In Our Darkest Hour - Grey Knight RP (Recruitment) - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-29-13, 08:33 PM
Reaper of Souls

Santaire's Flag is: United Kingdom

I think I read this, forgot how awesome it was and then was reminded. Should expect a character from me within the week mate

We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment - and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly.
— Flemeth

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-29-13, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan4559 View Post
Heres my character sheet Deus with the changes you asked for. Let me knoe via pm, message or skype if i need to change anything.

Name: Mordred

Appearance: Remaining unpainted like all armour of the Grey Knights Chapter, Mordred’s armour is almost as knightly as you can get it with a high pointed gorget to protect his throat, with his shoulder plates bearing a higher rim along the top inscribed with wards against daemons and traitors with the bottom corners each bearing a purity seal. Mordred’s chestplate is rather plain compared to most of his battle brothers with only the Liber Daemonicus and a small downturned sword attached to the chestplate with the words ‘Vengeance’ inscribed along the blade. The rest of Mordred’s armour is unremarkable bearing no real sign of personalization other than inscribed litanies or wards against daemons with his vambraces bearing inscriptions and purity seals of strength and ‘true striking’, finally is the silver blue tabard that hands from Mordred’s waist which reach’s down to almost his feet.

Mordred stands at just over average height for an Astartes with a matching build that means he is muscled in all the right areas for one of the God-Emperors chosen save perhaps the muscles around his chest and arms are slightly larger and more defined from his preferred method of training and combat with his Nemesis Force Sword. Mordred’s facial features if he was still human would best be described as hawkish and slightly aristocratic high a pointed nose, high cheek bones and a slightly pointed chin and with eyes of almost silver blue but now he is among the Imperium’s finest the proportions are now larger due to being an Astartes. Mordred often wears his raven black shoulder length hair loose save for when preparing for battle where he then ties it into a small tight pony tail before placing on his helmet.

While being only having served in the Grey Knight’s for little over a century Mordred is still relatively unmarked by his service save perhaps for a thin slightly pink scar that runs from above his right eye diagonally down to just above the left side of his top lip making his face and near permanent sneer of distance which he directs to all traitors and daemons. The rest of his body is covered in the silver inked tattoo’s that form the Aegis with his fore arms bearing additional tattoo’s and liturgies to match those that are on his vambraces.

Personality: To call Mordred serious would not do him or the word any justice, he is serious to the point of being stubborn and utterly unyielding in any situation often scalding the younger Talerion when ever the younger Astartes find time to make any jokes or find any humor in a situation especially in battle though at times Mordred can be given to rare if not slightly understood morbid humor to do with their situation or remarking upon events of the past. To his battle brothers Mordred can always be counted on to be a focus point of seriousness and stubbornness that has served the squad well in battle time and time again through the ability to never give up and always forge a path towards the objective heedless of any dangers going on around him and it is said it is by pure luck this battle brother has remained as undamaged and unscarred as he is at the moment.

Such is Mordred’s distain for the enemies of the Imperium, especially Daemon’s and Traitors alike he has been known to often and willingly charge towards the leaders of such foes in order to take their heads for the God-Emperor and show their followers the result of challenging the Imperium, with Mordred’s preferred method of getting into range with his Force Sword ignoring his Stormbolter completely as where he can use the skills that make him perhaps one of the best, if not the best, swordsman in the squad though his skills can somewhat be placed down to his psychic abilities in the form of precognition that allow him to read the movements of his opponent and the flow of the battle.

History: Mordred seldom recalls the days of his trials or at the very least seldom talks of them even to his closest battle brothers within the squad. All he will often say is he remembers being referred to as no.#648 to which Mordred often says that it was likely his number in the batch of recruits taken. When Mordred passed his trials, become a full fledged member of the Grey Knights and was given the name Mordred he did not feel much other than a burning sense of duty to fight for the Emperor and the Imperium until his dying breath and to the best of his abilities for however long that may be.

Since becoming a full battle brother of the Grey Knight’s Mordred when not slaying Daemons and Traitors alike has spent almost all of his time training and honing his skills with his blade and his psychic abilities so that he can protect his brothers better by slaying and banishing the stronger foes of the Imperium. Mordred and other battle brothers have noticed that even in the opening members of particular fierce battles his swordsmanship is even better than it normally is as it seems his psychic abilities tend to be more towards precognition that allows him to see a few seconds ahead or particular moments in the battle which he subconsciously remembers and prepares himself for.

One such battle was during a purge of the chaos ship: Harbinger of Woe, fifty years into Mordred’s career when the combined strength of half of the Sixth Brotherhood and the Angels of Absolution decided it was time to put an end to the terror that was Argamond the Defiler, a Possessed Lord of the Black Legion. With the rest of the Brotherhood and the Angels of Absolution deploying via boarding pod, thunderhawk transport and teleportation to the rest of Argamond’s fleet it fell to Mordred and rest of squad Dothrac to teleport directly onto the command deck of the ‘Harbinger’ and bring the Emperors retribution to the Defiler.

The moment Squad Dothrac re-entered the material universe Mordred was already moving like his rest of his battle brothers, Mordred drew his Nemesis Force Blade in his right hand while sending two blessed bolt rounds into the face plate of a Black Legion marine blowing out what was left of traitors skull through the back of his helmet before letting his Stormbolter fall silently as he grasped his blade in both hands and removed the right arm and both legs of another traitor before setting about the Emperors Holy Duty as the rest of squad Dothrac engaged with their Justicar heading straight towards the Defiler himself.

It was during the clash between his Justicar and the Defiler that Mordred saw the glimpse of the future that ended with the Justicar being slain as the Defiler’s accursed sword cleaved through his helmet. Not willing to allow such a future to come to pass Mordred was already moving towards the combatants as the blade fell with his own future of the blade cleaving through his own helmet being shown to himself. Heedless of danger to his own life Mordred shoved his Justicar out of the way receiving the blow meant for him instead but at the last moment jerking his head back so the blade’s tip left a bloody trail down his face giving him his scar.

With his Justicar out of harms way for now it was Mordred who proceeded to battle with the Defiler relying on his own swordsmanship and his ‘battle-sight’ to allow him to hold his own and eventually take the head of Argamond after a short by fierce and impressive display of swordsmanship with a back handed strike of his sword and as the traitors head left his neck Mordred did not stop to admire his handy work or even listen to the praise of his Justicar and Brothers for killing the Defiler he simply moved on to aiding his brothers in slaying all remaining traitors on the bridge.

While it has been noted that Mordred and Talerion have a similar role or calling within the squad and chapter itself, potentially being future Company or even Chapter Champions, Mordred’s sights remain firmly set upon the ranks of the Paladins, the greatest warriors and mightiest Daemon-Slayers of the entire chapter. As to become a paladin is to become a champion among champions and a warrior of the highest caliber who has proven himself to all those he calls his brothers.

Psychic Discipline: Precognition

Equipment: Aegis Power armour, Nemesis Force Sword , Storm Bolter, Frag grenades, Krak grenades, Psyk-out grenades
Looking good revan, you're in. I've contacted HonourableMan and Krymson to let them know that this thing may finally get off the ground. kyleripper has a character in the works and I look forward to seeing your characters Santaire and Euphrati.

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
post #13 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-01-14, 12:57 PM
Reaper of Souls

Santaire's Flag is: United Kingdom

Name: Galahad

Appearance: Naturally, Galahad’s armour is unpainted as is the same with all his brother Grey Knights. Unlike many of his battle brothers however, his armour is extremely plain, bearing only one purity seal on the left pauldron in addition to the typical engravings of protective litanies and symbols. He carries the Liber Daemonicum on his chest plate in the only truly extravagant part of his armour. His armour appears more suited to a penitent than a skilled and deadly warrior, such is its apparent plainness. He carries a Nemesis Warding Stave almost as tall as he is and perfectly balanced so that he can move incredibly quickly with it, almost making up for the reduced combat effectiveness and enabling him to actually outfight many foes wielding a more efficient weapon such as a sword or axe. Across his chestplate is inscribed the ancient prayer I am the Hammer:

I am the Hammer,
I am the edge of His Sword,
I am the tip of His Spear,
I am the mail about His Fist,
I am the flight of His Arrows,

I am the right hand of my Emperor,
I am the instrument of His will,
I am His Sword as He is my Armour,
I am His Wrath and He is my Zeal,
I am the Bane of His Foes and the Woes of the Treacherous,

Let us be His Shield,
Let us speak His Word as He fuels the Fire of Devotion,
Let us fight His Battles, as He fights the Battle at the end of time,
And let us join Him there, for Duty ends not in Death,
In Vengeance be true, In Valour be Strong,

I am the Hammer,
I am the Sword,
I am the Spear,
I am the Shield,
I am the soldier at the End of Time.

Beneath the armour he is pale skinned and wiry for an Astartes, making him faster than most of his brothers. His features could best be described as noble of countenance, appearing to be carved from marble; this appearance has only been heightened by his ascension to the rank of Astartes, despite the affected proportions. His eyes are a deep green and his fair hair is kept cropped close to his skull. His skin is tattooed with wards matching those on his armour. Also decorating his body is the Canticle of Absolution, written in High Gothic. Despite his long years of service, Galahad’s body is completely unscarred unlike that of his brother Mordred.

Personality: Galahad would best be described as taciturn. However he is still more open than most of his squad members, being the most prepared to share his thoughts and feelings with his brothers even if that is not actually that impressive in terms of the openness of the rest of his squad. Indeed he still won’t speak a word of his trials, believing that some memories are better kept buried than left in the open where they can only cause pain and suffering. He is patient; understanding that eventually even the greatest of foes will make a mistake and that he must ensure he is alive to take advantage of it if he is to defeat them. To his brothers he is the voice of reason and control, matched against Mordred’s focus and stubbornness, Auril’s brooding and Talerion’s temper. This is only enhanced by his ability of telepathy, being able to hear thoughts - and, indeed, project them - makes it easy for him to keep the squad as closely knit a fighting unit as possible. Even for a Grey Knight, he is pure of heart and soul, his very presence being anathema to Daemons even when compared with his brothers. Perhaps it is for this reason that his main goal as a Grey Knight is to ascend to the ranks of the Purifier, to be one of those who stand as a shining light in the darkest fathoms of the Warp.

History: Some people say what you don’t know can’t hurt you. This is wrong. A more accurate phrase would likely be what you don’t remember can’t hurt you. What you do remember, on the other hand, can scar you for a lifetime. Galahad has apparently blocked his own memories of his trials for he cannot recall anything of them; his earliest memory is just after returning from them, when he was finally named. Unlike his brother Talerion who vaguely recalls them, Auril who doesn’t care and Mordred who - although he remembers them - seldom, if ever, speaks of them, Galahad actually remembers nothing.

As a Grey Knight he has spent most of his time off the battlefield training with his brother and friend, Mordred. Training against such an excellent swordsman has honed his skills with the Warding Stave he carries to a razor edge and his training with his full squad has helped improve his skill with his Telepathy, using it to help coordinate the squad when they are out of visual range and vox is disabled. He also developed the ability to influence the actions of others using his powers, creating small illusions. While these cannot trick psykers, they are more than effective against none-psykers.

An example of their effectiveness was the storming of the Black Basilica, a Chaos held Ramilies-class Starfort. While the leader of the heretics was a Daemon Prince of Khorne and the reason Grey Knights had been deployed; between Squad Dothrac and it was a horde of cultists and over a hundred Black Legion Chaos Space Marines

Upon leaving the ship, Dothrac was immediately set upon by a swarm that they, along with several other Grey Knights, gunned down in short order by disciplined volleys of bolter fire.

When Dothrac came upon an especially large group roaming the corridors alongside eight marines of the Black Legion, it turned out that illusions of running footsteps can spark a tide of bloodlust, the appearance of an aimed weapon in a fellow man’s hand can cause infighting and the appearance of a fallen marine can cause mass suicides among weak willed cultists. At the end of it only three of the marines were left standing and ten of the cultists, the rest of them having killed themselves off. Of the remainder, only one was still alert and unharmed and so he died first when Squad Dothrac descended on them.

The Daemon Prince, when faced with the righteous fury of the Grey Knights called upon one of its God’s greatest Daemons, a Bloodthirster.

The mighty creature killed several of the Grey Knights that tried to face it, slicing them with its axe, snapping them with its whip or simply crushing them with its hands or hooves.

While the Brotherhood Champion, two Purifiers and three Paladins faced the Daemon Prince, Squad Dothrac and their fellow strike squads were left to defeat the Bloodthirster. The squad truly worked in concert, with Galahad drawing its attention and fending off blows left and right with his Warding Stave, infuriating it with illusions that, while they didn’t affect it as such, riled it as Khorne’s hatred of psykers, and therefore the hatred of his servants, was unmatched.

While Galahad was fending off its attacks, Mordred, Talerion and Auril were striking devastating blows against it, along with the other strike squads while Galahad and one other Warding Stave wielder dodged and blocked every attack sent their way until it was finally brought down by the other Grey Knights and by the introduction of the men who had been fighting the Daemon Prince, minus two Paladins and a Purifier, joined.

Galahad has, for as long as he can remember, wanted to become a Purifier. To be pure and stand guard against the predations of Chaos wherever the Daemons surfaced.

Psychic Discipline: Telepathy

Wargear: Aegis Power armour, Nemesis Warding Stave, Storm Bolter, Frag grenades, Krak grenades, Psyk-out grenades

We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment - and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly.
— Flemeth

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Last edited by Santaire; 02-25-14 at 07:49 PM.

post #14 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-02-14, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santaire View Post
Name: Galahad

Appearance: Naturally, Galahad’s armour is unpainted as is the same with all his brother Grey Knights. Unlike many of his battle brothers however, his armour is extremely plain, bearing only one purity seal on the left pauldron in addition to the typical engravings of protective litanies and symbols. He carries the Liber Daemonicum on his chest plate in the only truly extravagant part of his armour. His armour appears more suited to a penitent than a skilled and deadly warrior, such is its apparent plainness. He carries a Nemesis Warding Stave almost as tall as he is and perfectly balanced so that he can move incredibly quickly with it, almost making up for the reduced combat effectiveness and enabling him to actually outfight many foes wielding a more efficient weapon such as a sword or axe. Across his inscribed the ancient prayer I am the Hammer:

I am the Hammer,
I am the edge of His Sword,
I am the tip of His Spear,
I am the mail about His Fist,
I am the flight of His Arrows,

I am the right hand of my Emperor,
I am the instrument of His will,
I am His Sword as He is my Armour,
I am His Wrath and He is my Zeal,
I am the Bane of His Foes and the Woes of the Treacherous,

Let us be His Shield,
Let us speak His Word as He fuels the Fire of Devotion,
Let us fight His Battles, as He fights the Battle at the end of time,
And let us join Him there, for Duty ends not in Death,
In Vengeance be true, In Valour be Strong,

I am the Hammer,
I am the Sword,
I am the Spear,
I am the Shield,
I am the soldier at the End of Time.

Beneath the armour he is pale skinned and wiry for an Astartes, making him faster than most of his brothers. His features could best be described as noble of countenance, appearing to be carved from marble; this appearance has only been heightened by his ascension to the rank of Astartes, despite the affected proportions. His eyes are a deep green and his fair hair is kept cropped close to his skull. His skin is tattooed with wards matching those on his armour. Also decorating his body is the Canticle of Absolution, written in High Gothic. Despite his long years of service, Galahad’s body is completely unscarred unlike that of his brother Mordred.

Personality: Galahad would best be described as taciturn. However he is still more open than most of his squad members, being the most prepared to share his thoughts and feelings with his brothers even if that is not actually that impressive in terms of the openness of the rest of his squad. Indeed he still won’t speak a word of his trials, believing that some memories are better kept buried than left in the open where they can only cause pain and suffering. He is patient; understanding that eventually even the greatest of foes will make a mistake and that he must ensure he is alive to take advantage of it if he is to defeat them. To his brothers he is the voice of reason and control, matched against Mordred’s focus and stubbornness, Auril’s brooding and Talerion’s temper. This is only enhanced by his ability of telepathy, being able to hear thoughts - and, indeed, project them - makes it easy for him to keep the squad as closely knit a fighting unit as possible. Even for a Grey Knight, he is pure of heart and soul, his very presence being anathema to Daemons even when compared with his brothers. Perhaps it is for this reason that his main goal as a Grey Knight is to ascend to the ranks of the Purifier, to be one of those who stand as a shining light in the darkest fathoms of the Warp.

History: Some people say what you don’t know can’t hurt you. This is wrong. A more accurate phrase would likely be what you don’t remember can’t hurt you. What you do remember, on the other hand, can scar you for a lifetime. Galahad has apparently blocked his own memories of his trials for he cannot recall anything of them; his earliest memory is just after returning from them, when he was finally named. Unlike his brother Talerion who vaguely recalls them, Auril who doesn’t care and Mordred who - although he remembers them - seldom, if ever, speaks of them, Galahad actually remembers nothing.

As a Grey Knight he has spent most of his time off the battlefield training with his brother and friend, Mordred. Training against such an excellent swordsman has honed his skills with the Warding Stave he carries to a razor edge and his training with his full squad has helped improve his skill with his Telepathy, using it to help coordinate the squad when they are out of visual range and vox is disabled. He also developed the ability to influence the actions of others using his powers, creating small illusions. While these cannot trick psykers, they are more than effective against none-psykers.

An example of their effectiveness was the storming of the Black Basilica, a Chaos held Ramilies-class Starfort. While the leader of the heretics was a Daemon Prince of Khorne and the reason Grey Knights had been deployed; between Squad Dothrac and it was a horde of cultists and over a hundred Black Legion Chaos Space Marines

Upon leaving the ship, Dothrac was immediately set upon by a swarm that they, along with several other Grey Knights, gunned down in short order by disciplined volleys of bolter fire.

When Dothrac came upon an especially large group roaming the corridors alongside eight marines of the Black Legion, it turned out that illusions of running footsteps can spark a tide of bloodlust, the appearance of an aimed weapon in a fellow man’s hand can cause infighting and the appearance of a fallen marine can cause mass suicides among weak willed cultists. At the end of it only three of the marines were left standing and ten of the cultists, the rest of them having killed themselves off. Of the remainder, only one was still alert and unharmed and so he died first when Squad Dothrac descended on them.

The Daemon Prince, when faced with the righteous fury of the Grey Knights called upon one of its God’s greatest Daemons, a Bloodthirster.

The mighty creature killed several of the Grey Knights that tried to face it, slicing them with its axe, snapping them with its whip or simply crushing them with its hands or hooves.

While the Brotherhood Champion, two Purifiers and three Paladins faced the Daemon Prince, Squad Dothrac and their fellow strike squads were left to defeat the Bloodthirster. The squad truly worked in concert, with Galahad drawing its attention and fending off blows left and right with his Warding Stave, infuriating it with illusions that, while they didn’t affect it as such, riled it as Khorne’s hatred of psykers, and therefore the hatred of his servants, was unmatched.

While Galahad was fending off its attacks, Mordred, Talerion and Auril were striking devastating blows against it, along with the other strike squads while Galahad and one other Warding Stave wielder dodged and blocked every attack sent their way until it was finally brought down by the other Grey Knights and by the introduction of the men who had been fighting the Daemon Prince, minus two Paladins and a Purifier, joined.

Galahad has, for as long as he can remember, wanted to become a Purifier. To be pure and stand guard against the predations of Chaos wherever the Daemons surfaced.

Psychic Discipline: Telepathy

Wargear: Aegis Power armour, Nemesis Warding Stave, Storm Bolter, Frag grenades, Krak grenades, Psyk-out grenades
I like it Santaire. Nice bit of variation. You're in!

I think Euphrati is working on a character and then we should be able to get this thing underway. Of course, anyone else is free to join before and for a bit after that!

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Quote:
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
post #15 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-02-14, 10:23 PM

I'm nearly done my character, just having some trouble with the history XD. New years and a number of parties have also been cutting my ability to finish it, but I should have it done some time soon.
post #16 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-02-14, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

It's fine, you've still got time.

Just so everyone knows (and perhaps they will see this) Krymson has yet to respond to my PM. If I get no response by the time I'm ready to go, I will start it without him.

Quote:
post #17 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-05-14, 02:47 AM

Finally nearly done, just one more Para and I should be done XD.
post #18 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-06-14, 06:10 AM

Default Ianus Evandrus

Alright finally up and posted XD. Sorry for the double post lol, just finished this today. Might seem a bit weird with the final paragraph though.

Name: Ianus Evandrus

Appearance:
Ianus stands 7'1” tall, the average height for an Astartes Marine, and weighs close to 389lbs, just slightly under the average weight of what an Astartes is often thought to weigh close to. He has what would be considered to be an athletic built compared to other Astartes as Ianus prefers a more lean and agile build to allow him more fluid and flowing form of swordsmanship. When it comes to his physical and facial features, Ianus has a rather handsome face, that seems to match his pale white skin, which is more than likely due to the lack of actual sunlight through the huge city buildings that blocked out the sun, and many ships which he had resided aboard before being taken to fill the ranks of the Grey Knights, although it's often also attributed to the fact his skin is always covered and hidden from any sunlight due to his armour. Ianus's hair is blonde, which is often kept messy if not a bit curly due to his helmet which he wears quite often, although in truth it's why his hair is usually cut short to prevent such bad bedhead or helmet hair. His face is usually always seen with a smile or grin across, showing his white teeth which he takes great pride in taking care as way to show his purity. As for his eyes, they are a gentle green, that match the lush moon of his homeworld, that often give off an almost calming sense. Another facial feature is his rather odd colored facial hair that does not at all match his hair color, which is usually why he shaves when ever he gets the chance to. When it comes to scars and battle wounds... he has a wide array of scars and grievous injuries from the many battles fought during his service with the Grey Knights. Then there are the tattoo's itched into his flesh as is a normal custom for any who earn the title of Battle Brother within the Grey Knights.

Like any Grey Knight Battle-Brother Ianus had been awarded the unpainted grey ceramite Aegis Power armour. However upon his shoulder pauldrons are the acid-itched rites and prayers that give him added protection against his Daemon foes. His helm also seems to stand out some, as there is a large recently fixed scar that remains visible across and over the left eye and down to where the jaw, which was received during his most recent deployment. There are also a number of purity seals that decorate his armour, one which was placed upon the trim of his left shoulder for defence, another placed upon his right armour for the blessing of speed and agility in cutting down his unholy foes, and finally two upon his legs for speed.

Personality:
General- Ianus is well known for his rather kind hearted nature towards humanity and his fellow battle-brothers for whom he would gladly lay down his life for if the situation required it. His love for humanity stems from the belief of the love the Emperor of man has for those he protects and rules over. It also gives him some level of mental fortitude when fighting against the numerous Daemons that seem to spawn up every hour. When with his fellow battle-brothers he does his best to act friendly and remain talkative while building a number of close bonds with each brother to help fight and work together as a more effective team than normal. Of course there is also his psychic abilities which to him feel like a blessing, given to him by the Emperor himself, as it has always given him a number of paths. It's his belief that the Emperor had guided him through the 666 trials of the Grey Knights, and had given him the right to earn his place in the Chapter, who carry the holy genes of the Emperor within themselves.

Combat- Like any Astartes of the Grey Knights Chapter, Ianus aspires to destroy all forms of Chaos, and the taint Daemons and the foul forces of the dark gods leave behind. Like many of his fellow Astartes, Ianus has used his own discipline to help give him an edge over those who make normal men fear, and even fellow Astartes would hesitate in front of. Due to his precognition abilities he has been able to avoid deadly and otherwise fatal blows by the skin of his teeth, before he makes his counter. To help hone his Psychic discipline he has chosen to focus his combat expertise around swordsmanship. Although the real reason for him choosing to combat his foes in CQC is the chance to strike down the foul Daemon spawns with his blade and fully ensure they remain dead.

Hobbies- Ianus has a wide array of hobbies and interests, many of which revolve around daily prayer to the Emperor, and sparing matches with his brothers. However he also tends to enjoy reading, as he finds reading to be a nice time killer that actually allows him to train his brain during the slow days, or during warp travel. In truth he has no special hobbies, other than practising his sword play, and honing his psychic abilities to help him in future conflicts against the almost limitless hordes of Daemon spawns.

History:
The Trials-
Brutal and unrelenting hell... is all Ianus remembers from his training and the numerous trials he underwent during his rise to become a Grey Knight. Though his trials to join the ranks of the Grey Knights had pitted him against all forms of horrors no normal mortal should ever have to undergo, it had also given him a purpose, it gave him a new sense along with a stronger faith in the people his Emperor had protected. Through his trials he had gained the strength to see the many paths that had lead him to where he is today within the ranks of the Knights, and have allowed him to shield his brothers that would otherwise be dead if not without some guidance. One such example was during his trials where he had fought beside his fellow Neophytes in the 666 trials. During his trials he along with his friend were pitted against a number of enemies, and tasks that required them to survive in lands that would otherwise be considered hell by the locals. Very much like the training of the Ancients, but far more horrific. It was there that Ianus' abilities had come to him as though the Emperor himself had come from the golden throne on Terra to give him warnings, laying out a path for him to follow... however one day he was forced to leave behind his friend the moment he had taken the wrong path. Although it was actually his friend who had forced him to leave him, in the face of daemons. The wounded Ianus swore he would never leave another of his brothers again, and would hone his abilities to ensure he would never lead his brothers to the path of death.

Battle-Brother-
After he made the vow to the Emperor, he devoted his life to study more, and hone his abilities in the blade and physic abilities. Time quickly flew by, and Ianus had survived the trials and had earned his right to join the ranks of the Grey Knights as a full battle-brother. No sooner had he gotten his wargear, he was assigned to a strike squad, which was lead by a rather interesting Justicar. Ianus would serve with this strike squad for close to a generation. During this time he had began to focus his time towards a new path, one that had been suggested by one of the very very few Chaplain's. After a number of years of service, Ianus' faith in the Emperor and humanity had shown he might have the abilities to one day take on either the duties of a Chaplain, or possibly be inducted into the ranks of the purifiers. However it was up to Ianus to chose his own fate, and as such he did his own thing, he began to study magical tomes in order to hone his Emperor blessed gifts, and protect humanity. During the times he had free time to train, he would not only hone his skills in combat but also use the time to study what magical tomes he could to gain further insight into how to destroy Daemons for good. With the help of his Justicar, and one of the Chapter Chaplain's and Librarians.

During his 90th year however he and his strike squad came face to face with a greater Daemon, one that proved to be more of a draughting challenge than he and his fellow brothers had first realized. The battle had lasted close to a year. The strike Squad had a harder time fighting for the liberation of the planet from the greater Daemon and his forces, most of whom were traitor PDF forces that turned against the local population and their fellow PDF troops. However by the end of the year traitor forces were quickly destroyed along with their daemon support, leaving but a few and the greater daemon. The final battle proved to be the hardest fight for the Strike squad, more so when two of the squad had perished in battle, and another some time during the fight for the planet. However Ianus kept his thoughts focused upon killing the daemon. During the fight, Ianus was pitched into solo combat with the daemon, and another. His squad thought the worst, but their spirits were soon lifted the moment he returned to his brothers, his armour scarred and battered, but Ianus more or less unharmed save a few cuts a bruises from the battle. In truth Ianus had used his precognition during his battle and had managed to kill the daemon for good. Shortly after he and his squad helped save the local population and retake the planet, they returned to Titan where Ianus soon returned to his studies, acting in his usual joking and joyful way.

Psychic discipline: precognition seems to be the main focus of Ianus, as it has always guided him through his trials, and even through many battlefields throughout the galaxy.

Equipment:
-Aegis Power armour
-Nemesis Force Sword, x1
-Storm Bolter, x1
-Frag grenades, x2
-Krak grenades, x2
-Psyk-out grenades, x2
post #19 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-07-14, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleripper View Post
Alright finally up and posted XD. Sorry for the double post lol, just finished this today. Might seem a bit weird with the final paragraph though.

Name: Ianus Evandrus

Appearance:
Ianus stands 7'1” tall, the average height for an Astartes Marine, and weighs close to 389lbs, just slightly under the average weight of what an Astartes is often thought to weigh close to. He has what would be considered to be an athletic built compared to other Astartes as Ianus prefers a more lean and agile build to allow him more fluid and flowing form of swordsmanship. When it comes to his physical and facial features, Ianus has a rather handsome face, that seems to match his pale white skin, which is more than likely due to the lack of actual sunlight through the huge city buildings that blocked out the sun, and many ships which he had resided aboard before being taken to fill the ranks of the Grey Knights, although it's often also attributed to the fact his skin is always covered and hidden from any sunlight due to his armour. Ianus's hair is blonde, which is often kept messy if not a bit curly due to his helmet which he wears quite often, although in truth it's why his hair is usually cut short to prevent such bad bedhead or helmet hair. His face is usually always seen with a smile or grin across, showing his white teeth which he takes great pride in taking care as way to show his purity. As for his eyes, they are a gentle green, that match the lush moon of his homeworld, that often give off an almost calming sense. Another facial feature is his rather odd colored facial hair that does not at all match his hair color, which is usually why he shaves when ever he gets the chance to. When it comes to scars and battle wounds... he has a wide array of scars and grievous injuries from the many battles fought during his service with the Grey Knights. Then there are the tattoo's itched into his flesh as is a normal custom for any who earn the title of Battle Brother within the Grey Knights.

Like any Grey Knight Battle-Brother Ianus had been awarded the unpainted grey ceramite Aegis Power armour. However upon his shoulder pauldrons are the acid-itched rites and prayers that give him added protection against his Daemon foes. His helm also seems to stand out some, as there is a large recently fixed scar that remains visible across and over the left eye and down to where the jaw, which was received during his most recent deployment. There are also a number of purity seals that decorate his armour, one which was placed upon the trim of his left shoulder for defence, another placed upon his right armour for the blessing of speed and agility in cutting down his unholy foes, and finally two upon his legs for speed.

Personality:
General- Ianus is well known for his rather kind hearted nature towards humanity and his fellow battle-brothers for whom he would gladly lay down his life for if the situation required it. His love for humanity stems from the belief of the love the Emperor of man has for those he protects and rules over. It also gives him some level of mental fortitude when fighting against the numerous Daemons that seem to spawn up every hour. When with his fellow battle-brothers he does his best to act friendly and remain talkative while building a number of close bonds with each brother to help fight and work together as a more effective team than normal. Of course there is also his psychic abilities which to him feel like a blessing, given to him by the Emperor himself, as it has always given him a number of paths. It's his belief that the Emperor had guided him through the 666 trials of the Grey Knights, and had given him the right to earn his place in the Chapter, who carry the holy genes of the Emperor within themselves.

Combat- Like any Astartes of the Grey Knights Chapter, Ianus aspires to destroy all forms of Chaos, and the taint Daemons and the foul forces of the dark gods leave behind. Like many of his fellow Astartes, Ianus has used his own discipline to help give him an edge over those who make normal men fear, and even fellow Astartes would hesitate in front of. Due to his precognition abilities he has been able to avoid deadly and otherwise fatal blows by the skin of his teeth, before he makes his counter. To help hone his Psychic discipline he has chosen to focus his combat expertise around swordsmanship. Although the real reason for him choosing to combat his foes in CQC is the chance to strike down the foul Daemon spawns with his blade and fully ensure they remain dead.

Hobbies- Ianus has a wide array of hobbies and interests, many of which revolve around daily prayer to the Emperor, and sparing matches with his brothers. However he also tends to enjoy reading, as he finds reading to be a nice time killer that actually allows him to train his brain during the slow days, or during warp travel. In truth he has no special hobbies, other than practising his sword play, and honing his psychic abilities to help him in future conflicts against the almost limitless hordes of Daemon spawns.

History:
The Trials-
Brutal and unrelenting hell... is all Ianus remembers from his training and the numerous trials he underwent during his rise to become a Grey Knight. Though his trials to join the ranks of the Grey Knights had pitted him against all forms of horrors no normal mortal should ever have to undergo, it had also given him a purpose, it gave him a new sense along with a stronger faith in the people his Emperor had protected. Through his trials he had gained the strength to see the many paths that had lead him to where he is today within the ranks of the Knights, and have allowed him to shield his brothers that would otherwise be dead if not without some guidance. One such example was during his trials where he had fought beside his fellow Neophytes in the 666 trials. During his trials he along with his friend were pitted against a number of enemies, and tasks that required them to survive in lands that would otherwise be considered hell by the locals. Very much like the training of the Ancients, but far more horrific. It was there that Ianus' abilities had come to him as though the Emperor himself had come from the golden throne on Terra to give him warnings, laying out a path for him to follow... however one day he was forced to leave behind his friend the moment he had taken the wrong path. Although it was actually his friend who had forced him to leave him, in the face of daemons. The wounded Ianus swore he would never leave another of his brothers again, and would hone his abilities to ensure he would never lead his brothers to the path of death.

Battle-Brother-
After he made the vow to the Emperor, he devoted his life to study more, and hone his abilities in the blade and physic abilities. Time quickly flew by, and Ianus had survived the trials and had earned his right to join the ranks of the Grey Knights as a full battle-brother. No sooner had he gotten his wargear, he was assigned to a strike squad, which was lead by a rather interesting Justicar. Ianus would serve with this strike squad for close to a generation. During this time he had began to focus his time towards a new path, one that had been suggested by one of the very very few Chaplain's. After a number of years of service, Ianus' faith in the Emperor and humanity had shown he might have the abilities to one day take on either the duties of a Chaplain, or possibly be inducted into the ranks of the purifiers. However it was up to Ianus to chose his own fate, and as such he did his own thing, he began to study magical tomes in order to hone his Emperor blessed gifts, and protect humanity. During the times he had free time to train, he would not only hone his skills in combat but also use the time to study what magical tomes he could to gain further insight into how to destroy Daemons for good. With the help of his Justicar, and one of the Chapter Chaplain's and Librarians.

During his 90th year however he and his strike squad came face to face with a greater Daemon, one that proved to be more of a draughting challenge than he and his fellow brothers had first realized. The battle had lasted close to a year. The strike Squad had a harder time fighting for the liberation of the planet from the greater Daemon and his forces, most of whom were traitor PDF forces that turned against the local population and their fellow PDF troops. However by the end of the year traitor forces were quickly destroyed along with their daemon support, leaving but a few and the greater daemon. The final battle proved to be the hardest fight for the Strike squad, more so when two of the squad had perished in battle, and another some time during the fight for the planet. However Ianus kept his thoughts focused upon killing the daemon. During the fight, Ianus was pitched into solo combat with the daemon, and another. His squad thought the worst, but their spirits were soon lifted the moment he returned to his brothers, his armour scarred and battered, but Ianus more or less unharmed save a few cuts a bruises from the battle. In truth Ianus had used his precognition during his battle and had managed to kill the daemon for good. Shortly after he and his squad helped save the local population and retake the planet, they returned to Titan where Ianus soon returned to his studies, acting in his usual joking and joyful way.

Psychic discipline: precognition seems to be the main focus of Ianus, as it has always guided him through his trials, and even through many battlefields throughout the galaxy.

Equipment:
-Aegis Power armour
-Nemesis Force Sword, x1
-Storm Bolter, x1
-Frag grenades
-Krak grenades
-Psyk-out grenades
Sweet you're in. On a side note, I removed the number of grenades you have for the same reason that I don't have any number of ammunition rounds that and character carries. I'll let you know when you are running low/out of ammo/grenades, if that happens. Although, just as a general note, that doesn't mean you should spam them at every available opportunity.

Now, I've still had no response from Krymson so I'll be waiting for Euphrati's character to start this with a demi-squad of five. Thanks for waiting this long, and I hope your patience can hold out just a little longer.

Quote:
post #20 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-08-14, 09:01 PM

lol I'm okay with waiting a bit. University started for me so, I have the ability to wait on the action thread lol.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode