[Recruitment] Saviors of Chemorus - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-14-14, 10:18 PM

Myen'Tal's Flag is: USA

Found this on the Lexicanum:

Quote:
A Lho-stick is a popular Imperial narcotic, much like a M2-era cigarette, made of a rolled paper tube containing a scented plant-derived substance. The tube is lit and the resultant smoke inhaled through it, causing a mildly narcotic sensation. Lho-sticks are addictive and are common amongst the Imperial Guard and menial workers.[1]

It comes in narc-tubes, and is smoked through numerous forms of filters. Depending on location in the Galaxy, Lho is either a tolerated recreational item, or a shunned and forbidden narcotic. It is favored by the Imperial Guard and PDF as a cheap way to relax before, during, and after combat.
Hope that clears it up .

“Evil is relative…You can’t hang a sign on it. You can’t touch it or taste it or cut it with a sword. Evil depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicting finger.”
-Glen Cook, The Black Company

Tales of Heroism and Bravery, in the 41st Millennium and the Old World. Perhaps some Realm Gate Wars in the future .

Gods' Hall (Completed)
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=161618

The New Word (Completed)
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=121879
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-14-14, 10:22 PM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

So here's the article I shamelessly grabbed all my information on lho-stick for my post from: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Lho-stick#.UtXFdPRdU8E

Hopefully, that should explain it. I said in my post "they won’t have put us through all this just to kill us over something that everyone does anyway, we just aren’t supposed to admit we do." So I made the assumption that whilst 'publicly' it's not allowed, everyone does smoke it and only those who are real sticklers for the rules (which might include your character, given his disposition but that's your call) would pull anyone up on smoking it. It's like drinking under-age; you aren't supposed to but nearly everyone does.

And yeah, I think narcotics do mean different things in the US and the UK. In the UK, I would say narcotics can include cigarettes. Hope that all helps.

Edit: Ninja'd

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
post #23 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-14-14, 10:23 PM

Ok - just to clarify - I thought that Firemahlazer was asking me if I had any cannabis - which is why I told him to stow it as firmly as I did.

Edit: That being said though ... Elsen might actually be paranoid enough to believe that the people running this op would kill him for having a cigarette.

Last edited by Todeswind; 01-14-14 at 10:31 PM.

post #24 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-14-14, 10:37 PM

Myen'Tal's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Ok - just to clarify - I thought that Firemahlazer was asking me if I had any cannabis - which is why I told him to stow it as firmly as I did.
Oh no , I've always imagined Lho sticks to look like larger Pocky sticks, which is kind of strange, I guess. I just think of it like a sci-fi cigarette, with a mild narcotic thrown into it.

“Evil is relative…You can’t hang a sign on it. You can’t touch it or taste it or cut it with a sword. Evil depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicting finger.”
-Glen Cook, The Black Company

Tales of Heroism and Bravery, in the 41st Millennium and the Old World. Perhaps some Realm Gate Wars in the future .

Gods' Hall (Completed)
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=161618

The New Word (Completed)
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=121879
post #25 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-15-14, 12:05 AM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

On a side note, you guys don't hang about. I left to drink with some friends from uni and came back and there was like 6 new posts. I may well try and get a post up that replies to all that has happened at some point, but I also might wait for the others to post before it just becomes us three dominating the conversation.

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
post #26 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-17-14, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
visit roleplay threads!

unxpekted22's Flag is: USA

Working out the character sheet for our sixth person. Once its up I will be adding a post to the action thread.

You can never be prepared for the unexpected

post #27 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-19-14, 09:47 AM
Reaper of Souls

Santaire's Flag is: United Kingdom

As discussed unxpekted

Cause for secondment: My Lord Rogal, I have chosen to select candidate 048 for the Saviour Program for one main reason. That is, that most of his files are still beyond my security clearance despite the upgrade you gave me...

CANDIDATE 048

Appearance: [Pict included, what follows is a brief summary of the Candidate’s appearance]

Candidate 48 stands at five foot nine inches and his build is slim, his torso smattered with small scars as well his arms, though none of the scars cut deep enough to tear muscle or damage bone. Once the candidate had a chunk of muscle from his left thigh missing from a bolt round wound and what was there has since been replaced by augmetic strands of muscle. While he can still walk on the leg, now his stride is marred by a pronounced limp. Candidate’s eyes are a deep green that frequently seem to sparkle with amusement and warmth. His fair hair has been cropped close to his skull to keep it practical in a combat situation and he is clean shaven. Despite his length of service, he still retains every single one of his teeth and it has been remarked that his smile is attractive. His face has been described by several of the attending female medical staff as very handsome for while the rest of his body has a lot of minor scarring, his face is almost miraculously untouched by his twelve years of service.

Medical and Physical Report: Candidate is in peak physical condition. He has stamina, speed, flexibility and agility in abundance making him excellent in extended endurance trials, obstacle courses, sprinting and sparring. His ability in these is quite frankly astounding, not because of speed or endurance, but because he is still capable of it despite the pronounced limp in his left leg. However in terms of raw strength he is almost completely unremarkable. Despite this, when the candidate is under the influence of an adrenaline surge his raw strength exceeds its normal boundary by a great deal, though still below the level of most other candidates.

Psychiatric Report: Candidate 48 is one of the most loved officers in the PDF. As remarked by one of the men serving under him: ‘He is the finest man I’ve ever served under. He never leaves a man behind, going back in himself to pull them out of the fire.’ He has been frequently remarked as headstrong however, during the interview of which there is a transcript below, I got the impression that the candidate in fact possesses a fine tactical mind and was studying me as I studied him, taking in details and giving me what I asked for and indeed more. I also believe that the candidate believes in trusting and being disappointed, rather than not trusting and being proven right for he seemed to have no compunction against giving me all the details I asked for apart from those that were classified due to their nature. He is arrogant, but not overtly so, having a great deal of self confidence in himself.

Commendations:
• Order of the Scarlet Wing - Awarded for his actions in Operation: Lightning Bolt
• Crimson Skull - Awarded during Operation: [CLASSIFIED]
• Winged Skull - Awarded for his actions during Operation: [CLASSIFIED]
• Ribbon Intrinsic - Awarded to his unit for their actions during Operation: Trident
• Triple Skull - Awarded to his unit for their actions during Operation: Trident

Interview with Candidate 048

’What is your name?’
Aiden Jere

’How old are you?’
28 Terran Standard

’What is your rank?’
Lieutenant

’Why do you think you are here?’
That’s either a philosophical question or one you are using to gauge my level of perception and intuition. Judging by the fact that I very much doubt I am here for my stimulating conversation, I’m going to go for the second one.

I’m here because I’m still alive.

’Meaning?’
I, along with my unit, have taken part in, to date, eighteen missions classified as EZ, standing for extremely hazardous. Suicide missions, to put it bluntly. We had guaranteed extraction for four of them, probable extraction for six and no possible extraction for eight.

Despite all of that, I am still alive and I managed to finish every single one of those missions with minimal casualties in my unit. At least, until Operation: Trident where we took the fight to one of the enemy ships in orbit over Chemorus Beta. There were none of those Oracles, however I still lost more than three-quarters of my men in that fight but we drove them out, we purged them. That was one of the missions with no possible extraction though we escaped. Barely. We won the Ribbon Intrinsic and the Triple Skull that day. I have never hated receiving a medal as much as I did receiving those.

’It seems you care a lot for your troops.’
I do. Any commander who doesn’t care for his isn’t worth the uniform and will never receive my friendship. Even my respect would be hard for him to win.

’You are viewed as reckless by many of the men who have served alongside and as your commanding officer. What is your opinion on this?’
Reckless? Maybe.

I prefer to think of myself as audacious. I have seen commanders who never take risks, who always protect themselves and never expose themselves for any gain. But I believe that if you do not take chances you will never be victorious. In battle, you survive by defending but you win by attacking. A man like them is perfect for holding a line, for defending a wall. But a man like me is needed to drive the counter attack.

’Why did you join the PDF originally?’
You’re probably expecting something to do with patriotism or a lust to fight. Sorry, but no.

I joined because I was tired of the droning on of my teacher in the scholam about the greatness of military service and, while it seems ironic now, the easiest way to escape was to join the PDF as soon as I was able. Hence my enlistment at the age of sixteen. A pity really. With a full education I might have been great in the academic world. Maybe. Probably not. Still, a soldier can dream.

I joined the PDF rather than the Guard because I needed another couple of years for Guard enlistment and I couldn’t wait that long. I was a corporal by twenty so there was no point in switching by then I suppose. And anyway, I would never abandon my men.

’Thank you for your time lieutenant, it’s been a pleasure.’
The pleasure’s all mine

We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment - and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly.
— Flemeth

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Last edited by Santaire; 01-27-14 at 05:03 PM.
post #28 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-27-14, 03:16 AM Thread Starter
visit roleplay threads!

In case anyone reads through and is interested, this recruitment thread is still open for character sheet submissions at this time.

post #29 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-27-14, 05:28 AM Thread Starter
visit roleplay threads!

Romeros own and Santaire, if you are still interested please let me know and I will make another post in the action thread to get your characters out with the rest of them.

post #30 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-27-14, 06:09 AM
Reaper of Souls

Santaire's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm still interested, I've just had problems with my posting lately. RL sucks sometimes

We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment - and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly.
— Flemeth

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode