[Recruitment] The Choral City - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-13-14, 09:17 PM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark angel View Post
...during this time he came to dislike the Emperor's Children, decrying them a 'bunch of prancing peacocks and tuneless songbirds...
Oh really? We'll see about that you're top half is being separated from your bottom half by my Phoenix spear. Bloody Cthonians, no class, no finesse, no skill.

Seriously though, looking like a great line up so far

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-13-14, 09:35 PM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
Oh really? We'll see about that you're top half is being separated from your bottom half by my Phoenix spear. Bloody Cthonians, no class, no finesse, no skill.
Come on, mate. Let's be honest, with our track record, your characters are the ones who usually end up bloody, bruised and pulped. Good luck, though! ;)

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #23 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-13-14, 09:42 PM

Name: Captain Lucian Kalistarion

Legion: Sons of Horus

Appearance: Lucian is tall for an Astartes, standing at seven feet eleven inches tall with enough muscle to make him well proportioned for an Astartes with slightly more muscled growth centred around his upper chest and biceps due to his preferred fighting style when during his time as an initiate from wielding two blades along with his bolter. With rather pale skin and shoulder length black hair it is often joked by his fellow battle brothers and captains that he should of been given Raven Guard Gene-Seed instead of that of the Sixteenth Legion. With slate grey eyes and a pointed nose and angular cheek bones if Lucian was still human he would of been called handsome but the affects of the gene-seed have someone blunted his pointed features making him one of those of the Sixteenth Legion called a: True Son of Horus, bearing an uncanny resemblance to his Primarch. The only thing that mars Lucian's somewhat handsome features are three claw mark scars that run from above his right eye down to his upper lip on the left side of his face that make him look like he is always snarling.

Armour: Armour: Lucian wears the Grey-Green armour of the Sons of Horus Legion, with it being custom made to fit his lean form stylized to be similar in appearance to MK IV 'Maximus' Armour with his helmet having been given to him by Decurion Tiberius Loculus during the time which the Emperors Children travelled with the Luna Wolves during the years which the two legions warred side-by-side after the Third Legion suffered an accident with their gene-seed vaults, with the helmet itself looking much like one of the Emperor's Childrens helmets themselves save for its color and lack of horse hair: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuf...GRADE_SET.html . The armour itself has the symbol of the Sons of Horus on his left shoulder pad with his personal insignia of a Black Wolf howling at the moon on his right. Across his back acting as a cloak is the hide / fur of a large black wolf which during his trials on Cthonia over a hundred years ago with the hide being remarkably well preserved. The hide is something that Lucian treasures as it is something that he has in common with his Primarch: Horus Lupercal.

Weaponry: Lucian wields two power swords that are strapped across his back in a X, and a bolter that is mag-locked to his right thigh.

Personality: When with his own men Lucian smiles often and jokes with his sergeants and battle brothers while also taking in the advice of his subordinates seriously when it comes to battle planning. To Lucian there is nothing more important than brotherhood and loyalty, and because of that it means he places his loyalty much like that of Garro and Loken directly to the Emperor first, then his Primarch and finally his company as without the Emperor he would of likely died over one-hundred years ago with no-one really knowing who he is so he sees that he owes the Emperor everything. During times of battle Lucian Kalistarion is as serious as they can come focusing entirely on the objective at hand leaving no room for joking or light-hearted banter in his company as they are there to get the job done and once he and his men have completed their objective then they can joke and celebrate. Lucian is stubborn to a fault, always pushing forwards when required to attack until all his enemies are slain or the objective location taken, and when on the defence he will stubbornly refuse to give ground to the enemy turning any defensive action he is in into a meat-grinder until only the battered, bloody yet unbowed victors are him and his own men.

Background:

Born on Cthonia shortly after the unification wars Lucian was just a child when the Emperor of Mankind came to his homeworld with the Sixteenth Legion and found the first of his lost sons, the Primarchs, Horus Lupercal. Lucian watched in awe at the parading genetically engineered super-soliders of the Imperium and wept tears of joy when he gazed upon the re-union of Horus and the Emperor from the shoulders of his father from the huge crowd that had gathered. It was when Horus left with the Emperor that Lucian swore that he would one day grow up to become one of the greatest solider in the Emperors Imperium and that he would serve Horus Lupercal until his dying breath. Lucian kept this promise to himself and upon his fourteenth birthday he left his family home without telling anyone with what little belongings he had and entered the recruitment centre were he would start his journey to becoming an Astartes of the Luna Wolves.

After the initial tests that stated he was compatible with the gene-seed and that he was young enough to accept it without any problems, Lucian began his training with the rest of the batch of initiates and like them were all found to be worthy of being sent to join the rest of the legion once they where they were quickly assigned to squads, given the weapons of an Astartes and set to work on what would be a long and bloody career full of fighting and glory. As a battle brother Lucian fought at Ullanor with the rest of the Luna Wolf Legion, slaying orks with his brothers in the name of their Primarch and the Emperor, and it was on Ullanor that Lucian first drew notice to himself after leading his two squads of his battle brothers after having their transport shot down and their sergeants killed in the resulting explosion that claimed the lives of four marines.

As recognition for his deeds on Ullanor, after single handily refusing to give ground to an ork counter offensive and allowing time for the fourteenth to regroup by challenging the biggest orks he could see in the horde to single combat, Lucian was awarded the rank of Sergeant and given command of survivors of the two squads that had been in that transport. Lucian continued to lead his squad within the fourteenth company as a sergeant until three legions converged on a planet that would soon to be dubbed: Murder.

Murder was a planet inhabited by the xeno-race called the Mecharachnid, that had already slaughtered the Blood Angels of the Ninth Legion that had been sent to cleanse the world of their taint, and were mid-way through doing the same to the Emperors Children who had gone their to 'reinforce' (No self respecting marine would call it: Rescuing), their brother legion. It was here on Murder that Sergeant-Kalistarion met his old friend from the Emperors Children: Decurion Tiberius Loculus, who while being nine years older than Lucian got on with him as if they had known each other their entire lives, which in some way was true as near the start of the Great Crusade the Emperors Children suffered almost extinction due to a problem with their gene-vaults leaving only 300 marines left by the time their Primarch was found, so it was that the Emperors Children remained with the Luna Wolves until they could rebuilt and start their own crusade and it was during these years that Lucian met and befriended Decurion Tiberius Loculus.

It was also on Murder where the Fourteenth lose their Captain when one of the Mecharachnid warrior forms impaled him through the chest ruining the captains gene-seed before biting the top half of the captains helmet and skull removing it completely. Overcome with rage it was Lucian who slew the killer of 14th's captain by jumping onto its back, before wrapping his left arm around its throat and saved through its jugular with his right sword until the headless corpse fell to the ground. After the events of Murder, Lucian was chosen to lead the Fourteenth Company in honour of avenging his captain, his previous records of valour and from recommendations from four of his fellow sergeants, so it was that Lucian ascended to the rank of captain along with a new shiny helmet, a gift from his friend Decurion.

The Fourteenth was present at Davin where they joined in the assault on the corpse-things guarding the ship of the traitor Temba, and upon news of Horus being wounded Lucian dropped to his knees and roared his sorrow to the sky unashamedly shedding tears for their Primarch who he had followed for almost his entire life. Wanting to know how such a might warrior and leader of men could be brought low Lucian travelled with Tarik of Second, Loken of Tenth and many other members of the Sons of Horus who wished to know what had taken place in Temba's throne room.

Due to being with Loken, Tarik and the others Lucian was no present when the rest of the legion took the Warmaster to the Serpent Lodge to have him 'healed' and upon hearing how such a 'superstitious' place full of mysticism and all things that Imperium stood against, Lucian raised his voice in support of his fellow Captain's against such a thing to the point where he eventually fell out of favour with the other captains and eventually the Warmaster. Having Horus admonish him hit Lucian hard and to regain the trust of his Primarch he through himself into all the up coming battles and conflicts with zeal to try and impress his Primarch once again.

When Horus announced and began picking squads to go down to Isstvan III, which had turned from the light of the Imperium and the Emperor Lucian begged and pleaded Horus to be allowed to go with the first wave as he wanted only to bring more glory to the legion and Horus as a whole, Horus was going to have none of it until Lucian said something, that if he had not would of meant he would of been spared what was to come, his final words that sealed his fate to be bound to Isstvan II:

"I beg you one last time my Lord, please allow me to join the first wave. I will now fail you, I will fight until my dying breath. For the glory of the Sixteenth, For You. And the Emperor!"

Already, you exalt me for my triumphs, When I ask only that you remember me for my treacheries

Victory is nothing more than survival.
It carries no weight of honour or worth beyond what we ascribe to it.
If you wish to grow wise, learn why brothers betray brothers. - Khyron, First Grand Master of the Eighth Brotherhood.

Last edited by revan4559; 07-16-14 at 11:11 AM.

post #24 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-13-14, 09:42 PM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark angel View Post
Come on, mate. Let's be honest, with our track record, your characters are the ones who usually end up bloody, bruised and pulped. Good luck, though! ;)
Well, in AB:TN you were a veteran, and I let you win in Saviors. I think it's about time you got some payback

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
post #25 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-13-14, 09:44 PM

Just looked through all the character sheets. We have 1 Emperors Child, 1 World Eater, and 3 Sons of Horus. Seems Unexpeckted you should of just done a loyalist SoH rp xD lets see if any Death Guard decide to turn up.

Already, you exalt me for my triumphs, When I ask only that you remember me for my treacheries

Victory is nothing more than survival.
It carries no weight of honour or worth beyond what we ascribe to it.
If you wish to grow wise, learn why brothers betray brothers. - Khyron, First Grand Master of the Eighth Brotherhood.
post #26 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-13-14, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
Well, in AB:TN you were a veteran, and I let you win in Saviors. I think it's about time you got some payback
If it's charity you're asking for, mate, then I'll have to decline. To be fair, I offered Ptolemy to lose, but you knew he was so Godly, so supreme, that Nicholas had no chance to succeed. ;)

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #27 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-13-14, 10:30 PM

2 World Eaters Revan. There's two of us! Also, all of your characters are sissies and will fail terrible in the forthcoming fisticuffs within this RP and other barbs and pleasantries.

This looks like it's gonna be awesome. But uhhh...Everyone sure loves some volkite weapons lol.
post #28 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-14-14, 12:34 AM
Irn Bru 32!

Nacho libre's Flag is: Scotland

Name: Darius Gratus

Legion: Emperors Children

Appearance: Standing at just under 7'6 Darius is of average height, even by astartes standards. He has white hair and blue eyes, which shows that his family has deep roots on chemos. Darius's skin is lightly tanned, most likely from seeing many different sun rises on many different worlds across the galaxy during the great crusade. He has an angular jaw which always gives gives his face a gaunt look to it, often sparking up taunts from his squad members who often say that he is "too perfect". Darius may have been classed as handsome if it wasn't for the unbalanced facial features that becoming a space marine created. Darius wears a suit of mkIV plate that is colored in the purple and gold of his legion. On his left shoulder pad he has the symbol of his legion inlaid into the ceramite with gold. On his right shoulder pad he had the arrow marking of a tactical squad and the squad of which he is a part of. Darius proudly wears the aquila on his breastplate knowing that the emperor chose his legion to bear such a symbol, and that wearing the aquila was just another step towards the perfection that he strives to achieve. The only thing marking Darius's features is a row of service studs that show the many conflicts that he has been a part of.

Wargear: Darius wields a bolter, bolt pistol, combat knife and 2 frag grenades

Personality: Darius is known to be one of the more approachable astartes in his squad and often allows remembrancers to question him as long as it doesn't compromise the mission. Due to his age and short time as a full astartes he is often mocked by his superiors who believe that he is a whelp. To counter this Darius spends hours upon hours honing his skills in the practice cages between engagements and warp travel, hoping that he may prove himself and be accepted as a warrior of his legion. When in combat Darius is cool and calculated and always focuses on the task at hand and will not stop until it is done or he is dead.

Background: Born on chemos about 100 years into the great crusade, Darius was born in one of the many cities on the planet of perpetual twilight. his mother was an artist, while his father was a peace keeper. He grew up a part of a well off family and from a young age realized the importance of art and recreation. As he grew up he heard of the mighty space marine legions and swore that he would one day walk among them to reclaim the galaxy in the name of the emperor. When Darius was 12 years of age he was selected as an initiate for the trials to become a space marine of the 3rd legion. Even though the trials were tough darius managed to pass them and was selected for the long years ahead of genetic and chemical altering that would change his body and mind forever.

After decades spent in one of the scout companies Darius was finally selected to become a full astartes due to the many losses suffered by the legion in a recent battle. This day was the day when he could finally make his legion proud. As the years past Darius was a part of many battles, such as the diosporex and murder. There was one captain that he always looked up to, that captain was saul tarvitz. Darius thought that captain Tarvitz was the perfect officer because he didn't ask to many questions, he just did it without question.

when Darius was told that he would be taking place in the first wave going down to istvaan 3 he couldnt hide his joy, it was finally time for him to prove himself to his squad mates. little did he know however is that he wouldn't have the chance.

Last edited by Nacho libre; 07-14-14 at 12:38 AM.
post #29 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-14-14, 03:04 AM
Darius O's's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krymson86 View Post
2 Also, all of your characters are sissies and will fail terrible in the forthcoming fisticuffs within this RP and other barbs and pleasantries.
Ohh I'd be careful if I were you. Most legionnaires don't take insults well. The next time you turn around it may be a loyalist weapon that bites into your back. ;)

Everyone loves the new volkite weapons. Who doesn't want to use an approved space marine death ray?
post #30 of 201 (permalink) Old 07-14-14, 11:25 AM

Just reading through Massacre, and I thought I'd point out, that the Space Wolves aren't at Ullanor - So Lucien couldn't have met the Space Wolves, there.

'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode