[Recruitment] The Choral City - Page 20 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #191 of 201 (permalink) Old 10-13-15, 04:23 AM

Meh. Another thread dies. Heresy had a bit of a revival and seems like its dipped off again. Was fun while it lasted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 201 (permalink) Old 10-13-15, 05:27 PM

If you feel like the roleplay threads are falling help fix it. Don't complain and talk about it. Take action and host a roleplay thread on the forum now instead of complaining.
post #193 of 201 (permalink) Old 10-14-15, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
visit roleplay threads!

unxpekted22's Flag is: USA

I've been hosting RPs on this site for seven years my friend. It's not easy. In that time I've only seen a handful come to a completed ending. If people don't have time or don't feel like continuing it's not anything I can force upon them. I have plenty of other things to keep me busy in the meantime. A good, fulfilling RP takes a lot of time and preparation, from my experience.

It is true, that the traffic here has been much less than it was a few years ago, so I'd say that's more of a fact than a complaint.

You can never be prepared for the unexpected

post #194 of 201 (permalink) Old 10-17-15, 12:53 AM

Never said it was easy. Just sort of wondering why Hersey had a bit of a revival but recently seemed to drop off almost completely. Just seems strange as there was a lot of enthusiasm and returning users in the RP section and everyone seems to have disappeared again.

Warminded, I fully understand and appreciate the challenges of hosting an rp, which is why I don't do it often and not here. Not meant to be complaining, merely making an observation.

I think maybe as 40k wanes in popularity so too has this forum. I'll still check back in now and again. I thoroughly enjoyed Choral for as long as it lasted, just a shame that we're calling it quits before reaching some of the more climactic events.
post #195 of 201 (permalink) Old 10-17-15, 11:51 AM
Senior Moderator

The reason for the revival and subsequent dip, forum wide, was a thread made by Heresy vets wondering what could be done to make the site better. When told more content was need, fifteen or so non staff members stepped up for a few months and made new content. But month after month of seemingly being the only ones doing that takes its toll, and they have slowly stopped.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #196 of 201 (permalink) Old 10-19-15, 09:50 AM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

Out of curiosity Unxpekted, would we ever have found Captain Tarvitz?
post #197 of 201 (permalink) Old 10-20-15, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
visit roleplay threads!

I made an effort during this RP to not make many long-term plans. This is part of the reason why the updates took me so long to write, other than trying to stay true canon as much as possible. After each set of posts I went in whatever direction seemed best according to all the information I have on the events that transpired on Isstvan III, and depending on what the players decided for their characters. I did my best to stick to the timeline of events probably more than anything, such as how much time passed before the first Traitor forces landed in the city, the seeker and biker squads being deployed, the storms rising, the Titan footsteps, etc.

Tarvitz's path on his way through the city is pretty detailed, so I did not plan on the players finding him initially, but a lot of time passes in the books once he returns to the Palace. The scene where Lucius decapitates the Chaplain is like, weeks or maybe even months I can't remember at the moment, after the virus bombing. So, if the players did make their way back to the Palace at some point, they likely would have found him there.

post #198 of 201 (permalink) Old 10-20-15, 09:31 AM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

post #199 of 201 (permalink) Old 10-21-15, 10:27 AM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Also, out of interest, would it have been possible (not necessarily likely) that we could have escaped Isstvan?

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
post #200 of 201 (permalink) Old 10-21-15, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
visit roleplay threads!

Yeah I was definitely leaving it open as an option... as much of a fan I am of glorious, dramatic, and epic deaths.

As unlikely as it seems, a small amount of loyalists did make it out alive, so I had no reason to make it a rule that your Marines wouldn't be among them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode