[Recruitment] The Choral City - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-15-14, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
visit roleplay threads!

unxpekted22's Flag is: USA

Its hard to say at this time, I don't want to accept a bunch of people and happen to get new submissions and worry about being too far over my max.

You can never be prepared for the unexpected

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-15-14, 02:52 PM

I think right now we have pretty close to the numbers wanted to start. I'm pleasantly surprised this got so many responses so fast. Also revan, if we're both in this, I'm not following or helping you out anymore, you're a bad influence (darkest days) ;) haha
post #43 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-18-14, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
visit roleplay threads!

After talking with everyone privately, the line up is as follows

Representing the XVI Legion on the surface of Isstvan III will be:

Decius Vultus, 2nd Company Standard Bearer - Played By Lord Ramo

Akkad Krateron, 7th Company Legionary - Played by Dark Angel

Representing the XII Legion:

Marcus Tharr, Tactical Sergeant - Played by DariusO

Kyros Straesen, Assault Sergeant - Played by Krymson86

Kazimir Rostislav, Assault Legionary - Played by Euphrati

Representing the III Legion:

Tiberius Loculus, 10th Company Decurion - Played by Deus Mortis

Sebastian Aurellian, Fellow 10th Company Decurion - Played by Asamodai

Darius Gratus, 10th Company Legionary - Played by Nacho Libre

And representing the XIV Legion:

Alaros Gilgumann, Devastator Marine - Played by Angel of Lies

I will be posting the action thread as soon as I can. May even be tonight since I think I have the time.

Also again, anyone else is still free to submit a character sheet even though the action thread has started. If I accept it, you will simply join into the action thread at a later time.

Something that may be useful, a chart of legion hierarchy. Not all the legions followed this the same, but still a good reference.

Last edited by unxpekted22; 07-23-14 at 02:48 PM.

post #44 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-18-14, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
visit roleplay threads!

Alright took me all night but the Action thread is now up.

I would advise everyone to read over the character sheets again if you haven't already, to make sure you catch any revisions that were made in rank, age, weapons, etc.

And for some eye candy to get you pumped up for this some more I found this little gem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IJNTKoBeVk

post #45 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-18-14, 04:02 PM
Irn Bru 32!

Nacho libre's Flag is: Scotland

That's me posted, sorry if the post is short(four paragraphs).

Last edited by Nacho libre; 07-19-14 at 02:33 AM.
post #46 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-19-14, 02:11 AM

Apologies if that was too long. I can tone it down next time if need be.
post #47 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-19-14, 03:43 AM

Posted. Angel of lies, the death guard that kyros was shouting at at the end was supposed to be aloros. I can edit if you'd prefer.
post #48 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-19-14, 04:11 AM

Consider him in shock and having not heard the shouting.

It is rather traumatizing after all. Should allow for some interesting remarks between them once he snaps out of it.

Edit: By that I mean feel free to converse with the other World Eater on the strange, goofy Death Guard staring dumbly into the sky before moving and trying to talk with him again. Lol.
post #49 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-23-14, 03:38 AM

Euphrati's Flag is: USA

Name: Kazimir Rostislav

Legion: World Eaters- Legionary- Assault

Appearance, Armour, and Wargear: Kazimir's MKIV warplate, like its owner, shows only the true decorations of war that he has earned in his short years amid the hot lust of battle. The curves of the wargear are unadorned other than the tracks of scars under the white and cobalt enameling, marks of fearless aggression gained face to face with those who would oppose the Crusade's order. When his peers mocked him in the pits for not taking trophies from his kills, Kazimir merely grunted and shrugged, casting a ruthless grin of gleaming teeth from under his shaggy mane of mottled brown dreadlocks before asking which fate was worse- to have your defeat remembered by an opponent bedecked with titles and trophies of his prowess or to be dismissed in death on the blade of an unnamed warrior who cares not who you were nor to remember your failure. The bulky turbines of a jump pack that peeks over his shoulders marks him out for his role of assault and suit the ticking need to close with an enemy that is always itching within Kazimir's thick skull. Kazimir stands a slight hand shorter than average for his battle brothers, though his stocky build is unmistakably threatening with corded slabs of muscles wrought across his powerful shoulders and back. His skin is a dusky olive under the tracings of pale scars, and his eyes a bestial shade of dark amber. His favoured weapons are a basic chainsword, marked in blue and white chevrons, and a mark II Mars pattern bolt pistol in arterial red though he has a habit of forgoing both to wade into close quarters with merely his fists or combat blade drawn. He does carry and utilize both krak and frag grenades, though often it is more of as an afterthought than a primary assault.

Personality: Outside of battle, Kazimir is relatively phlegmatic. His rather brusque nature often comes off as uncouth when he speaks his mind- and he is seemingly unaware or uncaring in his youth of the use of tact when it comes to topics he finds important. Despite his blunt approach, those that attempt to match wits with him find a surprisingly keen mind hidden within the shell of a killer. Kazimir once overheard one of the older Terran veterans refer to him as a kahrkuhjoo, some ancient terran beast know for its stubborn tenacity and volatile prowess despite its size and noting that the only way to stop him from pursuing an objective is to give him a new one. Inside of battle, however, he becomes something a bit more unchained and feral thanks to the burning bite of the Butcher's Nails.

Background: Kazimir's homeworld holds only a marker number in the Crusade's records. A small backwater culture under the thumb of a larger, more advance society. The son of a semi-feral tribe, Kazimir was ten winters old when the Crusade's Fleet burst from the warp and announced its message of humanity's compliance. The system's dictator made the greatest, and last, mistake of his reign- demanding that the warriors of the XII Legion submit themselves to his supreme ruling. Less than a fortnight later his death screams went unheard across the primitive vox system of his palace in the northern reaches of the world; the towers of their great city toppled and five million of his subjects already cooling in death, slaughtered to the soul by the single company of World Eaters.

When squads dispersed into the surrounding regions, they were met with a mixture of tribes and subjugated townships. When the squad entered Kazimir's clan's village, many of the adults fled in fear- leaving everything behind including their children in their terror driven flight. Kazimir was one of the abandoned, but instead of howling in panic or hiding in fear, he had leapt from the shadows of his bloodkin's hovel with a snarl and attacked the blue and white monsters barehanded with all the blind ferocity of a rabid puppy. Amused by the feral child's lack of fear- the apothecary attached to the squad sent the filthy, malnourished Kazimir back to the fleet for induction, stating that perhaps the world was worth something despite the lack of sport.

Kazimir had grown under the brutal training, though never quite fitting in with his peers and spending far more time in the company of a select few veteran War Hounds- listening with rapt attention to the recounting of the Legion's honours before the location of their Primarch. The degenerating nature and wild rages of Angron never fully settled with the young tribesman and he found the pits to be a distraction at best, more than once voicing his dissenting thoughts on what he considered 'mock' bloodshed. One hunted for food, not sport, and fought to kill if challenged, not merely for entertainment- and killing was something that he found he was very good at.

When the time came for his full induction as a battle brother, however, Kazimir's group was not given the choice to deny the implantation of the Butcher's Nails. The scratching burn of the implants saw many of the young astartes lose themselves completely in bloodlust, yet Kazimir resisted the degeneration of his personality outside of battle more so than others. The pain was still there, scalding bright and engrossing in the roaring churn of battle, but the grip of the Nails would fade in times of quiet setting the young warrior farther apart from his brothers. Kazimir would give a bemused scratch at the implants buried within his shaggy mane when questioned and muse that perhaps he was already feral enough.

Battles turned into slaughters and the Legion burned its way across the galaxy with fewer and fewer limits heeded upon the enemies that were ignorant enough not to run at the first mention of the approaching fleet. Kazimir grew in his skill and strength, taking his place in an Assault team lead by a grizzled old Terran veteran. Here Kazimir found a kindred spirit in the old warrior, an understanding that bloodshed was more than just a release from the pain of the Nails, it was the way of the galaxy. A necessary balance of fury and power for humanity's humours. This teaching of the past was what marked him out in the end to be culled from the ranks.

Kazimir finds the current events darkly amusing in a way, bearing his teeth up at the heavens as the bombs began to fall, the biting fury of the Nails adding an edge of twitching rage to his low chuckle, 'Oh no, Brothers, you are going to have to do better than that. Come... nugghhn... come down here if you wish my wretched life ended. Come… uggh… come learn just what you have created in me.'
post #50 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-23-14, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
visit roleplay threads!

Very nice Euphrati and glad to have you back on board after a very long hiatus.

I suppose I may just add you into the first post of the action thread since we are still there. I will let you know.

Aside from Lord Ramo, Deus Mortis is the only one left to post and I forgot to give everyone a heads up that he said he likely would not be able to post until the very end of the month. If we are all ready to move on before then, I will likely post the first update. I have faith he will be able to make up for it ;)

Last edited by unxpekted22; 07-23-14 at 01:17 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode