Tales of the Eighth Legion. Recruitment Thread. - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 372 (permalink) Old 06-22-13, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Decided to go with something along the lines of Xandrek narrating it until obviously the final battle at the end of the roleplay which means he wont be narrating that part. Hope you have enough information in your characters part to get something posted up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 372 (permalink) Old 06-22-13, 06:43 PM
Banned

Romero's Own's Flag is: Scotland

The narration works really well in my opinion, it gives a more interesting feel, so that's a thumbs up from me. And I can work something out with SoA to get enough from the information so don't worry about that.

The Silent Lions Chapter

Winter Falls

Darkness

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
post #53 of 372 (permalink) Old 06-22-13, 09:06 PM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Holy hell. That's one of the best opening action threads that I've seen.

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Last edited by Deus Mortis; 06-22-13 at 09:33 PM.

post #54 of 372 (permalink) Old 06-22-13, 10:06 PM
Jason_kharo's Flag is: United Kingdom

Crazily epic, rep you for!
post #55 of 372 (permalink) Old 06-22-13, 10:07 PM

Definitely an epic intro to this tale. Well done good sir.

post #56 of 372 (permalink) Old 06-22-13, 10:57 PM

son of azurman's Flag is: Scotland

do me and romero have knicknames by the way cause if so we can add them to the dialogue we have worked out. as an insult my guy calls him scrap head but its not very imaginative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
If an immovable object is struck by an unstoppable force, how many potatoes will fit in the jelly mould?
Renegades 9:flesh is weak
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=122389

Eldrad Ulthran:
"He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it."

inquisitor czevak:
"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."

Last edited by son of azurman; 06-22-13 at 11:01 PM.
post #57 of 372 (permalink) Old 06-22-13, 11:58 PM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

I think if you had nick-names given by Xandrek revan would have said. But, you could probably call each other whatever you like, but check with revan on that one.

Just as a thought though, as an insult you could call him "Bright-eyes". Just because 1. He's got one bionic eye 2. Having black eyes is a signature of being a gene-child of Konrad Curze, and so for Var to not have them would imply he was essential a bastard son of the legion and thus did not belong. Just a thought...

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Quote:
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
post #58 of 372 (permalink) Old 06-23-13, 01:44 AM
Jason_kharo's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hope that post is all right, if not, please do tell and I'll fix it ASAP.
post #59 of 372 (permalink) Old 06-23-13, 10:00 AM
Reaper of Souls

Santaire's Flag is: United Kingdom

When would Sevetar ever even take notice of Zhasal? He's a member of a First Claw sure, but Sevetar is first captain. He only cares about other captains and his own company, not other people's First Claws. And when would he fight Lucius, their legions don't get on and are almost never in the same Battle Theatre to my knowledge. Plus Zhasal wouldn't stand a chance against Lucius, after the death of Nykona and the Primarchs he is quite possibly the most deadly swordsman in the galaxy. As to the World Eater, Delvarus, the only way you could have beaten him is if he never touched you with his hammer which I find hard to believe. And there is nothing in his bio that explains such skill.

If he would probably lose to Azrael, he has no chance against Lucius and probably none against Delvarus either because Azrael would lose to Lucius without question and would probably find it incredibly difficult to land any blows on the Emperor's Child and if Delvarus hit Azrael with his hammer the fight would be over. Also Azrael would lose to Sevatar's champion most likely so there's another issue right there. There are probably thousands of Night Lords who are excellent combatants and every champion of the nearly 1000 companies will probably be close to matching Azrael if not equal him and some will even better him.

With all that, how on earth do you expect Zhasal can only be beaten by three Night Lords and can go on to best the greatest swordsman in the galaxy and the most dangerous World Eater? While still being unable to beat Azrael?

We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment - and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly.
Flemeth

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Last edited by Santaire; 06-23-13 at 10:02 AM.
post #60 of 372 (permalink) Old 06-23-13, 09:10 PM

Sorry (not sorry) for the 2000+ word post. Hopefully it's good and you all enjoy it. I just wanted to give Veptus a good opening and give you all an insight into his character.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode