It is the Sengoku Jidai, the Age of the Country at War. Across the land of Nippon mighty warriors called Samurai clash back and forth for control of the most powerful seat in the kingdom: the title of Shogun. The rulers of these might clans follow the teachings of the Jōei Code, the social rules that govern the economy and the flow of power between the Emperor and the Shogunate. They lived a violent, and often short, lifespan and train themselves to master the Way of the Warrior; Bushido. These Samurai are born into a time where war and violence govern most aspects of life and whose skills define the distance one may rise within the society. Their mighty Armies clash across the island, laying waste to village and city alike, killing thousands in their bid for power.
But now that order has changed, and new men have risen to challenge the order of their time. Men once considered commoners now rise from the ashes and become valiant warriors of their own. No longer does one have to be Samurai to carry a Katana; the symbol of the Warrior. Deep in this conflict is you, the stranger from an outside village that is simply on his way to whatever objective he has to reach. You come into this deepening tale as you walk into the village of Ono, a small village outside of Ichijodani in the central Echizen Province. Let the Adventure Begin!
So this RPG is a team based storyline that will follow the adventures of you; the characters within the story. The decision you make, the actions you take, the words you speak can alter the story in many different ways. Do not forget that for every action you take here a reaction will occur, and sometimes it will be very ugly. You are a stranger in this land, a roaming person from another village in a far away province. For you the decision lies in how you build your character. The background, weapons, fighting style, appearance, and much more will define who and what you become to think carefully when selecting what you want. There will be no changes once the game begins; so pick wisely.
Below are the simple rules I expect you to follow….
- No God Modding
- I am the GM, all decision are final and I ask you to respect that.
- At least a paragraph (10 sentences) long for each update you write.
- Update at least once per week. If you miss 4 updates (2 weeks) then your character may die in the story. Touch base with me if you cannot make it.
- Respect your fellow Players
- At least 2 posts when your fighting unless I state otherwise
- Follow the Character sheet
- Have fun, enjoy the story
Notes:Finally is the Character Sheet you will need to fill out. You may choose 2 weapons and 2 skills that you create. These skills have to be reasonable, such as Two-Sword style or perhaps a Martial Discipline. Unreasonable skills will be reset by me and you will lose the chance for customization so please choose wisely. I am looking for 10 players, and will start once I’ve reached 5-6. Message me if you have any more question; Good Luck
Name: Obviously give them a name
Age: How Old are you?
Clan Affiliation: (Which Clan do you hail from, do some research and give a name)
Physical Appearance: What do you look like, what features define your body? Also what does your armor and weapons look like; any special markings?
Personality: what are you like, how do you interact, who do you like, dislike?
History: What’s your Background, where did you come from, what are you doing now, where will you go next?
Weapons: What weapons do you carry? Pick at least 1 from List Below
Skills: What special skills to you possess? Fighting Style, Cooking, Tactical, Business, e.t.c.
- Single Katana (Normal Samurai sword)
- Single Wakizashi (Smaller, faster version of the Katana)
- Single Tanto (Dagger)
- Daisho (One Katana, One Wakizashi; Only for Samurai/Ronin players)
- Yari (Spear)
- Naginata (Spear with short Katana Blade on Attacking end; Only for Samurai/Ronin players)
- Bo (Wooden Staff)
- Janbo (Wooden Staff with Hidden Blade inside; Only for Ronin/Ninja players)
- Kanabo (War Club; Only for Samurai players)
- Kusarigama (Cahin0-Sickle; Only for Ninja players)
- Yumi (Bow)
- Tanegashima (Matchlock Rifle)
- Singamshi (Throwing Stars; Only for Ninja players)
- Blow Darts (Samurai Cannot Use)
1: Yaganimoto Gonnosuke (RoleplayKutu)
2: Hiroshi (Cleanser)
3: Daichi (Therizza)
4: Ashikai Miyamoto (Space Tank)