[Action] Darkness, a Conquest Roleplay - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 179 (permalink) Old 04-01-13, 02:22 AM

Marshal Ragnar's Flag is: USA

Emperor Octavion sat behind his large desk in his office again reading more reports from around the Empire. It had been a quit season in the Empire and the reports were short and filled with mainly mundane items. The report that did catch his attention and brought a smile to his face was from his diplomatic corp reporting on the Guyer.

The report read,

"Your Highness,

It is with great pleasure and delight that I report to you that we have met an agreement with the Guyor people. They have agreed to join our Empire and and become Imperial Citizens. I will report fully on my return.

Your Faithful Servant.

Diplomatic Actions
Emissaries sent to; The Pure, The Great Trade Republic, and Kogan-sol offering trade agreements and preferential trade.

Other Actions
Territory 39-Train Magi
Territory 41- Research Steam Engine
Territory 42- Train Heavy Infantry
Territory 65- Train Heavy Infantry

(OOC) - sorry for the short and lame post. Really busy week and had to do it on my phone.

Check out my Angels of Retribution fluff!! All c&c is welcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 179 (permalink) Old 04-01-13, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Romero's Own's Flag is: Scotland

Winter 1243

As the cold tendrils of winter consume the land so too do the dark shadows of the Darkness draw ever nearer. Reports tell of great armies amassing from the shadows, waiting upon the border with the living, ready to wash over their lands like a wave, bringing death and destruction to all and showing no pity or mercy.

But the nations continue to war among themselves, slaying innocents in the name of a long forgotten crime. However there is hope. Grand markets are rising in the great cities of the land, eternal symbols of friendship and trust between nations. But even as the first caravans set off for distant lands the thing that many feared comes to pass.

The hopes of safety to the West was a lie. Reports come in the Megant, the powerful nation that sat on far western shores has fallen almost overnight. Now the Shadow rests not only to the East but also to the West. It seems there is no escape, there is only survival.

Maybe it is this new information, or the wars tearing apart the continent, but something has lit the fire and now ideas and creations are sweeping across the land. They say it is a new golden age of technology, but is it a golden age for a new Alliance?

New Traits

Tech traits

Pistols: The recent boom in the creation of Arquebuses has led to some of the greatest minds in all the nations seeking to improve their design. The pistol is smaller and more mobile, sacrificing power for a higher rate of fire.

Flight: People have always looked upon the birds with envy, desiring to fly as they do. This desire has fueled the ambitions of great inventors for thousands of years, even before the Shadow came across the land. And now the desire is almost within grasp.

Magic Traits (Elemental/Divine/Necromancy)

Enchantment: The Magi of the lands have learnt to call upon the spirits of magic itself, commanding them softly and pouring their power into the weapons and armor of their nation. This power grants greater strength and toughness, allowing the soldiers to fight harder and for longer.

Air-Bending: The magic of flight, of soaring like an eagle in the sky, has long been a dream of the Magi. And now, after hundreds of thousands of years, they have finally succeeded in possessing the magic to lift themselves and other objects into the sky.

New Buildings

Training Hall: This great imposing structure is a place of combat above all else. Here the veterans of long wars can pour their knowledge and experience into the fresh recruits, not only honing their skills but also preparing them for the horrors of the battlefield. (It only takes one turn to train Elite troops)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HO Map for JB.jpg (201.4 KB, 32 views)

The Silent Lions Chapter

Winter Falls

Darkness

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
post #33 of 179 (permalink) Old 04-04-13, 06:07 PM
Septok's Flag is: England

Default Salthiusar (18): Turn 4, Winter of 17th Era 64

1st of Sunken Sun, 17th Era 64 (Common: 1243)

The winter had not been quiet, as had been expected. The Founding Festival was still going strong, but was not this day’s focus: for it was New Year’s Day, when all would enjoy some time at leisure to feast with family and friends, invariably spending the whole time talking about current affairs and the latest books.

More importantly, a new breakthrough had been made. Despite the ability to hover, which they had possessed for several eras, none in Salthiusar could yet fly, because none could figure out the problem of mass – until now. One of Calleis’ old apprentices, now the leading professor of Vental Magic in the School of Wizardry, had figured out how to temporarily stop bones feeling the effects of downwards force. And now, flight was more than just a dream.

However, it was not all good news. War was coming, however it would: the east was soon to be battered by the Shadow, and Megant, the western country across the sea, had fallen to the Shadow. If it could cross the sea, there was nothing left that would stop its pincer movement, and the destruction of the civilised nations. Of course, none in Salthiusar cared at all for the heathens who were prone to unprovoked attack. Even fewer cared for the affairs of war at all.

---

3rd of Sunken Sun, 17th Era 64 (Common: 1243)

“Send the letters, Slaér.” Irèsp commanded. “I don’t want to fall to the Shadow, and neither do you. There is strength in numbers, you know that.”
“I never disagreed with you.” Slaér responded. “However, perhaps it would be better if we were to check if the Shadow can cross that great body of water.”

“Oh, it will, and you should worry. Dispatch the letters and a small team of Guardians to spy on the Shadow, but keep them away from the Shadow’s land. Make sure they return by next season. I don’t want to be responsible for their deaths.”

Nodding, Slaér set about his task, walking from the great citadel with haste. Within the hour, all had been sent, and training continued.

---

14th of Sunken Sun, 17th Era 64 (Common: 1243)

“This is spectacular!” Cried Calleis as he swept through the sky, flying above the city. Landing, he continued. “However did you find how to do this?”
“Well, I just really thought about it.” Replied Eutyl. “Instead of just generating upwards force, why not remove downwards force as well? We’ve known the rest, theoretically, for a long time.”

“We really must get this to Irèsp. I’m sure he’ll be eager to get this to the Guardians. I know I’m eager to get this taught to our mages! Anyway, this was no more than a flying visit, so I must disappear. Farewell!”

With that, Calleis twisted and warped to his study. It was an ornate place, with crystalline shelves supporting various alchemical, chemical, magical and interesting apparatus adorning them. They all looked as if they were the most expensive heirloom of a rich family, and he owned them all. His pet cat was sitting on the study’s windowsill, basking in the uncharacteristic sunlight of the day. Across the room, to the right of the double doors, his latest experiment was bubbling merrily: living water. His hypothesis was that, by dissolving stardust in water, it would be possible to hold enough magic in it to animate it, free from the support of a mage. It was ambitious, and had been troubling mages for thousands upon thousands of years.

Irèsp had already had the training application form delivered, much to Calleis’ delight. He quickly animated his quill, and had it scribble the necessary details in. Soon, it was ready to send. So he folded it magically and sent it through the window, destined for Irèsp’s study.

---------------------------

Summary:
-Alliance proposition is sent to western nations (done by PM);
-Small team of Guardians is sent to spy on the Shadow’s troop movements in the southern of Megant’s old islands. They will reside offshore, cloaked and capable of fleeing. Kerin-Curan is requested to offer them the chance to travel back and forth between sea square 67 and province 8. They will send reports back monthly to Province 18 (Salthiusar);
-Air-Bending studied in the School of Magic, Province 18.

Last edited by Septok; 04-04-13 at 06:10 PM.

post #34 of 179 (permalink) Old 04-05-13, 07:44 PM

Malochai's Flag is: United Kingdom

Prince Farin was sat opposite his father in the King’s study, pondering the letter they had received from Salthiusar. The proposed alliance was strong ... Stronger than either wanted as an enemy.

“We shall join ... But I refuse to send our soldiers away, or let them have any influence within our borders. Beyond that, they shall have no influence over my lands. The lands we have successfully ruled for the last five millennia.” The King’s voice was grave. Farin looked up, face full of concern.

“Do not allow yourself to feel pressured into this.” He said, brow furrowing even further.

“I am not ... I am just old and tiring, my son. But regardless, I must serve Kerin-Curan as I have since my own father died, tired or not. Your brother shall be our emissary to Salthiusar. This is the end of the discussion.”

--------------------------

Guild-Master Snorri Snorrisson bristled with pride. His invention was complete, and he had finished the commission of an Arquebus for the king and each of his sons. Looking down the scope, the Engineer grinned, splitting his greying beard with a toothy grin.

“Send a runner to the King. It is finished.” His steward nodded and backed out of the door. The genius dwarf had not long ago had a flash of inspiration, and was already working on his next project. He sighed. The King would not be happy ... Initially. He shook his head; when Gandogar realised the implications he would be much happier.

“Son! Prepare the Hall. I’ll be needing space. Organise the Clan. We are to be focussed. I need to finish this quickly, or else the King may not give us his patronage. Hurry.”

--------------------------

Action:
-Province 12 - Research Flight
-Province 11 - Build 100 Ironclads (Turn 2)
-Province 7 -Train 1000 Heavy Infantry (Turn 2)

Diplomacy:
-Prince Lueran sent to Salthiusar to join ‘Alliance of the West’

Military Positioning:
Province 12 -
Conscripts - 100,000
23,000 Heavy Infantry
25,000 Crossbowmen
49,000 Heavy Cavalry
498 Magi
500 Artillery

Province 11 -
Conscripts - 100,000
25,000 Heavy Infantry
25,000 Crossbowmen
49,000 Heavy Cavalry
500 Magi
500 Artillery

Province 7 -
2 Magi
2000 Heavy Infantry

Naval Positioning:
77, 78, 87, 90, 91, 92 - 100 Ironclads each
76 - 300 Ironclads
86 - 100 Ironclads
79 - 200 Ships

Malochai von Carstein; Terror of Hunger Wood, Lord of Lichenhof Tower

Roleplay Characters
The Darkness - Conquest: Kerin-Curan
Darkness - Traditional: Glaïmbar Bokkadsson
Age of Dragons: Endras Amlugon
post #35 of 179 (permalink) Old 04-08-13, 01:19 PM
Reaper of Souls

Santaire's Flag is: United Kingdom

Moiraire

“Do not hinder the Light, for only those who are in league with the Shadow detest the Light, we know full well of the extent of your power, and we fear not the armies of Esterwynne, but we do not wish to fight some who have proven themselves so well against the Shadow, and upon this ground, we offer help against the enemy at your border, and an agreement of peace between two Nations intent on the destruction of The Shadow.”

The emissary from the Pure stood calmly in the neutral ground that had been chosen for the meeting. I stood with arms folded, my robes swirling in the wind. “You do not fear us. I understand that for we have been severely weakened in the fight against the Shadow.” These words had been spoken calmly and without any trace of emotion but then I strode forward and allowed the magic to flow through me. The Pure emissary took a step back and fear flashed over his previously indifferent face.

“You disgust me,” I said in a voice made unearthly by the power flowing through my veins. “Your nation assaulted the Robualy for no reason; you care not for justifying your actions. You assume you have the right to rule this world simply because you are ruled by a self proclaimed divine being. You claim you have created a perfect society but I know what you do to those who question you. It was my curse to be captured by a Pure crusade when I was seeking knowledge of the Gods or God. When I was a captive of your nation I received a quick a lesson in the nature of religion. It breeds hatred and fanaticism in normal people and leads to nothing but pain. You are unafraid of us? I tell you here and now that we have no fear of you, all I feel for your nation is disgust. Go and tell your immortal lord everything I said here today, tell him it word for word. The Pure will give us justification for their attack on Robualy or you will regret having crossed us. You may win the war that will follow, but you will have opened yourself to the Shadow and believe me, the Liches will not hesitate to strike at the gap in your defence.”

“I have heard the Pure boast of how they held the Shadow for long enough for the Alliance to muster its armies, yet I ask you why it is that you still possess the strength to attack Robualy and conquer a sizable portion of their land within a few days. You do not fear our armies? That is because they were decimated holding back the Shadow. We lost far more than you could ever understand. We have nothing left to lose. Do not threaten us. We cannot be threatened. Do not offer us anything. We cannot be bribed. Esterwynne has suffered enough from our fellow humans. How can you see this as a time to gather new lands? If you are to fight, fight the foe that threatens us all. Fight the Shadow.”

I released the magic then spoke calmly. “The Pure will explain their actions against Robualy; if those actions are unjustified they will withdraw their forces from Robualy lands. As an act of faith we will withdraw our forces also. Attack us if you will but know this, even should you destroy us, the Shadow will destroy you. We will fight the Shadow, with or without you though if you assist us you will have our gratitude and our support if you are ever attacked. You will convey these terms to your ruler.”

Lan Halfelven

“She handled that well don’t you think?” Matrim asked me.

“Better than I would have,” I said grimly. “But I fear the Pure will refuse to justify and will attack us anyway. They are religious fanatics and we are atheists.” I was already counting the casualties we would suffer in a war with the Pure and the result was depressingly high. Matrim rested a hand on my shoulder. “We won’t fight my friend, the Pure may be fanatics but they’re rational fanatics, they know they can’t afford to fight us, that fighting us will weaken them enough for the Shadow to cut through them like a knife through butter.”

Moiraire

“We have done it Moiraire; we have discovered the lost art of flight.”

The words were spoken excitedly and with great haste and I looked around myself, seeing no one. Then I looked up and saw Ran floating above me. I smiled. It had to have been Ran. He was Elven like me, though far older and a slightly less powerful. He had been searching for the art of flight for centuries, since before I was born and to have found it had his face alight with childish glee. “Well?” I asked. “How is it done?”

He smiled to be able to talk about it. “It’s quite simple really, I always tried to increase upwards force but always found downwards force increased at the same time. Our friends in Salthiusar discovered it a few days ago and it appears that it is easier to simply remove the downwards force. I thought that was a bit unreliable though and then it occurred to me that we always focussed air magic towards a target to affect them. I thought that we could simply focus the magic around ourselves. And it works. Try it, try it Moiraire.”

His voice was filled with childish glee. I smiled and tried what he had said. I felt nothing at first and started to tell him. Then my feet lifted off the floor. I smiled and began to laugh...

Summary
Sentinels being trained in 49
Training Hall construction begins in 55
Air Bending researched in 56
Emissary from Pure given ultimatum and sent back to the Pure

We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment - and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly.
— Flemeth

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
post #36 of 179 (permalink) Old 04-08-13, 04:26 PM

“Mass the armies! Empty the holds! Let the gears of industry sound our call to war!!! This is an insult we cannot abide, and nor shall we! ” The Lord, Master of the Light and Defender of The White Keep raged within his cavernous throne room, “We offered them peace! We offered them friendship and respect! And the spit on our gift and insult our honour!”
The priests in the room, all of the 9th enlightening or higher, cowered before the rage of their Lord and God.
“My Lord… May I offer an view upon this situation, from the view of a mortal my Lord?”
This comment came from Elhokar, another member of the Council of Twelve.
“Speak my son, and fear not my anger, for it is not directed at you”
“These men and mages of Esterwynne, they are a people weakened by the constant pressure of the shadow, and bitter at the loss of the lives of their people”
“This was the purpose of our offer of peace, to help those who have done much to thwart the shadow! But these fools are too stuck in grief to see the right of our offer!”
“As that may be my Lord, we cannot allow such people to provoke us to the point of making a move that may very well end with the loss of our people! Rather, we should help such allies in any way we can”
“Do you not remember the reason for our attack of the Robualy? They showed signs of the taint! We destroyed much, but still they remain, and the very people we intend to help are protecting the ones who well but a blade in their ribs! I will not be bullied into compromising the safety of our, and all Light loving people!”
“As you say my Lord, but can we not rather peruse our goals in a manner… Less provocative?”
“Careful Elhokar, I give you much freedom, but do not forget your place. We will push our industries in preparation for war, this is my final word, and my word is LAW!”
“Yes, my Lord”

Diplomatic Action
-none
Military Action
-none
Industrial Action
Construction of Training Hall in all provinces

Last edited by Alexander_Millar; 04-08-13 at 05:00 PM.
post #37 of 179 (permalink) Old 04-08-13, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Romero's Own's Flag is: Scotland

Spring 1244

The new season is often associated with life. But upon the plains and hills of Kolnur the new season brings only death.

The news of the fall of Puplori to the combined armies of Kogan-Sul and The Great Trade Republic spreads quickly to all the nations where it is met with mixed feelings. Some nations are glad of the news, for they too were insulted by the Puplori. And yet the more wary and suspicious rulers fear the damage the combined armies could inflict across the rest of Kolnur. Puplori was a powerful nation, in fact it took near a year to bring it to it's knees. Any alliance that could bring it down would only come out stronger from the ordeal, and more hungry for war. Where next would they look for it?

Across the land wars have largely ceased, although there is a great feeling of tension towards the Pure as The Republic of Esterwynne and Anicea both displaying open resentment to the nation's apparently unwarranted attack on the kingdom of Robualy. Each knows the other to be powerful in it's own right and so holds back from an open war, although one spark could set the entirety of Kolnur burning.

A alliance has been forged behind closed doors, an alliance known only as the Alliance of the West, powerful nations that have banded together to face a common enemy. The Shadow rests across the water for now, but no-one can tell when it will cross and strike against the surviving nations of Kolnur as it has in the East. The Alliance of the West plan to be ready to repel the Darkness when that day comes. Although many question if it will be enough to stop the army that destroyed Megant so quickly.

In the East the forces of Darkness that had been gathering just beyond the borders of the Eastern nations struck against the lands of Kolnur. Blood was spilled and lives were sold but the East held. It was at a great cost that the Shadow was knocked back and perhaps it will be enough to unite the surviving nations of Kolnur for although the Darkness was beaten it will come again, and when it does it will be stronger and know more of Kolnur's ways of war.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HO Map for JB.jpg (200.0 KB, 18 views)

The Silent Lions Chapter

Winter Falls

Darkness

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Last edited by Romero's Own; 05-15-13 at 07:09 AM.
post #38 of 179 (permalink) Old 04-09-13, 12:26 PM

Malochai's Flag is: United Kingdom

“Tell the King I am working on it. I have a prototype, I just need to make sure it’s safe.” Snorri Snorrisson told the King’s messenger, before using the steam lift he had invented years before to rise to the top of the cliff. It was noisy, and hot, but working quickly enough. Faster than walking, at any rate, the dwarf thought.

When he reached the fresh air, the Guild-Lord looked up and saw the latest prototype of his newest creation ... The Dirigible. It was based on a normal ship, painstakingly built atop the cliff, but had a large balloon atop of it and masts coming from both port and starboard sides of the hull, attached to protrusions coming from the top of the balloon via ropes as strong as steel - masts which went all the way through the balloon, kept gas-tight by some creation of Snorri’s.

There were a number of sailors aboard, all human apart from Captain Jugar, who was stood on the aft castle, hands on the basic wooden railing. His face showed disgust; the dirigible was little more than a shell, and it’s sheer baseness repelled him. Snorri smiled. ‘Ahh, dwarven expectations ...’ he thought.

----------------------

The Guild-Lord raged silently as he descended to his bed. His calculations were off, and he felt he should have known ... Had to have known. Calming as he stalked the cool halls of the Guild Hall, he thought he would just have to work harder ... And it was probably a good thing that the prototype hadn’t had as much work put into it as Jugar would have liked. It would have been such a waste, seeing as it didn’t get higher than thirty feet and the hull cracked as it landed due to his mistakes.

Luckily, only minor injuries had been sustained. ‘And it will work next time,’ he thought sourly.

----------------------

Action:
-Province 12 - Research Flight (Turn 2)
-Province 11 - Build Training Hall
-Province 7 - Build Training Hall

-100 Ironclads each (just built) move to Sea Province 70

Diplomacy:
-None

Military Positioning:
Province 12 -
Conscripts - 100,000
23,000 Heavy Infantry
25,000 Crossbowmen
49,000 Heavy Cavalry
498 Magi
500 Artillery

Province 11 -
Conscripts - 100,000
25,000 Heavy Infantry
25,000 Crossbowmen
49,000 Heavy Cavalry
500 Magi
500 Artillery

Province 7 -
2 Magi
3000 Heavy Infantry

Naval Positioning:
77, 78, 87, 90, 91, 92 - 100 Ironclads each
76 - 300 Ironclads
86 - 100 Ironclads
79 - 200 Ships
70 - 100 Ironclads

Malochai von Carstein; Terror of Hunger Wood, Lord of Lichenhof Tower

Roleplay Characters
The Darkness - Conquest: Kerin-Curan
Darkness - Traditional: Glaïmbar Bokkadsson
Age of Dragons: Endras Amlugon
post #39 of 179 (permalink) Old 04-11-13, 09:34 AM
Septok's Flag is: England

Default Salthiusar (18): Turn 5, Spring of 17th Era 64 (Common: 1244)

28th of Breaking Cold, 17th Era 64 (Common: 1244)

Irèsp watched the icicle outside his study’s window drip water. It had been a warm winter, for the most part, but the snow was insistent, falling towards the end of Thaw, and even into Breaking Cold. Typical. But there were more pressing matters.

For the first time in the nation’s history, the public had asked for an update on military affairs. He had to mastermind it, watching the report come together – Slaér helming the actual military parts, Calleis on the destructive spells which had recently come onto the curriculum in the Arcane University (which many may have need of learning in the future), and, of course, himself handling foreign affairs.

The past year has been an unsettled one. The Shadow, an army of undead raised by the Lich Deknar’Thuul, has been getting agitated, and many nations fear they will soon be overwhelmed. Border provinces to the east have reported many losses to the Shadow, and Megant, the nation far to the west, across the water, has been overrun. In an attempt to stop it, we have formed the Alliance of the West with many of the nations nearby, to repel any of the Shadow’s forces that come close. The same forces may, if it becomes that they can crush the hordes of the dead without significant numbers of casualties, may travel across the sea to counter the Shadow on foreign soil.

Of the other nations, we are on good terms with nearly all of them, and all of our neighbours. The nations of Ruobaly and Puplori have come under attack, the former by the religious Pure, and the latter by an alliance from two southern nations. Most nations are uneasy of the Pure’s intentions – I myself oppose their course of action entirely – as they appear to have attacked on purely religious grounds. The Puplori, however, have been extremely hostile to many nations, and I feel their suppression will pay dividends when and if the Shadow reaches nearby borders.

He was pleased with the report. The people had their rights to know, and he felt it was enough.

---

30th of Breaking Cold, 17th Era 64 (Common: 1244)

The piles and piles of report scrolls were a tad unnerving. The report had been posted all around the city, but each institution was to receive several each for their researchers to borrow for reading at leisure. When the mage team assigned to send them off arrived, Irèsp’s relief was quite audible. When his study was clear, and he had thanked the mages, he got back to what he should have been doing: having a look at this blade.

It was a strange little object, sitting seemingly inert on his desk. However, he knew that to not be the case. For safekeeping, he kept it on a soft cloth, and donned his alchemical gloves to handle it. This blade had been used for the sacrifice of many a man by a cult that existed hundreds of years ago. This blade, however, was still as potent as the day it was enchanted – possibly even strengthening. This was strange, considering most weapon enchantment eventually wore off, by time, lack of magic, or overuse.

The blade itself was iron, dark and ornately detailed. In the blade’s many depressions ran streams of red magic, likely infused with some (or even made of) blood. When the merchant who he had obtained it off had found it, the man reportedly began to bleed from his palm into the blade when he held it, the blade drawing the blood into the crevices and making them stain red again. Of course, the man knew magi were interested in this kind of thing, and saw a profit to be made.

Irèsp walked over to the demon spider he had summoned in a cage, and ran the blade into it. The spider’s black blood was taken into the crags, blackening parts until it diffused about the streams, dying them a darker shade of red. The demon was soon banished, and likely very angry at Irèsp for that. As he placed the blade back on its cloth, the doors pushed open by magic and Calleis walked in. He hailed Irèsp:

“Ah, the blade! Dalàth keeps calling it the Blade of Mourgior, apparently one of his apprentices is studying magical artefacts and it’s quite well-known among collectors. Colour me surprised neither of us recognised it!”

“Strange,” Irèsp replied. “It definitely takes blood into the crags – demon blood included, as you can see from the ash pile in the cage. The enchantment’s not been weakened by it at all, either. It may have even been empowered by it.”

“Now that sounds like something we could use. To me, it sounds like the enchantment is fed by blood, and probably activates something catastrophic when it gets enough blood. Are we going to lock it away in the deepest hole we have, or should we continue tests?”

“Test it. If we can figure out how to make a self-sustaining enchantment, the Guardians will have quite the easier job defending us. We owe it to Slaér; he’s been going full-pelt for months now. Once the Shadow gets us, we might lose it all, but I’m confident we can shift it if we can just get everyone to stop fighting. Too much to lose by just locking it up. We can deal with almost anything insane it does with enough blood. Just don’t let anyone clumsy near it.”

“Oh, I would never dream of it!” Calleis accepted the blade, now wrapped in the cloth. “I might even head the research team… I haven’t done that for so long. Farewell!”

“And to the next.” Irèsp finished, as Calleis simply teleported off. He was quite annoyed that Calleis wouldn’t teach him how to teleport accurately without any nodes, but it wasn’t all that bad. The Guardians would be happy with this.
Summary:
----------------------------------------------
-The populace of Salthiusar are made aware of the threats about, and are prepared to fight should the need arise;

Last edited by Septok; 04-11-13 at 08:00 PM.
post #40 of 179 (permalink) Old 04-14-13, 07:00 AM

Therizza's Flag is: USA

Alawat Khan, bedecked in his full battle regalia and surrounded by his personal bodyguard of armored horsemen strode out before the gathering horde. His steed huffed and snorted as its hooves tore at the ground but the Khan controlled the beast. Halting his cohort, he turned to face the mass of humanity before him. The men had feasted well after their conquest of the city, though the Khan forbade loot and pillage, as these new lands were to be brought into the fold peaceably. Some of the conquered Puplori even volunteered to join their new leaders army, as they knew full well the weight of the Shadow pressing from all sides.

Taking his helm in one hand, the Khan spoke: "Men of Kogan-Sul! We have been victorious here! Though we lost many a good man, the wickedness of the Puplori is no more!" The Khan paused for effect as his army bellowed in applause, sword and spear struck upon shield in the glorious cacophony of his war machine. "Those of you who have decided to join us in the battle with the Shadow in the East, I salute you. You are made of better stuff than the rest! We will make horse-men of you yet!" Again, the throng roared its approval. "Rest assured, we will conquer the Shadow! They are weak, where we are strong! A thousand-thousand hooves will trample them to dust and send them back from whence they came!" The roars were deafening even as the Khan replaced his helm over his plaited hair.

The Khan issued the order, and the vanquishing contingent of the Northern Expedition made its way back to the shadow of Mount Kogan. Riders were dispatched to rally the other forces, and they would rendezvous in Kogan-sul to resupply before beginning the transit of the Republic's lands to the front with the Shadow. Mafis had informed the Khan by correspondence that additional troops were constantly being readied for the coming battle, and the construction of new Training Halls was underway in all of the provinces.

Troop Movements:
15,463 Heavy Infantry from 26 to 28
12,908 Artillery to from 26 to 28
90,474 Heavy Cavalry from 25/26 to 28
40,000 Archers from 25/26 to 28
95,642 Light Cavalry from 25/26 to 28
185,000 Conscripts from 25/26 to 28

Construction:
Training Halls 25,26, 27, 28, 29

Recruitment:
1000 Heavy Cavalry 25,26, 27
1000 Heavy Infantry 28, 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putch. View Post
All I can say is holy meltafuck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
a massive mess of incorrect information and patrotic [email protected]$%s wiggling.
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...81#post1273781

Last edited by Therizza; 04-14-13 at 07:03 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode