Age of Imperialism - A Land lost in Mist - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-12, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Karak The Unfaithful's Flag is: Great Britain

Default Age of Imperialism - A Land lost in Mist

Age of Imperialism – A Land lost in mist

In the year 1850, The Empire of England went to war with a nation of Scottish and Irish rebels, called the Celtic Union. Within the two years the English army was sitting safely in Scotland, having wiped out the Celtic army there. At first the English Army used there modern troop doctrine, discipline and technology to crush the Celts. But in 1852, as the 1st and 2nd Imperial divisions began to cross the Irish Sea, expecting a similar slaughter, the Celts, with the help of the Realm of izgurka, had put
together an army that drastically change things…

Hello one and all! Age of Imperialism has gone now but we can still enjoy what it left behind. I am glad to be the person who made, what I do believe, is the first successful conquest RP for Heresy Online. I decided to make this traditional RP because, well, I can! This is something I’ve wanted to do for a while now, and decided to pick Bane_of_kings conquest of Scotland and Ireland as the setting. However, things won’t be exactly as they happened in the original Age of Imperialism, there will be a few twists here and there, but nothing major.

You will be playing as a Ranker in the Imperial Foreign Legion, an English regiment consisting almost entirely of foreign troops. The IFL has a long history of military success and pride within English Military history. This means you can play as an Izgurkan, Parisan, Hiigaran, Vendsysselian, Caledonian, Gallic, Darscen or Illyrian soldier, fighting for England. But if you wish to play as an English soldier you may do also.

The Rules
- No Godmodding, you are a human being not a armour-plated super human!
- Respect the decisions of the players and the GM
- Follow the orders of your officer, disobeying means he could have you flogged or shot.
- I am the GM, what I say goes.

Roles of the Regiment

As a proud member of the Imperial Foreign Legion you all have a part to play, but what is it? Read on to find out more:

Ranker (No number restriction): You are an infantryman of the line, armed with your musket and bayonet you form the core of any regiment or Army. You may be a Private, Lance Corporal or Corporal. Important! All Muskets are muzzle loaded meaning you have to drop the bullet and gun powder down the barrel, push it down with a ramrod, and then you can fire, this can take a while to do but the results can be shocking. The same goes for any other gun of the era.

Colour Sergeant (Maximum: 1): Every regiment carries a flag with them, known as the colours, It is the centre of morale for the regiment and the enemy will try to take it from you. During battle the colours can inspire the men to victory, but losing them will often cause the regiment to run. The Colour Sergeant has the important job of keeping the colours safe from the enemy; he will fight and die for them. He will do anything for that red and blue flag. The Colour sergeant carries a sword into battle.

Colonel (Maximum: 1): When faced with an enemy column the regiment needs a strong commander to keep them at their positions. English Colonels are typically from the middle or upper classes, and while the soldiers eat in the barracks the Colonel will enjoy fine food and wine in his private quarters, usually accompanied by other Officers. The Colonel is armed with a pistol, sword and a telescope; all of which he will have been trained to use properly (but not the telescope!) Only a true Englishman may be the Colonel.

Marksmen (Maximum: 1): Before the days of high-powered sniper rifles and enhanced scopes the Snipers and Marksmen of the age had to make do with what they had. In your hands a musket can be very accurate, you know where the bullet will go you’re able to make astounding shots the rest of the regiment would never get.

Character Sheet

Name: Your name should reflect your culture and nationality.

Nationality: Where did you come from? If you’re not familiar with any of the Age of Imperialism cultures ask me or one of the original players.

Role and Rank: See the information above for this bit.

Appearance: You’ll all be wearing the same uniform, so focus mostly on facial details for this bit.

Personality: Tell me what this man is like? Is he a hardened soldier? A boy who thought it would be fun to join the army? An idiot? Tell me!

Background: Tell me why this man left his homeland and joined the IFL? Perhaps he committed a crime and wanted to get away? Or maybe he’s an immigrant looking for a better way of life? Give me his life story!

Other Information
Not all the players here will be familiar with Age of Imperialism, but fear not my friends if you have any questions then feel free to ask me or anyone who played the original game.

I’d like to see some good interaction here between characters, don’t be afraid to strike a conversation with someone else.

I hope you enjoy the game and wish you the best of luck! Have fun!
You know, I get the feeling I've forgotten something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klomster View Post
Ok, doing good gentlemen.
(Except Karak, you are not really a gentleman, but more brutal.... a brutalman )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-12, 04:23 PM

son of azurman's Flag is: Scotland

so will you be doing rps for different events in the original?
if so sounds like a good idea count me as a reader but sadly cant take part not enough time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
If an immovable object is struck by an unstoppable force, how many potatoes will fit in the jelly mould?
Renegades 9:flesh is weak
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=122389

Eldrad Ulthran:
"He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it."

inquisitor czevak:
"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-12, 06:57 PM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Sounds like a great idea. May I reserve a Colonel? I'll have my sheet up on Wednesday.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-12, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane_of_Kings View Post
Sounds like a great idea. May I reserve a Colonel? I'll have my sheet up on Wednesday.
Well, its whoever posts what I think will be the best for that particular role. So if someone does something better then it may go to them.

Quote:
(Except Karak, you are not really a gentleman, but more brutal.... a brutalman )
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-20-12, 05:27 AM
HOGGLORD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Location: That place, you know. That place you went to that one time, surely you remember?

Karak, would you be Ok with me posting up several character sheets and then you can pick out the most fitting one?

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-20-12, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOGGLORD View Post
Karak, would you be Ok with me posting up several character sheets and then you can pick out the most fitting one?
Well, its a little out of the norm, but OK. You may post no more than three.

Quote:
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-23-12, 04:25 PM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Name: Andrew Sharpe
Nationality: English
Role & Rank: Colonel
Appearance: Blonde-haired, white-skinned and has a small amount of facial hair.
Personality: Andrew Sharpe is a hardened veteran, having served for several years and during this period has earned the respect of those that he fights with, unafraid to get down and dirty with the rest of his regiment. He has no time for banter, and is not one to make witty comments.
Background: Andrew Sharpe comes from a line of proud English officers, and it was expected of him to join the Imperial Foreign Legion like his father and his father before him. Enlisting, Sharpe went on to serve in several wars for his country and even lead a key role in establishing the dominance of Mycroft Northwinson II at 17, which was by far his proudest moment, and he is more than happy to remind his soldiers of a time when things were not as good in the English Empire as they were when he a young child.

Hope this is okay, if it needs updating, let me know. I'll probably end up writing more anyway at the weekend.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-23-12, 10:44 PM

Ill make a sheet doing the weekend, probably just a ordinary ranker.

Sneaky Wood Elf.
Give me a 5+ ward save and I can't be killed.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-24-12, 07:05 AM

hmm sounds fun when I have time I will upload my chracter sheet
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-24-12, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Ah, it lives!

and dear god...A Sharpe reference, why didn't I see this coming?

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode