Interest check - Orks RP Thread - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-19-13, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

Default Interest check - Orks RP Thread

Hey there everyone ive decided to try and start a Roleplay thread.

Ive also decided that im going to choose not to do it on the usual heroic, Good guy squad, that miraculously survives the odds and kicks ass.

As the title says, this will be on Orks.

Now this will make it a whole new way of writing rp entries. Because obviously you are an ork, and Orks are hilariously brutal, savage and simple minded. to be able to write like an ork, you have to think like an ork.

For example:

An imperial Guardsmen is trying to fix his vox caster, it doesnt work no matter how many procedures he goes through, so he takes it the techpriest to get it fixed.

Problem= solved

an ork is trying to fix his (stolen) vox caster, it doesnt work no matter how many times he beats it, so he takes it to the mek and sells it for 5 teeth.

Problem= solved (the ork way)

Your usual RP are strict because they want to stick to the 40K Fluff, however in this thread its perfectly normal for you to mug another player because you will be Orks!!!

so im thinking this will be different and a lot of fun

so post if you would be interested in participating, im thinking of having around 8 players. You can have your character be a Nob, Ork boy or a Gretchin

the way this will work is it would end up being some sort of squad that start off in an ork camp and leave to go to a Waaagh. If you have any ideas about story line feel free to post because im going to need some help with planning.

thanks

-Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bruva Alfabusa
"My first model had so many layers of paint, that an excavation team could probably find fossils in it".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-20-13, 05:11 PM

Firedamaged's Flag is: England

Like the idea, but it's been tried before rather unsuccessfully. If you can get a decent plotline going whilst still maintaining an Orky feel to it I know I'd be interested and I'm sure there're plenty of others who would be interested in a campaign that isn't just a typical Space Marines or Guardsmen campaign

Regards

FD

post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-20-13, 06:19 PM
Mad as a sack of Squigs

Ratvan's Flag is: England

Sounds like a lot of fun, as above the storyline will need to be very strong to carry it off.

Regardless I want to be a grot

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-20-13, 07:35 PM

Znoz's Flag is: Latvia

How do you determine an ork size? - otherwise fights for leadership will end this RP really fast "Um' da biggest, um' da Boss!".

What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-20-13, 07:47 PM

Orks technically never stop growing, so I guess being true to fluff would result in the eldest Ork being 'Da Biggest', but I assume Tech would just either tell us who's in charge or have an NPC be the Warboss.

Regards

FD

post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-20-13, 08:21 PM

Znoz's Flag is: Latvia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedamaged View Post
I guess being true to fluff would result in the eldest Ork being 'Da Biggest'
More posts on forum - more meat on ork? :3
Gretchin is my destiny.

What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-21-13, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Warlord of Vermin

Hmmm plot line.....

Fuck this is a lot more difficult than i thought,

ok how about this

On the desert planet of Arinah wages a year-long war between the forces of the 203rd Cadian and the relentless Ork Waaagh. 5 kilometres from the FEBA a small ork camp is filled with huts, shacks and tents teeming with orks ready to reinforce the battle line.

If you dont like what i wrote just tell me and we can work out a better setting or better enemy. I just thought Guard would be good because they arent too hard to kill.

So theres the forces and the terrain now i just need to know What exactly everyone wants to be, ive got 2 people wanting to be Grots, Honestly i think that would be a lot of fun having a bunch of Gretchin trying to survive in a warzone. The thing is it could work because the little shits are known for being cunning and able to survive because of their size and speed. However being an ork, you become clumsy and stupid. Orks wouldnt think twice about running head long into a gunline. Whereas if everyone was a grot you can still keep your intelligence without it ruining the fluff.

So we can devise a plot once we have numbers and people vote on what they want to be, because how on earth are we going to think of a plotline if we had 4 gretchin, 2 orks and 3 nobz. I generally want to keep you guys together

And regarding "whos da boss" im quite happy to be a sneaky Grot while someone else can be a huge green target for the enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bruva Alfabusa
"My first model had so many layers of paint, that an excavation team could probably find fossils in it".

Last edited by TechPr1est; 10-21-13 at 08:42 AM.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-21-13, 08:58 AM
Mad as a sack of Squigs

Ratvan's Flag is: England

I've done a WHFB Orc and Goblin RP previously and it was a lot of fun, it focused mainly on the interaction of the characters with small battles and a lot of exploration. I'll send a PM with the link if you wanna research?
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-21-13, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Warlord of Vermin

yeah that would be great thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bruva Alfabusa
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-21-13, 09:43 AM

Wouldn't have minded being a Mekboy or Weirdboy or something, but a grot should be interesting. I think it might work if we all were a variety of grotz, nobz and boyz but it would involve lots of deference and subtle manipulations from those being the smaller, sneaker grotz.

Regards

FD

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode