[Action] The Choral City - Page 10 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 127 (permalink) Old 02-26-15, 07:33 PM

"Cousins." Sebastien began, his helmet removed and tucked under his arm, taking the time to look each of those around him, the Death Guard in particular, in the eye. "You have saved my life. Our lives." he said, gesturing towards Darius. Kyros too looked to the Death Guard with a nod of thanks, for they certainly had saved them. "For that I shall be grateful for however much life I have left. You owe me nothing, but still I must ask you for more. My Brother is besieged by the Sons of Angron. He is a fine warrior but hubris will be his demise. I am going to save him, but I fear I can not do so alone. Will you stand with me once more cousins?" At the mention of his Brothers, whose blood flowed with that of Angron, his gene sire as well his jaw clenched in anger and hatred. His hatred of them guided his actions now, fueled by betrayal and this unrelenting pulse through his veins that hungered for revenge.

Sebastien then stepped towards Apothocary Ulligo and spoke again, more quietly this time. "Whatever our next step, whether we make for the Palace or fight to the last here, our chances of success will be greater with Decurion Locolus beside us." Kyros watched with great intent and even though he had not been directly addressed by either of The Emperor's Children he rose up from his kneeling position next to the Death Guard with the autocannon, giving a nod of thanks, the warrior had taken two Traitor World Eaters down with one shot and saved Kyros' life with his crack shooting. "Thank you, I may not have the chance to repay you Brother," he spoke quietly to the Astartes with the autocannon before taking a step towards Sebastien. He unclicked the seals, a woosh and hiss of air as they unclamped and he took his helm in his left hand, removing it and mag locking it to his left hip for the moment. His uncharacteristic long blonde hair was held back by a leather cord, his blue eyes were clear, but carried a fire in them. His face was not racked with the scars and wounds one would expect of a World Eater, likely owing to his refusal to bare the Nails, his Brothers had allowed themselves to be defiled by their own savage bloodlines, allowed themselves to be used by Angron.

"Captain Krejur and those with him of 5th Company are my Brothers," he stopped and spat as he spoke of the monsters of 5th as his Brothers. "They were my Brothers at one time, I must take some responsibility here. I will stand with you against the World Eaters." Kyros then drew his power axe in his right hand, the field was inactive and took his helmet in his left hand. Carefully he ran the keen edge of the weapon across the side of the helm, scraping down to the ceramite the sections where the World Eaters insignia had previously been. He did likewise to the rest of his armor, removing the vile World Eaters crest where he could, leaving some large sections of blank white and even ceramite. "I would prefer not to wear those marks any longer," he looked at the dirt, flaked with white, red and glistening metal flakes as the wind swept across the landscape again, carrying them off. "Perhaps it will allow you to distinguish me from my Brothers when we fight them once more. I will go with you to kill Krejur and his bastard company." With that, Kyros placed his helmet back on, streaks of thinned white paint and ceramite ran all over it, but he no longer bore any marks of the World Eaters save for the colors, at the very, in his mind, he would not die as a slave to Angron.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 127 (permalink) Old 03-02-15, 04:55 AM Thread Starter
visit roleplay threads!

unxpekted22's Flag is: USA

Krateron, Tiberius, and Vultus:

Krejer’s sword and Tiberius’s spear meet only once before Krateron’s victim falls flat on the ground, a bouquet of blood blooming from the butcher’s split head.

The tip of the phoenix spear was barely visible to Krejer, an impossibly straight joust to his face. His wide, serrated blade knocked the spear straight into the ground, instead. Tiberius’s arm goes numb from the blow to his spear, not letting go of his grip on the weapon. Despite Tiberius being completely vulnerable to attack now, the Captain stops, his sword still holding down the spear. He and the two World Eaters seem shocked for a moment, staring at Krateron’s crouching form and the body beside him.

Krateron can nearly feel the cold washing off of the two World Eaters standing on either side of him, who turn slowly to face him.

‘What?’ utters Krejer in disbelief. ‘Nearly two centuries of victory...’ he roars the next part, ‘Not even a struggle, nor single strike!!!’

While shouting this the Captain flies past Tiberius. Krateron rises to meet him, bravely, and is literally smacked aside without care. Krejer skewers the fallen World Eater, raising him up. He roars wordless rage into the corpse’s face. He throws the body to one of the other two World Eaters who immediately begins hacking apart the body with his chainaxe.

This foolishness ends when Herridon hip fires his bolter with his one good arm at Krejer’s backside. Tiberius reacts similarly, whipping out his volkite serpenta and adding to the salvo.

The Captain’s shield holds up against the bolter fire, and slows the volkite round enough so that it does not go clean through him, but it does hit the suit’s shield generator on his powerpack, destroying it.

The World Eater who had been thrown the body looks up, and charges Tiberius, the other taking on Krateron. Muor and Rydon have been engaged with one, and Vultus another, while Gretivalus continues to try and repair his weapon as quickly as possible.

All of you have a short skirmish with your foe, blows will be struck and taken but no one will fall just yet.

Krejer turns toward Tiberius once more, but chunks fly off of his armor as he is fired upon again by Herridon and Solhanan. While firing his bolter, Herridon uses what little movement he has left in his left arm to detach a grenade from his belt and prime it. Running toward him now, Krejer sees this happening. He plunges his sword into the ash caked road, bites his chain axe into Herridon’s chest armor, grips the arm and kicks out towards the Luna wolf’s midsection, ripping the arm off at the shoulder where the sword had gone through previously. Krejer throws the arm, and grenade with it, into the burning ruins. Herridon swings his bolter into the side of Krejer’s head. A return punch to his faceplate sends him reeling, chainaxe still stuck to his chestplate. Solhanan charges in, blade raised. Krejer turns to him, slaps the blade aside and decks him in the face as well, knocking him backward.

Krejer kneels by Herridon, takes hold of his head in his hands and begins to pull. Just as Herridon begins to yell in pain, Kremer is tackled by three new World Eaters, all with blackened scorched section of armor and limbs and heads of Space Marines chained to their armor. Krejer throws them off, pulls his sword from the ground and cuts one of their heads clean from the shoulders. All of you are joined by a few of these World Eaters, something about the ones with Krejer is odd though. Seemingly beyond the effects of the Nails, they are proving to be stronger than any of you. One of these newcomers walks out of the ruins with his helm removed, revealing a complexion of grey skin and white eyes.

‘Beast of the Fifth!’ He yells toward Krejer. Both weapons in hand again, keeping the other two Marines at bay, the Captain looks to his assailant and laughs loudly. ‘Abhuman filth!’ he shouts back with a grin. Your HUDs reveal this Marine to be Shabran Darr of the XII Legion’s 11th Assault Company.

Krejer’s men become increasingly more difficult to fight the longer you stay engaged with them. The three of you and Dillinger may take this opportunity to make a tactical retreat, letting these loyal World Eaters settle their own score, or you can stay and continue to help. Both decisions have separate pros and cons for the future.

Sebastian and Kyros:

Realizing the scarcity of time, Ulligo begins a vox conversation with his commander about the situation. Lieutenant Morturg quickly decides that a traitor Captain of the XII legion is a much more significant objective than anything else currently at hand, hoping to dispose of him quickly, get the Emperor’s children Decurions and the World Eater Sergeant on their way to the Palace, and be able to return to help defend the walls before the Traitor forces amassed too heavily on the loyal Death Guards’ major positions. Barely a half an hour passes before you both find yourselves quickly traversing the catacombs beneath the city streets in the direction of Decurion Loculus with about thirty Death Guard.

About fifteen minutes ago, the other group under Morturg’s command Ulligo mentioned joined up with you coming from another pathway of the Catacombs. Most of the Marines in the other group wear black armor with their legion symbol on the shoulder - Destroyer Marines carrying a hefty number of rad-weapons with them. They brought with them a second Apothecary as well. Not only this, but the other survivors Morturg’s units had found were remnants of the betrayed Mechanicum’s Ordo Reductor, including their leader Magos Reductor Calleb Decima. In fact he runs with the group now, five servo-automata with him, and the rather eerie sound of Thallax cohorts following somewhere in the distance of the Catacombs behind you. Morturg and the rest of his assembled men are supposed to meet up with the group soon enough.

Kind of a short update for you guys. You can talk to each other or the NPCs which I can create replies and other dialogue for. Any other thoughts your characters may be having please feel free to include. It will be harder to communicate with anyone not in the immediate vicinity over the vox while in the catacombs. Kyros knows the Fifth Captain's reputation, how does he feel about potentially having to fight him himself. Sebastian may suddenly be struck by the fact that he never found Captain Tarvitz. Though injured, at least Darius still remains by his side. It has only been a few hours since the virus bombing, where will everything lay by the day's end?

You can never be prepared for the unexpected

Last edited by unxpekted22; 03-02-15 at 05:04 AM.
post #93 of 127 (permalink) Old 03-08-15, 11:18 PM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

They were sick, these World Eaters, damaged. Rabid, accursed, beyond redemption. Krateron regarded them with a mix of hatred, disbelief and pity. Behind his helmet, his face twisted into something foul, as he flicked blood from Oathkeeper and prepared to face the others. Around him, he could hear the sound of battling - Footsteps muffled in the dust, weapons clattering together, blood splashing across the ground. Combat-stimms pumped into his bloodstream, and he laughed gratingly. 'Your brother died in vain,' he mocked, unsure if the World Eaters could hear, or comprehend, his words. 'And you, too, shall follow.'

And then, Krejer was coming at him, frothing at the mouth, maddened by the death of his companion, maddened by the Legionary's failure to down Krateron. The Son of Horus rose, Oathkeeper held in both hands, and stood his ground. Krejer was not fazed, however, and swung a huge, bloodstained gauntlet at Krateron - Almost apathetically - And sent the Marine stumbling, blood filling his mouth, helm ringing like a clarion. Stunned, spitting blood and cursing his luck, Krateron turned and went back at Krejer - But it wasn't Krejer. One of the World Eaters came at him, chain-axe looping through the air, and roared. It was unintelligible, the cry of a beast.

'Coward,' Krateron sneered. 'Twisted, broken thing, mindless beserker.'

The chain-axe plummeted down, blood-mist spraying from the jagged teeth, and Krateron met it with his forearm. He felt it bite deep, into his armour, and thrust forwards with Oathkeeper - Viper-quick. Crimson blossomed from the Eater's white plate, and both reeled away, bleeding and panting. And then, they went back at it, jabbing and swinging, hurling curses at one another. Punches were thrown, sword met chain-axe, and then they were apart again. Krateron watched his opponent, circling right, and laughed. The Twelfth have no place in the Imperium, save for butchery and slaughter. When the Imperium is old, your Legion will be long gone, you slavering cur.

And yet, as Krateron continued to scrap with the World Eater, he realised that he was wrong. The Marine, beneath his veneer of hatred and determination, was calm and composed.

'Headtaker,' The Son of Horus said, straightening. 'Axeman, heh, yes. Flee, now, and I will let you live. Know my name, Akkad Krateron, and tell your loveless father - Today, you faced a worthy opponent, a Son of Horus, and were bested.'

Bait the bastard and gut him, Krateron thought, when he realised that more World Eaters were pouring from the ruins, tense and ready to fight.

He glanced at Tiberius, and then at the World Eater named Shabran Darr, and opened a communications to the Emperor's Child.

'Decurion, perhaps now we should leave.'

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'

post #94 of 127 (permalink) Old 03-12-15, 01:30 AM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Tiberius was pleased his grenades had achieved something close to the desired effect. The explosion bloomed behind the charging World Eaters and staggered the two flanking Krejer. In his peripheral vision he saw Akkad move with a feral speed and end the life of one of them. His focus was on Krejer though. The thin end of his phoenix spear seemed to disappear from view as he held it perpendicular to the ground. Energy crackled along its length. Krejer came roaring. Tiberius jousted straight for the faceplate, hoping the razor thin edge of his spear would make it through this beast’s guard and end this fight quickly.

Krejer was no novice though and, despite the distasteful barbarity of the World Eaters, retained enough concentration to spot the incoming spear. His huge serated sword smashed into the polearm, forcing it to the ground. The force of the blow vibrated up the spear and sent Tiberius’ arm into temporary shock. By Terra, Krejer was strong. His spear was held down by Krejer’s weapon and Tiberius went to break the deadlock when he noticed all of the World Eaters momentum had died. He simply stood there simmering in rage.

Suddenly there was an explosion of violence, but not at them. Krejer battered Akkad away only to get at his own fallen comrade and abuse his corpse. Once he was finished thrashing his fallen brother he threw him to his lap-dogs who proceeded to dismember him. Tiberius was shocked by the barbarity on display, only the bark of Herridon’s bolter snapped him out of indecision. His serpent was in his hand in and instant adding to the volley of fire striking Krejer’s shield. He didn’t aim for Krejer’s head or flesh however. His shield would protect him, Tiberius wagered. No, this was the first opportunity that Krejer had shown him his back and Tiberius fired at the power generators on the World Eater’s back, hoping to damage his suit or, better yet, the shield itself. At least then he would have that over Krejer.

Whilst the shield robbed his shots of much of their destructive power, they found their mark none the less. Organic fire fried circuitry and ceremite and finally Krejer’s shield spluttered and died. However, by this point the rabid dog that had been thrown his comrade to dismember has tired of his latest toy and so charged for Tiberius. He hastily holstered his pistol and brought his spear to bear. Tiberius sneered under his helm. “Your treachery will not save you cur.” The World Eater did little more than howl and whoop as he came, his axe spraying the blood of his comrade everywhere.

The two met in a blaze of blows. Tiberius had the reach, but the World Eater had the speed and sheer bloody-mindedness to push through him. Chain-axe and phoenix spear clashed. The World Eater forced the spear-point up by sliding his axe down to bite into the Tiberius’ vambrace. Tiberius pulled away. A sensible opponent would have pulled back but the World Eater kept coming and was rewarded with a spear digging into his side for that. The energy field cauterized the wound and Tiberius had to swiftly pull away to avoid the frenzied swings of the chainaxe. One caught his shoulder guard gauged holes into the III emblem emblazoned there. Tiberius resorted to punching him, fracturing the World Eater’s left visor.

They came apart and suddenly more white and blue bodies began to press in. Tiberius expected to be fending off numerous blows, fighting until sheer number brought him down. Surprisingly, none of these new World Eaters attacked him, but instead he found himself with a common enemy as these barbarians. Yelling from Krejer brought his attention to the man now identified as the Beast of the Fifth. Akkad wanted to run. Perhaps he should too. But something in him wouldn’t let Krejer’s challenge slide. He had challenged the might of the Emperor’s Children, and to leave him to an uncertain fate at the hands of these World Eaters would not do. Tiberius wanted to see his head separated from his shoulder. He would justify that Krejer needed to die to deprive the traitors of an element of their command structure, but that wasn’t the real reason. It was not in the nature of the IIIrd Legion to back down from a fight and even if his brothers had cast aside their loyalties, it still fell to him to uphold the honour of the Emperor.

“Flee if you wish Akkad, but I will see Krejer dead before I leave this battle. And if I can, I would see you help me in making it so.” Tiberius expected Akkad to run, but he didn’t. Some ragged sense of honour or duty kept him here, when his survival instincts told him he should flee. Whatever it was, Tiberius was glad for it. He voxed Vultus “Vultus cover Gretivalus. Once he has his weapon operational, kill the traitorous dogs. Akkad and I will bring down this Beast.” Tiberius forced his way through the crowd. Krejer still duelled two of these new loyalist World Eaters. Tiberius drew his serpenta and fired, hoping to wound Krejer further before he had to face him. As soon as Krejer turn his attention to them, he would holster it, giving him full use of his phoenix spear. “Shabran…” Tiberius spoke to the leader of this band of World Eaters. “…we stand with you. Let us bring down this Beast.”

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
post #95 of 127 (permalink) Old 03-16-15, 04:15 PM

Lord Ramo's Flag is: England

Vultus met the snarling World Eater head on, chainsword descending to be met by an upwards stroke from the chainaxe of his foe. Vultus struggled holding the marine at bay, the nails had taken the World Eater and he had far more strength than Vultus had. Vultus backed away as the World Eater struck at him, hoping that he would over extend himself in his fury. The marine didn't however, an experienced veteran obviously to be with Krejer. Vultus strike was met by the chainblade again and the marine lashed out with his fist, slamming it into Vultus helm and knocking him back a pace. Vultus was forced to roll underneath the next blow just to regain his vision. He struck as he righted himself only to be met once more by the chainblade.

Suddenly Krejer roared as one of his men fell without landing a single blow or indeed even striking. The melee seemed to pause for a moment as Krejer barreled past Tiberius and smashed Akkad aside so that he could get at the body which he threw to two of his men with a roar with them hacking it apart. Vultus didn't have time to see what happened next as he and his opponent met once more chainblades crying out and slowing as they ground into each other.

Vultus kicked his opponent in the midsection and followed through with the momentum as his opponent stumbled back and brought his chainblade down. His opponent managed to twist himself out of the way so instead of hitting his helm the blade bit deep into his shoulder guard. Vultus snarled as he put more pressure on the blade as it bit into the guard only for his blade to jam. His opponent lashed forward with his blade biting into Vultus midsection drawing blood as his blade cut into Vultus. Vultus snarled and kicked again, knocking his opponent back though his blade was still stuck in his opponent shoulder.

Loyal World Eaters erupted from the ruins and began to attack the traitors, seemingly they wanted to kill Krejer as an act of revenge. Tiberius voxed him and ordered him to guard Gretivalas. Vultus responded as he leapt at his opponent, one hand grabbing hold of his opponents arm as he brought his axe down to kill Vultus with the other grabbing his blade and yanking it free. "I agree we stay in the fight and see this beast put down." He cycled his blade and silently thanked his luck as his blade coughed into life again just in time for him to knock aside his opponents blade. "Brothers, we stand here and put these rabid dogs down. Once that is achieved we can meet up with our brothers again and form an organised defence. Let us show these traitorous dogs our anger. Kill for the Living!" Vultus yelled to the squad as he placed himself near to Gretivalas ready to intercept any opponent headed towards him if necessary whilst battling his own adversary.

post #96 of 127 (permalink) Old 03-17-15, 02:40 AM

Upon their arrival at the rally point Kyros was struck by the relatively large number of Destroyers present, with their rad weapons in tow, their armors blackened with the continued use of the radioactive weapons they were proficient with. He looked around and took note also of the Magos of the Mechanicum and his servo-automata, the hissing of the Thallax echoing from the catacombs at their rear. This was as ad hoc a group as Kyros had ever seen, Mechanicum, and representatives from the Death Guard, Emperor's Children and himself a World Eater. He could sense their eyes on him, he was the lone World Eater who was among them and it was his Brothers that they had all been in combat with thus far. Though they were all betrayed by their own Legions, the World Eaters thus far had been the ones that had been actively sweeping the scarred planet, hunting and cutting down what resistance they encountered.

Kyros could sense the hatred for his Brothers, the ill will he suspected was also aimed at him, he seethed under the surface, he felt that somehow he was responsible. His squad was dead in its entirety while following his orders, though the spread pattern he'd elected to use to scout the terrain was tried and true, nonetheless, it was his choice. When the planet was wreathed in the toxic blend of the virus bombs he alone had made it to safety, and only by the sacrifice of his closest confidant.

His mind shifted to other, more current concerns. Krejer, The Beast of the Fifth awaited them, along with his retinue of Veterans. Kyros had seen them in action once during a 'pacification' operation. He had never seen a warrior press so deep into enemy lines in such short order before, they'd broken the planet's rebellion within mere hours, and Krejer took the bloodiest toll himself. Kyros thought back...

"Sargeant, we're getting word that Captain Krejer is closing on our position!" Ulix shouted over the vox as he continued to pour bolter fire at the dug in vermin, their heavy turrets were keeping them pinned down. Reka was keeping hold of the prisoners next to Kyros as per their orders, ranking officers from the Guard that had been stationed planetside who had in turn brought about insurgency. They were to be captured and executed publically. The walls behind them exploded, showering them in ceramite, shrapnel clanging harmlessly off of their armor.

"Who is in command here?!" The voice boomed with the authority of a warrior who'd seen countless campaigns. "Straessen, of 10th Company," the voice roared with mockery. "You can't send a dog to do a warrior's duty. Straessen, why do you have prisoners?!" The voice of Krejer became enraged as he stood over the smaller Straessen. "Our orders stated that these ranking officers of the Guard were to be taken prisoner and then to be executed publically at a-" Krejer backhanded him so hard and unexpectedly he sent him stumbling for a few feet. "We are World Eaters, we take no prisoners!" With that Krejer drew his chain axe and drove it through each of the four men in bindings, their blood spray coating the armors of the warriors in the vicinity. Krejer's men roared in approval and cheered, laughing while Kyros brought himself up to his feet. "Captain Krejer, our orders were-" the blink of an eye and several of Krejer's chosen Veterans were raining blows upon him, their chain axes flashed to life for a moment, but a quick bark from Krejer halted their violence. Kyros was left bloodied and staring up from the dirt at Krejer. "Do not ever question my actions again welp! You do a disservice to our Legion!" With that Krejer spat at the dirt in front of him. He'd been judged as unworthy by a Captain of the Legion for following orders, and yet it was men like Krejer, crazed with the blooding of populations and not even bothering with orders outside of killing.
That was the type of warrior that Angron championed, and Kyros knew that he would always be an outcast even among his own brothers.

He looked up, not focused on the present again, if he had to face The Beast himself he would, he saw it as a responsibility, something he would have to do to prevent the death of any of his new comrades. He looked to Sebastien and Darius, "Well, it appears we will follow you to your friend, hopefully they are still alive." He made as if to walk away, then paused and turned back to Sebastien, "If I fall before you, I would ask one favor of you, if you have the opportunity, take my axe and shield. Both are serviceable weapons and deserve to be in hands loyal to the Emperor."

Last edited by Krymson86; 03-23-15 at 12:22 AM.
post #97 of 127 (permalink) Old 03-22-15, 11:16 AM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

Sebastian walked at the head of the formation, alongside Ulligo, Darius and the newly arrived second Apothecary. When making his plea to Ulligo and his unit he had never expected to receive such overwhelming support. He had a deep new respect for the Death Guard and when he finally met this Lieutenant Morturg he would have to thank him graciously. It felt good to be leading men again whether they were truly his men or not. To be leading a force again was what he was trained to do, not run alone from skirmish to skirmish through these hellish ruined streets like some kind of brigand.

He wished that these had been his men, true Emperor's Children. It had only been a few hours but he missed the feeling of being part of something exquisite, something perfect. His face dropped inside his helmet. Most of his men were gone, burned alive by the barrage. It had been his choice to leave the relative safety of the Palace. His men had paid for that choice. He would not blame himself however. He did not kill them. The traitors hiding in orbit had killed them, blasted them like insects to be exterminated. They had deserved better and Sebastian would reap a bloody toll upon their murderers until his final breath.

That choice he had made had been to locate Captain Tarvitz. Saul Tarvitz was a great man, a fine warrior and a strong leader beloved by his men. None had questioned Sebastian's choice to go after him in the moments before the world ended and even in this ruined apocalypse he had stuck by his decision fervently. Though fate had drawn him away from his pursuit it was never far from his mind. At this point though the Captain could be anywhere. Any intelligence they had had before the barrage would be horribly outdated by now. Any chance he had of success would rely on re-establishing stable communications. Maybe that was something else the Death Guard could assist him in. For now though he knew where another of his Brothers was. He knew the exact peril he was in and he had the power to save him, so that was what he would do.

Kyros appeared beside him, snapping him out of his introspection.

"Well, it appears we will follow you to your friend, hopefully they are still alive."

"Aye my friend." Sebastian said, clasping a hand down upon the World Eaters scarred shoulder plate. With the symbols of his legion wilfully desecrated it seemed inappropriate to still think of him as one of the XII Legion but such was deeply ingrained in him now and he did not know how his companion would feel about it either. If he survived the coming conflict with this Captain Krejur he would resolve to ask.

"Thank you for your assistance, both now and before. I do not know what it is like to cut down those one has so long considered brothers in the defence of strangers. It must be hard and whatever happens, I shall see your name remembered." he said reverently.

Kyros bowed his head slightly and made to slip back into the crowd.

"If I fall before you, I would ask one favor of you, if you have the opportunity, take my axe and shield. Both are serviceable weapons and deserve to be in hands loyal to the Emperor."

The chain-axe was little used among the 3rd Legion. It was an indelicate weapon, wielded by savages and barbarians. Sebastian had been forced to train with it before so as to be familiar with any weapon that may present itself on the battlefield and he had no love for it, not while Spectre was in arms reach. Who was he to deny such a simple request from one to whom he owed his life though?

He nodded. "That I shall. May they reap death among the Emperor's enemies long after we are both gone."
post #98 of 127 (permalink) Old 03-23-15, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
visit roleplay threads!

unxpekted22's Flag is: USA

Krateron, Vultus, and Tiberius:

Krejer starts to say something else, but his words abruptly falter as he hunches over, twisting his head at odd angles, groaning and yelling in apparent agony. One of the two loyal World Eaters tries to take advantage of this, raising his chainaxe high for a powerful downward strike. But he is not quick enough.

Krejer shoots back to his full height, swinging his weapons outwards. His sword lops off the Marine’s arms at the elbows and his chain axe runs through his knees simultaneously. The last surviving loyalist jumps at him, clawing at Krejer’s collar plating. Krejer headbutts the similarly nail-bitten marine, kicks him down and plants the tip of his sword through the chest.

Krejer now heaves instead of breathes. His eyes are wide and unblinking, and his teeth are trapped in a grimace. Any further attempts to communicate with him will not illicit a verbal response.

Shabran Darr leaps onto the street, breaking into a run towards the Beast of the Fifth. Tiberius does the same, letting the Loyal World Eaters shove past him to get at their traitorous brother. Several of the Luna Wolves do the same. Solhanan grabs Herridon, helping move towards Gretivalus’s position where they meet with Vultus, out of the way of Krejer.

A third wave of jetbikes zips over the burning rooftops. They lower onto the street and their riders practically leap off of them toward the melee. One of Krejer’s veteran elites shoves his opponents away for a moment. With a single, curt command of his hand, the newly arrived traitors halt their charge just long enough to prime krak grenades and toss them onto the remaining functional jetbikes, destroying them all.

At the same time, more of Darr’s loyal followers spill out from the ruins behind him, differentiated by their defaced legion emblems and blackened weapons.

When Krateron attempts to join the fight against Krejer, he will be blocked by the veteran and newly arrived traitor legionaries. “I will tell him that today his son, Intukthelo, faced yet another worthless maggot and slaughtered him like the rest. This need to be adored by your Primarchs; makes you all foolish children.”

Upon seeing Tiberius coming to meet Krejer he turns to the Decurion and says, “This one is mine, Emperor’s Child.” Tiberius makes his intentions known, refusing to back away from the challenge. Both parties become thankful for the others’ support, however, once they each begin their fight with Krejer.

Vultus and all of squad Dillinger become huddled together apart from the swirling melee that has erupted around them which begins to move through the burning ruins as the traitor World Eaters subtly follow their Captain’s movements. This fighting goes on, with only a few bodies dropping, for nearly fifteen minutes as all of the Nail-bitten World Eaters hack and slash each other apart but refuse to finally go down.

Vultus and Sergeant Rydon both see movement at the far end of the street by the next intersection over. A large shape that rolls into view. Its livery is nearly impossible to tell with the thick smoke and ash in the air and the firelight playing tricks on the eyes. Figures appear, moving in and out of the light, and begin advancing up the street.

Gretivalus is finally able to repair his weapons belt feeder and the Luna Wolves nod to each other and move toward the only cover available, a handful of destroyed jetbikes. On their way past, Rydon interrupts Krateron, pressing his hand into his shoulder pauldron, a silent gesture that is clear in its meaning: You should stick with your brothers, and move with them.

This choice is up to you, Krateron. It is the same for you, Vultus. If you would rather stay in the melee than help your fellow legionnaires, then that is your call.

Dillinger sets up behind the jetbikes. No sooner than Gretivalus stabilises his heavy bolter over one of the wrecked hulls does bolter fire begin streaming past them and into the crashed vehicles; the explosive ammo detonating all around them. Gretiavlus lets loose with his giant weapon, the thunderous booms of its fury nullifying the World Eaters’ clashing. The enemies get just close enough for their colors to be seen.

Vultus and Krateron, whether you have joined them in cover yourself, or hear Rydon say it into your vox units... your hearts skip a beat.

‘Sons of Horus’

A firefight begins and it holds at a temporary stalemate for some time as the advancing Sons of Horus find cover for themselves, while the melee continues on. Some twenty to thirty minutes pass during this post. Deus, you may detail the fight with Krejer however you wish, none of three of you will take any mortal wounds.

Sebastian and Kyros:

After what seems like jogging for far too long, you finally reach the catacomb exit that should be closest to Decurion Loculus’s last position that Sebastian could see. The group of Marines and Automata waits for another ten minutes or so before ascending to the streets in order for Morturg and the rest of his men to catch up. The Thallax belonging to Magos Decima caught up some time ago, able to move faster than the rest of you on foot. While waiting for Morturg, Decima mentions that just before these Death Guard forces found him and his machines, they had taken down, and taken apart, a Traitor Death Guard Contemptor that was part of a Seeker squad dropped onto the edges of the western wall. Unlike the other Legions and the rest of the city, the open area of the trench networks outside the wall allowed the Death Guard to drop their Seeker squads practically on top of top of the surviving loyalists.

‘I recorded his designation into my memory,’ said the red-robed Magos to Ulligo, ‘Kahgor Lothsul.’

Legionary Herut, the one with the autocanon responded cooly, ‘His first engagement as a contemptor.’ Typical of the Death Guard, rather than laughter there was only a silent air of shared amusement that followed.

The Black Shield, Crysos Morturg, arrives. His armor is incredibly damaged and covered in his own blood, but still he stands. The first Marine whose vambrace he clasps is the other Apothecary's, whose name is Daeka, who then inspects him quickly. This is where you may greet him if you wish. 'The first two hours,' he says, slightly short of breath, we barely made it from the trenches to the industrial zone. We passed several cites of World Eater dead, and I've already had to kill dozens of my backstabbing brothers to get this far. From the sounds of it, you have as well, Sergeant Straesan. Even so, this is far, far from over.'

After this, Morturg nods toward an ornate set of heavy doors made of dark, blood-red wood and intricately bordered and embroidered with fine gold and brass ormolu workings. Two Thallax Warriors use a hand to push each of the doors slowly open. Immediately, gunshots are heard echoing off the ruined buildings. Before you is an enormous, scorched marble stairway. The steps are long and wide, gradually climbing to street level where two sickly shaped statues made of beautiful material and color stand broken at the the staircase head.

Astartes clad in pale green jogging by the staircase notice the massive doors at the bottom opening and turn their attention to it.

There are sections of Aegis defence line barriers located along the stairs, and lesser cover such as chunks of building rubble and lines of sandbags set up by the Isstvanians.

Three of the Thallax warriors burst out of the Catacombs first, each one of their heavy steps cracking the marble beneath their lumbering charge. Bright flashes of lightning bolts streak over your vision as they fire their lightning guns. The crooked bright blue lines punch right through the first wave of Traitors descending the stairs, leaving scorched black holes in their armor and heavy dead bodies tumbling down the next couple of steps before stopping. Several of the Destroyer Marines aim their irradiation launchers and lob rad-missiles up to the top of the stairway and over. Astartes armor is very good at protecting against radiation, but it will help slow their advance nonetheless, and you see at least two die from the barrage outright.

It will be a tough, uphill battle, but fight your way to the top of the stairs and secure a perimeter at street level. You will only be fighting Sons of Horus legionaries at the moment. They carry standard wargear such as bolters, pistols, flamers, missile launchers, grenades, and chain swords.

You can never be prepared for the unexpected

Last edited by unxpekted22; 03-23-15 at 03:26 PM.
post #99 of 127 (permalink) Old 03-29-15, 05:50 PM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

He thundered towards Krejer, death upon his mind, Oathbreaker held loosely in his hands. Curses fell from his lips - Cursing Tiberius, cursing the World Eaters, and louder than all, cursing his honour. He was caked in dust, human residue and blood - Both his own, that of the World Eater's, and the congealed patina of the Istvaanians, all dark brown against his ocean-green plate. The opalescence was gone, along with his pride, washed away in an ocean's-worth of blood and violence. His topknot, once bright red, now sagged dejectedly, frayed and unkempt. I will cut it free, Krateron thought, sadly. It is a danger, now.

More jet-bikes rose over the jagged buildings, sending vibrations through the ground, and World Eaters launched free, a savage lot. A trio of Twelfth Legionaries, two new arrivals with long, hide-bound axes and the veteran who Krateron had bloodied, stepped between Krateron and Krejer. He skidded to an halt, swinging Oathkeeper up in a defencive position, and grumbled.

'I will tell him that today his son, Intukthelo, faced yet another worthless maggot and slaughtered him like the rest. This need to be adored by your Primarchs; makes you all foolish children,' The veteran, Intukthelo, then, said.

'Angron was ever the negligent lord,' Krateron shot back, heatedly, weary of the other two World Eaters. They circled him, like sharks, and Krateron felt his hearts hammering away. Even now, adrenaline and combat-stimms were flooding his bloodstream. 'Alas, whore-born, you will tell the Red Angel nothing - I will cut your tongue out and feed it to these mindless lackeys of yours.'

His words had the desired effect. The newcomers launched forwards, spittle on their lips, axes swinging through the air. Krateron sidestepped the first, sloppily, and put his shoulder into the second. Away they stumbled, and then Intukthelo was at him, calm and composed. Oathkeeper was a sturdy blade, and held under the World Eater's unrelenting onslaught, though Krateron himself gave way - Peddling back across the ground. The other two World Eaters pounced, but Intukthelo growled something, and they slunk away like whipped curs, waiting for their opportunity. Such pack mentality was always more befitting the Thirteenth.

'You are an unworthy adversary,' Krateron hissed, low and sibilant, as he kicked Intukthelo away. It was a lie, and if Krateron was honest with himself, he was struggling - Worse, he was fearful.

And then, Sergeant Rydon was there, and he added his weight to the duel. Intukthelo went tumbling away, bleeding from a fresh wound in his thigh, and Rydon pushed past Krateron - A hand upon his fellow Son of Horus' pauldron. Come, now, the action said, and Krateron nodded shallowly. But not yet.

He flew at the other two World Eaters. Oathkeeper danced in his hands, cleaving through one's hand, and then Krateron was on the second.

'Headtaker,' He laughed, deep and mocking. 'I gift your skull to the Emperor, Blessed of All.'

Oathkeeper bit through throat, bone and muscle. The World Eater teetered for a second, his head rolling away, and then sunk forwards - Into Krateron's waiting hands. He gripped the ruination of the Marine's throat, spurting crimson, and swung the body around. Intukthelo, charging blindly, tumbled into his brother's corpse, and down they went in a limp tangle.

And then, he was running, laughing madly - Laughing at his survival and his victory. No doubt, he realised, Intukthelo and the others would come for their revenge. Let them come, he thought, launching himself over the destroyed jet-bikes, and amongst his fellow Sons of Horus. He clasped gauntlets with Rydon, nodded at the others, and smirked.

'Let them come,' He whispered. 'Let them taste my blade.'

Rydon spoke, then - 'Sons of Horus,' - A poisonous whisper, and Krateron's world shattered further.

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #100 of 127 (permalink) Old 04-02-15, 12:51 PM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

This was taking too long. Every moment they waited was a moment Tiberius came closer to death. They could push forward now and the Death Guard second wave could reinforce them when they arrived. But Sebastian wasn't in charge, and so they waited. Eventually the rest of the force arrived, led by a brutalised officer. The newcomer greeted the second Apothocary and Sebastian realised that this was Lieutenant Morturg.

"Lieutenant Morturg. I am Decurion Aurellian of Emperor's Children, 10th Company." Sebastian said formally, clasping the Lieutenant by the forearm. "I owe you debt." he stepped back, taking in Morturg's battered but unbroken form and listening intently as he recounted the events that had brought him to this point.

When Morturg finished he nodded towards the doors and the Thallanx warriors pushed them open. Sebastian checked his bolter, nodded to the Lieutenant and made his way to the head of the formation. As the doors opened, the grand marble stairway rose up ahead of them. Sebastian pushed forward but halted as pale green Astartes ran by ahead.

"Sons of Horus." he muttered into his helm.

The Thallanx warriors pushed forward and all hell broke loose. The air was filled with the discharge of lightning guns and rad weapons. Sebastian generally disdained the use of Destroyers but here in the wreckage of Isstvan the seemed no use in worrying about their side effects.

"Children of the Emperor!" Sebastian proclaimed, momentarily losing himself.

"Death to his foes!" came the single reply from Darius beside him as the two moved forward.

Sebastian moved up behind a Thallanx warrior, opening fire with his bolter. His first salvo knocking a Son of Horus off his feet.

"Forward! Drive them back!" Sebastian shouted. Behind him the Death Guard warriors were pushing out of the doors. Overwhelming bolter fire roared up at the traitor legionaries and they appeared to hesitate as the strength of the oncoming force revealed itself. Sebastian gunned down another of the traitors and ducked down behind a large block that had fallen from the archway. Even with their superior numbers, reaching the top would be a struggle, but the Decurion would not be denied.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode