What happens if I try to fit Plasma energy in a Bolt Shell?

As the Legion turned to Chaos, Furor's more experimental side came to the fore as he experimented with Warp Energy. While like the rest of his Legion the art of summoning Demons was abhorrant, Furor experimented with binding Warp Energy and attempted to use it to enhance his Legion's wargear. The fickle nature of Chaos however often means that his equipment doesn't always work as intended, or has unintended side effects - a suit of Terminator Armour assembled for one client accidentally ended up bonding with him while making sure it worked. All attempts to remove the suit so far have failed.

Trivia:
  • If some of the Fluff is a bit suspect, it's because I've been trying to back engineer my old Warsmith and adapt most of the background. However, I was never great at characters in general to begin with, so...
  • "Furor" is latin for "madness" according to Google Translate.
  • I was thinking about Demon Weapons, but decided against it - it could be a bit overkill. Besides, usually the weapons made are for others, not himself.

Modelling Projects

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode