[Action] Darkness, a Traditional RP (Action) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 247 (permalink) Old 06-16-13, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Septok's Flag is: England

Default Darkness, a Traditional RP (Action)

DARKNESS, A TRADITIONAL RP

Time has come, one and all, for the journey to begin. Please try to post at least once per update, to a good standard. Some updates, it will be beneficial to do so more than once per update - I'm not stopping you, please do. It is also worth checking the map and names to provinces on the recruitment to identify where on Kolnur we are. Anyway, without further ado, let us begin the Darkness Traditional RP.

--------------------
SPRING 1243

The new dawn was rising on Megant, the westernmost nation on Kolnur, its buildings gleaming in the morning sun. This area of Jurma (one of the nation’s provinces) was just less than normal for the seafaring nation, with most buildings made of dirtied white marble, and a few made of baser materials. The city of Jurma itself was several miles away to the north, closer to the wastelands that lie to the west, and was constructed entirely of gleaming marble, cleaned monthly - unlike most of Kolnur. Jurma was always one of the nation’s nicest cities, and many took their retirement there, even those from other nations. The large port town in question, however, was known as Wyrmsport, after the cave that formed most of its dock, which was reputed to have been inhabited by a sea wyrm once. It wasn't the nicest of cities, but it was cosy and inhabitable.

For years, there had been peace and prosperity, but those days were gone: the Shadow had arrived. There had been reports of undead movement around all of Kolnur’s nations, something which greatly disturbed the world’s powers and leaders. The scouts in the wastelands had been reporting movement for the first time in centuries, and Megant was worried.

But the day was not one to worry about the political affairs and the situations of nations, for this was a day for the individual. In Wyrmsport, there was an open-air bar known as the Sea Wyrm Bar, reputed for being one of the least savoury places in the city. The bar served food and drinks all day, and had well over a dozen rooms for travellers, hanging over the Wyrm’s Cave. The bar itself was half indoors, half out, the actual building part made and held up by seaweed-covered wood. In the only secluded corner of the bar was a round table, and this is where our adventure shall begin.

Around the table sat a variety of characters, not a strange sight in Wyrmsport, but their motives were less than ordinary. Hemjeg, the town’s resident senile sailor, was, as normal, telling drunken stories with more than a little truth to them. Hemjeg was known by locals to be somewhat of a drunkard, taken to recounting stories both inane and fantastical, and being very grumpy, a feature which waxed and waned based on how drunk he was. These people had never met him before, but had seen his posters around the city, offering a bounty of treasure and a merry sea journey, and had come to hear whatever he had to say.

“All ye who listen,” He shouted. “I shall tell ye the tale of the Gemstone Cavern, tha’ ol' mystical cave which everyone looks for.”
The group leaned in towards the middle of the table, anxious to hear the old man’s insane story. The drinks on the table were shifted forwards towards the central candle, which was barely surviving the breeze coming in from the sea.
“They say tha’ what you wish for becomes wha’ you get in that magical place. Anything tha’ a man wishes for, he gets. I think those nonhuman folk get it too, but I be na’ too sure on tha’.” A few non-human bar patrons looked at him disparagingly for his dry racism, then returned to their drinks. “A dragon’s hoard, a sword tha’ cuts through anything, even the booze and wenches you’ve always dreamed o’. Prophecies tell of a group tha’ll go find it, one day. Now, I’m going o’er to the west in a few days, so if you want to go find the Cavern, I’m happy to let ya on, for a fee…”

The old man walked away from the table quite suddenly, having delivered his offer, and then turned again with a sharpness that belied his age. “Oh, di’ I mention? I know where it be hidden.” He turned again and walked out, taking a mighty swig of his booze and stumbling around. Even the thickest at the table knew he just wanted money, but was his tale genuine? Was the cavern real? It was a well-known nursery rhyme on Kolnur, the tale of the Cavern of Dreams – could this be it? The listeners began to talk, getting to know those that they may be working with on this wild goose chase, and discussing the truthfulness of Hemjeg’s tale. Whatever happened now would set the fate of Kolnur, and the fates were watching eagerly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 247 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 03:09 PM

"Aye, what a bloody waste of our time," Kai muttered, "but I guess somebody must believe him. Anyone else here get one of these?"

Throwing the fancy envelope on the table, inside was a very elaborate request written in his native language on an obviously pricey piece of parchment. The kind usually only high level mage schools or nobels use.

"Received this via messenger, no information on who from or why." The part about the large payment the messenger handed him to communicate how legitimate it was supposed to be, he kept to himself. He didn't keep much money anyways, usually giving most of it away, but one certainly didn't bring up money to strangers, and definately not in a place such as this.

"I have been hired many a time by those looking for this so called cavern, and I tell you only one thing has been certain, all we ever find is death."

Oddly enough that was the reason why he was here. He was paid afterall, and slaying undead, demons, or other dark creatures was what he did, cavern or not.

Last edited by Roy-o-Roma; 06-17-13 at 03:37 PM.
post #3 of 247 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 04:07 PM

Malochai's Flag is: United Kingdom

Glaïmbar raised an eyebrow questioningly as Hemjeg spun his yarn, shaking his head slightly as he downed the stein of ale with a single swig. He rolled his shoulders and cracked his neck before slamming the vessel down and raising a hand to signal a human barmaid over.

"Another," he rumbled, gesturing at the stein, his weathered skin showing itself to be slightly darker than that of a dwarf from Kerin-Curan due to the life he had chosen on the seas. Looking around, he saw the crew of the Sea Cleaver - dwarves, orcs, elves and even an ogre - deep in their cups, sagging over tables and shook his head. Only one remained sober enough to notice his gesture and nod, raising his glass in recognition. With that, the dwarf was satisfied - the half-human/half-elven Arnatuïle was a good sort. When he heard the human grumble, Glaïmbar shook his head, resulting in the tumble of black hair waggling slightly.

"I wouldn’t be so sure, lad. I’ve been on the seas for nearly four decades and met many like Hemjeg, thrust off to the side, named drunkards and mad ... There tends to be a kernel of truth in many of their tales." With that, the dwarf shrugged once more and his eyes lit up; a plate of food piled high with chicken drumsticks, beef and pork was being carried over to the table by a gnomish woman and his next stein was also coming over. He grinned, smacked his lips, and reached into the gold pouch he kept at his waist, drawing two silver coins and a bronze. When the food and drink were set down, he smiled brightly, and placed the coins in the gnomes soft hands. "Thank you, love," he murmured in an offhand manner, gesturing vaguely, but her eyes widened noticeably when she saw how much he had given her. She squeaked a thank you and backtracked quickly, almost as if she was afraid of him choosing his mind. "Anyway," the dwarf said around a mouthful of chicken, "It wouldn’t surprise me if this Gemstone Cavern is real.
"Oh. I'm Glaïmbar, known as 'The Steel Arm' in some circles. Of Kerin-Curan."
Wiping his greasy hand on a rag from the table, he extended his strong hand in the offer of a handshake.

Malochai von Carstein; Terror of Hunger Wood, Lord of Lichenhof Tower

Roleplay Characters
The Darkness - Conquest: Kerin-Curan
Darkness - Traditional: Glaïmbar Bokkadsson
Age of Dragons: Endras Amlugon

Last edited by Malochai; 06-17-13 at 05:28 PM.

post #4 of 247 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 07:48 PM

Kai reached out his arm towards the dwarf, "Kai Evansur," Kai replied, shaking the dwarf's hand firmly, though not so firm as to issue a challenge, he had done that once on accident, and while he did bruise the dwarf's hand, he had to see a healer to insure his hand wasn't crushed. The dwarf had laughed at him in a friendly manner afterwards, slapping him on shoulder while saying he lasted longer than most humans.

Releasing the dwarf's hand, Kai continued on, "Well Glaimbar of Kerin-Curan, regardless if the cavern is real or not, I am sure wherever this little adventure takes us, there will be creatures lurking in the dark, and I'm not one to turn down such a promis."
post #5 of 247 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 07:59 PM

Burning Star's Flag is: United Kingdom

Barog-Shal wasn't sure what to think. He'd travelled the seas of Megant for many years, and had heard more outrageous myths and legends than he cared to count. But more, rather than less, of these legends had shown small nuggets of truth, and had come together as a hoard of treasure or an enchanted weapon. Yet in all of his days he'd never heard something as outrageous as this. 'It couldn't exist,' he thought, 'how could something so powerful remain so carefully hidden for so long? Maybe it's enchanted to hide or move itself, or maybe it's guarded by an even more unbelievable beast?

'More importantly however,' he realized, 'how does a lowly drunk know of a cave that even the strongest haven't found? While the cave may be real, this man is clearly trying to get money by sending us on a goose chase.' Suddenly his mug cracked in his hand, spilling mead onto the person next to him. He hadn't realized how hard he was holding the mug while he was thinking, a common occurrence that went unnoticed on his ship, something, he reminded himself, which he needed to stop doing. He hastily apologized and held out his hand.
'Sorry 'bout that. The name's Barog-Shal, are you here about the Cavern too?'

Chapter Master Kain Arqua of the Lifekeeper Marines
Archon Soulripper of the Kabal of the Burning Star
Vampire Lord Leroy Blödmann of the Blödmann Vampire cult

post #6 of 247 (permalink) Old 06-18-13, 10:52 AM

Marshal Ragnar's Flag is: USA

'This old goat has totally lost it and this is a total waste' Marcus thought as the old sailor walked away, 'What a fracken east of time'. As Marcus finish draining his mug of ale he looked around the table at the other individuals that had come for this adventure. There were a couple Dwarves, another human, an Orc, a goblin crossbreed, and himself. 'And this is an odd lot to go looking for a cave anyway' Marcus was thinking as his left side was suddenly showered with mead and cup fragments. Marcus immediately whipped around to his left to see what had happened and dropped his hand to his sword in case it was needed. He looked just in time to see the large orc look at his hand where he had crushed his cup in surprise.

The orc quickly recovered, dried his hand off, and said " 'Sorry 'bout that. The name's Barog-Shal, are you here about the Cavern too?'

"Marcus Flavius Octavion of the Empire," Marcus responded as he look the orcs hand, "and if you wanted to give me a drink friend, there are more polite ways to do that. But yeah, I'm here wasting my time for that mystical cavern also. How did you come about to be here Borag?"

Check out my Angels of Retribution fluff!! All c&c is welcome
post #7 of 247 (permalink) Old 06-18-13, 04:59 PM

Malochai's Flag is: United Kingdom

“The Cavern had best be real. I’ll be damned if I leave the Sea Cleaver for as long as it will take us to do this and then leave unrewarded.” He paused for a second and his brow furrowed. “And I’m sure Goimiil hasn’t let me survive this long just to fail.
“As far as creatures are concerned ... Cleaver will take care of them,”
the dwarf said with a small smile on his face, patting the haft of his axe which leant against the side of the table, blade resting on the floor.

The dwarf then looked at the noise from the other side of the table and chuckled. “You are quick to go for your blade, Marcus Flavius Octavion of the Empire. Not always a bad thing, but I’ve been to the Sea Wyrm Bar before - draw a blade and within minutes you’re likely to be in the centre of a deadly brawl.” His eyes misted over for a second, and then with a conspiratorial glint in his eye and a tug at the edges of his lips, said, “In fact, do it ... Not had a good fight in a while. The only sea-goers worthy of fighting my crew are the pirates of Dagren. Complete bastards, and as honourable as a a sea-slug, but amazing sailors. Not good enough for us, though!” The boast was said jovially, and Glaïmbar nudged Kai in the ribs, although more forcefully than he realised. “Ah ... Sorry, Kai ...”

Malochai von Carstein; Terror of Hunger Wood, Lord of Lichenhof Tower

Roleplay Characters
The Darkness - Conquest: Kerin-Curan
Darkness - Traditional: Glaïmbar Bokkadsson
Age of Dragons: Endras Amlugon
post #8 of 247 (permalink) Old 06-18-13, 07:12 PM

Burning Star's Flag is: United Kingdom

'Well,' he replied to Marcus Flavius Octavian, 'when you've travelled as far as I have, you meet people. Some of them want to kill you. Others are happy to make themselves acquainted. Both of them will tell you lots of useless gossip, but when I heard about this, I couldn't resist coming.' This wasn't the entire truth, but it wasn't the best first impression to tell someone that they're here because of a letter taken from the corpse of a ship's captain. 'I've always enjoyed a good adventure.'
'What's 'dis? Filthy Orcs?' shouted a very racist man who had just entered the bar 'What's yuur skum doin' here?' Get outta my bar!'
Barog-Shal flew up from his chair and squared up to this very small racist.
'Orcs aren't scum,' he said, 'you have 3 seconds to get out of here.'
'What's yuur skoom gonna-'
The punch hit the man square in the chest and knocked him almost straight across the room, where he hit the wall and slumped, unconscious.
'I'm not too good at first impressions, am I?' he thought as returned to his seat.
'So Marcus Flavius Octavian, how did you get to be here?'

Chapter Master Kain Arqua of the Lifekeeper Marines
Archon Soulripper of the Kabal of the Burning Star
Vampire Lord Leroy Blödmann of the Blödmann Vampire cult

post #9 of 247 (permalink) Old 06-19-13, 04:09 PM

The nudge hit Kai square in the side, only slightly dulled by the darker leather armor he wore beneath his cloak. While it did register as pain and most certainly would leave a bruise due to the dwarf's strength, it wasn't anything debilitating nor crippling enough to apologize over.

Kai turned to the dwarf with a sly smirk while patting the end of the sword across his back, "You know Glaimbar, I think 'Cleaver', and Negotiator are going to get along just fine." Kai had ignored the Dwarf's apology, to accept it would have meant in dwarven culture that he felt that Glaimbar had done something wrong.

At that moment Kai heard a drunk mumble something loudly about orcs for all to hear, prompting Barog-shal to stand. The orc was impressive, easily the biggest person at the table, and covered in plate armor, "You might just get that brawl after all."

As the drunk then suddenly flew across the room, Kai let out a chuckle, "Or not,". It was not wise to challenge an orc, especially one with the patience to let you walk away after directly insulting him the first time.

Last edited by Roy-o-Roma; 06-19-13 at 04:32 PM.
post #10 of 247 (permalink) Old 06-19-13, 04:10 PM

(Duplicated post, sorry.)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode