Scout-Space Marine Roleplaying thread only - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-02-08, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

luthorharkon's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Scout-Space Marine Roleplaying thread only

Scout

The planet of Armageddon is again seething with some of the most violent warfare witnessed by the Imperium since the Horus Heresy.
Many different factions and races are battling for control as heretics uproot the very foundations of the human population and the savage greenskins swarm through the numerous hive cities while the defenders valiently try to force the orkoid attackers back.
It is a grim war.
A war,
of ARMAGEDDON!

You will be playing a vigilant cadre of Astartes recruits.
The space marine scouts of the various chapters on Armageddon have been put into a fierce position of warfare and fresh recruits are being put under immense pressure.
You will be playing as one of these very scouts.
You have been cut off from your original squad and have happened upon several other scouts from various chapters. You are now taking shelter withina ruined factorium but there is still your sole mission.
To find and eliminate the ork warboss known as Gorgar AxxFang.

The players are as follows, in order of recruitment:
Bloodthirster- Rico Stantinus (Salamanders)
Darkreever- Corvin Sol (Raven Guard)
Thomas2- Adonai Lycaneus (Terra Marines)
Dessel_Ordo- Cassius Mereel (Scorpion Knights)
Ordo Xeno Commander- Vindarius (Dark Angels)
Mordeth- Bel'Garath Ksimyen (Space Wolves)

Anyone who hasn't made a reply by 4th Sep 5:00pm GMT time will be marked off the list like this

'go in and say hi'

Offer up your soul to your chosen patron...NOW!
Need a new signature? PM me with details and I'll make one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-02-08, 01:25 PM

Mordeth's Flag is: Norway

Default Go on and say HI

(OOC: HI )

The young Space Wolf Bel'Garath cursed his luck. he had been seperated from his squad by a gang of stupid orcs, and was now alone in enemy territory, without any long-reaching communication device. Now he desperately needed shelter to make his plan for getting back to the squad. He spotted a large building of sorts, and, thinking it was abondoned he entered, only to find himself at the wrong end of a gun, only inches from his face.

(OOC: whomever wants to be the owner of the gun, please do. if you want to beat me down in surprise too, it would help giving story a desperate start.
also, hope you don't mind me putting factory deep in enemy territory.)

94% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 6% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
95% of teens would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers at the top of a skyscraper about to jump. Copy and paste this if you are part of the 5% that would yell "DO A FLIP!!!"
post #3 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-02-08, 01:37 PM

bloodthrister's Flag is: Netherlands

OOC: *goes in* HI
IC:

Rico was resting inside a pretty big building... He and a friend of his were the only survivors of their squad. They were all killed by those foul Orks. And after a fortnight of chasing, hunting, assasinating and cold blooded killing he saw how his best friend got shot. There only were 3 survivors of the original Ork mob, and they have to get killed. He was running out of food and his aim was still very steady, yet not as steady as it used to be. Suddenly he heard a sound.

He loaded his shotgund and quickly walked towards the wall and stood next to the door.

The figure came in and Rico quickly aimed at the intruder's face.

It was a marine!

''Sorry, I'm very cautious with who I let in here...'' Rico said, while still aiming at the head. ''Put your hands where I can see them. And tell me all you know. Maybe I'll let you live, maybe I'll shoot you if I think you're a heretic.'' He said right after it.

Last edited by bloodthrister; 09-02-08 at 01:42 PM.

post #4 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-02-08, 04:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Staring down from a support beam, Corvin watched another figure enter the ruined building.

He had been separated from the others a day ago and had gone on to complete the mission as he knew they would, stopping in this building to collect his thoughts when the Salamanders had entered. He had kept to the shadows, but now another had come. From what he could tell, the newcomer had pelts and sparse iconography depicting wolves; possibly a space wolf.

Jumping down from his position, Corvin landed to the side of both men and shoved the shotgun up away from the other. "Careful Salamander, take a good look at who you were aiming that at." He whispered.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #5 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-02-08, 08:37 PM

thomas2's Flag is: Great Britain

Ooc: A bit nitpicking but there's no space in-between Terra and Marine.

Adonai had failed himself. Worse still he had failed the chapter, all of the Unforgiven even. The Emperor himself had been failed by Adonai Lycaneus's cowardice.

Groaning he smashed his chainsword in another ruin, the blades biting, spitting out angry shards. This wasn't that different to all the minor skirmishes and training... But this was his first battle. He had lost his nerve, his squad. Jumping down and ruined stairwell he kicked out his foot, the last support of a bombed-out roof tumbling on the other side.

He was with his squad, ordered to look around and decide if the war was important enough for the Terramarines to intervene, and not in so bad or good a state their influence wouldn't matter. They could definitely rule out the 'too close to victory to need more astartes' option.

They'd just been scouting around, when a load of Orks teleported in. The squad broke in the disciplined matter they were trained, but on the way to were they wee meant to regroup, the orks thrown off by the split, his nerve broke and he ran.

He had been trained so intensively for this, but the sudden nature of it shocked him. He only regained his senses too late, his squad gone, thinking Orks had got him. Slowing down he rubbed the scar training left him. Whatever that 'thing' from a Death World was it couldn't handle most of a scout squad, even unarmed. The scar came from his over-confidence. Why then did now his confidence desert him?

Puling to a stop he got onto his knees, unfamiliar altered senses still keeping watch. "Emperor guide me." Lifting his head he saw a familiar figure. One of the Emperor's statues, barely touched by the conflict. A tall building loomed behind it, a factorium by the design features.

Head down Adonai ran forwards, bolt pistol in one hand, chainsword in the other. Reaching the building he smashed the door down with a kick, the amazing strength he'd been granted showing use. Waving his pistol side to side he scanned the area, chainsword holstered but with a hand on.

Focusing on his enhanced ears Adonai listened out into the silence, distant war staining the clear air. Hearing voices he moved forwards, cautious for foes.

Stepping into the area where the sound began sunlight from the ruined ceiling blinded Adonai, his eye modifications still painful and not fully active.
post #6 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-03-08, 11:18 AM

seeing the shotgun-barrel get pushed out of the way by what seemed like a raven guard, Bel'Garath nevertheless held his hands up.
"I have been seperated from my squad by a mob of orcs and figured this would be a good base of operation. seems like you had the same idea, but i wonder how you came to be so close to a Space Wolf field of operation."
Saying this, he quickly aimed his gun at the raven guard and used one of his power knives to keep the Salamander in check.
"Explain yourself now!"
Wondering why he did as he did, and cursing himself for a fool, he nevertheless spotted the lone figure moving towards the building. now having a feeling of urgency, he hoped they would answer fast so he could take cover somewhere in case the figure was an enemy.

(OOC: sry, but I figured different chapters would'nt look to kindly at eachothers meddling)

94% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 6% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
95% of teens would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers at the top of a skyscraper about to jump. Copy and paste this if you are part of the 5% that would yell "DO A FLIP!!!"

Last edited by Mordeth; 09-03-08 at 12:22 PM.
post #7 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-03-08, 02:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Looking into the barrel and then at the wolf, Corvin held back his anger. His masters would leave their feelings of another chapter elsewhere, so he would do the same. "We were here before you Space Wolf, thats how we would be able to do that." He said, noticing the wolf further tense as if he had seen something; possibly more orks. " I do not speak for either of you, but my mission here is to seek out the location of the ork boss in this area and bring in others."

[Orks, not orcs; wrong world for them]

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #8 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-03-08, 05:09 PM

Realising the Raven had the same mission as himself made him think fast. Higher-ups of most nearby chapters must have had the same idea to stop the Orks, and as they needed to take cover for the possible enemy that came closer, he decided to trust both marines were still loyal to the emperor.
"It seems we have the same goals then, as i assume our Salamander friend here is here for the same reason. putting that aside," he said while lowering his weapons, "we have a possible treath incoming, and should quickly hide to determine who, or what, it is.
Even as he said this, he noticed the figure had disappeared out of sight. Now that REALLY made him worry. His attention had largely been at the 2 marines in front of him, so he hadn't noticed anything about it except that it was largely man, or ork-sized

(OOC: sry, orks it is ((if you think I'm posting too fast tell me.))

Last edited by Mordeth; 09-03-08 at 05:12 PM.
post #9 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-03-08, 06:32 PM

bloodthrister's Flag is: Netherlands

''Fine, Same mission etc. etc...'' Rico said. ''Ok lets hide. We must elimenate this threat if it's hostile. Could you tell us what you saw? Ill hide straight behind the door, so my shotgun is most effective.'' Rico said right after that.

post #10 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-03-08, 07:11 PM

"Sry, all i could see was that it was man-shaped and moving towards the building, but I've lost track of him he could already be he-" CRASH! suddenly a loud bang sounded from the far end of the building. sprinting to the closest he tougth would give any cover, an old machine of some sorts, he shouted to the remaining 2 marines "Take cover quickly, seems we don't have time to plan anything grand", hoping they would react quickly... and not shoot the target before they had decided it was hostile. With the unlikely prospect that 3 scouts from different chapters should meet deep in enemy territory having just occured, he would not be surprised whatever it was.

Last edited by Mordeth; 09-03-08 at 07:19 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode