[Recruitment] The Choral City - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-14-14, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark angel View Post
Just reading through Massacre, and I thought I'd point out, that the Space Wolves aren't at Ullanor - So Lucien couldn't have met the Space Wolves, there.
Its in one of these three (Horus Rising, False Gods, Galaxy in Flames) That its stated that even if not the entire legion being there that at the victory of Ullanor all Legion were represented even if it was just a single company or two. So the Wolves were definately there but not the entire legion.

Already, you exalt me for my triumphs, When I ask only that you remember me for my treacheries

Victory is nothing more than survival.
It carries no weight of honour or worth beyond what we ascribe to it.
If you wish to grow wise, learn why brothers betray brothers. - Khyron, First Grand Master of the Eighth Brotherhood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-14-14, 02:11 PM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

Name: Sebastian Aureillian

Legion: Emperor's Children - Lieutenant

Appearance: Sebastian is of above average height for a Space Marine but is also more slender then many of his brothers. He has a young, handsome face, characterised by high defined cheek bones, a narrow jaw and pale blue eyes. His skin is pale and his hair is long and golden blonde. It is most often arranged into two intricate braids, one holding back the majority of his hair while another smaller one is made from the stray hair at the front and is often tucked behind his left ear. Both are generally decorated by thin cords of woven gold leaf adorned with purple gem stones.

He wears a full suit of Mark IV armour decorated with the Palatine Aquila across the breast plate. His Chapter badge is sculpted and protrudes slightly from his left shoulder. A fine white loin cloth embroided with gold hangs between his legs. His left gauntlet has been modified into a small shield, designed like an eagles wing and painted gold.

Sebastian's primary weapon is a hand-and-a-half power sword called Spectre, named for it's pale silver colouring and the ghostly blur it becomes in it's owners hands. It is long and slender, double edged with a slit down the middle to reduce it's weight. Sebastian forged it himself and it is his single most prized possession. He also carries a larger than average combat knife that he can use to dual wield with Spectre. Lastly he carries a standard Umbra Ferrox pattern bolter.

Personality: Sebastian is a typical Emperor's Children Legionary, proud and elegant in both appearance and manner. Although typically aloof, he makes a great effort to be polite to those off all ranks and stations, believing rudeness to be inelegant and imperfect. Like his brothers he strives for perfection in all things and truly believes his Legion to be the greatest of all, leading to some competition when in the company of those of other Legions, especially when slighted, even in jest.

Sebastian is highly competitive, both on the wider field of battle as a leader, but more earnestly as a sole warrior and a swordsman. This leads him to search for duels whenever possible and has resulted in a number of friendly rivalries both within the Legion and beyond it.

Background: Sebastian was born on Chemos, the son of Miners. He was raised on stories of the past and the rise of the hero Fulgrim and was always encouraged to take an interest in the arts and culture, things that were denied to his ancestors. Sebastian became was a bright child and learned quickly. As he grew older he learned more and more of the Emperors Children and longed to join them. He knew that to do this he had to become the best at everything and so began his competitive streak as he longed to outdo his peers both intellectually and physically. He dedication paid off when at the age of 12 he was chosen to join the ranks of the Legions Astartes.

After completing his training, Sebastian was inducted into the 10th Company. He fought on a hundred battlefields and had become a Sergeant by the time the Legion came to Laeran. Though his squad fought valiantly throughout the campaign, they were excluded from the final assault and never reached the Laeran temple that would so effect the Legion's fate.

After the promotion of Captain Tarvitz, Sebastian was part of the Emperor's Children force under Lord Commander Eidolon who fought on Murder and it was here, in the midst of terrible casualties that he became a Lieutenant. Since their time on Murder Sebastian and Saul Tarvitz had become quite close and it is this relationship that led to Lieutenant Aureillian being deployed in the first wave to the Choral City.

-----------------

Hope this is ok. It's a little rushed in a couple of places and I'm not up on all little details of the HH.

Last edited by Asamodai; 07-15-14 at 10:18 AM.
post #33 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-14-14, 03:10 PM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Errmmm...sorry to put a downer on you Asamodai, but the IIIrd legion didn't have psykers. Fulgrim, and by extension the legion, viewed the genetic variation that lead to psykers was an imperfection and so didn't induct them.

I mean it's Unxpekted's call, but from my knowledge of the fluff, both novels and Forge World's HH series, you can't have been an Emperor's Children Librarian. Or if you had, you'd be low ranking, since I doubt they would have let an imperfect soul have command over perfect brethren. But as I said, it's Unxpekted's call.

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.

post #34 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-14-14, 04:40 PM
description whore

deathbringer's Flag is: England

i will try and get a death guard charactor up, the betrayed sons of mortarion cannot go unrepresented but with a fairly long hiatus I am well behind on my heresy reading and have a fairly scattered memory of the original books

in addition I am currently recovering from 3 days at a festival so hope I recover in time to get something up
this looks like a great concept

kudos to lillian thorne for the awesome sig
post #35 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-14-14, 06:57 PM

Editted my character sheet to change a few things, mainly my choice of weapons.

Already, you exalt me for my triumphs, When I ask only that you remember me for my treacheries

If you wish to grow wise, learn why brothers betray brothers. - Khyron, First Grand Master of the Eighth Brotherhood.
post #36 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-15-14, 02:53 AM

Also edited my character's weapons, a finely tuned plasma pistol and a dual headed power axe. If any additional changes are needed please let me know.

Cool that we seem to now have a pretty good variety amongst the Legions represented here. This is going to be so cool, very excited for this rp
post #37 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-15-14, 03:09 AM

Name: Aloros Gilgumman

Legion: Death Guard

Appearance: Aloros stands slightly shorter than the average Astartes but is broader in shoulder, a nod to his genetic inheritance from his primarch. His face is a canvas of pale flesh with blotch marks to make it unmistakable to pick him out as a son of Barbarus. His eyes are however a remarkable feature about him for they are bright green in stark contrast the usually black or dull colors commonly found amongst the Legion. He has only known the feel of hair for a short period of time in his life prior to his falling out given the toxic atmosphere of his home world.

Aloros wears Mk. II 'Crusade' Pattern armor that had been a hand me down from amongst his Legion since the beginning of the Crusade. He does not believe in accepting newer equipment if older, more tested (and therefore reliable) pieces are still serviceable. He has a strong sense of keeping his gear in working, plain order and to that end is armor is unremarkable beyond some of the battle damage, which he has purposely left unrepaired.

He carries with him a Plasma Cannon that he had effectively wielded for decades having been apart of his company's heavy-weapons detachment. The cannon itself it nearly as old as Aloros and this actually has a strong appeal to him as it shows that unlike most of its kind its not unreliable ... so far. He also carries a standard issue combat knife and a bolt pistol should anything happen to his prized cannon.

Personality: A staunch traditionalist and a fierce opponent of any kind of change. Aloros believes that if something is not broken, do not change or modify it. His austere attitude has also earned him the admiration of some within his legion but has earned him an equal amount of scorn by others. This has never seemed to bother him, even as he was passed over for promotions by his superiors. He has never known any real ambition or attitude towards command and has been content to remain in the Legion's unremembered masses.

Background: Aloros was born on the toxic world of Barbarus and was born as one of the barbaric mountain dwellers that often prayed upon the innocent villages in the valleys below. Were it not for fate he would have been born too soon and perhaps may have even grown up with some minor knowledge of the miracle child known as Mortarion, but he was apart of the next generation. He grew up on a Barbarus that his father did not recognize for it was a world ruled by the Death Lord with a cold fist. Whilst some of his people quietly opposed this sudden reversal in their fortunes he was, shocking, quick to embrace this new order (for he had been born into). He was one of the first of Barbarus to be inducted into the newly minted Death Guard.

Aloros should with distinction and valor as any would expect of the Death Guard and quickly adopted and favored the Legion's pastime tactic of simple foot-slogging and attrition warfare which he felt favored the sons of Barbarus. During the Cleansing of Euglora he was noted for his careful application of heavy weapons fire on select portions of the xenos lines which helped to effect a breakthrough. His expertise with heavy weapons, especially las and plasma cannons, was further noted during the events surrounding the events on Nethea.

He was present during the Ullanor Campaign and was often noted to have been having the time of his life. Aloros had often spoken that fighting against waves of Greenskins is what the Emperor made him for, for it was the perfect test of his endurance. The Greenskin was a beast built for attrition and ground-slogging with a low-cunning that would baffle even the more enlightened commander. Aloros was given several recognitions of valor and honor as he was noted to grimly keep walking through the muck, blood and soil mixed trenches straight into Orkish line singing the dour songs of Barbarus to encourage his squad. For Aloros this was likely the best years of his life and its final conclusion actually put a dour sheen over his mood.

It would be after Ullanor that what little recognition Aloros had received would vanish. His commanding officers had made several subtle approaches to him over the coarse of Ullanor, prompting him to accept the gradual change that was overcoming the Legion. They spoke that he was the personification of their grim mindset and he would likely be welcomed with open arms by his like-minded brethren. He almost gave into this whispers during the haughty and high days of fighting the Greenskins but the conclusion of that war brought him down from his high and he grew reclusive. Suddenly he began to cling back to the Legion's traditions and quickly shut out the attempts by his superiors to change his mind. His fortune quickly changed and instead of being given the honor of being the first into the fight or being put in the thickest fighting he was often assigned to rear-guard duties or inglorious assaults.

When he was informed that he would be apart of the first wave to retake Istvaan III from its rebellious populace he was quite surprised and a little excited ...
post #38 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-15-14, 10:22 AM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
Errmmm...sorry to put a downer on you Asamodai, but the IIIrd legion didn't have psykers. Fulgrim, and by extension the legion, viewed the genetic variation that lead to psykers was an imperfection and so didn't induct them.

I mean it's Unxpekted's call, but from my knowledge of the fluff, both novels and Forge World's HH series, you can't have been an Emperor's Children Librarian. Or if you had, you'd be low ranking, since I doubt they would have let an imperfect soul have command over perfect brethren. But as I said, it's Unxpekted's call.
The way I read it the Emperors Children had few Librarians, never enough to form a full Librarius but some never-the-less. Also, I included the whole imperfection thing giving him a self-loathing element that drove him ever further in his desire for perfection to make up for his inherent imperfection.

Also, it seemed Fulgrim couldn't have been 100% against psykers, even if he wasn't a huge fan of them, given that he supported Magnus at the Council of Nikaea.

But, that's unimportant. I've edited it out now and made a couple of other requested changes.
post #39 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-15-14, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
visit roleplay threads!

unxpekted22's Flag is: USA

There are a couple more people who have expressed interest, so I will be waiting a bit longer before making my final list of accepted characters.

Fortunately, the way this RP is set up, it will be extremely easy to introduce new players throughout the role-play if the group loses some of its numbers along the way. Still, it will be important to start out with a strong core group of characters to ensure things get rolling in such a manner.

So if anyone who is interested reads through this, let it be known that anyone is free to submit a character sheet to this thread or through a PM to me at any time. I will let people know if the time comes where I will no longer be accepting anyone new.

If someone makes a post later on asking, there is no need to get annoyed, I have no issue answering them if they are just double checking.

You can never be prepared for the unexpected

post #40 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-15-14, 12:00 PM

Going to post up who has already been accepted Unexpeckted so we know who needs to watch out for the action thread when it comes up?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode