[Recruitment] The Phaeron - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 162 (permalink) Old 06-09-13, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Feed

Default The Phaeron

Approximately 60 Million years ago...

'How many have we lost?' The looming figure demanded, poised over the control panel of his command station. His shrouded yet gleaming hand hovered over the terminal, awaiting the answer before it would move to issue a command that would either save or doom this world.

'Thirty two percent My Leige.' The answer came from across the darkened chamber, a much smaller figure hunched over a similar terminal but which was much more expansive of the room. 'Takranon and Mekraathis among them unfortunately.'

'It is hardly unfortunate.' The first retorted. 'It is not by accident those two were deployed to the front lines. In any case the numbers are sufficient.' His hand lowered and he turned to his servant. 'Issue the order to begin Sleep protocols Seprin. I will oversee the initial phase while I entrust you to conclude matters here. Ensure that all remaining nobility enter the Great Sleep. I will speak with you again once we have risen.'

'As you wish Lord Mithrahc. I will see you in sixty million years...'

Welcome to Serpa's first roleplay thread in... uh, ages!

Decided to try again with a necron rp. Why? Because I have neither the passion nor the desire to run a human based rp, so for the sake of holding my own interest, this one will be about the ancient legions of the necrontyr's legacy, the necrons.

The plot is simple enough. Awakening from a 60 million year slumber, our heroes find themselves in a very different galaxy to the one they left to sleep. The Command Protocols once held by The Silent King Szarekh had been severed, leaving the phaeron Mithrahc and all others to their own devices. In this new void, the necrons discover a galaxy teeming with lesser life forms, infesting every corner of their once glorious civilization.

It is time to reshape the galaxy to the way it was meant to be. More will be revealed as the plot progresses.

To play, I need the following cast members:

2-5 Necron Lords. These will be the mainstay of the Phaeron's court. At times you will be called to fight as a unit alongside your master, while at other times you will function independently with unit of lesser necrons at your command.

1-2 Crypteks. No Tomb will function without these guys. Even though crypteks have a mercenary nature it will be assumed that these have gone to sleep within the Tomb and have awoken as such as well. Thus they will still be under Mithrahc's command.

1-2 Triarch Praetorians. These guys will be tricky, as praetorians act outside of traditional necron heirarchy. Their purpose is to uphold the codes of battle, and they have the authority to override and execute necron lords (including phaerons) who disobey these laws. These characters will have a slightly different role in that they will obviously have originated outside the tomb. If you choose these characters you will have a slightly different role in the rp.

Right, some more detailed specs of what you can take as each character class:

Lords:

Cryptek (I will allow one of each discipline):

Triarch Praetorians:

Alright, once you've chosen from the above, you need to create a Character sheet for me with the following:

Name: (names inspired by egyptian and babylonian mythology work well, or you can make something up like I do.)

Class+Wargear: This is where you'll enter the choices you've made above.

Appearance: Yes we know what a necron looks like, but any additional features such as a specific design on your cape or armour, or what kind of cape or armour you wear will go here.

Personality: You have a bit of freedom here, as lords and crypteks both can be loyal servants or maniacal self obsessed gits. The Praetorians personalities will need to better reflect their role of upholding codes of honour however, so bear this in mind.

History: Lords and Crypteks may outline some intermittent memories to expand on their personality profiles, however I will allow his to be vague as I will use the plot to fill in various gaps in your memories as the story progresses. Praetorians may instead outline what you have been doing for the past sixty million years while you awaited the awakening, as unlike other necrons you were not granted sleep.

Rules:

God modding is out. A rule worth repeating.

I want decent posts. Keep to the minumum for this section of the forum at least, but if you can do better that would be fantastic.

Your characters will be subject to some manipulation during the course of this rp. Be prepared for this. It is part of the plot.

Updates, I will try for fortnightly. So once we're going with the action thread, I'll ask you to try post within the first week so I can properly plan out your updates.

Also, NO SHOTGUNNING CHARACTER SLOTS! You want the part, you be the first to submit the completed character sheet.

Thank you.

Characters:

Kharpis Themis (Triarch Praetorian)

Amos (Lord Flayer)

Re'kyt (Lord Flayer)

Thermopylae (Lord)

Mahariae (Cryptek Ethermancer)

The Keeper (Cryptek Chronomancer)

NPC's:

Nonsense is our Salvation

Last edited by Serpion5; 06-15-13 at 07:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 162 (permalink) Old 06-09-13, 01:41 PM

son of azurman's Flag is: Scotland

might post a char shet but will have to read up on the necrons plus ive just moved up ay ear in school so i don't know how often ill be getting homework yet that may limit my posting by a decent amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
If an immovable object is struck by an unstoppable force, how many potatoes will fit in the jelly mould?
Renegades 9:flesh is weak
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=122389

Eldrad Ulthran:
"He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it."

inquisitor czevak:
"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."
post #3 of 162 (permalink) Old 06-09-13, 01:48 PM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

warsmith7752's Flag is: United Kingdom

Nice bit of a nostalgia trip there. I'm thinking a chrono cryptek who is damaged and rusty so his memories only work some of the time.

current win rates;
csm 3/1/1
daemons 1/0/0

post #4 of 162 (permalink) Old 06-09-13, 01:53 PM

DestroyerHive's Flag is: Canada

My RP role model is back! I'ma shotgun a Necron Lord. Tough, strong, and impossible to kill.

If someone lacks intelligence, than he is not stupid, because one cannot be stupid without intelligence.

If someone reverts to having to complain about your grammar, then you already won.
post #5 of 162 (permalink) Old 06-09-13, 02:07 PM
Banned

Romero's Own's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by warsmith7752 View Post
a chrono cryptek who is damaged and rusty so his memories only work some of the time.
Makes me think of B.E.N from Treasure Planet.

On a more serious note, If i had more time I would join this right now as I am always interested to see how non-human RP's work, but unfortunately I just don't have the free time to do this justice.

My apologies.

The Silent Lions Chapter

Winter Falls

Darkness

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
post #6 of 162 (permalink) Old 06-09-13, 02:20 PM
Jason_kharo's Flag is: United Kingdom

Name: Kharpis Themis

Class+Wargear: Triarch Praetorian with Rod of the Covenant

Appearance: Standing taller than even Overlords, due to his Praetorian form and as wide as one, Kharpis makes a threatening figure. Usually his armour would have been a chrome like metallic silver, with inlays of gold scripture and intricate pieces of Necron Codes of Battle written into his form, but upon the world of Gazikanas, a Necron Tomb world that was on the outskirts of a Warp Storm, a daemonic fire storm burnt his form beyond the capabilities of his self-repair. His body was able to withstand much of it, but the original colours were charred black. His entire frame is pure blackness due to the flames that consumed him. Over his shoulders he wears a Triarch cloak, usually reserved for more traditional times, he has taken to wearing the sweeping, red and black garment more often.

Personality: The 60 Million Years has done little to change the Praetorian's personality, although it has taught him that many things have changed. He has seen the rise and the fall of Empires, betrayals on scales not seen since that of the Necrons and C'tan. If anything, it has made him wiser and much less naive. Unlike some of his kin, he knows to stagnate and attempt to use the same rules as eons past would be folly and must adapt to new situations and circumstances. His nature is somewhat understanding, yet at times he can be stubborn and is always direct.

History: Time does not rot the machine as it does the flesh. Kharpis and his brethren are said to be amongst the oldest beings in the galaxy, that still remain sentience at least. He has witnessed the beginnings of the Necron Empire, the Rise and the Fall, and now he is ushering in the Reawakening. Due to his age and experience, Kharpis has a relative high amount of authority amongst other Praetorians and Necrons, at times being Sub-Commander to the Triarch Lord.

When the Necrons fell into the Great Sleep, Kharpis and the other Praetorians knew that they had failed in their duty to withhold the traditions and success of the Necron Empire. He seemed to take it worse than the others, due to believing he should have seen it coming and altered the course of the battles to put it in the favour of the robotic warriors. Over the many millions of years, he and his warriors have fought against every other race in the galaxy, from Space Marines to Tyranids. He has studied their forms and nature, finding how each different faction fights and what they fight for.

Being so old, Kharpis has witnessed some of the greatest events in the galaxy, although one of the most enjoyable in memory is the widely known Great Crusade. In this time, the 'Emperor' attempted to rid the galaxy of belief in Gods, but in turn, the Imperium became to worship him as such. He was powerful and great, but he was not a God. Kharpis had seen Gods, those of the C'tan. Beings that could extinguish solar systems with a mere glance, or split a world in twain with a simple gesture.

He has recently come to the world under the rule of Lord Mithrahc, travelling aboard a small vessel, he made planet fall and soon met with the Phaeron, informing him of his intent to bring forth a new Golden Age for the Necron Empire, while he quite strictly informed Mithrahc that the ancient Codes of Battle were still in place.

Last edited by Jason_kharo; 06-10-13 at 09:05 PM.
post #7 of 162 (permalink) Old 06-09-13, 03:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Good to see you giving this area another go Serp, will definitely be keeping an eye out.

In regards to the Tachyon Arrow, perhaps give it a recharge time only you, the GM, are aware of (the player only knowing that there is a recharge time)?

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #8 of 162 (permalink) Old 06-10-13, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_kharo View Post
Character Sheet
I like your sheet, but your history needs to change. The awakening of this Tomb has already been written and your character arrives after this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
Good to see you giving this area another go Serp, will definitely be keeping an eye out.
Couldn't keep myself away much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
In regards to the Tachyon Arrow, perhaps give it a recharge time only you, the GM, are aware of (the player only knowing that there is a recharge time)?
Having a vague understanding of how necron technology is powered and considering the rules of the tachyon arrow, this was pretty close to my line of thinking. However I also wanted to make allowances for other possible recharge points so I hadn't set anything in stone just yet.

post #9 of 162 (permalink) Old 06-10-13, 12:11 AM
Jason_kharo's Flag is: United Kingdom

Edited, hope that's all right.
post #10 of 162 (permalink) Old 06-10-13, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_kharo View Post
Edited, hope that's all right.
It will work, thank you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode