[Action] Frozen Secrets - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-04-13, 01:21 AM
Junior Member
Gavoon's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 20
Reputation: 1
Default

The doors where coming up slowly, far too slowly for Gordons taste. They'd heard the gunfire, then the request for assistance in the armory - but that was it. It was Skates, he knew it - they must have gotten through the walls in force. He gripped his lasgun tight, they would not get past him. The klaxons wail, and he freezes, he couldn't think of a worse time for this to happen, but he would still do his duty - the God Emperor willed it. The doors ahead opened slowly, and his gaze finitely searched the snow for any movement. A fist hit his shoulder, he turned to the trooper who had done it - Hale, he thought it was - and stared at him blankly. Hale rolled his eyes, "Blizzard Lights" Recognition dawned on Gordon, he hit the activation buttons on the three sections - it wouldn't due to get lost in a storm just as this.

Gordon stepped slowly out of the lift, his lasgun lifted to burn away any Skaters that dared to make themselves enemies of the Emperor. Suddenly, there was movement, and it wasint human. He squeezed the trigger, and was happy to hear a roar of anger in response. He faintly noticed the sound of other lasguns discharging as the troopers around him fired. But then, from the snow came forth a beast - standing far above the guardsmen. It ran forward, - making it obvious that it wasint an skater - clearing the ground between it and the entrance quickly. Two more beasts stepped out behind it, he squeezed the trigger, hoping to see the beast fall to its knees in death, it didint, not even stopping to wince in pain. The storm picked up, ice fell from the sky at a faster rate, and Gordon couldn't help but wince - it would be a terrible way to die. his rifle burned in his hand, heating up even in the freezing cold weather with the constant stream of fire he was putting on the encroaching beasts. Suddenly, the lead beast was down, a large chunk of ice sticking from its head the reason for its death, he moved his aim to the two behind it - click, Emperor Damn it.

Gordon released the depleted ammunition, grabbing a laspack from his belt, his gloved hands shaking, and shakily shoved it in the slot. Someone pulled at his shoulder, and he glanced to the left as he lifted his weapon - it was Hale again, who promptly yelled in "Scatter!" in Gordons face. Before he ran into the snow. Gordon was shocked for a second, had Hale really ran? had Gordon heard him wrong? Cowardice was a sin, worthy of battlefield execution - but apparently this thought had not crossed the other troopers, as each ran into the snow in random directions. Emperor damn them, he couldn't kill the beasts by himself, and dying alone would be useless. He sent a prayer to the Emperor, hoping to be forgiven for this grave sin before he sprinted to the left, jumping over a pile of rubble pushing his legs as fast as they go as he headed towards the shelter - hoping to the Emperor above that the beasts didint follow.
Gavoon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-04-13, 03:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Deus Mortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition
Posts: 2,071
Reputation: 37
Default

Juliette sprinted towards the armoury. Her heart was still racing from the encounter with whatever that beast was and she could still feel herself being on edge. She did her best to ignore the sounds of people and creatures dying all around. The wind howled and she tried to convince herself that a lot of the noises she was hearing were just the wind howling through debris. She had never heard the wind cry for its mother or beg the God-Emperor for protection. Still, the most important thing right now was to get the civilians to safety. Quite where the safety was she hadn’t worked out, but she was hardly thinking clearly. She doubted anyone was. “One thing at a time” she told herself over the cries for mercy of the screaming wind.

The falling support beam had caved in the front third of the armoury, its roof bowing like a drunkard. Juliette approached and tried her best not to notice the crimson skid-marks and pulverised metal that showed the support beam’s path. *Perhaps was better they died…* Juliette thought to herself as she tried to find anyone living, or anything that was about to leap from its concealed position and devour her. *Perhaps they were the lucky one. Perhaps…* Juliette shook her head and forced herself to focus. She needed focus if they were going to weather this. The burst transmission had gone off. Help was on the way. Now they just needed to survive until it came.

Juliette ducked under where the support beam had wedged itself in the armoury walls, shotgun held before her prepared for the worst. “It’s a trooper!” came a voice Juliette didn’t recognise. She straightened and moved deeper into the cavernous interior of the armoury. From what she could see there was no dead and only a few wounded. *Wonderful!* she thought bitterly to herself. *The white caps are dead and none of these useless buggers died. Just my luck.* She felt bad the moment she thought it. She didn’t wish them dead. But what she needed was soldiers with weapons, not defenceless civilians.

There was no dead, but there was a lot of noise. She could hear people hammering at doors they were trapped behind. Arguments breaking out about what they should do. Some were shouting that they should grab arms and fight here. Other bellowed that they should get out of here, make a break for the tunnels. Others were wailing about how they were going to die. Some stared vacantly into space. Some were on their knees praying to the God-Emperor, although Juliette doubted could hear them over this racket. Some clambered around her, asking a hundred questions at the same time. Some of them hadn’t even noticed she had entered. This was panic, and it would kill them of that she was certain.

“Hey!” she shouted, but the racket drowned her out. “Hey!” She shouted with only moderately more success. “HEY!” She screamed but still she wasn’t being heard. Still the arguments and wailing persisted. Juliette growled to herself and fired her shotgun into the air. Everyone heard that and turned to look at who or what had fired. “EVERYBODY SHUT UP!” Juliette bellowed; her audience now captivated to her. There was still some sobs being held back some low-level mumblings by those too engrossed in their final prayers to hear anything else and those at the doors kept banging, trying to get freed.

“I need you to all do exactly as I say…” Juliette spoke, the fact that she had a weapon and knew how to use it giving her instant and ultimate authority. She still wasn’t quite sure what she was going to tell them to do. But a poor plan was better than pandemonium and blind fear driving these people. “…we need to get those people free from behind those doors. I want teams of 10 strong men or women working to move that rubble. Once they’re free, go no farther than shouting range and recover materials. Med-kits, weapons, armour. I want it all here.”

The civilians quickly divided themselves. Those who knew they possessed strength moved to clear the doors. She couldn’t have them going too far, in case some of those creatures had got in. At least if their fellow could hear them dying, she might have some warning. Not that she could do much with that warning. One shotgun was unlikely to help them much. Still, it might give her time to run. She watched men and women work as mothers comfort their children, and wondered whether they would last until tomorrow. She had no experience in mass assault defence. No one did really. She wasn’t even really sure what she was going to do once these civilians were free. Where would she take them? What would they do? One thing she did know, she couldn’t help them on her own.

She spoke into the vox, praying that there was someone on the other end to hear her “This is trooper Juliette requesting immediate assistance at the armoury. Multiple unharmed civilians trapped and need immediate evac…” The sound of blaring klaxons sounded over her words and she screwed her eyes shut and hoped she was imagining it. As she opened her eyes, the interior of the armoury was bathed in orange light. *Perfect.* Juliette snarled in her mind; just what they needed, a blizzard. “We need those civilians free ASAP people!” she yelled over the blaring noise. That was just perfect. Now she was trapped here with a bunch of terrified, unarmed civilians. She closed her eyes and prayed to the God-Emperor that none of those monsters had broken in. For now, they were on their own…

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
Deus Mortis is offline  
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-04-13, 06:55 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 70
Reputation: 1
Default

As more of these creatures popped out of the woodwork, Boris had a cold feeling creeping up his spine, even colder than the surface of Geminar. They let out a ear piercing shriek before leaping at him. Boris had the good luck of having one of the creatures jumping straight into his power lifter, and he wasted no time in trapping it. The other one aimed straight for the view port and crashed into it, just like the one that came before. Boris was ready for it as it crammed it's head through the view port, firing off two shells point blank into his head, popping it like a soft fruit. As Boris turned his attention to the other one, he realized the thrashing had stopped. It was then he noticed the creature was impaled by a large ice chunk. What was about to happen next dawned on Boris as another chunk had slammed into the back of the Sentinel. Cursing his luck, Boris simply braced himself. At this point, it would be too late to try to find any other cover. All Boris could do now was to sit here and hope for the best. The hail of ice went on without end, thrashing the Sentinel around. Boris willed himself to live through this.

For her sake. For Natasha
Cleanser is offline  
 
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-13, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
DasOmen's Avatar
DasOmen's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 812
Reputation: 2
Default

As the reinforcements enter the frozen fray the doors to the vehicle bay slides shut behind them.inside order was begining to be reestablished. over the vox network the welcome voice of command breaks through. the sonar stations signal that the invading tyranids are in full retreat now in order to escape the storm. aparently they dont have the numbers with the storm going on to sack the base and have retreated. the person regaining control of things was none other than the charasmatic priest Farther Gale.

"And The Emperor has laid down his protection upon us people of Geminar! It was he who summoned the wrath of the storms to protect us in our time of need and slay the heretics, the mutants, and the wretched xenos who would take this planet we call home from him and his glory! Rally onto the Vehicle bay his children and be blessed with salvation from the cold and from the ice, Rally onto the vehicle bay In his name!" for many the call of gale was a welcome one. "Now hear my words children of the emperor, For they are the words the emperor wishes you all to hear! the Xenos have fled! they have turned tail and run back to the depths from which they have came in their misguided and misjudged attempt to take us in one fell swoop. Blessed be the emperor and his divine wrath that he brought down upon the xeno filth. All available troopers are to report to the armory, For your sister needs you children of the emperor! She has found our brothers and sisters safe and sound within it's hollowed walls! Go now and make haste! In the emperor's name protect us and guide us to victory my fellow children! In the emperor's name he protects and in the Emperor's name he destroys! May the emperor grant our fallen Govoner eternal peace at his side for his valiant sacrifice in his name; And let that sacrifice never be forgotten!"

as the vox went quiet blizzard lights lit up the battlefield, punching through the snow and lighting up the area that was once cloaked in nothing but darkness and snow. docking lights began to flash red near the vehicle bay doors as well as the armory building to guide troops to these positions. finaly after a few moments the massive vehicle bay doors opend once more, and marching out of them came several sentinels armed with two power lifters clasping makeshift shields to help form a line of cover from the vehicle bay to the armory's main entrance. the worst seemed to be over, but how long would it last? how long untill the xenos were back? only time and the emperor knew.
================================================== ========================
some of you
: please actually react and post your reactions to the above, and not just leave it out. this isnt for all of you, only some of you.

Joric Talund : The sound of the ice storm rages on like the wrath of the emperor himself. but just when you started to think the vehicle was going to give way under the barrage of ice and whatever else lurked outside, The voice of farther Gale breaks over your vox units in stereo. his voice and his words seem to rally your new found companions. as some of them debate tearing down the barricade the transport you're in lunges some. you hear two massive smacks into the front and sides of the transport. fearing another attack from the beasts or a bunch of skates seeking to take advantage of the situation, the lot of you ready your weapons... skates didn't care about ice and that barrier meant nothing to them. but just as one of your men was beginning to mutter he saw something in the ice you feel movement, not on your person but in the transport. that's when it dawns on you, something's dragging the transport. breaking over your vox you hear the voice of a sentinel pilot who was in charge of retrieving the "make shift shelters", he's dragging you to the vehicle bay.

Anthony Lecutis: the group of troopers you took command of cheer as farther gale comes over the vox. as you near the vehicle bay you see it's massive doors open and a load of sentinels carrying makeshift shields march out and take position. the lot of you rush towards the lift to take cover under the newly formed shield walkway. many of the men rush off under the walkway towards the armory to help with the situation there...

Oliver Døvig: The position in which you are hiding only offered a moderate level of protection. from down inside your shelter you find yourself looking at a steadily and quickly rising mound of snow at the entrance. with every passing moment it gets noticeably bigger threatning to trap you inside the shelter. that and the problem of large chunks of ice impacting the area was creating several problems, A shrapnel, the icy shards of ice were a problem, B it was compacting the ice and reinforcing it, digging out with even the power shovel would be a bit of a problem in a bit, and C... you'd be trapped. but there were several positives to this, you wernt outside and now farther gale was coming over your vox caster. though midway through his speach you feel something large and wide smack into your back only to find a strange sensation in your clothing as the area around your neck contracted and shook a bit like a dog with a chew toy. second later it strikes you, SKATE! there was a blasted skate on your back trying to make a meal out of you! you have no idea where it's tail is and that nasty little thing can cause dire problems! thankfully the skate had bad aim with it's initial attack and instead of biting on your neck, it was now biting the fuz of your collar thinking it was your neck.


Boris Kavrov: Your sentinel begins to flash warning lights, the damage it was sustaining wasnt making the machine spirit happy in the least. but just as a massive chunk of ice nearly knocks the sentinell off it's feet Farther gale comes in over the vox. it's as you're righting yourself after that close call that you find something stairing back at you through the view port. It's a skate! the cheeky little bugger was watching your fight and chose now of all times to make itself known. leaping at your sentinel it clings to the front, wriggling it's way up to rest ontop of your vehicle as it jabbs it's long stingray like tail in through the view port. luckly for you this is a well known tactic by these little blighters. dodging your head to one side you miss getting a stinger through the eye by mere inches, and instead grab it by the tail. a good squease and yank is enough to cause it to panic and flail. letting go of the tail you see the creature dive back into the snow, the burrow pattern shows it's learned it's lesson, at least for one on one. the younger skates were always trouble makers, too young and too bold to know one on one with a sentinel is a bad idea. normaly the tactic wouldnt work but the warriors sure caused a lot of damage, not to mention they broke through the view port's shield. as you listen to the rest of the priests's words, your machine spirit lets you know of a new priority rally point, it urges you to go to the docking area of the armory to free trapped civilians.

Jewels: As you go about organizing and watching over the civilians many people start to cheer and suddenly go quiet as they hear farther gale's voice over your vox caster. some start shouting to others that help's on the way and the general mood in the area dramatically improves for the civilians... that is until you hear a large crashing sound and sudden screams of panic and terror. as you listen to gale you rush towards the commotion to find one of the magnetic doors still sealed shut, but through the window you can see a massive skate trying to chase down and eat a group of trapped civilians. for the moment the only thing keeping them from being eaten alive is the emperor's good grace as they seem to be just one step ahead of the beast, but you know once it's done with them, it will have no problem breaking through that magnetic door and window and making a meal out of the rest of the civilians. it suddenly dawns on you that you're going to need a bigger gun as the thing stands a good 6ft tall and is easily 24ft long not including it's tail. why oh why did these civilians have to get trapped in docking bay D12?

Gordon: a short bit of fighting with some gaunts who broke through the lines ends abruptly as they turn tail and run, making fetal attempts at dodging child sized chunks of ice. then as you're beggening to wonder what's going on you hear farther gale's voice break over the vox. moments later the vehicle bay doors open once more with sentinels marching out to form a shielded walkway from the storm. rushing along it you find other guardsmen flocking inside the armory heeding gale's voice to aid the civilians inside. most seem calm and safe now, but there's the sound of panic from near the back where jewls went.

Never Give Up, Never Surrender. for it is better to burn out than fade away.

Last edited by DasOmen; 10-07-13 at 10:11 AM.
DasOmen is offline  
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-13, 01:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The Eye of Terror
Posts: 83
Reputation: 2
Default

“This is trooper Juliette requesting immediate assistance at the armoury. Multiple unharmed civilians trapped and need immediate evac…”

This broadcast had attracted Oliver's attention far more than father gale's muttering. He was aware of his lot, a bunch of people believing that as long as you stay faithful all the things trying to murder you will magically vanish. He had learned himself during his childhood that prayers were more effectively answered in person than in spirit when he had come to blows with one bully back then. He would grunt or try and do an off the record broadcast to remind everyone to keep their eyes for threats, not on the ground for prayer but he had to go help...

As he was following the ones who were making for the armory, he stopped behind a large group of civilians and saw the scene himself. A bunch of people crying and sprawling helplessly across the floor with a hungry skate floating behind them, its jaws snapping. He saw that once the skate got its prey there would be no stopping it from charging headlong at them so despite his young years he acted as fast as he could.
At first he sprinted towards the mass that were headed for the vehicle bay encouraged by the priest's first transmission.

He broadcast in the local frequency: "This is trooper Oliver, requesting reinforcements in the armory area. Civilians are trapped in docking bay D12 under the danger of a skate, I repeat civilians are trapped in docking bay D12 under the danger of a skate."
He could hear the commotion but he couldn't be sure that the aftermath of this was because of the people stumbling for the vehicle bay, because of his transmission or because of the word "skate". He and the guards who had rushed to help ran back to the armory where everyone was aware of the situation.

As he jumped upwards to gain everyone's attention he redirected his voice towards the biggest crowd of people he could spot. He also had the idea to clutch the chain knife with which he had slashed the gargoyles, the acidic blood still steaming in its cold surface hoping that it will raise the morale of the civilians. Juliette who was with the group that had found the spore and had first broadcast for assistance could be there too but he didn't try to actively spot her location confident everyone around would listen.

"We need to fend off the skate before it eats the people and most importantly before it comes for us. If it charges at the door we will have many wounded! Follow me to the weapon supply storage, we need to find rockets, grenades, incendiary ammo or flamers, anything big and bad enough to blast the thing in pieces!"

Not being one hundred percent sure that their armory would have the delicate variety of weapons he described he started running for the weapon storage, knowing that the first group that had come to help at the armory would follow him. He hoped more would...


When he opened his eyes he was lying face down on the snow. He couldn't believe that the moment he sat down to catch his breath he dozed off and actually slept and even dreamed.

It was a weird choice of dream, not only for the place that actually existed, but for the people inside it. Juliette was one of the officers that accompanied the group that uncovered the tyranid object and the energy resonating from it seemed to have startled them all. In the end he blamed his sense of fellowship for the dream insisting inside his head that everyone was fine. If that was the only emotion he could relate to such a dream...

Not being able to think of how tired he was he stood up to shake off the weariness and gazed at the entrance of the shelter. Soon the snow would cover half of it and digging through it would be a tiresome process that he wasn't sure he could pull off. Without having more time to think though, something rammed him from behind and he was face down in the snow again.

The shadowy creature rose behind him, it's fangs poised ready to shred on his face. The only reason he hadn't suffered a huge injury was that the creature seemed more intent on biting than charging him at first although now it was ready to throw itself and a deal more angry. But being experienced now from his fight with the tyranids and young enough he rolled sideways in order to avoid the creature's lunge. As the thing crashed against the icy snow, he rolled sideways again, not missing a moment and found himself on top of its surface. It was smelling weirdly, it was cold of course and there was a loud thumping on his fingers like a thousand hearts below it were beating as one, or more accurately one heart beating fast as a thousand, he couldn't tell. But the surface was gluey. The cold temperatures against the creature's chitin had made a small layer of crystal on top of it and like icicles it was sticky. Sticky enough to hold his hands.

The creature of course couldn't bite him there so it did its best to shake him off. And it would have succeeded if Oliver hadn't struck his ice pick against the thing's back as bluntly as he could. Using his chain knife might have ripped the creature but that wasn't his intention for the moment. Holding his pick tight the creature was moving right or left, its face pressed against the snow from the pressure on its upper part. Then it started strafing backwards, blindly sliding in a crude fashion in the snow hoping its rider would lose his balance.

As he was doing his best not to fall down and get hit, the skate raised its ray-like tail poised to strike him with the sharp end. But since it was blind the tail only got stuck in Oliver's furry clothes. Then he pressed his arm around it and pulled with all his strength forward. The creature let out a howl that almost drove him deaf and rose from the snow gaining extreme strength from the adrenaline inside it. Then it accelerated against the snow mound with all the strength it could to shake the rider off. Oliver braced for impact, crawled atop the beast, one hand clutched at the pick the other hand holding the tail and his mouth almost licking the glistening surface. He muttered a whispering prayer to the Emperor and closed his eyes.

The rest was a blurry ride that no one was meant to do. The tangle burst out of the snow mound, the creature having built up all its strength for the charge. For some seconds he was speeding in the snowy environment, hail dripping against his face and then suddenly the loud thump of impact and all became black.
He couldn't tell for how long he was tumbling but it seemed they had hit a solid surface, as likely a building as a rock. When he landed, he was face down again and he could feel the metallic taste of blood on his mouth. The moment he raised his eyes he saw the skate, the ice pick having been lost in the ride it drove a huge slash in its upper body and had even torn its tail out. The thing was crawling slowly at its fins trying to take a bite of him. With his last remaining strength he put out his Chain Knife that seemed to have just enough power for a slash and bashed it against the above of the creature's cranial area.

There was a short blast of gore and another loud screech and the creature stopped fighting. One inch more and it would have bitten Oliver's foot, but it was weakened from its wounds.
Half on his knees he sheathed his weapon and made a mental note of requesting another ice pick. They had bashed against an iron wall half buried in the snow. On the ground there was the faint sight of metal-paved roads. He hoped that if he wandered to some side along the obscure pathway he would find some guardsman, someone who could lead him to the nearest base. His vox wasn't working and had a huge crack upon its surface probably from the ride but somehow his weaponry was still in its sheath.

He could taste the blood pouring down from his bleeding nose and he was sure that both his shoulders were displaced. He did his best to keep his arm on the chain knife in case he needed to flash it out and half walking, half stumbling he followed the path shouldering the wall with only her name on his mind.......

Last edited by RoleplayKutu; 10-09-13 at 07:55 PM.
RoleplayKutu is offline  
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-09-13, 06:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Deus Mortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition
Posts: 2,071
Reputation: 37
Default

Juliette’s fingers tapped repetitively on the pump of her shotgun. The hail was battering the ceiling like a drum, but Juliette didn’t even hear it. Her mind was too focused on the jobs at hand. Many of the passageways had been unblocked by the worker teams that Juliette had devised and most of the civilians were free. But still no one had come to them. No a single damn one of the soldiers she knew had come to their aid. *What is taking them so long?* Juliette shut that door in her mind. To go down that route would lead her to questioning if there was anyone who could help. She would start to question if they were already over run. If the despaired, there would be no one to hold this rabble together. She had to hold it together. Still the tapping of her fingers continued as her eyes blankly surveyed the hoard of civilians.

“Ma’am?” A voice snapped her out of her self-evasion. She looked at him. He was a teenager, his body still undergoing stress from its metamorphosis.
“What?!” she snapped at him and they both grimaced at the harshness of her tone. She sighed, trying to vent and unwind her straining nerves. “What?” she repeated, so soft she almost purred it. That wasn’t intentional, but it was better than biting the youth’s head off.
“We found some material when freeing some of the others.” Juliette cocked her eyebrow, signalling for the boy to continue. “A two flamers, ten lasguns and an autocannon.” Juliette smiled. If anything came for them, at least they would have more than her shotgun to defend them, even if those weapons were in the hands of untrained civilians.

As the winds of fate changed, Juliette heard the voice of Father Gale over the armoury’s vox. "And The Emperor has laid down his protection upon us people of Geminar! It was he who summoned the wrath of the storms to protect us in our time of need and slay the heretics, the mutants, and the wretched xenos who would take this planet we call home from him and his glory!” Whilst Juliette was never one for particular displays of piety, someone being in command was something she did relish. And the words he spoke, for all of their religious jargon, lifted Juliette’s spirits. “Rally onto the Vehicle bay his children and be blessed with salvation from the cold and from the ice, Rally onto the vehicle bay in his name!" Well, for there to be anyone worth rallying to, others must be alive. That in itself was good news.

A chorus rose from the masses. They knew they were saved. Juliette was not so certain. All it meant was that they weren’t doomed, but they were still far away from being saved.
"Now hear my words children of the Emperor! For they are the words the emperor wishes you all to hear! The Xenos have fled!” Another chorus of cheers, and this time Juliette added hers to theirs. If nothing else, they had a reprieve. However, as the Father spoke more words, another sound resounded through the armoury, one that made the taste of joy turn sour in Juliette’s mouth. It was the sound of screaming. “Oh, come on!” Juliette roared to herself as she made her way to docking bay D12.

“Holy throne…” Juliette said. The magnetic door to docking bay D12 was locked shut, but the window told Juliette everything she would know. A 24ft long skate had burst through and was about to make a meal out of the civilians that were bolting for the door.
“Blessed be the emperor and his divine wrath that he brought down upon the xeno filth. All available troopers are to report to the armory, for your sister needs you children of the emperor!”
“Damn fucking straight she does! Get your asses here right now” Juliette shouted down the vox. “Where is the boy with the material?!”
“Here ma’am.”
“Bring it to me.”
“How much?”
“All of it, Emperor damn it!” she spat at the youth, no longer caring whether he baulked at her tone.

“She has found our brothers and sisters safe and sound within its hollowed walls!” Juliette laughed at the words. They weren’t safe here. “Get those doors open!” someone yelled.
“No.” came a harsh reply. Everyone looked at the one who spoke it with disgust. The only one with any military training made the most difficult call no one else here could have.
“No? What do you mean no? They will die in there if we don’t open it.
“If you open that door we will all die, do you understand?!” The screams got louder and the first of them began hammering on the door.
“We can’t let them die!” Juliette snarled as the weapons were brought to her.
“I wasn’t about to. Everyone, grab a weapon. I want that autocannon set up five minutes ago!” The sound of screaming and hammering was getting louder.

“Open those doors now!” The group around the door opened it and panicked civilians poured in. “To the left! Out of the way you dense fucks!” Juliette roared as her and the men she had handed guns to open fired on the skate. It was moments away from the door as las-shots, shotgun shells and torrents of flame struck and scorched it. It reeled back under fire, away from the flames and bullets and lasers. “Now!” Juliette shouted. The autocannon opened fire down the hallway as the last of the civilians fled single file down the left of the corridor, unscathed by the fist sixed bullets which found their mark in the massive skate. “Cease fire! Cease fire!” Juliette called out over the roar of the gun. The skate was dead in the hall, its body torn apart by the heavy fire of the autocannon. Everyone was silent for a moment. “Everyone alright?” Juliette cautiously asked. There was a murmur. “Three dead when the skate first appeared. Two more who fell behind.” Juliette nodded. Unavoidable, but she doubted many would see it that way. But she was not answerable to them. She did what was best. For a third time she spoke into the vox “This is trooper Juliette in the armoury. We have a possible skate breach. Requesting all available assistance.” She sighed. “Close that damn door.” She barked. Other soldiers were surely on their way. They should arrive before anything else had a chance to go wrong…

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
Deus Mortis is offline  
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-11-13, 06:15 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 70
Reputation: 1
Default

Boris sat in his Sentinel, braving the ice storm for what seemed like eternity, praying to the God Emperor that he would survive this. As the storm died down, Boris heard something through the vox. It was Father Gale! Though Boris could not hear him clearly, the fact that there was still someone out there leading the planet's defense force. He once again took control of the Sentinel when he suddenly noticed something on his view port. A skate! Boris attempted to reach for his shotgun, but the skate managed to jump on the Sentinel and sent it's tail at Boris' head, piercing the Sentinel's armor. The tail narrowly missed him as Boris had moved his head to the side. Yanking on the skate's tail, the creature pulled away and fled from him, learning it's lesson.

Boris couldn't believe it. The skates chose the most inopportune time to attack, that was for sure. The machine spirit of the vehicle pointed out a rally point to Boris, the docking bay of the armoury where a collapsed beam caused a long list of problems. He moved the Sentinel with some difficulty due to the damage it took from the monsters and the storm. The Sentinel stumbled around as Boris attempted to keep it stabilized, nearly collapsing when the Sentinel almost lost it's footing.

After a bit of pain and frustration making his way to the destination, Boris finally reached the armoury which was in complete disarray. He manage to catch sight of a group of Sentinels moving towards it. Boris decided to follow them into the armoury, they probably knew where the others needed help. Stepping into the docking bay D12 with the Sentinels and a platoon of guardsmen, Boris spoke into his vox to anyone inside.

"This is Boris Kavrov of the 3rd Geminar Armoured Company. Where do you need me?"
Cleanser is offline  
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-11-13, 08:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Farseer Ulthris's Avatar
Farseer Ulthris's Flag is: Great Britain
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 393
Reputation: 8
Default

"And The Emperor has laid down his protection upon us people of Geminar! It was he who summoned the wrath of the storms to protect us in our time of need and slay the heretics, the mutants, and the wretched xenos who would take this planet we call home from him and his glory! Rally onto the Vehicle bay his children and be blessed with salvation from the cold and from the ice, Rally onto the vehicle bay In his name! Now hear my words children of the emperor, For they are the words the Emperor wishes you all to hear! the Xenos have fled! they have turned tail and run back to the depths from which they have came in their misguided and misjudged attempt to take us in one fell swoop. Blessed be the emperor and his divine wrath that he brought down upon the xeno filth. All available troopers are to report to the armoury, for your sister needs you children of the emperor! She has found our brothers and sisters safe and sound within it's hollowed walls! Go now and make haste! In the emperor's name protect us and guide us to victory my fellow children! In the Emperor's name he protects and in the Emperor's name he destroys! May the emperor grant our fallen Governor eternal peace at his side for his valiant sacrifice in his name; and let that sacrifice never be forgotten!"

Though he was never one for the Imperial creed, Joric could not deny that the old Priest's word provided a sense of security and relief in the heart of this mess. He looked around at the other troopers with him in the wreck. All but one were quite young; he reckoned that they were at least 17.

"I don't know about you guys, but old Father Gale's speech was actually quite rousing."

The boys, clearly frightened, simply nodded, or were simply trembling from the fear that coursed through them. The older trooper, who was probably in his 30s, responded.

"I concur, all it takes is the word of him on Earth to stir the hearts of the faithful."

Joric cringed slightly, the thought of dealing with an Emperor basher at this moment in time was rather inconvenient. This all changed when he noticed a glint in the older trooper's azure eyes, assuring him that it was merely an act to calm the younger ones in their group.

"What is your name? I may know your face but who you are is unknown to me."

The man chuckled.

"'Names Einarth, Einarth Hrornov...yours?"

"Joric Talund, but just all me Joric or Jor if you wish. How about the rest of you?"

The younger PDFs responded: Meryn, Vladek, Antii and Jussi were what came out from their mouths and began to suggest tearing apart the barricades to break free. Before the blonde could respond, the rain of ice grew intensity prompting the younger troopers to fall to the floor with hands on their ears. The wrecked hull of the transport sounded unable to withstand the frozen torrent. Then, to make matters worse, something started to bang against the transport. The troopers began to murmur with panic, each giving voice to the fears that lurked in Joric's mind. It could have been more of those creatures, or very opportunistic skates looking for a tinned meal. Lasgun readied, he was prepared to face a death, better a quick on from the skates than slowly bleeding to death from impaled ice. Then something began to feel unusual, Meryn spoke.

"Errr Joric...I think the ice is moving."

"Or maybe we are."

He replied; in response a voice blared through their vox packs. It was a Sentinel pilot, ordered to retrieve the improvised shelters and drag them back to the vehicle bay. Chuckling with joy and relief with his fellow troopers, Joric spoke into his vox caster.

"Copy that! Thank the Emperor you've come!!"

When the sky falls down, The Dead sleep no more. Can you survive as your world slowly tears itself apart?

"When life gives you lemons...BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD"
Farseer Ulthris is offline  
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-11-13, 09:50 PM
Junior Member
Gavoon's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 20
Reputation: 1
Default

Gordons feet pounded against the snow, his legs screaming in protest as he pushed himself harder and harder - the beast was behind him, he knew it - he wanted to turn and fight, but he was only a man - and a single man could not take down a beast such as this, even with the hallowed lasrifle he held in his hands. Suddenly, Gordon could make out lights, not large lights, but noticeable, he recognized it - it was the Blizzard lights that every soldier had on them. The lights were bouncing up and down, as if motioning downwards - aiming in his direction. It came to him at the same moment that he dived forward, they were motioning him to get down. Lasrifle fire flew over his head, impacting something behind him and receiving a roar in response. Gordon turned over, firing at the beast that had followed him - it was the wounded one, limping from a nearly removed leg, but still fast enough to keep up with him as he sprinted with all he had - and it was probably ten feet away from him.

So Gordon held down the trigger, the combined fire smashing into godforsaken beast as it attempted to catch up with him, and most likely remove him limb from limb. The beast fell forward onto its face, Gordon didn't care, he continued to fire in his laying position, sending lasrifle fire into its body until’ his gun clicked empty. It was reloaded quickly, before he pushed himself onto his feet, just as two men passed by him, shortly followed by a third., aiming at the beast they had brought down. Gordon followed, staying a safe distance behind the front two soldiers, and standing next to the third. The two troopers in the front reached the corpse, firing a shot into its head for good measure. The corpse twitched, and Gordon yelled a warning, before his face broke in shock as the trooper on the left had his leg removed from his body by one swift swing. Blood splattered onto Gordons face, barely missing his eyes. The resulting scream of pain was horrifying, but Gordon fired into the beast, the lasfire slamming into its eye, the third soldier joined his barrage.

Another claw bisected the right soldier on the sagittal plane, before the claw dropped to the ground, the beast apparently dead. It didn't matter, the damn beast didn't stay down before, and he wouldn't take the chance again. He finally ended his fire when his gun clicked empty, promptly shoving another clip in. The man with his leg cut of had stopped screaming, and Gordon couldn't help but wince as yet another loyal soldier of the Emperor died. Gordon stepped carefully to the man on the left - noticing faintly that the man was cut cleanly, showing both sides of his internal body. Gordon couldn't help but feel a bit sick, but he was using his ammo to damn quickly, and grabbed the poor mans bandolier of ammunition before stepping back, pulling off his helmet as he did so, just in time as vomit flew from his mouth.

Gordon held onto his knees, sick from a mixture of the running, intense fighting, and death he had seen. It stopped as quickly as it had came, he dry heaved a few times, before pushing himself off, he had to keep moving, he had to kill as many of these frakkers as he could.

Abruptly, Gordon’s Vox caster activated.


"And The Emperor has laid down his protection upon us people of Geminar! It was he who summoned the wrath of the storms to protect us in our time of need and slay the heretics, the mutants, and the wretched xenos who would take this planet we call home from him and his glory! Rally onto the Vehicle bay his children and be blessed with salvation from the cold and from the ice, Rally onto the vehicle bay In his name!" for many the call of gale was a welcome one. "Now hear my words children of the emperor, For they are the words the emperor wishes you all to hear! the Xenos have fled! they have turned tail and run back to the depths from which they have came in their misguided and misjudged attempt to take us in one fell swoop. Blessed be the emperor and his divine wrath that he brought down upon the xeno filth. All available troopers are to report to the armory, For your sister needs you children of the emperor! She has found our brothers and sisters safe and sound within its hallowed walls! Go now and make haste! In the emperor's name protect us and guide us to victory my fellow children! In the emperor's name he protects and in the Emperor's name he destroys! May the emperor grant our fallen Governor eternal peace at his side for his valiant sacrifice in his name; And let that sacrifice never be forgotten!"


Gordon couldn't help but smile, the words of Father gale bringing a smile to his face, his previous disgust and sickness disappearing entirely. “To the armory?” the surviving trooper asked. Gordon nodded “Aye.” Gordon turns and jobs back towards the vehicle bay, spitting on the corpse of the beast as he passes, despite his earlier thoughts, Hales actually had a plan, and had not simply ran away, it made him happy to know that they could kill the beasts, over sized or not.

“This is trooper Juliette in the armory. We have a possible skate breach. Requesting all available assistance.”

Gordon hit his vox caster on, responding quickly,“on our way M’am.” It was always good to be respectful he absentmindedly noted.

The doors of the vehicle bay where being swarmed, Gordon absentmindedly noted, Guardsmen attempted to keep order, but it seemed to be barely under control. Gordon and the other trooper pushed through the civilians, making to the armory. Men and women cried, some trying to stop Gordon, but he kept going - no matter how much he wanted to help these people, the safety of all came first.

Gordon pushed past a persistent civilian, trying to find the armory. all of a sudden, Auto gunfire came from his left - ah, that must be it. He pushed through the crowd, following the loud sound. He finally shoved through the last civilian and into the armory, the sight could be described in one word - pandemonium. Civilians crowded in corners while a female trooper -probably Julliete - yelled orders, some civilians held guns - terrified, and the target of the autogun lay dead, a twenty four foot long skate, riddled with bullet holes.

Civilians glanced at him with wide eyes, and Gordon himself glanced down to see what they were staring at. Oh, he was covered in blood from the two soldiers, he reached up to his face and rubbed off the cold blood - he had forgot to do that, before making his way to the female trooper. He glanced back, yup, the other trooper was still following, he was coated with a light layer of blood as well.
Gavoon is offline  
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-12-13, 02:46 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
DasOmen's Avatar
DasOmen's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 812
Reputation: 2
Default

Safety and sanctuary, gale hadn't lied. safety was indeed found in the vehicle bay and the armory. as the events unfold dozens of civilians are herded under the makeshift walkway and into the vehicle bay lifts to be lowered down into the rest of the complex and to their homes. after several hours the storm seems to break and the lights finally revert to blue, and then finally white signaling an all clear. the ice storm had moved off into the distance and left the base in proverbial ruins, but it had survived. techpriests, servitors, even simple miners now rushing into the open from varous buildings to repair the damage done to the base... but no amount of repair could undo the damage to the governor's tower.

"Thank you children of the emperor" came a voice over the vox "Thank you for your service, your bravery, and your honor. when all who are in need of rescue have been rescued, please return to the vehicle bay doors. We must make preparations for the coming assaults from the xenos. " the voice was farther gale again, and he spoke true; they needed a plan of action so they could hold out, so there was still someone left to save by the time the rest of the imperium came to their aid.


================================================== ========================
All of you Save for the sentinel pilot
.: Now that all of you are at the amory (or will be come this update) Please select a wargear upgrade form the following list and either replace it or add it to your character chart. this is first come first serve for some so please discuss in the OOC thread.

LasLock Revolver (cold weather pattern): Pumping all of the energy of an entire battery into a single shot. the laslock revolver is substantially more powerful than standard las pistols. unfortunately it hasn't caught on in the larger scope of things in the imperium despite being produced in fair numbers. Some dont like it because it only has 6 shots, others have something against it because it's twice as heavy and bulky as a standard las pistol, and some just dont like the cartridges that act as the pistol's batteries. for whatever reason this gem of Imperial ingenuity packs a punch.

Twin linked Las carbine(cold weather): there's a clear reason why these things aren't normally chosen by guardsmen. ammo consumption. the twin linked carbine is easily capable of dwarfing the fire rate of a standard las rifle, but it can still only hold just as many shots. great for when you need to put a lot of rounds down range in a hurry, not so great for prolonged engagements.

Blessed Stub gun(cold weather): with the choice between stub guns and lasguns, most people go with las guns for the ease of coming by more ammo. just plug it in, and you're good to go after a bit. But these stub guns are a little more potent than their common brethren. This blessed stub gun sports a set of purity seals as well as an inscription "The emperor protects, but more ammo never hurts". when pitted against other stub guns, the blessed stub gun somehow always outperforms them.

Heavy shotgun Bulwark pattern: Bulwark is one forge world that has a nasty habit of producing some of the ugliest guns the imperium ever created. and the heavy shotgun from them is no acceptation. it's a gun only a veteran could love. two sets of double barrels sitting on top of each other with a shaft connecting to each barrel for more ammo. bulwarks are known for two things, ammo capacity, and how damn ugly they are. The bulwark has the ability to store upwards of 24 rounds in total, six shots stored in each shaft alongside the barrels. on the outside this seems like a good idea, lots of ammo for a shotgun, but here's the kicker, it can only fire all four barrels at once, hence why it's not normally chosen, most troopers dont want to deal with the kickback.

Canister Pistol: the biggest beafiest pistol in the armory is the canister pistol. single shot of pain, doom, and destruction. anything hit by this is going to have a bad day. Designed to hunt large scates of 24 feet plus, this thing is a proverbial hand cannon. it doesnt shoot las rounds or stub rounds, instead it fires off cilindrical canisters of varrying kinds. the favored however is the good old frag rounds. nothing says pain like an air burst of shrapnel.

Chain Shovel: Sometimes regular shovels just dont cut it. in those cases most people on geminar go for the power shovels. quick, easy, and they have the bonus of having a power field. Then there's some people that go for the chain shovels. it has the iconic roar of a chain weapon and none of the cleanness of the power shovels. some people just like it messy.

Flamer: there's a perfectly good reason this isn't normal taken out of the armory. it melts snow, melted snow refreezes rather quickly on geminar. other than that it's your standard flamer.

Joric Talund : your transport gets dragged into docking bay D12 behind the other sentinels. as the pilot bids farewell you and your lot are finally free of the storm in earnest. though as you lot exit the transport you hear a thump to your side. turning you see a white cap who had been with you. the boy had fallen flat on his ass as he looks in terror to the large dead skate in the hanger. the thing was literately right next to the transport's exit so he'd gotten out, turned, and stared the front of the skate straight in it's remaining eye before stumbling back and falling. in true PDF form though he had his weapon up and ready to fire, and you could see him squeeze the trigger but nothing came from the weapon, he was empty. your group moves to help clear out the emergency repair stations for vehicles, carrying out debris and fallen over crates of gear. a little later you hear the thunderous stomp of several sentinels as they rush another towards the bay you've just cleared. the sentinel is bellowing out smoke and even you can see the hatch had been dented by the ice to the point it couldn't be opened from inside.

Anthony Lecutis:

Oliver Døvig: as you make your way along the wall, a large chunk of ice impacts it just ahead of you knocking you back with the blast of shrapnel. as you lay there you can hear something all too familiar from behind you. skates, young ones swimming through the snow. they swarm towards you and though you find yourself trying to get up and get away from them, the snow keeps you trapped in it's thick powder. the ray like creatures swarm over your body, one even stopping to look you in the eyes as it opens it's maw and preps it's tail, but it suddenly stops, turning to look behind it and then leaps off of you and into the snow, the lot of them swimming away. looking towards what scared the skates away you aren't sure if you're hallucinating. a priest with a psycker comes walking up towards you. you can see the heavy impacts of child sized chunks of ice hitting something that you cant quite see as the psyker simply bats them out of the air or just catching them with his mind and tossing them aside. "is this our fallen child that you sensed Yuri?" the priest would ask, the psyker merely nodded as you feel an unseen force lift your body from the snow and the ground, levitating you in the air enough for you to right yourself. "come child" the priest would state with a warm smile "come to the armory, your brothers and sisters need you" with that you're lead to the armory where a medic quickly rushes to your side to check you over.

Boris Kavrov: you enter in through the D12 docking bay just as the heavy weapon ceases fire. of the sentinels yours is the first one in the bay, though it seems to want to topple over from the battle damage. somehow you keep it upright and stable, the machine spirit warning you of countless parts about to catastrophically fail. the red warning lights are flashing, that little siren is blaring and crying, and generally it feels as if the sentinel is on it's last legs so to speak. other sentinels come by you on either flank, the lot of them seem worse for ware, some even start smoking and bellowing out plumes of smoke and sparks. you press on with your sentinel, moving deeper into the armory and stepping around the massive skate that was just slain. you and the other sentinels restore some amount of functionality to the armory by lifting up debris and generally making new doors with your drills so trapped civilians can escape. it's when you're drilling through a magnetically sealed door to free some people that your sentinel's cockpit area erupts in a plume of foul smelling smoke. though you press though it, eventually freeing the civilians. leaning back in your seat smoke stings your eyes and it starts to hurt to breath. try as you may you cant get the emergency hatch open. sensing your plight two sentinels with their power lifters still intact move to you and drag your sentinel over to the emergency repair lift. as you feel the sentinel being locked into place you hear the emergency hatch being torn off letting the suffocating smoke bellow out and escape. a large mechanical arm reaches in through the opening and drags you out of the sentinel. finaly you can breath good clean air! well as clean as it's going to get with your sentinel bellowing out smoke like it is, but at least you can breath. the man who pulled you free is Techpriest Vladimir, one of the elder techpriests that tend to the sentinels. he doesn't say anything but he beckons to several servitors who come to start mending your sentinel. knowing the fighting is only going to get worse you spy several heavy weapons sitting on the wall of the repair bay and you beckon to vladimir, instructing him to install one of the weapons on the sentinel.

(choose one from this list)
Las Cannon: Standard issue Sentinel Las Cannon adapted for cold weather.

Milti Laser: Standard cold weather multi laser for Sentinels or armored vehicles.

Heavy Bolter: Cold weather heavy bolter for sentinels

Twin heavy stubber Auto turrets: These aren't exactly favored by sentinel pilots. Using the same sort of machine spirits that other auto turrets do in the imperium, these things are mounted just where other ranged weapons are on the sentinel, on the chin. sure it lets the sentinel engage multiple targets at once, giving some good covering fire if need be, but many people still have a stigma against stub guns. the good thing is, these things come with their own ammo forge, just pile in scrap into the intake and out comes more ammo for the guns.

Jewels: you turn around as you hear the massive docking doors to D12 open just as you had the civilians start to close the doors. looking on as the civilians stop even without you having to tell them to, they look on in awe as several sentinels step inside. the one in front looks beat to hell and back. the battle scars of tyranids leaping at it's view port to try and kill the pilot seemed to be a badge of honor on it as well as the dents and gashes it's suffered from the storm. other sentinels march on in but dont seem to have faired as well. some have their arms ripped off, causing showers of sparks. others seem to explode into smoke prompting the sentinel pilots to open the hatch and drive as they stand up in the sentinels. turning round once more you go about ordering the sentinels to where they need to go. the lot of them seem rather polite to you, reconizing as you asserted yourself that you're someone they now look to as "in charge".

Gordon: you follow some of the sentinels as they move to helo "open" some of the magnetic doors that didnt want to open. the first few open fine and good after some debris was moved and the sentinels drilled their way through, the trooper with you moving to help some of the civilians find their way to the pathway to the vehicle bay so they could go down inside the complex to safety. things seem to go rather well for the most part. debris is cleared, doors are opened, civilians pointed in the direction of the vehicle bay lift and so on so forth... that is until one of the sentinels bends down to drill into the door after it's just been cleared. you hear a loud boom and then feel a shockwave smack into your chest. looking back and up you see the sentinel bellowing out smoke though the pilot presses on to open the door despite being smothered in some of the blackest smoke that you've ever seen. the civilians are whisked away from the sentinel as most troopers in the area begin to fear it will fall, some even calling out a timber warning. as an area around the smoking sentinel opens up you see two other sentinels rush up to it as if charging into an enemy hoard before lifting it and dragging it towards the emergency repair bays.

Never Give Up, Never Surrender. for it is better to burn out than fade away.

Last edited by DasOmen; 10-12-13 at 02:51 AM.
DasOmen is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome