[Action] Darkness, a Conquest Roleplay - Page 16 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 179 (permalink) Old 11-24-13, 04:42 AM

Therizza's Flag is: USA

Recruit 1000 artillery in all province.

(Will update tomorrow)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putch. View Post
All I can say is holy meltafuck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
a massive mess of incorrect information and patrotic [email protected]$%s wiggling.
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...81#post1273781
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 179 (permalink) Old 11-24-13, 01:30 PM

Yru0's Flag is: Australia

-642 Huscarls
-1,236 Heavy Infantry
-289 Artillery
-1,045 Arquebussers.
From Province 66 to 68.

-735 Huscarls
-7,136 Heavy Infantry
-46 Artillery
-112 Mechanical Walkers
-737 Arquebussers.
-2 Interceptor Dirigibles
From Province 67 to 68

1,000 Huscarls trained in provinces 66,67,68,37.

Training Halls built in Provinces 36 and 39.

The Summer of 1248, 2nd of the Risen Sun. The date for when the evacuation of Anicea abandoned all pretences of stealth, the sheer volume of movement occurring on the North Sea impossible to be hidden from the Shadow for any longer. In a single co-ordinated action, the Anicean Navy and the Kogan-Sul air forces launched strikes against Shadow vessels all across the gulf. The sudden and brutal offensive managed to beat back the Lich’s followers, who had grown complacent in their dominance of the shipping lanes. The pirates and brigands were scattered, no match for the combined forces of the two Empires, and the narrow corridor came into focus. Every vessel that could float was sent out to sea, laden down with terrified refugees as they ran the harrowing gauntlet between the Shadow infested waters. For a few days, there was little opposition and as hold after hold of Aniceans landed in Kogan-Sul, many questioned whether such desperate measures had truly been necessary, with some vocally calling for the cancelling of the evacuation. On the 21st of the Risen Sun, the Shadow launched its retaliation. Gone were the weak-willed pirates who sought to profit from the chaos the Shadow left in its wake, replaced by foul creatures of the deep with tentacles the width of an Ironclad, and entire fleets of dark craft crewed by strangers from beyond the edge of Kolnur. Tens of hundreds, if not thousands, of craft became embroiled in battle. The month of the Risen Sun being remembered in infamy for the thick fog that descended upon the coastal regions of North Kolnur. The smoke of a hundred burning wrecks and ten thousand cannon reducing visibility to mere metres. Ironclads duelled so close that cannoneers could see the white’s in their foes’ eyes, and dirigibles flew just above the water, dodging the highest of the waves to see their targets, whilst entire squadrons did battle with Kraken and monster. The deep reverberations of thundering shell mingled with the cries of dying men, an anthem of death that could be heard across the sea.

Meanwhile, King Elfire prepared to make his stand, as the troops of the once mighty Anicean army march across the once beautiful land, ready to make the Shadow pay dearly for every inch of their home which falls beneath its tide. Such did begin the last days of Anicea.

Chaos Marine - "Where's your god Emperor now!?"
Loyal Astartes - "Right Behind you...."
Chaos Marine - *Turns around*
Chuck Norris with a Powerfist - "FALCON PUNCH!"
post #153 of 179 (permalink) Old 11-25-13, 05:50 AM
HOGGLORD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Location: That place, you know. That place you went to that one time, surely you remember?

The newly promoted Sireguard Captain Valark stood stiffly to attention, alongside a few hundred other officers, these were essentially all that remained. The number of men an officer commanded had increased almost tenfold.

Despite this crisis, Valark and the rest of the officers were called from the front to attend the ceremony, the funeral of Lord Hibracht.

Soldiers marched down the long streets in colossal columns. Parades played a piteous dirge as the marched down the streets of the Evermarket. Thousands of onlookers watched sadly as the coffin, adorned with exact and beautiful heraldry, was carried along the road. Over five thousand men were in the parade, but it was a poor reflection of past events. Every spare man was at war, even this procession marched in full battle plate, none of their ceremonial gear. They needed to be ready at a moment's notice.

The procession marched past Valark and he fell in at a smart march, ignoring the pain from his newly sown up wounds. The officers marched down the road towards the mighty central palace.

The sombre party hauled the coffin through the huge doors. Valark glanced up to see, way above on a balcony, was Lord Baggro and a thin figure standing behind him. Mirador. Valark’s teeth gritted. He forced his eyes front, marching at the front of the procession and halting smartly, saluting as the king’s body was taken into the crypts, to join all those who had held his office for so many dozens of generations.

As the huge wooden doors swung closed, a man called out. “At ease and return to your posts!”

Valark filed away, alongside the dozens of other officers. But as most travelled towards the stables, where a navy of wagons were ready to take them back to the front, Valark headed to the palace. He slipped through a side door and climbed a dozen flights of stairs, nodding to the heavily armored guards, who smartly saluted as he passed. He noticed that each was wielding newly-designed halberds, much wider and heavier bladed, but much less ornate. Each also had a pistol holstered at their sides. They were getting ready for combat, bit by bit.

He pushed open the doors into the courtroom, where Mirador and Lord Baggro sat. They turned to see him.

“Captain, how good to see you.” Said Baggro gravely. “If only it had been on better circumstances.”

Mirador spoke. “I trust the security has not fallen short of your expectations?”

Valark nodded curtly. He looked from Baggro to Mirador, steeled himself, then spoke.

“Milord,” He began, placing his hand upon his weapon, “I have to voice something.”

“Very well,” Baggro said, running his hand distractedly through a thin, white beard.

“I believe that Lord Mirador was responsible for the death of the Late King.” It was bad luck to name the recently dead for one season after their death.

Baggro glanced at Mirador, wide eyed. He opened his mouth, then composed himself.

“You told him?”

It felt like a hand of ice had slapped Valark. He stared in disbelief at the two lords, one a king, the other a killer.

“You, you knew?” He breathed. Mirador was talking to Baggro.

“No, Milord, I didn’t tell him. I didn’t suggest his appointment merely for his heroism at the recent tragedy, no I wanted him close. I don’t know him well enough to see if he’d start spreading rumour.”

Mirador looked Valark, dead in the eyes. They were eyes like a cat’s, watchful and cunning, but not completely devoid of emotion, there was a sadness there.

“What I did, I did for the Republic. The Late King was mad. He had a thirst for war so deep that he forced our armies to engage the Puplori, he ignored the essence of what we stand for, it was merely lucky for him that such a purely evil foe presented itself. He had been planning this war for years.”

Valark shook his head, it was too confused, the implications to far reaching to fathom.

“Captain Valark, please, trust me.” Said Mirador.

“If you don’t believe me, read this. He wrote it up, his final decree just days before his death.”

Mirador pulled a sheet of paper from his robes and handed it to Valark. Valark unrolled the paper, read and his eyes widened in shock…

OOC:
1000 Elites trained in every territory.

Last edited by HOGGLORD; 12-07-13 at 07:26 AM.

post #154 of 179 (permalink) Old 11-25-13, 09:14 PM
Reaper of Souls

Santaire's Flag is: United Kingdom

Recruit Guardians in all territories

(Will probably go into more detail later but am too tired tonight and running out of time)

We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment - and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly.
— Flemeth

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
post #155 of 179 (permalink) Old 11-26-13, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Romero's Own's Flag is: Scotland

Autumn of 1248

As the nights grow cold, the Darkness has closed in all across Kolnur, and the situation for the surviving nations is beginning to look even more dire. In these dark times, many are turning towards extreme methods in an attempt to hold back the ever encroaching Shadow.

While Kerin-Curan's armies have stayed away from their homeland, the Darkness has attacked from Province 10, and taken Province 12 in a matter of hours while none were there to defend it. Province 11 will also be undoubtedly lost unless Kerin-Curan can return her armies to her homeland.

And for Anicea, even as the great evacuation is successful thanks to the valiant efforts of the combined Anicean and Kogan-Sul's forces, the homeland that they left behind has been struck from all sides as the soldiers in Provinces 67 and 66 rush to defend Anicea's most powerful weapon, and the Provinces they left behind unguarded quickly fall to the pursuing forces of the Shadow.

For the Great Trade Republic, it seems all is lost. Province 32, what has long been the last frontier against the powerful presence of the Darkness in the East, has held, but at such a high cost that many doubt it will hold to see another Spring. Yet it holds, even though the battle-lines between the two forces have long since ceased to exist, leaving only a swirling hell of fire and war.

The horse-lords of Kogan-Sul have been struck a devastating blow as the Darkness launches another attack from the island of Province 10 and after many days of vicious and brutal war, Kogan-Sul loses her grip on Province 27. With many soldiers away fighting against the Darkness in the East, how will the horse-lords handle the threat from the West?

Esterwynne has seen the ferocity of the Darkness return, although no longer under the pinpoint precision of the Arch-Lich. Yet even without his strategy, the Shadow leaves a bloody stain upon Esterwynne's land, and although she continues to hold, Esterwynne is paying dearly.

In the far North, Salthiusar continues to research the weapon that could win the war.

Technology Traits

Rigged to Blow: Whenever you leave a Province, you can wire the towns and the very land of your abandoned homeland with explosives, triggered to detonate when the hordes of the Darkness have swarmed forwards. This will take down thousands of the Shadow's creatures.

Improved Trains: Calling upon the power of steam, and requiring hundreds of miles of rail, this new technology allows armies to travel across up to three Provinces with railways a turn, allowing your soldiers to become far more mobile. (Requires Steam Engine and Trains)

Magic Traits

Elemental

Eldritch Storm: Calling upon phenomenal amounts of power, the Mages of your nation can call upon a swirling storm of magic that obliterates all it touches. However only the most powerful can harness this power, any lesser being who tries will die within an instant. (Requires all Elemental Traits)

New Buildings

Railway: Essential for the use of the Improved Trains, these new structures cut across the war-torn lands of Kolnur like ribbons of iron.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HO Map for JB.jpg (197.4 KB, 10 views)

The Silent Lions Chapter

Winter Falls

Darkness

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
post #156 of 179 (permalink) Old 12-04-13, 05:07 PM
Septok's Flag is: England

Default Salthiusar (18): Turn 23, Autumn 17th Era 68 (Common: 1248)

9th of Redeath, 17th Era 68 (Common: 1248)

Salthiusar was quiet. The undead hordes, although always present, were staying far away from the city. The ex-dead of the Salth held the borders with the refugee forces, which were fighting hard for what was left, almost all keeping resolve to a man (well, elf/dwarf/gnome).

Irèsp had always been a quiet soul, with a cool exterior, and firm beliefs. However, he had grown surprisingly taciturn, rarely speaking to the troops and hardly ever seeing the refugee leaders, who were growing increasingly annoyed by his lack of presence. However, for most, the peace was a breath of relief. For others, it was a time to hold breath until the dead returned.

But, deep in the city, things were moving. Magic was being unlocked at an unprecedented rate: secrets of life, death and the world itself were being unlocked. But if Salthiusar seemed quiet, it was only ever the calm before the storm.

---

Summary:
-Eldritch Storm begins to be researched.

Military Positioning:
Salthisuar, 18:
-413 Guardians
-31,167 Mages

Refugee Forces:
Likome:
-147 Heavy Infantry
-1,028 Light Infantry
-329 Magi

Darkorin:
2,573 Heavy Infantry
-15,236 Heavy Cavalry
-1,642 Artillery

Skibul:
-6,137 Heavy Infantry
-2,329 Crossbowman
-1,573 Arquebussers
post #157 of 179 (permalink) Old 12-06-13, 01:32 AM

Therizza's Flag is: USA

"The province has fallen, Khan. They came from the sea..." Mafis bowed his head as he finished.

"The sea? What about those damn Dwarves? Nevermind. Fine, this should be simple. Send for reinforcements for what we lost..."

The Khan hesitated and Mafis interrupted, "Khan, we are drawing near critical figures. Soon, the war will have to end, or we will dwindle to nothing..."

The Khan spat on the ground. "I realize this, old friend. That is why, when I take the horde south, to crush the skulls of those forsaken beasts, you shall arrange to have all the provinces booby trapped. If we are to die, I want it to mean something."

Mafis took note, a smirk forming in the corner of his mouth, "I enjoy your enthusiasm, though, I pray it does not come to that."

The Khan was already leaving the tent, armour secured, helmet under his arm. As Mafis said the words, the Khan laughed aloud, the first time in a long while. Looking back he said, "no one makes it out alive, Mafis. We all have to die sometime, don't we?"

With those words the Khan was gone in a flurry of hooves and dust, off to rally what forces he could to try and repulse the enemy to the south.

-Send all available ground forces and the dirigible fleet to province 10 to repulse Shadow
-Research Rigged to Blow in all provinces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putch. View Post
All I can say is holy meltafuck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
a massive mess of incorrect information and patrotic [email protected]$%s wiggling.
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...81#post1273781
post #158 of 179 (permalink) Old 12-08-13, 12:57 PM
Reaper of Souls

Santaire's Flag is: United Kingdom

Lan Halfelven

“Some people call it a brawl, or maybe a nightmare.”

“Me? I think of battle as a dance. The dance of blades you might call it. Or the dance of death if you’re feeling melancholy. Enough people are now.”

“We stand on the brink. Of destruction or victory I know not. Perhaps we stand on the edge of both. Maybe the only way we can gain victory is through our destruction. It is a choice all men have to make. Not whether to die. Death is inevitable. But whether, in the end, there death will truly mean anything. I mean to make mine count, to write the legacy of my people in the stars. To make sure that as long as one man still stands, the forces of the Shadow will fear us. Some say the dead do not feel fear. Some say they do not know how to fear. But we will teach them what it is to fear.”

“We will teach them that they may take our lives, but they will never take our courage. We will stand against them until the last of us fall. That is what we were taught. That is who we are.”

Summary

Recruit Huscarls in all provinces
Research Eldritch Storm
Strike at Province 47 with 1,000 Sentinels, 500 Guardians and 150 Magi from Province 55, 29 Dragons from Province 45 and 500 Guardians and 1,000 Sentinels from Province 56
Strike at Province 44 with 1,000 Hoplites from Province 45 and 1,000 Sentinels and 146 Magi from Province 56

We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment - and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly.
— Flemeth

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
post #159 of 179 (permalink) Old 12-08-13, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Romero's Own's Flag is: Scotland

Winter of 1248

Winter closes in, and so too does the Shadow, as all along the frontier, the free nations of Kolnur are beaten down and left broken by a wave of forces from the Darkness.

To the West, the proud nation of Kerin-Curan, once ruling the seas and shining a beacon off hope for all those that oppose the Shadow, has all but been destroyed, with only a single island still under their control. There seems to be little hope for the surviving forces of the once thriving island nation, as the forces of the Darkness draw in all around them and leave them with no way off the island.

Anicea sees its lands upon the continent beaten and shattered, with Province 36 falling from their grasp, and the rest of the lands only just being held. And upon their homeland, the soldiers left to guard the cannon that has proved so effective against the Darkness in the prior months, feels the force of a Darkness offensive of a scale never before seen in Kolnur. It is only through the valiant actions of her armies that Anicea holds onto an of her homeland.

The Great Trade Republic is little more than a smoking husk of what it once was. As the first snows fell, the Shadow finally broke Province 32, and as the once powerful nations armies fled, the Darkness hounded them and Province 31 fell in a matter of days, and to the North Province 33 buckles and falls. Now all that remains of the Great Trade Republic is a single province already losing the fight for it's survival, filled with wailing children whose parents are dead, and silent soldiers, who have seen hell yet their bodies have survived, but not their souls.

Kogan-Sul rides forth against the Shadow that had crawled from the ocean and claimed their lands, and driven the foul creatures back into the depths with the thunder of a thousand hooves. Yet as the horse-lords ride West, the ghost garrison left in the East lose their grip upon Province 34 and Province 35 and see their lines all along the Eastern Frontier pushed back as the Darkness pushes forward.

With an almighty roar, Esterwynnes handful of surviving Dragons ride out to war as the beleaguered and surrounded nation strike out against the Shadow that has cost them so much. In a valiant effort the forces of Darkness are driven from Province 47 and the Esterwyyne flag flies triumphantly above the smoking ruins of what was once the Turokhi Capital. Yet in the East, the armies of Esterwynne that marched out against Province 44 are beaten back and sent running back to the defences where they have held for countless months.

In the far North, perhaps the final glimmering beacon of hope against the seemingly unstoppable Darkness, Salthiusar can only watch as the final refugee soldier, that fled to the crystal city after their own land was destroyed, is slain by the Shadow, leaving the City of Knowledge silent and defended only by the Mages of Salthiusar and the legendary Guardians who silently stand vigilant upon the very walls that have made them Immortal, made them know the true power that the Arch-Lich wields.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HO Map for JB.jpg (195.9 KB, 9 views)

The Silent Lions Chapter

Winter Falls

Darkness

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Last edited by Romero's Own; 12-08-13 at 07:01 PM.
post #160 of 179 (permalink) Old 12-09-13, 04:22 PM

Yru0's Flag is: Australia

Actions:

Train 100 Interceptor Dirigibles in all provinces.

-640 Heavy Infantry, 924 Arquebussers, 71 Artillery, 20 Mechanical Walkers move from province 39 to province 37.

Research: Against the Dark (Turn 2) (OOC: Just realised I never finished it...oops)

The Anicean forces on the continent maintained a tentative communication link with the forces giving their lives on what remained of the homeland, although the messages sent were limited primarily to targets for the Valbeach cannon. In spite of this, the captains of the Ironclads sent to the coast to convey these messages brought back tales of the horrific battles that now consumed the once idyllic land. Never before had an offensive of such size been launched by the Shadow across such a narrow front. Still, the Anicean armies stood resolute, suffering unimaginable casualties on the walls of the fortresses surrounding the cannon, but each soldier dragging countless denizens of the dark with them into the abyss.

With the status of King Elfire unknown to what remained of his people, the mantle of rule naturally passed on to his heir, Princess Ealmara of House Elfire, as was the laws of the land. However, in his last act as Regent, King Elfire had declared General Hokum the commander-in-chief of Anicea's forces until the immediate crisis with the Shadow had been resolved. This suited Hokum just fine. As the war with the Shadow had dragged on, claiming more and more of their humanity and countrymen, the dwarf had watched helpless as the Princess adopted more extreme views - eventually vocally supporting what were once fringe groups in the Anicean parliament. Now more than ever, Hokum knew that Kolnur needed to band together. The Aniceans were now a people without a homeland, forced to become refugees in a foreign land whilst not too long ago they had opened their own doors to those in need. The Kogan-Sul had provided all they could to the survivors of the Shadow's attack on the homeland, but the General had known from the start that things would be difficult. Even the mighty word of the Khan struggled to mobilise enough supplies for millions of new mouths to feed, especially when his own people desperately need such goods themselves. Hokum had been inundated by furious complaints from members of his populous - demanding that their status be recognised and their situation be improved - all of which he ignored. They survived. That in itself was an achievement worthy of legend. Originally, the General had hoped Anicea would be able to cling onto its holdings on the continent, but with the fall of the occupied Pure territory, the situation looked dire.
During a meeting with his closest advisors, the newly-crowned Queen notably absent, Hokum revealed his last gamble. He was a servant of the people of Anicea, but now their very land was lost to them; all that remained for the proud nation was the Navy - still strong and victorious against every offensive the Shadow had launched against it. Even in the assault on Anicea, the Shadow's forces had only made landfall by bypassing the finest of Anicea beneath the waves. All across the coastal docks of Kogan-Sul, merchants who had long since given up hopes of ever again turning a profit on their berthed vessels, found themselves approached by officials claiming to represent the Kingdom of Anicea, and who offered to purchase the craft that were wasting away at port.

Edit: Cannon fires at province 33.

Chaos Marine - "Where's your god Emperor now!?"
Loyal Astartes - "Right Behind you...."
Chaos Marine - *Turns around*
Chuck Norris with a Powerfist - "FALCON PUNCH!"

Last edited by Yru0; 12-10-13 at 12:07 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode