[Recruitment] Saviors of Chemorus - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-06-14, 07:50 AM

Thank you greatly, typing on my phone while writing on my computer the character stuff right now

Semper Iratus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-06-14, 09:50 AM

CANDIDATE 500 REPORT

Candidate Rank: Sergeant

Candidate Name: [Classified in conjuncture with Head of Fleet]

Given Name Galahad

Candidate Age: [Classified]
[For your eyes only age as of transmission 29]

Candidate Gender: Male

Physical Description:
Dr Mal Drustus:
Candidate 500 stands an impressive 6'5 and weights close to 270 pounds. Candidate 500 [Hereby refered to as C500] has no body hair to speak of, and has had the Litany of Holy Scriptures tattoo'ed over his body, with the exception of neck up and below the wrists. There are a great many scars on his body, and yet the holy scripture is still clean, and is still able to be read, I have no way of knowing how this is done. Though his words are simple, I think there maybe something hidden in this, more research would be required, sadly I do not have the time nor the inclination to do such.
C500'S Muscle mass seems to be outside the parameter that should be in one his size, the candidate has what appears to be an extra 30 pounds or so of muscle, this seems to be from his constant fighting, as well as training.
Under normal times, it would be my recommendation that the Candidate be reinstated as a local Commiserate
failing that, I see no reason physically to deny him entry into this program.
However, I would watch his intake of Stimm, his blood work comes back as filled with nicotine and Stimm, this perhaps is the reason for his ability to push his body in the way he does daily.

Psychiatric Evaluation :
Doctor Streson Yrven
Dr.: Tell me why is it that you have these tattoos over your body.

C500: There is only the Emperor and his words, and they are our Shield.

Dr.: Do you believe that the Emperor himself is watching you.

C500: It is not my place to say what the Holiest of Men does, or does not do. I however must always act and think as if he was Watching and Listening.

Dr:Tell me then what is life?

C500:"My life is a gift given to me by the Emperor, and only through trials, tribulation, war and quite possibly my death can I even attempt to repay him"

Dr:If you will, can you read to me a few of the more potent quotes you have on your body?

C500: To Admit defeat is to blaspheme the Emperor.
Magic is heresy, burn the witch,
Burn the heretic, kill the mutant, and destroy all that is unclean.

Dr: I think we are done here, please follow the guards into the next staging area.

Dr: It my belief that as long as we use the fanaticism for the Emperor of Mankind that we have at least a good tool, at best he will be perhaps a fanatic soldier.

CANDIDATE HISTORY:
[Censored, Please input regulated access code, 30 seconds until Naval bombardment of the area, repeat 30 seconds.]
The first thing that should be noted of C500, is that his devotion to the Emperor is par excellence, the second thing of true note, well. C500 was that he was to be placed into the local commisarate, only to be released after several Death Missions, for having [Censored, please in put access code to red highlighted text] Killed the senior commisar for heresy for ordering a retreat.. This was an act that wasn't just done once, nor twice; it seems that no less than 5 senior were killed for heresy as well as over 112 guardsmen in the planetary defense group. [Censored section please place in access code] The Commisarte found C500 to not be guilty of any heresy but released him back into our planetary defense anyway

The early life of C500 is unknown other than his parents will killed in [Entry redacted] civil war uprising as were a great many other guardsmen.

It is surmised that he grew up in one of the many orphanages, and not on the street, for he shows at least the basic knowledge bestowed by our school systems. By his own admission he entered the fighting forces of our planet at the of 14, and has stated that he was already some 6 feet tall at the time.

CANDIDATE’S QUALIFYING FACTORS:
The C500 has been chosen for his massive strength, and utter loyalty to the cause. Further, it seems that should C500 survive the implants and other things, he should be able to carry some of the heavier guns. C500 shows propensity towards flamers as well as other automatic weapons, such as the heavy machine guns, though he could use some training in accuracy.

File will be deleted after transmission on the transmitted side, these notes are for this computers hardrive only.

File Downloaded

File found to be deleted from every other source but this computer.

End of Broadcast

Semper Iratus
post #43 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-09-14, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
It's like a cigarette, so a narcotic is an accurate description.
After multiple sincere, but failed, attempts to quit, I finally quit trying to quit smoking. I gave up, convinced I’d die a smoker. I picked up an e-cigarette 3 years ago in a half-hearted attempted to cut back on what had become a 2+ pack-a-day habit.

post #44 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-10-14, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
visit roleplay threads!

unxpekted22's Flag is: USA

Hey everyone, while writing the next update I am of course re-reading everyone's last posts.

I would like to give a few reminders.

Please do not control the NPCs unless given permission to. Also, try not to assume things about them that I have not indicated.

For instance, these cultists are not worshipers of slaanesh, and are not the type who have had their nerves rewired to feel pleasure where normally one would feel pain.

These cultists wear red robes with yellow arrows. This is much like the design of the power armor worn by the Oracles of Change who are devote worshippers of Tzeentch.

This may have been my fault by saying the cultist in Todeswind's part of the last update continued to move despite the fact he should have been dead. This was meant to convey that he was in fact 'blessed' in some form or another. I apologize if that came across the wrong way.

Also, I realize dark angel had 128 take the baton, and he has taken the ship. I want to be clear, that he discusses all of these things with me before doing them.

Deus and I worked out the dialogue between 272 and the guard he interrogated, just in case anyone didn't think that.

128's part of the last update and Dark Angel's post for it leads to a good example of what is too far and what is not. In his update, I gave him the option of taking one of the ships. He assumed nothing about what the fighter had in terms of weapons, but he wanted to take it regardless, leaving that decision up to me. Though he decided to get into the ship, he lifted off but ended the post there.

Say, for instance, I had given him the same option and then he posted about taking it, killing the people coming in from the roof hatch, and then flying out of the hangar and away from the epsilon complex...that would be way too far. Even though it may not seem obvious, it would be god modding.

So, I'm thinking of moving things in a more standard, linear concept for a little while. As the RP progresses, so will everyone's opportunities. That way everyone has a good handle on their characters and posts before the scale of everything begins to increase, in terms of options, decisions to make, area covered, etc.

Remember, I care much more about what your character's are thinking and feeling than how they are killing people. Don't get me wrong, I think fictional violence is really entertaining, I love 40k after all. It just doesn't give me much to work with as the GM. Violence is needed and will be present throughout the majority of the RP, just try not to rely on it, I guess is what I'm saying.

Other than that, the new update should be up shortly. 048 will no longer be a player controlled character, and will be turning into an NPC, and 500 will be introduced.

You can never be prepared for the unexpected

post #45 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-10-14, 11:35 AM

Wooooooooh!!!

Semper Iratus
post #46 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-10-14, 05:01 PM
Reaper of Souls

Santaire's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by unxpekted22 View Post
048 will no longer be a player controlled character, and will be turning into an NPC, and 500 will be introduced.
You won't get rid of me that easily mate.

I have been losing a lot of my passion for rp'ing lately, but hopefully I should be able to stay in this. I will let you know if I believe myself unable to continue unxpekted, I promise

On a more happy note, my post if finally up. Hope you like it

We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment - and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly.
— Flemeth

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
post #47 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-10-14, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
visit roleplay threads!

haha, talk about cutting it close. I was literally almost done with the update.

post #48 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-10-14, 07:44 PM
Reaper of Souls

Santaire's Flag is: United Kingdom

Well, sometimes I actually am lucky...

Very, very rarely

We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment - and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly.
— Flemeth

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
post #49 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-10-14, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unxpekted22 View Post
*Snip*
Ah, yes. I rather did assume that the empowered cultist was the rule of thumb rather than the exception.

To clarify, in a situation where you have established NPC actors who are active participants in combat or soon to be active participants in combat what is the appropriate reaction for how one would deal with that sort of situation?
post #50 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-10-14, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
visit roleplay threads!

You could always discuss it with me first, which is probably the safest route.

Other than that, I would say the best option is to keep the focus on your own character. It can be assumed that the NPCs will be doing as I describe in the updates. Again, sometimes I may allow for NPC control, but I'll let you know when this is in the respective update.

I hadn't meant the cultists to be so easy to kill, which is why I only put 7 in the hallway for 111's update, but again thats more my fault I think than anyone else's. I think I had intended for more to come once the fighting started but work has robbed me of a few of my minor ideas from two weeks ago. Either way, Ive already worked what happened into the current update so no need to change anything.

Last edited by unxpekted22; 03-10-14 at 09:31 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode