[Recruitment] Darkness, a Conquest Roleplay (OOC) Recruitment closed! - Page 11 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 355 (permalink) Old 03-05-13, 06:27 PM

Marshal Ragnar's Flag is: USA

I cant the the map very well on my phone, but it looks like my terretories 41 and 42 on the map are ocean areas if i am reading the post right. And I dont have boats!

and I have map sections 40, 41, and 42.

Check out my Angels of Retribution fluff!! All c&c is welcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 355 (permalink) Old 03-05-13, 06:31 PM

Yru0's Flag is: Australia

@Romero, have to ask if its possible if I can be moved off the mainland? :3 I know its a late request and that you made it clear that we should've asked you earlier, so if you say no I fully understand...just means I'll have some conquering to do to get my overseas empire

Also, I'm curious as to what all the symbols on the map mean. Are they just decorative, or to they represent cities, builidngs etc? Other than that and the issues beyond our control (as stated by others) the map looks pretty epic. :D

Edit: @Marshal, I think there's repeats of numbers. One for land and one for sea. You're middle of the mountain chain on the main landmass if I'm not mistaken.

Chaos Marine - "Where's your god Emperor now!?"
Loyal Astartes - "Right Behind you...."
Chaos Marine - *Turns around*
Chuck Norris with a Powerfist - "FALCON PUNCH!"

Last edited by Yru0; 03-05-13 at 06:35 PM.
post #103 of 355 (permalink) Old 03-05-13, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Romero's Own's Flag is: Scotland

@Yru0: I'm reworking the map as it is to make it clearer so i should be able to move you Yru0, where do you want to be?

The symbols represent the buildings. The little test tube is a Science Academy, the pair of swords hat look like scissors is a Academy of War, the cross is the Grand Cathedral and the wand with sparkles is a School of Wizardry. It just makes it easier to see what buildings are in each province.

@Marshal Ragnar: There are land numbers and sea numbers. You are in the mountain chain just as Yru0 said. Seeing as you are the only one who went for the military superpower on land approach i thought I'd give you a challenge by putting you in front of the Shadow right from the go. Hope you don't mind.

The Silent Lions Chapter

Winter Falls

Darkness

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

post #104 of 355 (permalink) Old 03-05-13, 06:53 PM
Septok's Flag is: England

I can't tell which lot I am. Am I the little 31 down at the bottom? Or 17/18/21?

Also, if I'm not already, could I have a mountain just north of me (basically inside a province)? Given Hésperion's tower is to the north inside a mountain? Sorry if it's a late request, but I'm pretty sure I sent a PM your way. Might just be failed memory, I never know.

Last edited by Septok; 03-05-13 at 06:55 PM.
post #105 of 355 (permalink) Old 03-05-13, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Romero's Own's Flag is: Scotland

Don't worry Septok. You probably did send me a PM but I had to empty out my inbox because of a sudden rush of messages so may have missed you. My mistake.

As i said to Yru0 i am adapting the map a bit so i can easily give you a mountain to the north.

The Silent Lions Chapter

Winter Falls

Darkness

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
post #106 of 355 (permalink) Old 03-05-13, 07:10 PM
Septok's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romero's Own View Post
Don't worry Septok. You probably did send me a PM but I had to empty out my inbox because of a sudden rush of messages so may have missed you. My mistake.

As i said to Yru0 i am adapting the map a bit so i can easily give you a mountain to the north.
Brilliant, thanks. It appears I will have to either:
a) Be aggressive
or
b) Hide away and build a defensive army.

Hmm...
post #107 of 355 (permalink) Old 03-05-13, 07:12 PM
Reaper of Souls

Santaire's Flag is: United Kingdom

Time to start forming alliances

Or have I already formed one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romero's Own View Post
@Marshal Ragnar: There are land numbers and sea numbers. You are in the mountain chain just as Yru0 said. Seeing as you are the only one who went for the military superpower on land approach i thought I'd give you a challenge by putting you in front of the Shadow right from the go. Hope you don't mind.
Hey, my army is just above fifteen thousand men and I'm right in the path of the shadow too. Don't pretend otherwise.

Don't worry though, ye who hides behind me. Esterwynne will not bow to the Shadow. Not now, not ever

Edit: And can we gain national traits? Like Homeland Security or I believe you have underestimated the sneakiness sir?

We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment - and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly.
— Flemeth

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Last edited by Santaire; 03-05-13 at 07:15 PM.
post #108 of 355 (permalink) Old 03-05-13, 07:15 PM

NATION

Nation Name: Terra
Chosen Colour for Nation: blue?
People of Importance:
Government
King Sebastian Orwell IV
General Le Marc
Advisory council
Rebellion
Mclanahan the Slaughterer
Gorok the Bloodthirsty

7 million
4 million Humans
3 million ogres
TRAITS:

National Traits;
Farm hands
Homeland security
Ranchers

Population Traits;
Loyal
Industrious
Look at all the babies

Academic Traits
Science academy
Academy of war

Military Traits
Golden horde
Fearless
Strategist
Superior forging
Mithril armour
Masterful cavalry
Soldiers of the Line

Military Units Traits
Light infantry
Heavy cavalry
Arquebus
Artillery

Necromancy Traits

Divine Magic Traits

Elemental Magic Traits

Illusion Magic Traits

Technology Traits
This is my BOOMSTICK
Cannons
Steam engines
Trains

Racial Traits
Ogres;
Increased fortitude
Humans;

Farming is in the blood

History
There is no assured start to the nation that is Terra. However the most accepted idea is that Terra once was a large group of nomads who eventually settled in the fertile land. There, the group successfully grew, attracting more and more wanderers until tribes eventually formed, then turned into towns and cities which inevitably lead to the idea of a nation being formed.

This sparked the areas first conflict, where cities fought cities for control and the right to rule. This continued until all settlements either followed one of the two states, Terra and the Settled. For a time the war stagnated, each small nation equal to the other, until a new threat came. Like the humans a large group of ogres decided to make their home in the fertile land. After being forced to continually move the Ogres claimed the land in order to form a civilization of their own, and with the humans currently locked in war both decided to leave the Ogre issue. Taking advantage of this the Ogres spread word of the paradise and like the humans, they too rapidly grew filling up their small space as more and more wanderers came to make a home. Soon by their natural strength, unity and sheer determination to make a home the Ogres had amassed a force larger than any single native human force with the goal to drive out the warring humans and claim the land. The Ogre horde (as the army was called) sent its attack against the Settled and quickly began to cut towards their capital taking advantage of how all their main forces were locked in combat. However King Soru Orwell took notice of the brutality and offered a peace treaty with the settled in order to deal with the neglected issue that grew to threaten them both.

Together the nations pushed the Ogres out of the capital and back into their own land, soon their home was now surrounded. Then the question of what to do with the defeated ogres came, their army in shambles the Settled’s leader demanded that the ogres be eradicated. However, the King Soru, was able to make the final choice thanks to how the Settled’s army was also in ruins and had little to no morale remaining. In the end Soru took the Ogres land and brought them into the Empire (specifically the army) after which he marched his forces into the Settled’s capital almost unopposed - thanks to the people questioning their government for allowing the Ogres to almost wipe them out - and quickly he took power over the Settled claiming it for his own, promising better days. And while there was resistance from both the Settled and the Ogres everyone eventually unified under Soru’s rule and the country of Terra was formed. An age of prosperity and progress began and lasted until Soru died, but to this day he is remembered as Father Soru the Great, founder of the nation.

As generations passed, a gap between humans and ogres began to appear. Humans were seen as the masters more and more, claiming it was due to how the land was won by them in the past. And as time passed the ogres became second class citizens of the Terran nation, but the small nation was pressed for space as its population continued to grow. This situation sparked the great expansion where the nation of Terra turned into the Empire of Terra. In this age of change it made first contact with the other empires and nations - including the alliance. Seeing the potential of unification, the Terran Empire quickly joined. Still it was desperate to prove itself and there was an obvious simple way to do that. Quickly utilizing its army Terra became a force of the alliance, obeying its commands and quickly gaining respect for its sizable military of both man and Ogres. One of the famous early campaigns of Terra, was the push against the Anicean Empire’s captured territory. The swift and powerful attacks helped decimate the Anciean land forces, pushing them to the sea; although Anciea’s navy held the line the Terran ground forces were praised for their strength. And so Terra steadily gained respect and power as a Champion of the Alliance; then the shadows came.

At the time of the shadow rise King Sebastian Orwell IV had recently taken power and following the tradition of Terra, the Shadows were met with a head on attack. The Terrans military was told at first to spread out and eradicate any shadow forces as they appeared which went well up until the number of shadows increased to the point where they were far superior to any single force and couldn’t be ‘contained’. At first King Sebastian Orwell IV refused to pull his men out due to how it would be the first major ground withdrawal for decades. But as the army continued to fight in un-defendable positions their casualties grew massive. Soon even the king had to admit defeat and pull his men to Alliance borders. From the outside the Terran army was a beacon of hope, holding the line for the others to pull back. But on the inside, the army was falling apart. Due to the army’s reputation many nobles had bribed their youth into the force as officers, even with a lack of training and experience, causing many victories in the past to be only thanks to numbers and strength alone. Now outnumbered many officers and commanders fled, leaving the military command in chaos.

When the shadows hit again smashing past the entirety of the Alliance’s combined force, one commander - ‘Mclanahan’ - took control of the Terran forces in the conflict zone and instead of holding the line as his orders told him he began moving his men to reinforce Terra’s borders. However en-route his commanders re-took control taking credit for the Terran army being one of the few surviving forces of the Alliance fronts, and sent him to Terras’s neighbours instead. In doing so when the shadows had pushed past enough of the Alliance, the Terran military was able to hold the ground thanks to a familiarity of the area and its defences. As a side effect the Shadows began to concentrate their forces on the heavily defended neighbours leaving the Terran homeland mostly untouched. Once the Shadows were repelled and the Alliance lay in ruins, Terra seemed to be a beacon of hope for all on the outside. Standing above the chaos, defending its allies even while surrounded by enemies. Like always however, it was different on the inside. The Terran military was slaughtered and the neighbouring militaries were a step worse having been subjected to the brunt of the Shadow’s attack acting effectively as bait - they were practically decimated. Seeing the devastation and knowing he would return to a life bordering slavery, an Ogre veteran named Gorok convinced a large force of his comrades to stand against the Terran empire and fight for freedom. Effectively Gorok formed the first formal rebel group and many veterans of the shadow war began to join, up until the government wrestled control back again and began sending ‘fresh’ troops to dispatch of the rebels. At first there was a slaughter and the wounded, war weary rebels fell quickly, until commander Mclanahan resigned from the military and joined Gorok. It was not long after that the entire rebel group began to melt away from the Empires forces.

Now with the Shadows returning, the Terran empire once again prepared to mobilized its army. However the rebels have resurfaced and continue to grow; and in the military many soldiers are refusing to fight and enter another slaughter.

Military units
conscripts
Light infantry = 200,000

Elites
arequbus = 100,000
Artillery = 50,000
Heavy cavalary = 50,000

chaos space marine: tell your false emperor you failed.
wounded space marine: tell... him.... yourself
chaos space marine: wha..
(chaos space marine turns around to find Chuck Norris with power fist)
chaos space marine: awww cra..
Chuck: Falcon Punch!

Last edited by brendxb; 03-25-13 at 11:02 AM.
post #109 of 355 (permalink) Old 03-05-13, 07:16 PM

Yru0's Flag is: Australia

Whatever's easier for you Romero, and of 1,2,3,4,5,6,49,50,51 will do me fine . Heck, even 7,8,9,10 would be interesting, but I'd think they might be a bit too close to Santaire.

Chaos Marine - "Where's your god Emperor now!?"
Loyal Astartes - "Right Behind you...."
Chaos Marine - *Turns around*
Chuck Norris with a Powerfist - "FALCON PUNCH!"
post #110 of 355 (permalink) Old 03-05-13, 07:29 PM
Reaper of Souls

Santaire's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hey, Esterwynne doesn't hate Anicea. It's too focussed on the Shadow on its northern border. Quite frankly I think Esterwynne would be glad for a neighbour as powerful as Anicea

We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment - and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly.
— Flemeth

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode