[Action] In Our Darkest Hour - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-22-14, 01:20 PM

Mordred stared at the Ogryn infront of him for a few moments picking out the details and its mutations before charging forward towards it as the sub-human pulls out a large wrench and swings it at him. Ducking under it Mordred brings his blade up holding the hilt in two hands and activates its power field to aid him in sliding through the Ogryn's wrist so that it would drop its make-shift club. Spinning around behind it Mordred then brings his blade down slicing through the tendons in both of its legs forcing to the sub-human to drop down onto its knee's and bringing his blade up in a reverse grip Mordred sighs realizing that this fight could of gone on longer if he wished it but he had a duty to perform. Bringing the point of his blade down through the back of the bellowing Ogryn's neck he severs its spinal cord and punctures several of its main organs before withdrawing his blade and then leaves the creature to die as he strides over to Talerion who has now finished slaying the crew members they were hunting.

Nodding to Talerion the two of them set off again with Mordred himself running infront as they begin to make their way back towards the bridge and their main objective, raising his left hand up to his head Mordred winces as he closes his eyes for a few moment as his pre-cognitive psychic abilities kick in, showing him a future where in that five more strides up towards Mordred's upper body being consumed in the fiery inferno of a plasma weapon blast and the flicker of a claw swinging out to punch through Talerion's neck. Eyes snapping open Mordred skids to a halt just before the corner with his free hand snapping out to grab a hold of Talerion's shoulder pad and yanks him backwards as the plasma blast flies infront of them and slams into the wall to their left having scorched Talerion's chestplate and Mordred himself having the front of his armour burnt black from abdomen to gorget by the head from the plasma itself with his armour giving him warning signs of high temperatures as its cooling systems kick in.

Mordred scrapped off some of the flaking scorched parts of his chestplate with his left hand when Talerion send him the mental message of him asking if it was an Astartes and Mordred nodded his head as he stepped around the corner bringing his force sword up to block a strike from a mutated and fused reptilian looking claw that was apart of a Traitor Marine that Mordred had hoped were all dead. Armoured in deep crimson and silver armour, a member of the Forsworn warband now stood infront of the two Grey Knights which should of all been killed when the Darkest of Days had been destroyed though given that when the traitor legions split into warbands it was possible that the warbands themselves split again and that it was possible there were still some members alive elsewhere in the galaxy.

Blocking a second strike from the claw that was intend on punching through his abdominal armour Mordred back peddled a few feet as he saw the Traitor Marine raise his plasma pistol up towards his chest and unleash its fury, trying to twist to the side Mordred let out a small sign as he saw the plasma blast slam into a pyrokenetic shield that had been constructed by Talerion and he nodded back to his brother as he joined him in melee combat wielding his Force Halberd with all of his skin before turning back to look at the Traitor infront of him, watching the plasma pistol unleash another shot that was stopped by the shield Mordred stepped forward and flicked his blade out slicing through the barrel of the plasma weapon making his opponent drop it incase the weapons machine spirit went critical and detonated in his hand aswell as the tip continuing up towards the traitors helmet with perfect precision to slide through the marines chin and skull but at the last moment the Traitor jerked his head back and instead of having his skull split in two.

Watching the helmet spin away and reveal the traitors face Mordred froze for a fraction of a second as he recognized the marine infront of him from the Darkest of Days:

Mordred stood in the center of three members of the Forsworn with his two handed force sword flicking out to block and parry the blows of their chain weapons and punish the traitors who had turned their back on the Emperor but removing chunks of their armour and bodies with each strike killing them slowly piece by piece until he left them bleeding on the floor handless and legless below the knee's. Turning to his left Mordred's face twisted into a snarl of pain and grief as he saw Brother Inoe collapse to his knee's with a mutated Lightning Claw punching though the side of his neck but that was nothing compared to the scene playing out directly infront of him as he saw the leader of the Forsworn, a Sorcerer named Kar'Tha leave Justicar Zephyr's armour smoking from between its joints with black sorcerous lightning crackling between its plates.

His mind snapping back into the present Mordred ignored the threats from the traitor marine infront of him and Talerion's plea for them to work together, shaking his head from side to side Mordred motioned for Talerion to step back as he spoke through the vox unit in his helmet for them both to hear. "Stay back Brother Talerion." Mordred said as he strode forward his blade gripped in both hands as he stared through his blue helmet lens at the marine infront of him. "Kael'Zar Telratheon, Warrior of the Forsworn, Once member of the Seventeenth Legion, the Word Bearers. In the name of the Emperor of Mankind today Inoe soul will find peace as I send your soul screaming to your false-gods. Lay down your arms and accept your death like the Astartes you once were or fall to your knee's weeping for the aid of your gods, I care not. Know only that you die at the hands of Mordred, Battle Brother of Inoe. Member of Squad Dothrac, Member of the Grey Knights and Loyal servant of the Emperor of Mankind." With that Mordred sprinted forward leaving Talerion behind him as his blade flicked with the tip aimed at the seal between Kael'Zars fore-arm and his bicep to sever the mutated claw from its owner and Mordred watched with a face as still as if it were carved from marble as the mutated weapon dropped to the floor and its owner howl in pain.

Continuing to press the attack Mordred step inside of Kael's guard as he tried to draw the chain-sword sheathed at his hip with his free hand and used the edge of his blade to several the none mutated hand of the traitor marine before crashing his helmet into Kael's face. For almost all of his opponents Mordred fought with honor so that they might have a worthy death but for an Astartes there was no such honor and Mordred would fight with ever trick in the book. As Kael reeled back from the head-butt Mordred brought his blade flashing down to sever the traitors right leg just below the hip and stepped over him as he crashed to the ground heading for the door which the Forsworn had come from as he send a psychic message to Talerion. +"Brother Talerion, Inoe was closer to you then he was to me so it is only right you have the honour of sending this worms soul screaming into the abyss. Once you have I suggest you contact Justicar Galahad and inform him of potential Forsworn presence aboard this ship. I shall keep an eye out while you commune with our Justicar incase there are more of this traitors Ilk about."+

With that Mordred stood watch at the door with his head turned slightly so he could observe Talerion finish the traitor and listen to any last words that Kael might have to say before he died.

OOC: Talked with Deus about this over skype and he said it was alright, but if anything needs changing then let me know. Also Deus remember the conversation we had about Kar'Tha? I've left that up to you to put in your update if you wish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-24-14, 05:09 PM
Reaper of Souls

Santaire's Flag is: United Kingdom

It is hard to describe a sending. The world explodes around you as you reach a whole new level of consciousness. The details and colours of the world fade, sound is gone and everything is black but for the tiny sparks of light that mark the minds of individuals. These sparks open up as you focus on them to show the souls of those responsible for their existence. Some sparks, like those of my battle-brothers, shone like suns but those touched by Chaos were dim and oily. Then there were the ones that marked those men so corrupted by Chaos that their light was almost gone, merely a dark grey stain on the black, almost indistinguishable from the darkness around it. Distance means nothing in a sending, a man less than ten metres away can seem a mile from you and yet the distance is covered in less than a second.

Dim lights greeted me as my mind rushed away from the shining brightness of my brothers towards where Mordred and Talerion were fighting. That was until my mind slammed to a halt against a mind so black I had not even seen it. This was not the thing that made me stop however. What stopped me was how similar the mind was to my own.

“Traitor Astartes,” I breathed.

Now that I had encountered one I saw the rest, the corruption evident to my mind. Two of their minds were visible, far from each other in the sending but I could sense that in truth they were close together along with a dozen other minds. I rushed for one of the minds, slipping into him and looking through his eyes. I saw them, two giants in power armour. But their presence was not what caused my grip on my host’s mind to shudder as I felt rage boil up through my mind to the forefront. Like rats scuttling from a sinking ship, the Forsworn had evidently survived the destruction of the Darkest of Days. Two of them stood before my host.

My rage was swiftly replaced by horror though. If these had survived, perhaps Kartha himself had escaped the space hulk. I needed to speak with Mordred, but I would leave it till after we had destroyed this ship.

I stood swiftly from my pose, shaking myself out of the Sending and surveying the carnage my brothers had wrought as they defended my still form. “We must make haste brothers, this situation has become far more grave. The Forsworn are on board and we will face two of them on the bridge,” I said, using my real voice before turning and leading the way to the bridge, operating on the memory of the man whose mind I had entered. Down the corridor to the right I took the second left, spinning and leaping up the stairs that took me two floors up. A right turn led to a second staircase and I twisted, rebounding off the wall to sprint down the left corridor to the bridge.

The first man to turn and face me was sent flying away as I smashed into him, knocking him back into one of his compatriots. I didn’t even do them the dignity of a bolter round, simply continuing past them. My stave caught the third on the side of the head, caving his skull in before I spun and used my momentum to bring the stave whistling round in a blow that would have felled an ox and therefore did more than enough damage to the emaciated man it slammed into. Through all of this I was still hurtling towards the bridge, my normally calm soul and peacemaking demeanour shattered by the pressing need to end what we had started aboard the Darkest of Days.

Zephyr, Inoe, Emrys. My brothers would be avenged if I had to carve my way through every Forsworn still living.

I burst through onto the bridge and saw the Chaos Marines standing atop a podium at the far end. They leapt down and charged to face us. Auril opened fire on one of them beside me, a warrior bearing a crackling power maul and a bolt pistol. I could have saved him the ammo, these traitors would not fall to a simple volley of bolt rounds, blessed through the ammo was. A bark of the traitor’s pistol sent a bolt round into Auril’s helmet, snapping his head back and enraging me. Auril stepped back in to challenge the warrior, matching him blow for blow though neither could land a strike on the other. +Justicar+ Auril pulsed through the mental link.

I stepped forward as the traitor knocked my brother’s sword aside with his bolt pistol and swung the crackling power maul at Auril’s head. I caught it on my staff’s haft and twisted it, knocking his arm out of my way as I smashed my left fist into his face. “Zephyr,” I hissed with the first blow before stepping back away from his spitting bolt pistol and twisting to dodge the rounds.

Auril took up the fight as I dodged. He lunged, whipcord fast and his blade scored a deep mark in the Forsworn’s armour and scrape across it, finally driving through the gap between the Forsworn’s left pauldron and arm and cutting into his arm, causing the traitor to step back to look us over. I could feel his mocking grin beneath the helmet as I stood beside Auril, falling back to place my weight on my rear foot and raising my Warding Stave in a guard position. We struck first, Auril taking a pace forward and swinging his sword in a wide arc at the traitor’s head as I kicked the bottom of my Warding Stave so that I could catch the lower half with my left hand and drive the sharpened tip towards our foe’s midriff. If either blow had connected the battle would likely have ended there and then but the Forsworn stepped back from lunge and stopped Auril’s sword by swinging his power maul at the blade, causing my brother to flinch at the sheer force and giving the Forsworn an opportunity to fire a bolt round that caught Auril in the chest and sent him stumbling back as the Chaos Marine tried to seize his advantage and bring his maul down on my brother’s shoulder.

I flicked my stave up, catching the blow and driving up to stop his strike from landing before stepping close and driving my fist into his stomach as I had earlier punched him in the face. “Inoe,” was the name I hissed this time as I drove him back with several devastating punches to the stomach and chest before he dropped his bolt pistol and caught my fist in one gauntleted hand, lunging his power maul at my chest and sending me flying back as the discharge flared. I landed on my shoulder, my hands empty of weapons as I slid across the floor while flat on my back.

I shook my head to clear my mind as I rolled over and, pressing both of my hands to the floor beneath my chest, I pushed myself up onto all-fours, looking up at where Auril and the traitor fought. I could see blood pouring from rents in the traitor’s armour and the gaps between plates where Auril had struck but still the Forsworn kept fighting, swinging his power maul is great arcs to keep my brother on the defensive, driving him back step-by-step. I climbed to my feet and threw myself back into the fight.

Auril, seeing me out of the corner of his eye, used his sword to knock the traitor’s blade wide as I crashed into him, sending him to the floor. I twisted off the traitor, snatching up my Warding Stave before leaping to my feet. I spun and, seeing the traitor on his knees and beginning to rise, moved to him and raised my Warding Stave above my head. “Emrys,” I hissed as I drove the Warding Stave down into his chest as he tried to rise. I drove it through him and pinned him to the deck before Auril stepped up beside me and swung his sword in a coup de grâce that removed the traitor’s head.

We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment - and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly.
— Flemeth

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
post #43 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-25-14, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Captain Gul had realised too late that it was no mere mutiny that was tearing his ship apart. When the four Astartes had stormed the bridge, their resplendent silver armour stung his eyes harshly enough to bring tears to the corners of them. The two Astartes who had guarded the bridge stood to protect them, but whatever darkness shrouded them was no match for the light that blazed from these four.

Suddenly the enormity of what they had done dawned on Captain Gul. They had murdered their previous Captain and countless other innocents besides. Good men and women, people with lives and hopes and dreams. Gul and the others who momentarily drew breath had killed them for nothing more than selfish ambition’s sake. The blood of the men who had fought before and for them, who had trained them and nurtured them was on their hands. Even once their guardians were dead some of the bridge crew tried to fire on these Astartes. Captain Gul simply fell to his knees “I repent! I repent!” One of these silver Angels of Death stood over his pleading, crying form and spoke words of retribution. Then the sword descended and the man named Halvdan Gul was no more.

Galahad: You finish your duel with the corrupted member of the Sanctified, having spoken the words of your fallen brothers to grant them a measure of peace. You look to your side to see Ianus and Cato decapitating their foe, Cato crushing the helmet of the cursed Astarte’s helmet. Once the Forsworn are dead, all that remains is slaughtering the bridge crew. Some fire on you with las-pistols or other side-arms, none of which harm you. Some drop to their knees and beg for mercy or forgiveness. It doesn’t matter. They are traitors to the Him On Terra, and their fate is decided by their treachery.

Once they are all dead, you set Ianus to work shutting down the life support systems. Your advanced physiology and Aegis armour will protect them from the oxygen being sucked out of all available vents. Very quickly the ship goes from a den of sinner to a corpse ship. You then contact Brotherhood Champion Jairus to let him know that you have control of the ship. He lets you know that he is about to bring the squad he is currently with. Moments later there is a thunderclap of teleportation energy and Brotherhood Champion Jairus surrounded by five other Grey Knights whom you’ve never met.

Talerion: Mordred incapacitated the Forsworn before you and allows you the honour of the kill. Before you kill him he gargles through the black blood spilling from his cracked lips “This world will fall to the Word and blood. You cannot stop it. You failed to even save your brothers Mordred. How will you save an entire planet?” With that your halberd separates his head from his shoulders and, although perhaps only in part, your brother’s death is avenged.

Moments later your suit informs you that the oxygen and gravity have been cut and that the ship is slowly dying. The mag-clamps in your boots keep you on the floor and your suit recycles the air but all around you the ship is suffocating. You can inform Galahad of the Forsworn presence if you wish, but moments later you feel the mind of Brotherhood Champion Jarius press against your own, and it is not a pleasant sensation.

Auril: You finish your duel with the corrupted member of the Sanctified, having spoken the words of your fallen brothers to grant them a measure of peace. You look to your side to see Ianus and Cato decapitating their foe, Cato crushing the helmet of the cursed Astarte’s helmet. Once the Forsworn are dead, all that remains is slaughtering the bridge crew. Some fire on you with las-pistols or other side-arms, none of which harm you. The captain of the ship drops to his knees before you, pleading repentance. Speak your judgement over his soul and then continue the massacre of these heretics.

Once they are all dead, Galahad sets Ianus to work shutting down the life support systems. Your armour blinks at you to tell you that all the oxygen is gone from the air and you are now on recycled air in your suit. Not that that worries you, since your suit can sustain you in void conditions for many hours. The life readings on the ship slowly start to blink out until only the six of you on board remain. Galahad then contacts Brotherhood Champion Jarius to inform him that your mission is complete. Moments later there is a thunderclap of teleportation energy and Brotherhood Champion Jairus surrounded by five other Grey Knights whom you’ve never met.

Mordred: You watch as Talerion prepares to kill this hated for of yours. Before he dieshe gargles through the black blood spilling from his cracked lips “This world will fall to the Word and blood. You cannot stop it. You failed to even save your brothers Mordred. How will you save an entire planet?” Moments later the halberd descends and his miserable life is ended. Still his mere existence symbolises a far more frightening prospect that those you assumed dead aboard Darkest of Days are still alive and free to menace you.

While you think on these things your suit informs you that the oxygen and gravity have been cut and that the ship is slowly dying. The mag-clamps in your boots keep you on the floor and your suit recycles the air but all around you the ship is suffocating. You can inform Galahad of the Forsworn presence if you wish, but moments later you feel the mind of Brotherhood Champion Jarius press against your own, and it is not a pleasant sensation.

All: The mission is complete but there are some revelations here that some or all of you wished were not true. However, all is not well. Jairus surveys the scene. Two Astartes are dead, but two of your numbers aren’t here and your armour is damaged. Although his face is hidden, you can feel his thoughts grow dark. +Where are you Brother Talerion and Brother Mordred?+ Your communion answer that they are in the ships bowels, making their way to the bridge. You all feel Jairus skimming your thoughts to find out how the mission proceeded.

His psychic silence is enough to warn you that he is less than impressed. +Talerion, Mordred you reckless fools! You fight as a unit, as a brotherhood. Not as individuals charging off after personal glory. You have a duty to respect your Justicar, and you have failed in that. Now get back here.+ With that you feel the attention of your leader turn on those of you on the bridge +Auril, you have acted as I would expect one of our order to act. Galahad, perhaps I was mistaken with leaving you in charge of a squad so soon after you lost your Justicar. You will retain your title and your authority, but your squad will shadow me until such a time as you are able to command on your own. +

There is a pause and you feel Jairus withdraw from you minds, leaving you to your own thoughts. You see the Justicar of the squad opposite nod in acknowledgement before Jairus speaks audibly over the vox. “Ianus, you will move under Justicar Santoro’s command. Squad Dothrac, you will welcome Brother Eriban to your squad. Now, were going back to “Holy Wrath” for your armour to be repaired. You have one hour, then we are heading down to the surface.” With that, you are teleported back to “Holy Wrath”. You should all head to the armoury for your armour to be repaired with Brotherhood Champion Jairus’ words still ringing in your ears and Brother Eriban in your midst.

Eriban: You shake of the wrenching feeling of teleportation back to “Holy Wrath” with your squad, Squad Dvorn, and Brotherhood Champion Jairus. Ever since you have returned from you duties with Inquisitor Carussi came to an end about a month ago, Jairus has kept you more than others in your squad by his side. Whilst Jairus is a renowned warrior within the 8th Brotherhood, he also carries the responsibilities if the chaplains found in many other Astartes Chapters. Perhaps it is your spiritual health he worries about and hence why he keeps you so close.

You have just finished killing the engines on another ship before being teleported back to “Holy Wrath” an leaving the immobile hulk to be destroyed by the guns of some other ship. Your Nemesis Daemonhammer has claimed many mortal lives today but, unlike the Grey Knights you are about to meet, you have not yet encountered any Astartes presence in you battles. Your squad begins to disperse from the teleportation array. “You know, even after all these years I still hate teleportation” Brother Haulvan grumbles. He makes a point of always complaining about teleporting every time you are forced to do so, perhaps hoping one day he won’t have to.

“Well, I’m sorry to disappoint you Haulvan, but we are going to accompany Brotherhood Champion Jairus to check in with Squad Dothrac aboard Light of Hope.” This was Justicar Santoro’s voice.
“Can’t we do that from here?” Haulvan whined, feigning resistance. Sontoro laughed before replying with a flat “No”. Moments later you are aboard Light of Hope, surveyed a squad of four Grey Knights, all with armour with various levels of damage and the corpses of two dead Astartes, their armour warped to show their true allegiance. Although you cannot hear the mental conversation, you feel one is happening and it is not one you would like to be on the receiving end of.

Abruptly, Justicar Santoro drops out of your mental communion. You might wonder what he is talking to Brotherhood Champion Jairus about that you cannot be part of. Then instead of not hearing Santoro’s thoughts, his are the only ones you hear +You are being transferred over to Squad Dothrac. Brotherhood Champion Jairus assures me it is only temporary; he just wants you by his side for a time. This is not a punishment Eriban, please know that.+ You feel the weight of this decision in Santoro’s thoughts, although that may not lessen any feelings you have of abandonment or punishment, if that is what you feel. Moments later, Brotherhood Champion Jairus confirms as much and then you are back aboard “Holy Wrath” with your new squad mates.

(Alright, a fairly large update. Unlike the past couple of updates this is more of a character update than a fighting one. The Forsworn are still alive, some of you have been reprimanded by Brotherhood Champion Jairus and your squad has a new member. There should be plenty of things for your characters to think/talk to each other about. If you are struggling, feel free to PM me.)

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.

post #44 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-25-14, 08:24 PM

Mordred stared down at the corpse of the traitor Astartes in silent shock as his mind began to process what Kael had said before he frowned and gritted his teeth lightly. It's just a taunt, Kar'Tha and the other Forsworn died on the Darkest of Days when it was destroyed, there was no way they could of gotten off of the hulk and not been detected. As always Traitors only seek to lie and sow confusion amongst those loyal to the Emperor. Looking down at the body as it began to float up off of the decking slightly Mordred then noticed that the gravity and oxygen had been turned off before he raised his left hand to his temple to begin communing with Galahad, he stopped when he felt the presence of Champion Jarius inside of his mind as he spoke to the entire of squad Dothrac and reprimanded, especially himself and Talerion. To Mordred that was acceptable given that himself and Talerion always thought they knew best but Mordred remained silent only barely holding himself back from replying as Jarius spoke of Galahad and his inability to keep his squad together.

After receiving his orders to return to the ship Mordred along with Talerion regrouped with the rest of Dothrac and gathered as they were teleported back aboard of the 'Holy Wrath' with Mordred himself remaining completely silent as he contemplated everything that had happened during this engagement. Standing with Galahad and the rest of Dothrac he turned to watch the teleporter array flicking into life once more as Brotherhood Champion Jarius and the squad that he had joined arrived back on the grey knights ship.

"Brotherhood-Champion Jarius, you may censure me if you wish for this but I honestly do not care as I will speak my mind." Mordred says removing his helmet and handing it to Galahad before he strides up to Jarius who was standing on the teleporter array with another Squad around him, with his face curled a frown that looks like it could slay an ork at fifty paces. "It was not a failing of Brother-Justicar Galahad that meant he could not control myself or Talerion, it was out own. Mine for leaving my squad to hunt down fleeing traitors so they would not give away our position, and Brother Talerion's only failing is that he came to aid me and if he had not then a Forsworn's plasma blast would of slain me. So I suggest that you do not speak to Justicar Galahad in such a way again My Lord" Mordred was now staring directly into Jarius's eyes (or lens if his helmet is still on) with his chestplate bumping up against Jarius's own. "Or you will find yourself in need of visiting the apocatherion to have your jaw reset and replacement teeth implanted, and while you say that Galahad might be the wrong choice for Justicar of Dothrac. Remember that it was YOU who chose him to lead our squad so if there is blame to be placed then it is to be placed on you for your poor judgement. Now if you excuse me Brother-Champion I am off to the armoury to request a replacement for my stormbolter."

Last edited by revan4559; 06-26-14 at 05:14 AM.
post #45 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-26-14, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

All: As Mordred goes to leave, psychic hoar-frost collects on Brotherhood Champion Jairus' fingertips and Mordred freezes in place. "I did not excuse you, Brother Mordred." Brotherhood Champion Jairus speaks with a cold fury you are all unused to hearing. It is awe-inspiring and terrifying in the same moment. You can all feel the psychic fury behind his words and you get the distinct impression Mordred has vastly over-stepped his bounds. Jairus takes several powerful stride which carry him in front of Mordred.

The rest of you, bar Eriban, notice that members of Squad Dvorn move to stand in front of you. Galahad is blocked by Justicar Santoro of course and the rest of you find your way to Mordred blocked by one of your own order. Whatever punishment Brotherhood Champion Jairus is about to issue to Mordred the message is clear; you are not to interfere. Eriban, you feel a compulsion to block Ianus, given that he only just left Squad Dothrac. You can't be certain if that comes from your Justicar or from Brotherhood Champion Jairus, but you obey none the less.

"It should not surprise me that one whose head is so full of arrogance and self-righteousness would be unable to comprehend even the most basic of reprimands. I believed Galahad was ready for command and in this I may have been mistaken, this I have already admitted to. However, my faith in him does not mitigate his inadequacy or excuse his inability to hold his squad together, as is exemplified in this childish, arrogant, preening out-burst of yours." Jairus' voice does not raise in volume, but you can all feel the growing tension behind the words, like the smell of ozone before a teleportation arrives. Galahad, you especially feel that although this tirade is directed at Mordred for his out-burst, any faith Jairus had in your ability to lead is quickly diminishing. The rest of you may feel shame at Mordred actions, or perhaps you agree with him and seek to intervene.

Brotherhood Champion Jairus is not done yet though. "The fact that Talerion's foolishness saved your life is no justification at all. It only serves to prove that, had it not been for your brother's watching over you, you would be dead from your own recklessness." Mordred's limbs become free once again and his fist moves to make good on the promise he had just made of sending Brotherhood Champion Jairus to the Apothecarion. Faster than your eyes can follow, Jairus' Anointed Blade is in his hand and separates Mordred's arm at the wrist. A moment later, the back of Jairus' fist strikes Mordred across the jaw, sending him sprawling onto the floor.

As Mordred tries to rise, Jairus' blade points to the nape of Mordred's neck, preventing him from rising and keeping his face fixed looking at the ground. "You are a disgrace to this Chapter and The Emperor. Since you have displayed so clearly, by attempting to strike your commanding officer and by insubordination, that you lack the characteristics required of a Grey Knight, I de-name you. You are no longer Mordred of Squad Dothrac, member of the 8th Brotherhood. You are Initiate 437 until such a time as you can display that you have learnt the qualities required of one of our order." With that Jairus leaves the teleportation chamber with Squad Dvorn, Ianus taking a long look at Mordred before trailing after the members of his new squad.

As he leaves, he speaks into Galahad's mind +I suggest you get you Initiate to the Apothecarion so they can reattach his hand. He'll need it when we make planet fall. I hope I don't have to send you entire squad back to the training fields of Titan for one man's foolishness.+ Now you are left alone. One of your number has been reduced to a mere initiate. If you didn't feel any shame for your actions or the actions of your brothers, you most likely will now. Eriban, what do you make of your new squad mates?

(Well, if you didn't have enough to think about before, now you certainly do. Revan, I'd delete your last paragraph. You didn't really think you'd be able to walk away from threatening to punch your commanded unscathed did you? If you hurry to the Apothecarion they will reattach your hand instead of giving you a bionic one and re-set your jaw since the force of a armoured Astartes fist will have surely broken it, much like you promised and failed to do.)

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Last edited by Deus Mortis; 06-26-14 at 01:13 AM.
post #46 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-26-14, 05:27 AM

OOC: Well played Deus, well played. Now lets see that i can do to Veptus in return *laughs* no im not that petty and Veptus would never annoy Xandrek.

Mordred froze as psychic hoar-frost coated his armour and stopped him from moving and he realised that he had indeed gone to far but at the very least he would accept his punishment like a Grey Knight, however what he was not expected was the way in which the punishment was given with his left wrist being severed from the rest of his arm dropping to the ground as he winced in pain keeping himself from saying or doing anything further to disgrace himself and when he heard Champion Jarius de-name him and return him to an initiate that stung him even more then having his hand removed making him blank to the fact that the punch then knocked him to the floor dislocating his jaw.

After Jarius left Mordred pushed himself up onto his feet and stared down at the stump of his left arm and then at the hand on the floor before retrieving it and making his own way to the apocatherion leaving the rest of his squad behind as he had no wish to be around them now that he had a new shame to pile upon his others. Stalking through the halls of the 'Wrath' he makes his way to the apocatherion with his own personal insignia removed and his helmet returned to his head as he had no wish to be seen and that the right to a name and insignia belonged to Battle-Brothers and not initiates.

Walking up to the Apocathery Mordred held up his stump of his left arm and then his left hand in his right before moving to sit himself down on a medical slab as he let the Apocathery decide if the hand was still use-able or if he would require a bionic. Thinking on what he had done over the last few months and the shame that he had brought upon himself and now his squad and sighed to himself deciding that until he believed himself that he was ready, his status as a battle-brother restored and Squad Dothrac and Galahad were also restored in Jarius's eyes that he would take a vow of silence save unless required to speak either physically or mental by his superior offices.
post #47 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-26-14, 08:12 PM

“This world will fall to the Word and blood. You cannot stop it. You failed to even save your brothers Mordred. How will you save an entire planet?” the Forsworn spat, black blood coating his lips and pouring from his various wounds. The halberd hung just over the Traitor's neck, Talerion brought the blade up, providing a riposte to the venomous last words of the vile once Astartes "Mordred does not fight alone you Heretic, you are more foul than any mortal traitor, your soul will be twice cursed by the Warp!" With that, Talerion brought the shimmering blue and white blade of the halberd down, neatly severing the Forsworn's head from his shoulders and leaving the Traitor Marine's body in a heap.

Suddenly the magnetic clamps in the soles of his massive ceramite boots kicked in and the body of the ravaged Traitor marine began to float, he nodded to Mordred that it was time to make their way to the bridge. As he did so a ringing, ice cold sensation shot through his mind, it was Brother Champion Jairus pushing out with his thoughts, seeking him and Mordred in particular out.

His psychic silence is enough to warn you that he is less than impressed. The momentary silence gives way to a harshly worded reprimand, +Talerion, Mordred you reckless fools! You fight as a unit, as a brotherhood. Not as individuals charging off after personal glory. You have a duty to respect your Justicar, and you have failed in that. Now get back here.+ With that you feel the attention of your leader turn on those of you on the bridge +Auril, you have acted as I would expect one of our order to act. Galahad, perhaps I was mistaken with leaving you in charge of a squad so soon after you lost your Justicar. You will retain your title and your authority, but your squad will shadow me until such a time as you are able to command on your own. +

With their presence demanded on the Bridge of the dying ship, Talerion maneuvers through the bowles of the ship with all haste along with Mordred in order to not anger Brother Champion Jairus any further.

As they enter, there is not a friendly or jovial greeting one would typically expect after a great victory, rather there was a sense in the air of utter disappointment. Jairus barely acknowledged their presence as they entered and began issuing orders. Brother Ianus would be departing Dothrac to take a place under the command of Justicar Santoro and a new member named Eriban would be joining them from Santoro's squad. Furthermore Dothrac would now be shadowing the Brother Champion's squad. Dothrac was to be swaddled and looked after the way one might look after an infant that could not fend for itself. It was insulting, but Talerion did not allow himself to respond or to provoke further action from Jairus. He was happy that they had escaped with a mild rebuking and nothing more.

That thought of that one minor grace gave way as Mordred proceeded to open his mouth. "Brotherhood-Champion Jarius, you may censure me if you wish for this but I honestly do not care as I will speak my mind." Mordred says removing his helmet and handing it to Galahad before he strides up to Jarius who was standing on the teleporter array with another Squad around him, with his face curled a frown that looks like it could slay an ork at fifty paces. "It was not a failing of Brother-Justicar Galahad that meant he could not control myself or Talerion, it was our own. Mine for leaving my squad to hunt down fleeing traitors so they would not give away our position, and Brother Talerion's only failing is that he came to aid me and if he had not then a Forsworn's plasma blast would have slain me. So I suggest that you do not speak to Justicar Galahad in such a way again My Lord" Mordred was now staring directly into Jarius's eyes (or lens if his helmet is still on) with his chestplate bumping up against Jarius's own. "Or you will find yourself in need of visiting the apocatherion to have your jaw reset and replacement teeth implanted, and while you say that Galahad might be the wrong choice for Justicar of Dothrac. Remember that it was YOU who chose him to lead our squad so if there is blame to be placed then it is to be placed on you for your poor judgement. Now if you excuse me Brother-Champion I am off to the armoury to request a replacement for my stormbolter."

While Talerion appreciated that Mordred acknowledged that he had forced his hand into action, he had still made an ill advised decision to go after his Brother. Furthermore, he would not have been so bold and foolish as to throw it into the face of their Brotherhood Champion who was already at his limits of patience with them. His psychic voice tried to reach out to Mordred but was cut off by the harsh and biting cold of Brotherhood Champion Jairus, his plea to his Battle Brother went unheard as Jairus used his abilities to mentally silence Talerion. The Brotherhood Champion then spoke privately to Talerion via their mental link in a somber tone +At least you have the sensibility and humility to accept your criticism. It does not excuse you, but at least you are not blinded by pride. Sadly these actions, and the consequences they bear, are Mordred's alone to accept. Do not intervene but know I take no joy in this.+ The psychic warning was ominous, and a small part of Talerion feared what might come upon Mordred. A beating more savage than he had ever seen he suspected was about to befall his Brother.

Jairus and Mordred's exchange then erupted into an undisciplined violence wholly uncharacteristic of the Grey Knights as Mordred swung at Jairus with his fist. Talerion was stunned and despite Jairus' warning his instinct was to step forward on his Brother's behalf but Squad Dvorn now stood in between the proceedings and Dothrac. Talerion watched in disbelief as the Brother Champion took a perfectly timed half step back, his eyes grew wide beneath his helmet though as Jairus, with an expertly placed slash took Mordred's strong sword hand off at the wrist before spinning and slamming his power gauntleted hand into Morded's face, causing blood to spatter across the floor as his Battle Brother was knocked unconcious.

"You are a disgrace to this Chapter and The Emperor. Since you have displayed so clearly, by attempting to strike your commanding officer and by insubordination, that you lack the characteristics required of a Grey Knight, I de-name you. You are no longer Mordred of Squad Dothrac, member of the 8th Brotherhood. You are Initiate 437 until such a time as you can display that you have learnt the qualities required of one of our order."

Talerion spoke up, seeking to do what little he could "Brotherhood Champion, Justicar, permission to take Br-" He caught himself before he called Mordred his Brother, "Initiate 437 to the Apothecarin Lords?"

The Brotherhood Champion turned to him and spoke of Mordred, now Initiate 437 in a dismissive and thoroughly disappointed tone, there was a sadness that crept into voice as he spoke, "He is Squad Dothrac's initiate now, tend to him as you see fit. But I would hope that even an initiate would be able to find the Apothecarion unaided." Talerion's concern for his Brother was still there, and even though he was only an Initiate now, he knew he would still have great pride, 437 had managed to get himself to his feet, his left arm tucked close to his body his severed hand held by his remaining right hand. Mordred, Initiate 437 would want not want the shame of having to be helped to the Apothecarion and so he let him make his own way.

As Jairus left he reopened their mental link and spoke to Talerion privately his tone less of an angry commander and more like a father, seeking how he might best discipline his child: +I would be remiss if I did not punish you for your recklessness in this Talerion, but I have no desire to see Squad Dothrac's spirit quashed under a mountain of shame. You will come to me before we make planetfall to receive 20 lashes and then we will speak no more of this. But, I do offer you a choice. Initiate 437, were he a battle brother, would earn a full 50 lashes for his actions. You may leave them as a delayed lesson and punishment that he must endure, if you see fit. Or you may take them as you own, bearing your brothers with the selflessness us in the service of Him On Terra should display. The choice is yours.+ Talerion thought for a moment before responding to Jairus, rather than seek excuses or absolve himself of further burden he spoke softly in response, mentally channeling a sense of understanding, he had forced the Brotherhood Champions hand, it was not a malicious sentence. *+I thank you for your humility and grace Brotherhood Champion Jairus+* Talerion continued *+As for my sentence and that of Initiate 437- *+ He was cut off by Jairus, a sense of warmth, a certain level of kinship and understanding accompanied his words, but also a sense that for the time being, these would be the final words spoken on the matter until the time that Talerion's sentence was carried out. +Be with your brothers for the moment, and come to me with your decision.+

Last edited by Krymson86; 06-27-14 at 03:28 AM.
post #48 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-26-14, 09:22 PM
description whore

deathbringer's Flag is: England

The hammer was not an elegant weapon; Eriban knew that and loved it all the more. The haft blocked with a thick clang, the head crushed with the dull thud of finality. When it descended it crushed everything, even the screams.

It was his weapon and now, unguilded and unadorned by pointless trinkets, it personified him entirely. Stoic and unrelenting, dark and brooding.

Traitors had stood before him with their lasbolts, backs straightened by the false confidence of foul Gods. It had lightened his heart to see a wave of desperation slide across their faces, a landslide of terror as their little lights had rebounded off his breastplate, as he strode through their feeble resistance with the ease of a traveller through a spring shower.

Now it was over, the ship a silent spectre floating in the void.

The nauseating lurch of matter transfusion brought him back to reality, a small grimace beneath his helmet as his body went limp, his magnaclamps keeping him perfectly still even as he reeled inside.

He kept silent, others voicing their displeasure, the recycled banter of close brethren comforting and familiar and he allowed his amusement to flow into the link between them. A comforting tendril of his thought reaching out to lazily caress the minds of his comrades. Briefly he felt their emotions, their own amusement, the dulling alertness post combat and even the slightest hint of surprise that their newest member had reached out.

He had never been a talker, always quiet and contented yet back before the shame he had been a reacher, open with his memories and happy to share his soul with his brothers.

Now he had emotions he couldn't share, memories he would not, no could not divulge if he wanted to still be called brother. He knew that was why Brother Champion Jarius kept him so close.

How can you trust a man when he hides so much from you?

He remembered his first contact with the Champion. The eyes that pierced even as he reached out to him, to see into his soul pushing lazily onward, eyes suddenly wide as they hit the wall. It was the same with everyone the startling sensation of water hitting ceramite even as they flowed around it. Wide eyes became questioning then understanding as Eriban pushed a single word back

Shame

He felt a nudge back towards the teleporter from the Justicar and he followed without question his mind drifting even as he retook his position, a second lurch of his stomach payment for his failure to steel himself for the experience.

There was an anger stemming from the Brotherhood Champion and Eriban half reached for his weapon an instinctive reaction his brother before he took in the scene. Two Bearers of the Word lay dead upon the bridge, twisted flesh charred and torn apart by 4 Grey Knights standing before them. So few?

Squad Dvorn stood together, thoughts carefully avoiding the maelstron of anger that enfused the Brother Champion a single thought uniting them. Rather them than us.

The Justicar's mind suddenly became guarded his own wariness replaced by emptiness and Eriban's head pivoted on impulse to look at the warrior, Santaro's gaze fixed intentlyupon the rapidly cooling aura of Jarius.

Momentarily alone then suddenly joined, the thoughts of his Justicar pressing into his mind with warm reassurance yet there was a hesitance buried deep within.

+You are being transferred over to Squad Dothrac. Brotherhood Champion Jairus assures me it is only temporary; he just wants you by his side for a time. This is not a punishment Eriban, please know that.+

He was stunned for a moment,the sense of comfort and camaraderie he had felt mere moments ago fading yet he was not surprised. The squad had incurred Jarius's wrath and where better to place the person you wished to watch than in the squad you had to watch.

It was the logical thing to do and Eriban pushed a feeling of fondness into the bond, a single thought spreading through the link they had shared, so briefly, as a squad.

+It has been a honour to serve amongst brethren once more+

Jarius spoke aloud confirming the transfer and Eriban moved forward words of greeting on his lips a hand half outstretched. A helmet was roughly bundled into the Justicar's hands by a new arrival who strode to stand nose to nose with the Brother Champion.

"Brotherhood-Champion Jarius, you may censure me if you wish for this but I honestly do not care as I will speak my mind."

It was like a strike to Eriban's heart and he took a step backwards, a snarl spreading across his face, like a fissure in earth. Unnatural and jagged, he forced his thoughts behind the wall of his mind.

Even within?

Even within this most sanct of orders there was strife and conflict, a brother would dare speak so rudely and so stupidly to his commanding officer and use his superior officer as a hat rack.

His words were pompous and though Eriban could sense the heart of good intentions the message was lost in twisting turns of idiocy and bile, the speech ending between a rock and a hard place.

Jarius's rage was all consuming, the eye of a snow storm, icy cold he froze the foolish brother where he stood, bearing down on him like a tornado even as the prompt to move oozed through the bond. He moved instinctively squaring himself face to face with the brother he was swapping. Arms folded and legs spread, a solid base from which to defend, no matter the cost, he would never harm a brother.

The same did not apply for Brother Mordred, who even as he thawed seemed unbent or unbowed, levelling a mighty blow at the Champions chin, perhaps hampered by the frost he was too slow and paid the price. Stupid,tempestuous,and most of all insubordinate, better still part of a squad ruled by a Justicar who had seemingly failed in his first command.

Not a good start.

His brow furrowed and he watched the smouldering Champion stride away taking his squad with him, Ianus stopping to take a long lingering look at his displaced comrade, compassion and duty warring within before he took his rightful place on the pad.

The new initiate had been well respected no doubt and he resisted the sudden desire to be scathing, it would serve no purpose but to split the squad further.

A flash of light and squad Dothrac was alone. There was silence even as the handless Initiate rushed away head bowed, lifeless fingers clutched in his remaining hand.

Best to let a wild dog lick his wounds before coming to his side, yet his comrade in arms who had returned with him from the bowels of the ship scurried after him. The wild dog and his faithful pup.

Lost in thought eyes half in reverie, his whisper a faint trickle that seemed to slip from his mouth unbidden

"Such a beginning cannot be a good omen for our brotherhood,"

A small shake of his head as he looked Justicar Galahad straight in the eyes his words half in council, half in consolation

" yet no first kill has ever been clean,"

his gaze was unwavering taking in the two that flanked him

"it his how we learn from our first and take our second right up until the kill that is our last that defines us in the Emperor's eyes"

He held out a firm hand head tilting as he wondered if any would take it

kudos to lillian thorne for the awesome sig
post #49 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-28-14, 01:26 PM
Reaper of Souls

Santaire's Flag is: United Kingdom

‘Please Santoro,’ I whispered into the Justicar’s mind as the older man moved to block me. ‘I have to stop Mordred’s madness before he does something unforgivable and Jairus puts him down. The man is fragile, he still blames himself for Zephyr’s death and I need time to bring him out of the cage of self loathing he has contained himself in. If he falls any further, I do not think I will ever be able to reach him.’

Santoro shook his head and I was forced to watch in horror as Jairus sliced Mordred’s hand off at the wrist and backhanded him across the face, sending him sprawling. I barely heard Jairus’ words to my brother as I stared at my failure. Not my failure as a Justicar for that I had been almost expecting, I was too much of a peacemaker to force my brothers to obey my every order as Zephyr had been able to. Zephyr had been older and more experienced than I and he had been able to rely on me to soothe tempers and calm the rest of the squad.

I remembered back to his last moments on the Darkest of Days as I knelt beside him fighting to keep him alive. He had grasped my shoulder and pulled me down close so that he could whisper a request. “Keep our brothers safe as well as you are able. Do not let Dothrac be broken.” I had sworn to him that I would do as he asked, that I would protect my brothers to the best of my abilities but I had failed. I had failed to keep my oath to the man who had taught me everything I knew, the man to whom I owed my life.

I heard as Jairus revoked Mordred’s status as a Grey Knight, returning him to the rank of initiate before turning away and leaving the teleportation chamber with Squad Dvorn. +I suggest you get you Initiate to the Apothecarium so they can reattach his hand. He'll need it when we make planet fall. I hope I don't have to send you entire squad back to the training fields of Titan for one man's foolishness.+ Jairus sent to me as he left. I turned to do so, but Mordred had already left. I looked at his retreating form, his slumped shoulders and the way he kept both arms clasped in front of his chest. I followed him with my mind, watching as he scratched off his personal insignia and returned his helmet to his head.

"Such a beginning cannot be a good omen for our brotherhood," the new brother who had joined us, Eriban, spoke up. His eyes locked onto mine and I returned his stare with one just as cold. He continued. "Yet no first kill has ever been clean, it is how we learn from our first and take our second right up until the kill that is our last that defines us in the Emperor's eyes." With that he stuck out his hand, his head tilting over to one side as he doubtless wondered whether any of us would take it. I took his hand in mine and shook it, adding his mind to my memory as I did so. ‘It will be an honour to serve alongside you Eriban, I apologise for the poor first impression.’ While my first sending was public so that my nearby brothers could hear, my second sending was private. ‘I feel pain in your mind brother, pain and suffering. I am not demanding anything, but should you ever need someone to talk with, or even just to listen, know that I will always be there for as long as you are part of Dothrac.’ I wondered if he would pick up on the fact that I avoided calling Dothrac mine, wondered if he would guess my intentions.

I smiled to him before turning on my heel and walking through the ship, searching with my mind for Jairus. Upon finding him in his chambers I withdrew before he sensed me and began striding in that direction.

I came to a halt at the door and knocked. Jairus opened the door and stiffened for a moment on seeing me. “Galahad,” he said warily. I bowed my head and when I straightened I spoke. “May I come in Brotherhood Champion? What I wish to discuss would be better spoken of in private.” The Champion nodded and let me in before sitting in a chair as I stood in the middle of the room.

I reached up and disengaged my helmet seals, dropping it carelessly onto the floor. I saw Jairus’ eyes widen in confusion and then narrow as the reason for my being there finally began to dawn on him. I bowed my head, speaking quietly. “I have failed you and my squad Brotherhood Champion and so I wish to resign my position as Justicar. I would recommend elevating Auril to the position.” I dropped my Warding Stave from my right hand, continuing to speak. “I have failed to protect my brothers and therefore no longer deserve to carry this weapon.”

I dropped to my knees before him and looked up into his face. “Worse than all of that Brotherhood Champion, I have failed to keep the oath I made to Justicar Zephyr as he died. I have failed him, myself and the Emperor. I request that I be permitted to once again become an initiate until I have redeemed myself in the eyes of you, myself and the Empeor.”

We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment - and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly.
— Flemeth

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
post #50 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-10-14, 06:39 AM

Auril felt like he was soaring to the height of his skill, fighting the best that he'd ever done. His blade flew in his hands, thrusting, slashing, parrying, complementing Galahad's stave-work; as the Justicar said the names of their former squad-brethren, Auril echoed them psychically.

A thrust scored, scraping across the warped ceramite of the traitor's plate and cutting into his arm. The power maul parried the next slash, sending the Grey Knight back; a bolt-round smashed into his breastplate and drove him another step back. In the blink of an eye, Galahad was in close, pummeling the ancient heretic; in another quarter-second, the Justicar was sliding across the floor and Auril was stepping in, interposing his sword-blade between the power maul and his body.

Back, back, he was driven; the powerful strikes of the maul were only barely turned away by the ministrations of the Nemesis sword. But even then, Auril caught sight of Galahad rejoining the fight- first with his mind, and then as the Grey Knight surged out from the corner of his eye.

It was done. Auril struck the maul aside, in a brazenly open move that left him completely open for a return blow- but that would never come, because Galahad barrelled the traitor to the deck. A name- Emrys, echoed by Auril's psychic voice- sounded out, and then the Justicar's stave smashed through the heretic's chest and pinned him to the deck.

"May the Emperor spit on your soul." Auril hissed, his helmet blaring the words out in a vox-twisted snarl. The sword descended, slamming point-first into seal between gorget and helm; the force of the blow was such that the weapon was driven almost to the hilt, the Grey Knight on one knee.

The traitor's head rolled away, the roundness of his helm guiding it in a slow semicircle before it fell into the crew pit. Standing, Auril placed a boot on the fallen Astartes' breastplate and withdrew the force blade; the backpack it had driven through sparked wildly as the sword came out, before powering down with an audible sound. Crouching, the Grey Knight ripped the tattered loincloth away from the traitor's belt and drew it along his sword-blade, cleaning gore and hydraulic fluid from the silver-flecked iron before igniting the rag with his mind and dropping it.

The bridge crew stared in horror.

No doubt they'd seen worse in the warp, worse blasted into their deranged minds by the Dark Powers. But that fallen angel had been their protector, and now death was sure.

It was a curiously silent slaughter. Several went for lasweapons they wore; their deaths were the quickest, simply abortive blows to the head and neck administered with the point of Auril's sword. The others, those that simply cowered and prayed to their ruinous gods, were not worth a sword-stroke; instead, the Astartes gripped their skulls in his hand and crushed them, one by one. The captain he saved for last.

The man wore what had once been a naval officer's uniform, insignia torn off and replaced by foul symbols. He was on his knees, hands clasped together as if in supplication; words poured from his mouth, entreaties for mercy, for forgiveness. He got none.

+By the authority of the Inquisition,+ Auril pulsed, the sheer brutality of the psychic jab curling the man into a fetal position, +I here submit your soul to the Emperor's judgment.+

The captain's bowels voided, in the brief second before Auril rammed his blade through the human's chest.

Ianus deactivated life support; several red icons pulsed in Auril's helm display, telling him that oxygen was fast draining, but his suit supply was still full. After only a short while, the Grey Knight glanced over at the bridge auspex, seeing the last life-signs blinking out, till only six remained. And then the Brotherhood Champion and another squad slammed into existence.

Praise for his individual actions, yet outweighed by the criticism- it was shameful in its truth. Auril stood through the Champion's words, head bowed in contrition. A new brother for the squad- Eriban. He appeared to be a good battle-brother, well-spirited...

And then, after they arrived back aboard the Holy Wrath, Mordred opened his mouth. The insubordination was shocking. Even painful- Auril could feel each word, and those of Jairus' response, as they hammered into him. The blows Mordred suffered at the hand of the Champion, he felt too. Although Mordred's transgression, it reflected upon the rest of the squad- they, too, would share in the shame.

Auril sagged against his sword, which supported him tip-down on the deck. Eriban introduced himself; the Astartes nodded in acknowledgment.

+Welcome, brother. I am Auril.+ he pulsed, struggling not to show the emotion that roiled inside him.

"You all did see that on the Lupercal
I thrice presented him a kingly crown,
Which he did thrice refuse: was this ambition?
Yet Brutus says he was ambitious;
And, sure, he is an honorable man."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode