[Action] Tales of the Eighth Legion. (Action Thread.) - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 173 (permalink) Old 10-01-13, 07:15 PM
Banned

Romero's Own's Flag is: Scotland

By the time Var reached the ship’s hangers, his breathing was calm, his mind focussed once more. He didn’t feel pain, he hadn’t known he could feel pain, but they had found a chink in his armour. Var did not doubt that even now they were plotting against him, seeking ways to humiliate and break him. But Var was machine, and machine was him. And he would rather die than be brought to his knees for some arrogant creatures he was to call “Battle-Brothers”.

Var moved towards the “Revenant”, the Thunderhawk craft that was to bear the First Claw into battle once more, like it had a thousand times. As Var approached, he could see the Tech-Adepts and Servitors moving around the ship, refuelling the machine, checking its armour, ensuring it was ready.

But Var saw another “Revenant”, the original “Revenant”, the one that Var had first connected with, the one he had repaired by hand until he could repair it no more. When it had been blown from the sky so many years ago, Var had been the first to join a rescue mission, but the only Astartes that day that did not care whether the craft’s inhabitants, he only cared whether the proud, powerful, beautiful ship was salvageable. And when the Chapter mourned for its losses, Var was the only amongst them who remembered the “Revenant”, the only one who cared.

“How shall we arm the “Revenant” Honoured Techmarine?”

The voice of a fellow Techmarine shattered Var’s memory, and as he turned he felt anger begin to rise within him.

“Prepare it for troop insertion. Turbo-Laser, Lascannons and Heavy Bolters. How damaged is the “Revenant”?”

“Minimum damage Honoured Techmarine, we have repaired the hull breach that was inflicted over Nostramo and replaced the wounded Co-Pilot”

Var simply nodded, moving away from the Techmarine towards where a Space Marine , clad in armour as crimson as his own, crouched beside the Thunderhawk, connecting a Heavy Bolter to fuselage.

The Thunderhawk’s Gunner turned as Var approached, and upon recognizing the First Claw’s Techmarine, brought his fist to his chest in salute.

Var spoke first, intent on ensuring that the craft was fully ready for its latest mission.

“Is the Thunderhawk armed and fully supplied?”

“Of course Honoured Techmarine. 2,400 Heavy Bolter rounds have already been loaded.”

“May you shoot straight and your weapons find their targets”

The Gunner saluted once more, this time making the “sign of the cog” as Var mirrored his actions before moving towards the Thunderhawk itself.

Var dropped down onto one knee beside the “Revenant” hull and reached out his hand, pressing his palm against the craft, as his eyes closed and he awoke the Thunderhawk’s Machine Spirit from it’s slumber.

The Machine Spirit spoke within his mind, its voice low and steely.

“You have awoken me. Do we fly to war once more?”

“We do Honoured Thunderhawk, are you ready to fly once more?”

“I am ready. I have been waiting for this moment, to fly above the battle and hunt those crafts of other Legions that think themselves my equal. They will not see me; I will strike like a bird of prey.”

“Soon Honoured Thunderhawk, soon you will fly once more.”

Var pulled away his hand even as he felt the Machine Spirit come to life within the craft. Turning away, satisfied that the “Revenant” was ready, his mind drifted back to those he had left upon the bridge.

Each member of the First Claw had a reason to hate Var, every one of them would leap at the opportunity to strike him down. Var did not doubt that they were plotting against him even now. But they would not have him, not now. Var opened a closed channel and spoke quietly.

“It is time”

The Silent Lions Chapter

Winter Falls

Darkness

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 173 (permalink) Old 10-05-13, 06:48 PM

son of azurman's Flag is: Scotland

Fundae and Corvis wondered the steel corridors of the labyrinth before finally entering a large box like chamber. To their left side was a squad of roughly twenty four guardsmen backed up against a wall most of them cowering in fear or soiling themselves. On the right side was another opening that spat out eight ork prisoners all charging bare fisted into the group of human slaves. the fight erupted quickly and the two marines simply watched the amusing conflict as the pathetic excuse for fighting by the humans was beaten ddown by the raw fury of the orks.

Fundae drew his chain axe from hi back unable to resist anymore and took one step into the chamber but he was beaten to it. shots rang out through the confined spaces around them as Four ork heads were practically vaporized by bolts fired from an astartes pistol. Brother Raskreia emerged from the right hand entrance with bolt pistol, the honoured standard bearer left his banner elsewhere and instead bore very little equipment minus his battle plate. He continued to gun down the slaves and as if given a command Fundae leapt into the group and with one swing tore many of the humans in two. The three astartes quickly disposed of the cattle before regrouping in the centre of the room.

“ I assume the time is at hand, has the captain lost his patience? I will head to the embarkation deck once i retrieve my lost companion from Var, good luck finding Zhasal you’ll need it.”The banner carrier turned to face Fundae, even through his helmet the stare of loathing as undeniable.

"Hmm now there is a thought. But now I have to ask why you couldn't have had it earlier than now? You know save me the trouble of trying to find you scraps of First Claw and having the Captain himself order me down here to find you three but it comes to you only now? Maybe we should leave you down here for others to hunt if that is the extent of your own intelligence. Corvis however I would have thought you knew better than to keep the Captain waiting Young Blood is seeming more and more fit for you. Fundae there is no one around Var at the time besides his own kind so please do not think about doing anything rash as his fate has been decided. As for Zhasal we shall find him before heading towards the embarkation deck, and it shall be done within the hour as that is Xandrek's will."

The Veteran marched down the corridor with great haste as Fundae caled after him.
"You take me for a fool Nostraman, We have been down here in search of Zhasal for he is not easily hunted himself."
it was clear he was not listening but Ignescunt couldnt care less, He charged towards the exit and out of the Laberinth.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The armoury was overflowing with servitors and it did not take long for Fundae to find the techmarine.

"oi Bright eyes, where in the progenitor's name is my Flamer!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
If an immovable object is struck by an unstoppable force, how many potatoes will fit in the jelly mould?
Renegades 9:flesh is weak
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=122389

Eldrad Ulthran:
"He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it."

inquisitor czevak:
"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."

Last edited by son of azurman; 11-04-13 at 08:29 PM.
post #33 of 173 (permalink) Old 10-11-13, 03:10 PM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Veptus listened to Raskreia’s and Azrael’s words on Var. The half machine whoreson was problematic to be sure and traitorous without a doubt. He was certain the both of them felt he was being uncharacteristically kind towards the techmarine. In truth it wasn’t being kind, it was manipulation. The Night Haunter had taught them that foes should be scared to rebel. Fear should grip their hearts. Their limbs should freeze at the thought of rebellion or taking arms against their masters. Astartes, even those as inhuman Var, could be forced into compliance. They did not feel fear, but they were mortal and could feel dread. Veptus knew that more than most. To Veptus, the effort to force Var into compliance was worth it, for the techmarine was almost as skill at his craft as Veptus was at his.

However, given Xandrek’s next words, Veptus wagered that he would have to get use to a new techmarine. A shame, but necessary he supposed. “Your suggestions are noted my Brothers and once we have finished on Isstvan we shall deal with Var’s insubordination once and for all, For now I want the three of you to keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn’t get up to any ‘mischief’ until he has been dealt with.” Xandrek shifted his weight before he next spoke. Veptus watched the mortals. None of them spoke, either because they dared not to or because they wanted to hear the conversations of demi-gods. His steely gaze hovered over each of the mortals before Xandrek’s voice snapped his attention back to the dais.

“Veptus…” Veptus nodded, ready to serve “…We are sure to sustain casualties at Isstvan, not only to Fourth but the entire legion. Make sure all Apocatheries on-board have been briefed to gather the gene-seed of any fallen Night Lords along with destruction of Salamander, Raven Guard and Iron Hand gene-seed which you can get your hands on. The three of you are dismissed.”
“As you say my lord.” All three of them bowed to their lord before turning to leave, each of them having duties to attend to before the impending battle. As they left, Veptus caught Xandrek speak again. “You there, get me a channel to First Captain Sevatar. I want to speak with the ‘Prince of Crows’.”
“Now what do you suppose that is about?” Veptus whispered both to the two marine’s to his side and to himself.

As arguable the three most exalted members of the First Claw walked through the cold metal corridors, Veptus was once again struck by the vast emptiness of the ship which the called home. He very rarely left the Apocatherion for reasons other than to speak with Xandrek. Most other came to him, and he was well known to take his rests on one of the operating tables of the Apocatherion. There were always people, living or dead, in the Apocatherion to keep him company, even when all the other Apothecaries tended to other duties. It was a finite space that he knew every inch of and had arguably shaped to his liking. By comparison, the rest of the ship was bland and, in preparation for battle, mostly vacant except for the scant few mortal scurrying about. Sometimes, Veptus forgot there was a ship outside of his dominion.

"Well that was interesting hearing that Xandrek wanted to talk to First Captain Jago.” Raskreia spoke. “But why send me down to fetch the others like a grox hound? If the Captain sent either of you they would listen without compunction as they know they are no match for you Azreal even with numbers you would most likely still walk away from the fight a bit battered but still whole while they would fear what you would do to them while on your table Veptus and would follow…” Veptus couldn’t help but smile at the reputation of his work. Their father would be proud that word of his ‘retribution’ caused even Astartes to reconsider their actions. Such a thought never failed to make Veptus proud.

Veptus continued to wear a proud smirk as Raskreia continued. “…Sending me seems a bit more diplomatic but more troublesome as well, at least for me. Though that may be why Captain is sending me instead as I would simply play upon the fear they hold of him and get them moving whereas you, Azreal, might be tempted to just cut a hand off or two especially from Zhasal. While you, Veptus, would merely torture the poor fools when they next rest upon your "tender mercies" we all know about. Though talking about it out loud seems to have brought me to a conclusion and I apologize for talking your ears off again."
“I myself find talking out loud to my patients helps me reach conclusions. However, there is an option that you haven’t considered.” Veptus added. Raskreia turned his head to look at Veptus, begging the question of what he had missed. “They might simply be more afraid of you lecturing them for so long that they miss the battle of Isstvan, so would come without a word.” Veptus laughed a soft but honest laugh. Astartes humour was often stunted and awkward, and Veptus was certainly no comedian. However, he felt his joke had merit and so he chuckled, even if no one else did.

“On that note…” Veptus said as he stopped and turned his full body to face his brothers. “…I’m afraid I must leave you. Apothecaries to brief and all.” Veptus bowed his head slightly to both of the few Astartes he truly respected or called ‘brother’ with and sincerity. With that he turned and left the pair, swiftly making for his lair. He strolled boldly through the doors of the Apocatherion and was greeted with Xheng and the other members of the Apocatherion waiting at ease. He stopped and grinned his psychopath’s grin once again. “Brothers…” He hissed as they stood at attention. “…today, is a good day.” With a slow and controlled wave of his hand, they stood at ease again. Veptus looked over each of them. He was Chief Apothecary and was moulding them into his likeness. Jaekal could keep his baying hoard of faithfuls, this was the only company Veptus needed.

“As you well know, we will be on the surface of Isstvan very soon. We are about to betray our ‘cousins’ and strike fear into an Imperium that thinks itself safe. We shall prove that notion false.” The got him a few grins and smirks from this small cadre of sombre murderers. “You all know your duty to preserve the legion. However, we are given an extra duty by our captain today. We are to destroy the legacy of our cousins. Their gene-seed is forfeit to us, and we shall wrench it from the still living bodies and destroy it before their eyes.” Veptus’s fist was held in front of him and he closed his ceremite clad fingers in a memory of a deed he had done many times before.

Hardly to his surprise, the arrayed Apothecaries were more than happy with Xandrek’s ‘request’, if anything their lord said could be considered a request. They mumbled amongst themselves, anticipating the battle to come. “One final thing…” Veptus’s voice cut all conversations short. “…this is my request to you. Kill every apothecary. I don’t care who else you kill, but find our cousins and cut their hearts out. If of our cousins manage to escape, I want no one who can treat their wounds alive. If they don’t die on the sands of Isstvan, I want them to have a slow and painful death. I want them to feel every second of their miserable lives tick away knowing that there is no one to continue their legacy.”

There was a chorus of agreement. This was meant to be a decisive strike, but rarely in any theatre of was could total annihilation be achieved. Most likely to slip away were those of the Raven Guard, but when you were trying to cull a legion, there was always the possibility a few would slip through the net. He wasn’t going to make it a command for the other Apothecaries, but he would take himself a trophy. He wanted to capture an officer of the other legion, and see if he could turn him. That would be an achievement. Slaughter his brothers and then break him. Veptus’s lips contorted into a gleeful smile. “Brothers, we strike in midnight clad!” The Apocatherion was briefly filled with the noise of cheering. Veptus smiled. These warriors were his, and with them, he would destroy legions…

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.

post #34 of 173 (permalink) Old 10-27-13, 03:13 PM
Reaper of Souls

Santaire's Flag is: United Kingdom

Xandrek was sitting silently as we gave our opinions and suggestions. The Lord of Lies nodded his head slowly before speaking. “Your suggestions are noted my Brothers and once we have finished Isstvan we shall deal with Var’s insubordination once and for all. For now I want the three of you to keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn’t get up to any ‘mischief’ until he has been dealt with.”

He then shifted his attention to the mortals who worked at their stations, gazing at each and every one of them until he turned his gaze back to us. “Azrael, head to the embarkation decks and meet up with Jaekal to oversee the organization of each and every squad with the correct wargear load out to be fighting against brother Astartes. Raskreia, I want to know what is taking those idiots down inside of the Labyrinth so long so go down, find them and if you have to drag them back in hooked chains. I want First Claw fully assembled by the Revenant within the next hour.” Xandrek then turned to look at Veptus. “Veptus, We are sure to sustain casualties at Isstvan, not only to Fourth but the entire legions. Make sure all Apothecaries onboard have been briefed to gather the gene-seed of any fallen Night Lords along with destruction of Salamander, Raven Guard and Iron Hand gene-seed which you can get your hands on. The three of you are dismissed.”

As the door closed I heard Xandrek speak. “You there, get me a channel to First Captain Sevatar. I want to speak with the ‘Prince of Crows’.” I contemplated what business Xandrek had with the First Captain, but not for long; such concerns were Xandrek’s alone. Raskreia, Veptus and I walked side by side for a time. Raskreia broke the silence

"Well that was interesting hearing that Xandrek wanted to talk to First Captain Jago. But why send me down to fetch the others like a grox hound? If the Captain sent either of you they would listen without compunction as they know they are no match for you Azreal even with numbers you would most likely still walk away from the fight a bit battered but still whole while they would fear what you would do to them while on your table Veptus and would follow. Sending me seems a bit more diplomatic but more troublesome as well, at least for me. Though that may be why Captain is sending me instead as I would simply play upon the fear they hold of him and get them moving where as you, Azreal, might be tempted to just cut a hand off or two especially from Zhasal. While you, Veptus, would merely torture the poor fools when they next rest upon your "tender mercies" we all know about. Though talking about it out loud seems to have brought me to a conclusion and I apologize for talking your ears off again."

Veptus responded, talking about how Raskreia would lecture the marines he had been sent to find and that such a lecture was the reason Xandrek had sent him. I smiled and nodded to Veptus as the Corpse Master peeled off to head for what was jokingly and yet accurately called his dominium, the Apothecarium. I continued walking with Raskreia and again, he was the one to break the silence. We talked for a while until eventually he split off to head down to the Labyrinth to get Zhasal and the rest.

I stepped into the embarkation decks where Jaekal was preaching to the 4th, the 78th and the 127th companies. I strode forward, ignoring the chaplain. “Caerolion, take the 78th to the armoury. I want sergeants carrying power weapons, all bolters loaded with Kraken rounds and plasma guns in every squad. When we hit groundside we’ll be against astartes sergeant, I want the company ready for that. If they aren’t I’ll skin you myself and give you to the Corpse Master to play with.”

“Nikas, do the same for the 127th, I want those soldiers ready.”

Then I strode over to the 4th. “Squad leaders, get over here now,” I shouted.

They walked to me and most of them slammed their fists to their chests. One of them didn’t and I stared him down until he did. “Thank you Clamoribus.” The words were spoken slowly and with a great deal of threat hinted but not spoken out loud. “Now that we have that sorted,” I said brusquely, “we can get onto equipment. Take your squads to the armoury with the other two companies and get yourselves armed ready for Isstvan.”

I turned and opened a private link to Jaekal. “Yes, you were in the middle of a speech. No, I don’t care. Once I’ve ensured these soldiers will survive, then you can fill their heads and rot their brains with whatever you want.”

We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment - and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly.
— Flemeth

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
post #35 of 173 (permalink) Old 10-30-13, 01:21 AM

Therizza's Flag is: USA

In the middle of Jaekal's sermonizing, the blast door to the flight deck opened and forth came Azrael. In full battle dress the Company Champion was impressive to say the least. "Here Brothers, is the model for you all." Pointing to the Champion with his Crozius, the Chaplain continued. "Champion Azrael, have you any words of exhortation for the flock?"

The words echoed around the walls, though there was no response. Azrael continued issuing commands to individual squads, each departing smartly as he did. Jaekal thought to say something, though this was not the place. After the Nightlords had dispatched to the reconfigure their load-outs, Azrael opened a vox-link to Jaekal. "Yes, you were in the middle of a speech. No, I don’t care. Once I’ve ensured these soldiers will survive, then you can fill their heads and rot their brains with whatever you want.”

Jaekal grinned behind his helm. "But of course, Champion. My life is to serve the Warmaster's vision and by extension, Captain Xandrek's. If you are in need of spiritual aid before the battle, we can recite passages as we descend on Isstvan, if you wish." Not expecting a response, Jaekal began heading to board one of the vessels headed to the surface. "As for the men, survive or not, it matters little. The flesh is your responsibility, the souls are mine."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putch. View Post
All I can say is holy meltafuck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
a massive mess of incorrect information and patrotic [email protected]$%s wiggling.
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...81#post1273781
post #36 of 173 (permalink) Old 10-31-13, 05:14 PM

High_Seraph's Flag is: USA

Listening to Azreal's declaration that the Tech-Marine should be killed Raskreia was caught off-guard as he still had some uses for the Legion. Nodding his head slowly Xandrek said, “Your suggestions are noted my Brothers and once we have finished on Isstvan we shall deal with Var’s insubordination once and for all, For now I want the three of you to keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn’t get up to any ‘mischief’ until he has been dealt with.” Looking over the mortal crew who work on in silence Xandrek reaffixes the three Astartes with his gaze before adding, “Azrael, head to the embarkation decks and meet up with Jaekal to oversee the organization of each and every squad with the correct wargear load out to be fighting against brother Astartes. Raskreia, I want to know what is taking those idiots down inside of the Labyrinth so long so go down, find them and if you have to drag them back in hooked chains. I want First Claw fully assembled by the Revenant within the next hour.” Of course the Captain sends me to for that part. Couldn't send Veptus or Azreal noo has to send me. Leaving his internal monologue there Raskreia walks out of the bridge with his confederates and as he does so they hear Xandrek ordering, “You there, get me a channel to First Captain Sevatar. I want to speak with the ‘Prince of Crows’.”

"Well that was interesting hearing that Xandrek wanted to talk to First Captain Jago. But why send me down to fetch the others like a grox hound? If the Captain sent either of you they would listen without compunction as they know they are no match for you Azreal even with numbers you would most likely still walk away from the fight a bit battered but still whole while they would fear what you would do to them while on your table Veptus and would follow. Sending me seems a bit more diplomatic but more troublesome as well, at least for me. Though that may be why Captain is sending me instead as I would simply play upon the fear they hold of him and get them moving where as you, Azreal, might be tempted to just cut a hand off or two especially from Zhasal. While you, Veptus, would merely torture the poor fools when they next rest upon your "tender mercies" we all know about. Though talking about it out loud seems to have brought me to a conclusion and I apologize for talking your ears off again." Raskreia says as they walk together along the deserted corridors.

“I myself find talking out loud to my patients helps me reach conclusions. However, there is an option that you haven’t considered.” Veptus added. Turning his head to look at Veptus, Raskreia merely looks at him with open curiosity before Veptus continued, “They might simply be more afraid of you lecturing them for so long that they miss the battle of Isstvan, so would come without a word.” "Haha maybe so." I laughed at his small jest before saluting as Veptus made his way towards his "dominium" I continued along the corridors with Azreal making some conversation before splitting off to store the banner inside the Revanant. Stopping only briefly to ascertain that the Revanant was ready and waiting to be flew into combat. Walking towards the embarkation doors Raskreia puts his helmet on and increasing to a loping jog that would see him down into the bowels of the Labyrinth quickly.

Arriving after a few minutes of jogging Raskreia turns towards the steps to take advantage of the lattice work above it to find the errant members of First Claw. Sighting a large number of guardsmen fighting a number of orks roughly a third of their numbers. His choler getting the better of him Raskreia drops down before unholstering his bolt pistol and firing shots into the heads of the orks instantly killing four of them before drawing his Power Axe and charging into the resulting confusion. Leaving very little to the imagination Raskreia just hacked left and right erasing his choler in the cathartic release of violence. "I assume the time is at hand, has the captain lost his patience? I will head to the embarkation deck once I retrieve my lost companion from Var, good luck finding Zhasal you’ll need it.” Turning to face his gene-brother Raskreia responds acidly, "Hmm now there is a thought. But now I have to ask why you couldn't have had it earlier than now? You know save me the trouble of trying to find you scraps of First Claw and having the Captain himself order me down here to find you three but it comes to you only now? Maybe we should leave you down here for others to hunt if that is the extent of your own intelligence. Corvis however I would have thought you knew better than to keep the Captain waiting Young Blood is seeming more and more fit for you. Fundae there is no one around Var at the time besides his own kind so please do not think about doing anything rash as his fate has been decided. As for Zhasal we shall find him before heading towards the embarkation deck, and it shall be done within the hour as that is Xandrek's will." Raskreia turns on his heel heading in search of the last member before either of them had a chance to respond.

"Loyalty is its own reward."
Lion El'Jonson.

Last edited by High_Seraph; 10-31-13 at 06:07 PM.
post #37 of 173 (permalink) Old 11-06-13, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Azrael: Hearing Jaekal speak of your battle brothers souls and their flesh you cant help but correct him that it is the Corpse-Masters job to make sure their flesh is whole and that it is your job to try and atleast reduce the need to visit Veptus in the first place. You have time to speak with Jaekal privately over the vox before you get the summons to make your way to the ‘Revenant’ and you do so with Jaekal at your side moving over to the next hanger as all three companies return with their new wargear load outs and then make their way onto their transports to await the arrival back into real space and the Isstvan system. Walking with the chaplain you head over to Var, Fundae and Tyberus who are already stood waiting by the ‘Revenant’ and while a Thunderhawk can carry three full squads easily it is only First Claw that are allowed to deploy on campaigns within the ‘Revenant’ though where this tradition, if it can be called one, came from you do not fully know and though you suspect it came from the first Nostraman Captain to take command of the Fourth Company while you were still in the simply ranks of being a Battle Brother. Walking up to your three brothers First Claws squad vox opens up allowing you to greet them as you wish and as you settle in place leaning back against the transport Veptus enters and within five minutes of his arrival Raskreia, though the Standard Bearers hands are covered in blood which clearly is not his own and without the other members of First Claw. Something is wrong.

Raskreia: Corvis lingers a few moments longer beside the bodies of the guardsmen as you head off in search of Zhasal leaving Fundae to make his way out on his own. After five more minutes of searching you some across what has happened to the errant member of First Claw, well you come across several ‘happenings’ of him anyway. You first find a large trail of blood on the floor which is not enough for a group of humans and the wrong shade for orks so you follow it to the next corner where you find the managed and broken body of a Night Lord. Not being trained as an apocathery you can only look at the wounds inflicted to the body before you: half of the helmet has been seared away but what looks like an axe taking part of Zhasal’s face along with it but not enough to kill him but the part of the helmet that was removed also took out his vox link. Zhasal’s chestplate has been broken open and cracked in several places by heavy caliber bullets which was the cause of his death as the bullets hard torn through both of his hearts, he is missing both of his legs below the knee and also his left arm below his elbow. Kneeling down next to your fallen brother you place your hands within the ruined wounds of his chest to make sure that his proginoid glands and still intact and thankfully they are allowing you to remove them with your combat knife. Deciding to leave the body where it is for now you make your way back to the embarkation decks with your battle brothers blood still coating your hands and as you step out onto the deck where the ‘Revenant’ I held you notice both Jaekal and Azrael turn their attention to you but what catches your attention is that Corvis is nowhere to be seen.

Veptus: After briefing the other Apocatheries you and they received orders over the vox to make your way to the embarkation decks and their squad transports to prepare for re-entry into real space and soon after that the battle of Isstvan V. Giving your own wargear a final check and making sure all Apocatheries were fully stocked on the tools to do their trade you lead them all down to the main embarkation decks and once you set foot onto the main deck all of the Apocatheries behind you move off to join different squads while you yourself make your way over to Azrael, Jaekal, Fundae, Tyberus and Var with the only members of First Claw still to arrive being Captain Xandrek and Raskreia. Walking over to your brothers of First Claw your gaze shifts to look up at the form of the ‘Revenant’ and you remember the first transport to bare that name. Shot down on some hunk of rock with you and all the other members of First Claw bar Var still inside which resulted in a bone jarring crash with the transport spinning end over end four times before coming to a rest. You remember blinking your eyes clear of blood which was not your own and looking at its source, Brother Manroth, pinned to the wall opposite you by a piece of wing that had pieced the hull and burst open his rib-cage destroying both of his proginoid glands. You have time to while waiting for the capture to bring up the memory of the ‘Revenants’ last flight with your brothers around you and the skirmishes that followed before meeting up with the rest of the company.

Jaekal: You stand there watching and listening to Azrael over the private vox link for several minutes before the summons for all claws to embark on their transports calls out across the vox speakers dotted about the embarkation decks. Turning in one smooth motion you walk side by side with Azrael to the neck deck where First Claws transport, the ‘Revenant’ is docked and awaiting the single squad of marines that use it in battle. Looking at the three brother Astartes stood infront of the thunderhawk transport you see that it is Var, Fundae and Tyberus with Veptus, Raskreia and the Captain still obviously on their way here from their respective locations. Looking over your other three brothers you see First Claws squad vox link light up when you get closer and have time to greet your brothers or begin preaching to them over the vox knowing full well your brothers in First Claw would rather head butt an Ork bareheaded than listen to one of your sermons for any given length of time. Coming to a stop roughly in the middle of your brothers you hear foot steps behind you and turn to see Veptus stride forwards the group in full battle gear and you incline your head to the Apocathery knowing he will be needed to kept safe in the coming battle should you or the others get injured and after several more minutes you notice that Raskreia has returned though covered in blood and without Corvis and Zhasal, something which Azrael has picked up on aswell.

Var: Upon opening a channel to your ‘brothers’ including the Captain the only reply you have for several minutes is utter silence with only a serf on the bridge contacting you (however if the others reply then it is up to them to do so in their posts). “The Captain will be with you shortly honored Tech-Marine, he is currently engaged in conversation with the First Captain.” Mention of Captain Sevatar some what piques your interest though you have no idea what the two captains are talking about unless you decide to try and hack into their conversation and while the potential knowledge gained from listening to this conversation could be great, is it worth the rest if Xandrek finds out? You have time to decide what it is you do before you are interrupted by the sound of over three hundred pairs of feet marching through the corridors, onto the embarkation deck and into their transports with the other members of First Claw, with Tyberus arriving first and looking you over in silence, Fundae appearing and demanding his flamer followed by the Champion Azrael, Chaplain Jaekal and eventually Veptus and Raskreia leaving only Xandrek absent though you suspect that he is already on his way now all three companies have gathered. OOC: PM me when you are able as I need to talk with you about the next update and what you will need to do.

Fundae: Leaving the Labyrinth you mark your way back up into the workshop decks that are the domain of the tech-marines and tech-priests that serve the legion and inquire about your flamer from Var. (Depending on his reply you will either have your flamer for the coming engagement you or will not so I suggest working something out with him before hand). After leaving Var by himself (to either recover your flamer, or find a substitute weapon, message me in a pm and ill give a list) you return you’re the armory for one final war-gear check by one of the many tech-priests that move about the place before once again returning to the embarkation deck to stand before the ‘Revenant’ and await your brothers. You are not waiting long until you hear the pounding of over three hundred pairs of feet on the steel decking as all three companies that make the Maiden their home enter the embarkation deck and get into the transports and as a member a First-Claw you are able to link in to each and every squads private vox channel and listen to them or make enquiries though most of what you hear is each squad member better the others about how many Astartes they will kill.

Tyberus: You were utterly silent during the meeting with the Captain and the other members of First Claw on the bridge and when dismissed you returned to your private quarters to fully arm yourself and check over every last piece of wargear. Due to your quite nature you are mainly ignored during meetings of First Claw unless you decided to speak up but this meeting was of more interest to you given its nature so you decided to remain silent. While it was originally to do with the fact Fourth Company would arrive before most of the other elements of the fleet it quickly turned into most other members of First Claw berating the Tech-Marine Var. While you and Var are completely indifferent to each other the Tech-Marines attitude and actions are slowly causing him to become one of the most hated members of all of Fourth Company, will Var eventually become another brother that you will have to remove to keep Fourth Company and First Claw especially in balance? While thinking on this you make your way to the embarkation decks after hearing the summons for all squads to board their transports and stepping out onto the steel deck you see the Var standing alone, as you approach him you regard him silently as you stop several feet away from him. As the silence drags on you are eventually joined by all the other members of First Claw and all three companies that mark the ‘Maiden’ their home. Now you have time to talk with your Battle-Brothers if you wish or merely observe them as they interact.
post #38 of 173 (permalink) Old 11-12-13, 03:38 AM

[COLOR="Black"]Tyberus' ceramite boots clanked heavily on the metal playing of the embarkation deck as he moved through the adjutants and maintenance personnel that cluttered the massive hangar aboard the Maiden of Sorrow. His movements seemed deliberate, as if each stride was carefully weighed before the next like a giant predator stalking some as yet unseen prey.

His modified MK III helmet clamped to his left hip, exposing his stoic and seemingly distant features. His ice blue eyes seemed to cut through the cacaphony and bustle of the last minute preparations for war as he spotted the "fellow" Astartes with whom he wished to speak, or rather confront. But Tyberus would not simply allow his opinion to be swayed by others, he would see for himself, and test with questions before deciding how he felt on the matter at hand.

What the hell are you up to Var?

Tyberus approached the his brother techmarine, feigning a smile as if the two were longtime bonded brothers. They were not. Tyberus respected Var for what he did, what he provided to the Company and as a result what he provided the Legion. If there was another techmarine the equal of Var within 4th Company, then Tyberus wouldn't have even concerned himself with the fact that the techmarine was burning what few bridges he had in the first place.

Tyberus approached Var with little in the way of pleasantries beyond the predatory grin, which could only be misinterpreted as friendly from a distance. "Brother TechMarine Var," Tyberus low voice rumbled and boomed like gravel in a landslide, "Is it true that you had our Honored Brother Oberon dismantled and disposed of?"

Var turned and looked down at his slightly shorter battle brother, he paused in his duties as his techmarine apparatus whirred and clicked back into their inactive positions. His response was curt and to the point. "Yes, Honored Brother Oberon refused to fight for the 4th Company in our war against the False Emperor. His disloyalty gave me no choice. With the coming war, I am sure we will be able to find another deserving battle brother worthy enough to be entombed in his Dreadnaught armor. Perhaps even one so honored as yourself, should you fall and be unsavable by the Corpse Master..." Var's little jab did not go undetected by Tyberus, the techmarine was baiting him for a response as much as he was testing Var.

"I suppose if that is to befall me I would proudly carry on in service to the Legion and the 4th Company." Tyberus continued on as if unphased by the techmarine's slight insult, possibly it was even intended as a threat, Tyberus was unsure. "Your sentiments are very true though Var, I agree with you wholly that those who would stand in our way deserve to be stricken from this universe and cast into the warp."

The techmarine nodded as if running out of patience with the younger member of First Claw. Rather unexpectedly Tyberus proferred his stormbolter, his low voice booming out "I have performed all of the necessary maintenance, but would be honored if you would perform the liturgies of maintanence and war." Tyberus did not truly care what the techmarine did, he was testing to see if he was willing to do so.

"Why of course 'honored veteran'" the sarcasm nearly dripped out of the statement as Var took the stormbolter from Tyberus. With great care and purpose though, the techmarine went through his liturgies, ensuring the spirit of the stormbolter was at ease and eager for war.

Upon taking his stormbolter back, Tyberus nodded in thanks to the techmarine, before walking off with a distinct sense of unease about Var. Perhaps Var would not betray them this moment, or even this campaign, but certainly something was amiss with the techmarine.

Tyberus felt a need for sanctification and purification and, unlike many of his fellow brothers in the 4th Company left the presence of the techmarine and sought out the Company Chaplain Jaekal. Tyberus felt need for his spirit to be made pure and sanctified before setting out for war. He quickly pressed on, pushing servitors out of his way as he did seeking the skull masked purifier and bringer of death that was Jaekal Sarn.
post #39 of 173 (permalink) Old 11-13-13, 08:50 PM

Therizza's Flag is: USA

As Jaekal boarded the craft, he could not help but feel something akin to euphoria. This was different though, as there was a distinctive hint of psychosis within his glee. It had been too long, in his reckoning, since last he did battle in the name of the Legion, and Primarch who’s geneseed he carried. Walking amidship, the Chaplain went through the routine he had a thousand times before, mentally checking himself and his kit before this most momentous of battles. “This is the first step…” Jaekal said as he sat down on a folding restraint. “On a glorious path…” he continued to speak, half whispering as he checked his melta-gun. “I shall not falter from this course…” he said, checking his grenades as he did. He did not have time to finish his prayer, interrupted instead by the image of Raskreia, covered in blood as he was.

Veptus had entered just before Raskreia, how important he would be in the battle, Jaekal thought. But there was time to talk with him later- the more pressing matter was what had happened Raskreia, why was he covered in blood? Where was Zhasal? Such a drama, as First Claw was to engage in battle would likely have deleterious effects on the unit’s abilities. “Is that blood your own? Or did someone challenge you to a duel on your way across the hangar?” The words hung in the air as Jaekal awaited a response.

Sitting back down, the Chaplain produced his Rosarius, meditating on the Litanies of Hate as he passed the beaded chain through his fingers. As he began in earnest, he was interrupted once more, but this time, it was not by a condescending Battle Brother, but instead one seeking the Chaplain’s council before the battle. “Hail, Brother Tyberus, what do you ask of me…”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putch. View Post
All I can say is holy meltafuck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
a massive mess of incorrect information and patrotic [email protected]$%s wiggling.
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...81#post1273781
post #40 of 173 (permalink) Old 11-14-13, 02:18 AM

"Well met Brother Chaplain Jaekal!" Tyberus extending his hand, Jaekal meeting his and the two exchanging a rather firm handshake that likely would crush the bones of mere mortals. "I would seek purification before our war for freedom begins," he paused and lowered his voice so as only the two of them would hear, "Also, I have just spoken with our brother techmarine Var. The meeting has left me feeling rather amiss in regards to what his machinations are. I would request of you to bless me with the liturgies of hate."

Jaekal nodded, almost eagerly as he allowed Tyberus to continue to speak. His skull masked helmet's red eyes glowing with approval of this fellow veteran who still held to some semblance of tradition.

Tyberus' looked up to the skull masked Chaplain and nodded, "I would be grateful Brother Chaplain if you would also give me an Oath of Moment." At his request of an Oath of Moment several other battle brothers turned to face the two, almost in shock. Few, if any had requested such a thing since the declaration had been made that the Night Lords were to join Horus in his war for freedom. Tyberus' eyes momentarily took notice of the eyes of fellow astartes upon them, and then back to Jaekal, awaiting his reponse.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode