[Recruitment] The Choral City - Page 18 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #171 of 201 (permalink) Old 09-09-15, 01:22 PM

McScottish's Flag is: Scotland

Name: Besnik Muzg

Legion: XIVth Legion - formerly the Dusk Raiders, now the Death Guard

Appearance, armour, and wargear: As a son of the Clan of Muzg, a renowned and violent clan even among the warlike peoples of Albia, it was quite inevitable that Besnik would come to represent this both in mind and in his bodily appearance; standing at an average height of seven feet and three inches, when out of his armour, he has the look of an experienced pugilist and wrestler - not at all strange, considering he is both - his shaven cranium of dark stubble sloping down to an almost neanderthal brow line, two eyes of stormy grey glaring out from deep-set sockets and brows of black hair as if challenging anyone and everyone.

Continuing from the top, his nose and ears are certainly that of a fighter, the former having clearly been broken a number of times, and the latter both formed into the well known 'cauliflower ears' of the martial man. His thick-set jaw is kept equally as hairless as his head, crossed with faded scars, and nearly as square as the remainder of his body, his torso very much seeming like a solid slab of rock...except made from muscle, bone and sinew; each limb is like the trunk of a tree, stretched psychically as far as the unique physiology of the Astartes will allow them to go, muscles rippling clearly beneath his rather pale skin as he moves and his hands more than able to crush the skull of both mortal man and Space Marine both.

In battle this native son of Terra girds himself in his not-always-reliable suit of Mk III 'Iron' Pattern power armour, the entire construct a walking edifice to brutal frontal assaults and wars of attrition; from the numerous pits left by solid shells and projectiles, to the deeply burnt scorch-marks of more laser based weaponry, Besnik accepts them all on his re-painted armour of ivory-grey - if one looks close enough they may be able to see through those battle markings, just under the surface of those Death Guard colours, the crimson shoulder plate, gauntlet, knee and stormy colours of the obsolete Dusk Raiders.

As both a member of the earlier Dusk Raiders, and as one of the re-minted Death Guard, the sturdy armour of this Astartes - minus the usual Legion and rank markings of all marines - goes completely unadorned. Even on Terra it was considered garish and unmanly to decorate ones armour and oneself, at least among his people. Battle scars were the only decoration that a man would need, and he has plenty of them.

With him he carries at all times the tools of his trade - the boltgun, the combat knife (infused with one of the many deadly toxins commonly swallowed by the Death Guard) and a bolt pistol at his hip; he does not believe that anything else should be needed, and if the worst comes to the worst he always has himself to use as a weapon.

Personality: Besnik is almost as dour as they come, even for one of his Legion, although unlike many of his Terran brethren this is in no way connected to their shared remembering of old glories, traditions and customs from before the Great Crusade began and they were reunited with their Primarch. Although his demeanour is rather without emotion, fatalistic, and black, there are plenty who have seen this as a sign that he must therefore be mentally slower to boot! This, as those many have found, is certainly not the case and Besnik is actually in possession of a rather keen, logical, and cunning intellect that has allowed him to foresee many things that others cannot both on and off of the field of battle. When the bullets and dirt starts flying is when he truly comes alive, amidst the cries and screams of his enemies, fighting alongside his brothers and in the name of his Emperor - who he still considers his true liege - and in the rarest of circumstances he has even been known to sneer, which is as close to a smile as he can get.

Background: By the time of his birth, the region known as 'Old Albia' in Imperial records had already been subjugated by the Emperor and his Thunder Warriors for many years, though tales were still told of their defeat at the hands of this golden warrior, and it would be almost forty years before he was chosen to leave with a tithe of mostly younger men; these 'tithes' were by now commonplace throughout Terra, with the Emperor's new legions requiring manpower and the dawning of the Great Crusade just over the horizon, each former city-state, nation, or whatever they had chosen to call themselves before their current states, having their men literally harvested and placed into the ranks of what would become the formations of the Astartes Legiones.

Having been born into a powerful clan within the hierarchy of his own people, it was natural that they should look up to Besnik even before being warped into something both more and less than human, attempting to give him a place of honour within their ranks as a Decurion, but the grim warrior had little time for such things and accepted the role of a simple Sergeant in one of the Dusk Raiders sixth company tactical squads. There he remained as the Emperor put down the last vestiges of rebellion and resistence upon Terra, the battles he fought in no longer even known to the Imperium by the end of the Great Crusade, the names of the despots, tyrants and dictators torn asunder by the dawn raids of his legion nothing but dust, except in the minds and hearts of those that had helped to end them.

Eventually the Great Crusade began, the Dusk Raiders traveling forth with their Astartes brothers into the dark void of space, and for eighty bitter years Besnik would lead his brothers into combat again and again. The Dusk Raiders, as they came to be known by friend and foe alike, gained a reputation second to none and flew high upon a golden period of accolades and merit that none thought could end so soon...but end it did. Besnik, scarred and well-known by his peers, finally accepted the rank of Decurion - little knowing that he would not have much time to keep it.

The coming of Mortarion would change everything, for he bought with him outlandish customs, traditions and rituals from his own toxic homeworld, but perhaps most bitter for those of Terran-born stock were the multitudes of Barbarus kin who would come to swell the ranks of the Fourteenth Legion; these strange outsiders bought with them a language and a culture as alien to these veterans as any outside foe that they fought, the heart of the legion first splitting in two and then, with the demise of more Terrans and the recruitment of further Barbarus masses, tipping the scales in favour of the foreign majority. Never much of a tradionalist, Besnik nevertheless shared the views of his countryman - a certain Captain Garro - and, at least inside, was stung by the decree which stripped his legion of its former name (and therefore all glories), seeing a future as bleak as the world from which these newcomers came.

With the completion of the Ullanor campaign, a bloodbath in which the Death Guard and Besnik had plied their deadly and stoic trade like the masters they were, the Emperor returned to Terra and left his children under the command of his favoured son...

While not openly phased by his leaving, Besnik and other Terran veterans began to sharply realise that now they were truly alone, surrounded on all sides by brothers that saw them either as relics, or fools for clinging to what they had lost.

Time would pass and, by the time of the assault on Istvaan III, Besnik had been demoted once more to the rank of Sergeant; why this was so is somewhat of a mystery, but many say that in one of his rare shows of outward emotion he openly opposed a senior officer...some say Typhus and others whisper that it was Mortarion himself. Whatever the truth of it, he was placed once more in the front ranks of the Sixth Company and dropped into the Choral City, there to do the Emperor's bidding or die trying.

Last edited by McScottish; 09-11-15 at 08:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 201 (permalink) Old 09-09-15, 01:25 PM

There we are!

I did speed-write it, so I expect (and accept) any criticism thrown my way, I also realise that the history is pretty all over the place and do intend to edit it at some point, if you'd like me too.

So, the real question is, do I pass?
post #173 of 201 (permalink) Old 09-10-15, 02:54 AM

We all need to reinvigorate the RPs here on Heresy.

post #174 of 201 (permalink) Old 09-11-15, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
visit roleplay threads!

unxpekted22's Flag is: USA

Looks good to me Scottish.

One edit I would like you to make is the Decurion bit, as that is an Emperor's Children specific role, as far as I know. It is their equivalent to a Lieutenant in most Legions.

I will start working on the next update, then.

Would you need me to catch you up on the action thread or do you have the gist of what's happened so far?

You can never be prepared for the unexpected

post #175 of 201 (permalink) Old 09-11-15, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unxpekted22 View Post
Looks good to me Scottish.

One edit I would like you to make is the Decurion bit, as that is an Emperor's Children specific role, as far as I know. It is their equivalent to a Lieutenant in most Legions.

I will start working on the next update, then.

Would you need me to catch you up on the action thread or do you have the gist of what's happened so far?

I thought it was all 'Centurion' and 'Decurion' in the Heresy legions?

Either way, I'll change it and then read up on what's happening thus far, so by the time it comes to post I should certainly have the gist.
post #176 of 201 (permalink) Old 09-11-15, 09:21 PM

Righto, I believe I am up-to-date on the goings on, and now prepared for action; i shall await your update and the opportunity to leap...or crawl...or whatever into action.
post #177 of 201 (permalink) Old 09-16-15, 07:24 PM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Well, figured I'd post here and hopefully we can get a bit of a collaboration going.

At this point we are all pretty busted up with dirt and grime. My theory is if one or two of us 'fight' Kyros, then the tactical squad won't bother to vox for support but will just rush in to kill them. The rest of our group hide. As soon as the mob gets close, the hidden guys jump out of hiding and we turn round. Hopefully the surprise will kill them all quickly enough and the fact that the World Eaters will be focused on the 2/3 people dueling, they might miss those hiding behind crystal and what not.

That's my thought, what about you folks?

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
post #178 of 201 (permalink) Old 09-16-15, 09:58 PM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

Krateron will be more than happy to go toe-to-toe with Kyros. He's a brawler, he's unhappy, and he's not a huge fan of the World Eaters.

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #179 of 201 (permalink) Old 09-17-15, 03:39 AM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

Sounds good, as long as we're sure there's somewhere to hide and enough space in the catacomb for them to get past the hiders without detecting them.
post #180 of 201 (permalink) Old 09-17-15, 10:45 AM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Unx said we're assuming there is enough cover to hide us from when the squad initially passes by. I'm thinking we should have at least two fighting to make sure that they take the bait and actually bother to engage.

So Akkad can fight Kyros, if you're happy with that @Krymson86 . @McScottish did you want to be part of the fight given your character's reputation as a pugilist or would you like to be part of the ambush? Or any other plan if you've got one.

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode